Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh yeah also this

10125 Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter

Details here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44391

This is not worth 100$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Wow the new star wars sets continually to be ridiculously overpriced. Sigh :(

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

I saw this house at Target today for the first time.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8403-1

It was $39.99 for 383 pieces, and it also said "special edition" on the box, but I don't see what exactly is special about it.

Maybe for that sweet hotdog

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

snortpocket posted:

The UCS Imperial Shuttle is now available from the LEGO store, if anyone wants to grab it right away:
http://shop.lego.com/ByCategory/Product.aspx?p=10212&cn=233&d=263

I thought this was going to be 200???? I mean gently caress 200 but gently caress 260

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Avatar is a childrens movie now? I also always wondered why they didn't jump onto LOTR when it came out.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Flavor Bear posted:

Good lord they've got baldrics.

http://gal.darkervision.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/baldrick.thumbnail.jpg

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Flavor Bear posted:

No no no.
Not like that.
Like this.

http://sharetv.org/images/blackadder_uk/cast/large/baldrick_season_2.jpg

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Target has the baggies in their Easter section. Right now I can get the X-wing and Tie Fighter.

Also in Walmart easter section.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Went to a 5below up in York while I was there for the day and they had 2 boxes of S4 and one of S5 at the register. Stood there going through them and told the cashier I'm gonna be a while. Got most of what I wanted, radioactive guy, royal guard and gladiator to name a few. Some how managed to get 2 nascar/racecar guys :(

The gladiator helmet is one of the best lego pieces I've ever seen.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Ockhams Crowbar posted:

Loving the Roman legionnaire - I may have to track that one down.

I've seen custom built Colosseums and such, but have there been any official Lego sets dealing with Rome or its architecture? It seems like such a rich vein to tap.

Yeah I was just going to post this. Instead of castle they should do Romans or Greeks. I want an army of those legionnaires.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Found series 6 in Target Maryland. Got the alien, skate girl and sleepy guy :( bitches skateboard tricked me from the Roman.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Paul Proteus posted:

The key to the roman is the spear. It is the longest thing in any of the sets and the end has a rubbery/bendable feel - also the skater girl's wheels aren't attached to the skateboard itself; they feel a lot like a tiny dumbbell.

I went 6 for 6 in my picks (Minotaur, Genie, Samnus, Bandit, Roman, Celt). The Statue of Liberty is a pain in the rear end to find - too many flamenco dancers.

Ah, thanks for the tip.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I really wish they would do a Roman or Greek line.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Came across this on my internet travels today, want to do this so badly

http://lavonardo.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/lego-carcassonne.jpg

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
The 19$ tax almost made me not buy the super star destroyer. I'm really tempted to buy another just to hold on to.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

The Rage posted:

Big thanks to Mog for a great Minifigure transaction. I have 15 more Galaxy Patrol figures still sealed if anyone is interested. Shoot me a PM.
Are you trading or accepting cash? I don't have one can email you if you want

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I didn't except the UCS Imperial Shuttle to be disappearing like it is. I thought for sure there would be enough for them to go on sale again. Anyone know of anywhere still selling them? or long shot anyone here who bought extras.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Fantastic

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

jeeves posted:

Walmart is apparently super clearancing everything LEGO right now as well.

This is like the only time I am NOT glad there is not a close Walmart around me.

New fiscal year, mark down money commence. I sadly know this...:(

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
so the only sale items are dollar off keychains? Wtf is going on

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Overemotional Robot posted:

Just found a Classic 10695 at my local Wal Mart for $20. Everything I've found says this isn't sold in the US, though.

Guess that's why I saw so many being picked up. Weird.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
There's only one Barnes near me and they only had 4 small ninja sets :/

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Griever posted:

Rogue One has got me really wishing they'd release another non-UCS Tantive IV.

Still got mine sealed

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

mattfl posted:

Guys, it's done, and it's glorious.

Pictures do not do this thing justice on just how big it is!

Full gallery of pics

http://imgur.com/a/EgoUo

Total time to build was about 12 hours. Build quality is excellent. 0 missing pieces and quite a few extras, although I think a lot of my extra pieces are to build a little stand for the big sticker that has all the info about the car on it, not sure if that was an official thing or not. I'll be ordering the green one next here in a few days.

What color do I get?!

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Hopper posted:

Do you guys know about the Lego Batman Movie Magazine for kids? It costs 3.50€ and contains 1 minifig. Is it available in the US?
Over here in Germany, issue 2 was just released that features a Joker minifig similar to the one in the Scuttler and Baloon Escape sets. Issue 1 had a limited classic Batman. I used it as a cheap way to get a classic Batman and am considering pickung up Joker as well.

There's some kind of Lego batman comic magazine we just got in at work and it's $9 and has a barbarian/Scottish Batman minifig with it

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Check your Walmarts, they're doing Lego resets.

Shuttle for 54 and K2 for 13

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Ok, these are the people I have down for a Lester minifig:

Waltzing Along
Carbohydrates
tomapot
PriorMarcus
Huge Fucker Bitch
Kjermzs
Pyroclastic
DrChud

Anyone else?

I'll be down for one if not too late

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Ucs slave 1 for 180$, best price out there? 30% off fishing store tomorrow also.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Well I'll get that since I got screwed on the fishing store and slave 1

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I want that Chinese dragon. Chinese junk would be cool too.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

xzzy posted:

Internet might not survive the rage that generates.

I'll be there for you

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
The fishing store is already a retired product??? God damnit :(

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Oh man a chameleon and a dachshund

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

First of May posted:

UCS Jabba's Sail Barge, please.

UCS slave Leia

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I want a UCS jabbas barge

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Local Craigslist post. All these are set up together in the picture 100%. He's asking for 2k. My girlfriend told me no

10255 Assembly Square
10264 Corner Garage
10260 Downtown Diner
10211 Grand Emporium
10232 Palace Cinema
10243 Parisian Restaurant
10246 Detective's Office
10251 Brick Bank
21310 Old Fishing Store
10268 Wind Turbine

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
So 2 nearby Lego stores had the bookshop come in according to Legos site. Called the one to buy it and asked if she had tree house and she said the other store found one in the back. Called that store and now picking up both tomorrow. Yay

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Barracuda is up for back order

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
So I think I finally scored a deal. Just picked up a tub of all? 7 monster fighters sets in bags from some woman on local facebook market for..$100. I'll go through them later and post some pics if imgur wants to cooperate

And this is after my girlfriend bought me the sealed castle for my birthday for secondary price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I finally got around to going through the monster fighters sets. Imgur refuses to work for me on here though. I'm only missing like 3 pieces and the book for the zombies out of all 7 sets. They even had all the extra pieces included. Bonus frodo poly bag mixed in.