Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

Just to be clear, there's already tremendous amounts of money pouring into cannabis from organized crime, from big tobacco, from pharma, from VCs, from every piece of the alt-med industry

... you keep repeating yourself there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

You might be underestimating how many people have a lot of time on their hands and complaining as their favorite hobby to fill it with.

See also: QCS

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

Company wide about 95% of the department I work for is going to be gone, all over the US. But I think after the conference call today, if you are one of the people that's being let go, you have to stay on until the end of March in order to get your severance package. There's no information about or for the people that aren't in the cuts, other than to just wait and make sure to be safe above all, and don't let all the chaos bog you down. Concentrate on your driving and don't think about anything else. Yeah good luck with that.

Sorry if the above posts were unclear, still trying to figure out how we're not turning a profit after 10 years of madness and nonstop orders.

Did that one boomer dipshit you kept having to ride with get cut?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Leal posted:

Speaking of ordering fuckery, it wasn't until last week I finally got some drat cleaner after nearly 6 weeks. In that time I've been mixing whatever chemical compound we had in the building or sanitizer water to clean stuff. I intentionally held off on asking about it because surely someone else would notice, surely someone else would've needed the cleaner. Or they would've noticed they haven't ordered any in a while and think "wait, did it last this long?" Or, you know, notice that there is a single bottle in the closet.

Two things:
  1. The weak link in your plan is expecting anyone at that kind of job to give a poo poo about anything that isn't their job, also anything that is their job.
  2. What the hecks up with your red text?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Boob Cop posted:

So. In our meat dept we have a back room where we chill. We hang pictures and positive comments that staff have received from customers. My manager tore all the pictures down (long rear end story).

Post it, we're not going anywhere. :colbert:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

I once spent four months as the world's only totally honest car salesman--and actually got away with it, because I sold enough cars to satisfy the bosses and in that world, as long as you move enough metal you can get away with anything.

Even being honest? :wth:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

AngryRobotsInc posted:

"Do you work here?"

"Nah, man, I'm just on a step stool, organizing the shelves for fun."

My answer was usually "Not if I can avoid it" or "Only when my boss is around".

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

That sounds like communism.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

therobit posted:

New thread title?

Seconded.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Coasterphreak posted:

, because the comfort of the customers is not a factor.

:hmmyes:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Alkydere posted:

Apparently our building is connected to 2 grids to spread the load

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Rainbow Knight posted:

"I HOPE YOU poo poo YOURSELF TO DEATH"

And then pirouette away. 🩰

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

dovetaile posted:

Welp, the managers had a meeting yesterday and now if we call out without a note (doctor's note/note from court) we can/will be fired.

Time to leave.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

PurpleXVI posted:

This is why when I don't want to deal with a customer for whatever reason, I just quote them the upper limit of pricing and shipping time for whatever we're talking about, then shrug helplessly when they shake their heads and say that it's something they can't work with. What a terrible shame they're going to have to go and bother someone else. Coincidentally the same thing that happens whenever someone asks for a discount.

I usually told customers that I was only allowed to give them the dis, they'd have to go over my head for the count.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

njsykora posted:

we're getting our old gay store manager back who's been trying to get back into our store for a full year at this point.

Oh poo poo, you actually work at the gay store?!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Then you tell them that you are cleaning.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

AngryRobotsInc posted:

First thing the truck driver said to me, dead seriously, "You're too short to be in charge.'

Just.....what the gently caress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT9ArM3-KJQ

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

making GBS threads all over 2nd shift? Impossible! That never happens!

Almost as often as 3rds gets poo poo on (2nds and 3rds need to unite and give 1sts a goddamn hiding.)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Alkydere posted:

8 hour zoom training lessons involving powerpoints of doom.

Wow that game can really run on anything

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Doomykins posted:

Cowslips company has sounded particularly weaselly so I wonder how fast they'd fold if asked to state their commands in writing, which is an unmistakable "please give me legal documentation" wind up punch.

I had a boss once ask me if I could relax a little about checking id for alcohol sales. I asked for that in writing and it never came up again lol

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Because grilled onions are fuckin delicious

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

You're getting reassigned to Singapore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This is why you always leave goatse up when you lock your phones.