Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The broken bones posted:

LA Times now links bleacher report articles lmao

Back when I cared I'd write a troll article and it'd get linked to on every CBS-owned website there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Captain Charisma posted:

Even CNET?

Not CNET, but I'd google the title and it would appear on a bunch of websites within minutes. I'm a Syndicated Columnist!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

A Typical Goon posted:

If she didn't want to get in trouble with her employer maybe she shouldn't have brought up her employer in a 'I'm better than you cause I'm on TV' manner?

nah the company is bad so she should be able to lord her television work over the guy making minimum wage

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Rays minor leaguer Carter Burgess asked on Twitter today why Baseball Tonight has female analysts. When questioned by female baseball fans on Twitter, he replied with "deez nuts." Rays minor leaguer Carter Burgess has since deleted his Twitter account. :v:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

He's slugging .260 in single-A, too. Probably not a good career move doing that.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Boston will probably like him even more now, why would he need to go back to Rhode Island?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Frackie Robinson posted:

Fun Fact: Schilling pretending to have a bleeding ankle in 2004 was actually meant as a subtle homage to the Nazis, who pretended to exterminate 4 million Jews.

"I could have got more out," said Curt Schilling as Francona yanked him in the bottom of the 4th in game 2

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

zakharov posted:

A blogger wearing a dress shirt??

He used to be jacked but I can't find any good photos. He had a sweet mullet though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Ribsauce posted:

If you had to guess what year that picture was taken you would have to go something like 1999, right? CRT monitor, that old rear end phone, a real paper rolodex*, papers everywhere, etc.

You'd be wrong, the Carano Cyborg poster dates that picture to 2009 at the earliest as far as I can tell from google.

*god what I'd do to get my hands on Meltzer's rolodex

It's was taken for a New York Times article from 2013.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/sports/wrestling-reporter-dave-meltzer-tries-to-keep-it-real.html?referer=&_r=0

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Will Carroll is still an idiot pretending to know about pitching injuries, right? I made a joke about him on Twitter like a week ago, he just now got around to namesearching himself and then blocking me. :wtc:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Ty1990 posted:

I've heard this too. I've met dozens of people that have worked for Amazon and all but a few hated it.

This is the future, where corporations like Google and Facebook expect female employees to freeze their eggs so they don't have their important careers interrupted by pesky babies. And Amazon's working conditions are known by everyone to be terrible. They're getting sued over it, and their response to the lawsuit was to release the suing employees' personnel reviews saying "look, they were bad employees anyway, of course they're gonna be mad we fired them!"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jason Whitlock has some words to say about this.

http://j.school/post/135257975985/serena-williams-as-victim-diminishes-her-greatness

quote:

The safe space being erected around Serena Williams could cripple what’s left of her playing career.

The soft, insecure and identity-confused want to place Williams in a protective bubble free of criticism and filled with deification. Well-intentioned people with no real experience in competitive athletics and even less understanding of sports culture (and the world) want Williams to exist on the island Sir Thomas More imagined 499 years ago.

Maybe the rise of safe-space fascism has been orchestrated to coincide with the 500-year anniversary of More’s most memorable work, Utopia, a satirical book of fiction about a “perfect” island/government that allows slavery, promotes a welfare state and doesn’t value privacy.

Whatever the motivation, our modern-day Utopians/safe-spacers love Serena Williams but don’t remotely comprehend her rise or personality. If they understood her journey, they wouldn’t be desperately trying to cast her late-career ascension as some sort of triumph over prime-career victimization.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Crazy Ted posted:

In the interview, Wambach nailed the exact reasons for the international football pay gap, and proceeded to dismiss it that the same time by saying "treating people equally shouldn't cost money" or something like that. The Men's World Cup brings in something like 200-300 times the broadcast and sponsorship revenue that the Women's World Cup does. Of course the bonuses for the men's teams are going to be multiple times higher.

There are people who tend to think that because a lot of people watch WWC games here in the United States that it's a big deal among all of the powerful women's soccer countries. It really isn't. England made the semi-finals and I think they only had three full-time professionals in their team. Germany and Scandinavia support the women's game pretty well, and...that's about it outside of the United States?

Was this before or after Sepp Blatter said the key to making people watch the Women's World Cup was to make them wear booty shorts?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Barstool Sports got bought by the Chernin Group, a new media conglomerate. You may know Barstool Sports as a sports news site catering to the fratboy demographic whose sole purpose is to provide hot takes and harass women who don't like their racist Twitter posts and articles.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The founder of Barstool Sports showed up at Twitter HQ and demanded to be verified. It didn't work.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/773168456619421696

I know he's a professional troll but yikes

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/857285136357900288

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/steakNstiffarms/status/918177753144311809

3 guesses as to what sports site wrote this and thought it was in any way acceptable or enforceable

v got it in one v

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 11, 2017

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

morestuff posted:

I mean name a stable media job outside the NYT

Edgy leftist podcast with a patreon

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Oh and Vox Media didn’t tell anyone either

https://twitter.com/unstoppablebaby/status/1206648037193519104

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

habeasdorkus posted:

So ESPN is gonna rehire him no later than next season, right? And he's gonna get most if not all of his remaining contract from the Raiders?

Hah no, he's going to run for Congress or something on the chud ticket, except he's not worshipped in Tampa like Tommy Tuberv--ah gently caress

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Once in a while he posts something insightful about business of sports but 99% of the time it’s NFTs or gambling hype.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Speaking of sportswashing...

https://twitter.com/SI_wrestling/status/1450931081943859205?s=20

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Tampa Bay Lightning should play at the Captain Stabbin Center

The Thunderdome and the Ice Palace are much better names than the Trop and Oil Company Nobody’s Heard Of Arena.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

He's Dave Meltzer but evil.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I hate Stephen A. as a takemonger but I love him for playing along with the silly tweets and doing guest spots on General Hospital because he grew up watching it with his sisters?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Dexo posted:

Love when white liberal racism is laid bare for everyone to see.

Thanks Jill.

Imagine how nuclear the takes would be if Don Imus were still alive

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

If you are legit you are allowed to taunt. If you taunt you run the risk of looking like a douche when you lose and that is the gamble you have made.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

No wonder he’s so red-rear end

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

General Dog posted:

I know this comment will come across as awfully credulous, but surely the FBI has more pressing things to do than raiding white people for ripping Sun Sports streams due to their proximity to power in Tampa political scene.

They do raid satellite pirates but a full guns-drawn pre-dawn raid points to, uh, something that might be worse than pirating HBO. I wasn’t able to find an article about the FBI raiding satellite pirates since 2016 and the only one before that was that early-2000s DirecTV decoder cloning ring.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 9, 2023

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

FDLE is nakedly partisan and enforcing the fascism stuff so that’d be who would be on call in the event of a political persecution, not the FBI.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Go easy on Bill Simmons. This is the worst day for the Celtics fanbase since January 6 ended in failure.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Welcome to the future

https://futurism.com/sports-illustrated-ai-generated-writers

quote:

There was nothing in Drew Ortiz's author biography at Sports Illustrated to suggest that he was anything other than human.

"Drew has spent much of his life outdoors, and is excited to guide you through his never-ending list of the best products to keep you from falling to the perils of nature," it read. "Nowadays, there is rarely a weekend that goes by where Drew isn't out camping, hiking, or just back on his parents' farm."

The only problem? Outside of Sports Illustrated, Drew Ortiz doesn't seem to exist. He has no social media presence and no publishing history. And even more strangely, his profile photo on Sports Illustrated is for sale on a website that sells AI-generated headshots, where he's described as "neutral white young-adult male with short brown hair and blue eyes."

They caught Sports Illustrated publishing ChatGPT nonsense under bylines with deepfake headshots and when called on it denied everything and deleted it en masse.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://frontofficesports.com/the-amount-of-useless-stuff-you-guys-do-is-staggering-inside-a-shakeup-at-sports-illustrated/

Yeah, here’s an article about the new owners of SI

quote:

”No one is important,” Bhargava told SI staffers, per one source on hand for the presentation. “I am not important. … The amount of useless stuff you guys do is staggering.”

The meeting lasted more than 90 minutes, and Bhargava joked at one point, “Did anyone bring any 5-Hour [Energy drink]?”

Other highlights from Bhargava’s comments during the town hall:

A rant about recycling being “useless.”
He told employees that the leaders of SI should “stop doing dumb stuff.”
He declared “PowerPoints are illegal” because such presentations are a waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I don’t really follow NCAAB so I knew some of it but not all, and it’s a one stop shop for how awful she is. I bet she was mad, yeah.