Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Rasamune posted:

10 LET DREAM = TRUE
20 LET ME = ME + YOU
30 LET THE_ONLY_ONE_FOR_ME = "YOU"
40 PRINT THE_ONLY_ONE_FOR_ME
50 IF REPEAT_FLAG != TRUE THEN LET REPEAT_FLAG = TRUE; GOTO 10
60 LET YOU_ARE_IN_LOVE_WITH_ME = TRUE
70 IF WORK_IS_DONE = TRUE THEN GOTO 10

This is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

SHISHKABOB posted:

Hey guys, I think he was just showing us some pictures made by crazy people on the internet, not necessarily endorsing them. Just a hunch.

No one was saying he endorsed it, just that it's a stupid thing to post.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I'm very happy how I went from "Oh gosh I hope Kat says she's not interested in a gentle way" to "Oh wow she is interested!"

Lurdiak posted:

I actually wanted to post this earlier, but it kinda looks like it might be someone making fun of him.

Do you have to register a name for the comment function or something like that? Because yeah, I'm also getting that feeling.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

MikeJF posted:

Dunno about that; she may well pass to his next of kin with the rest of his possessions. That may have been how she was passed on to him in the first place.

She got passed to Adam because his sister specifically wrote down that she wanted him to have her doll.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Suaimhneas posted:

About the homework copying: I remember her doing it that one time, but has there been anything to show that she's done it a lot? I see people here talking about Annie ignoring her schoolwork for years and I'm not sure where that impression's coming from.

Second to last panel.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Lady Naga posted:

I'm actually pretty sure it used to be 30, probably even cheaper before that. I'd like to say that the Mass Effect threads caused them to ratchet up the price so people stop spending their hard-earned disposable income on lovely injokes but I can't say for sure.

It's been $30 for as long as I remember.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Amazing. Amazing.

Portals posted:

Oh Annie. :allears:

It's not my blood.

Once I get some money to spend I have to get this because, really.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
How dare you Tom. How dare you have Kat be gay for Paz.

Darth Windu posted:

It is just something I felt I needed to share, to shine a light on why people like that guy and the guy who was hilariously upset about Anne and Kat not getting together are not monsters, but simply people who enjoy a webcomic and are mislead to expect things out of it that it will not, and in fact is unable to provide.

Nobody said they're monsters, just massive dorks.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Heavy Zed posted:

"Love makes you act in strange ways"

It was played as a bit of a joke in this chapter but it seems possible this relationship is going to sour the whole "angel/creator" thing Kat has going.

I hope not, I want to see how the robots react to the Angel/Creator having a girlfriend. And Paz reacting to the fact that her girlfriend has a cult of robots who think she's a divine being.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Heavy Zed posted:

Yeah I don't think anyone is implying that.

But the robots as a group make a big deal about Kat and it's not clear yet how Paz will fit into that picture or if she can at all. One really obvious thing that could happen is the robots assuming that Kat will want Paz dead at some point, since that was what love drove Diego to right?

Talk about your awkward conversations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

SHISHKABOB posted:

I just don't think that there's any reason, based on evidence from the story, to believe that the robots think that it was logical or made any sense for Diego to have conspired to have Jeanne killed. I think that believing that the robots are more likely to misinterpret humans is something that we see a lot in other settings, but I don't believe we've seen any evidence for it in GKC.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the whole thing behind them showing Kat and Annie the video was to ask them why someone would do such a thing to a person they love.

pumpinglemma posted:

Going by these two pages, I'd say homophobia in the Court is alive and well - Kat and Paz are both acting as though being anything other than straight is at least slightly taboo. I think we should probably assume that the Court is roughly equivalent to the real UK in terms of attitudes.

There's also this.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Prison Warden posted:

You what mate? Kat IS seeing a bird.

Amazing.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

LtStorm posted:

It's been said, but never shown before. I had actually started assuming she didn't actually talk to them and just had a deep empathy for animals above what a normal person could have. Given, this is an after-chapter page so that may be true in the regular pages.

Tom said a while back that the after-chapter bits are canon.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Oz posted:

I wonder why Parley isn't in Queslett, given that she has the ability to teleport.

She only had manifested that power recently, so she would have been assigned a different house before.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Cat Mattress posted:

Don't feel bad about a rookie mistake, Annie.

One she made as a child and when she didn't even know about this process too.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ChairMaster posted:

Every single one of those people had no loving idea what the tweet was even about, and they delegitimize the entire progressive movement and allow it to be written off as stupid assholes on the internet who just want something to be mad at.

The people who write it off would have done so anyway. The "social justice warrior" boogeyman just gives them a convenient excuse.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Ironic Twist posted:

If I'd complain about anything, it'd be that it didn't play up that angle enough (have Mort wax eloquent about the ROTD, make it really clear that Annie/Mort are picking their jaws up off the floor, etc.)

I felt it worked better by having you realize as things went on that Annie/Mort were seeing something a lot grander then Kat. There's been moments before when someplace important has been a bit goofy, and you start off thinking it's the case here too. If it was more obvious at the start it would have lost something, in my opinion.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Tea-san posted:

For someone in Ankou's line of work, meeting Jones is like meeting a celebrity. One who will never be caught. He's doing his best not to totally fangirl right now.

That is adorable.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Demiurge4 posted:

The school hasn't been very controlling of her thus far but Anthony could just say "no more forest visits" and that's the end of that.

I don't know about that. Coyote obviously wants her to be his medium and I doubt the Court would take Annie's position away from her (and risk pissing off Coyote) just because her dad says "No going to the forest anymore" unless they had a really good reason for doing so.

YF-23 posted:

What we're supposed to take from it is that Kat dislikes Annie's father because she only knows him as a guy that's abandoned his daughter and put her in coma to perform some kind of ether-surgery on her (and by that alone it should be obvious how ill-informed Kat's opinion of Anthony is),

If I remember right, only Zimmy and Gamma know it was Anthony who did the surgery. Annie just told Kat she thought she had a weird dream about Zimmy punching her dad.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Lurdiak posted:

It gets brought up in Fire Spike, but I'm certain we see her cheating before then. So pretty much the whole time.

First time we see her do it was in Chapter 17, so yeah quite a while.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Rei_ posted:

Also wasn't Kat aware of the cheating? Otherwise how was Antimony getting the books to copy? Was she just stealing from her?

Yeah, she was.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Faux Mulder posted:

'lovely' carries the connotations of laziness, indifference, or an active pattern of conscious physical and emotional abuse. Anthony hasn't demonstrated any of this.

What about when he literally performed some kind of weird magic surgery on her without her consent or knowledge?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Strategic Tea posted:

Yeah, god knows how some people itt made it through Roald Dahl or *gasp* Harry Potter

Pretty sure most people won't say that Trunchbull had good intentions or that anyone who thinks the Dursleys were lovely parents to Harry are just projecting their own issues.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Malpais Legate posted:

During the conflict with Jack (I think it's the Spring Heeled chapters?), Annie and Zimmie switch places in the ether distortion created by Zimmie. Gamma mentions that this isn't the first time that Zimmie had forgotten who she was. It's not until the rain falls and the distortion fades that Annie regains her identity.

She was only hanging out with Gamma during that part, right? I don't know if there's anything to indicate that others wouldn't see Zimmie as herself, I thought it was just affecting her. Been a long time since I read that chapter though I could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Glagha posted:

Oh I just realized that Ysengrin didn't know about the tooth. I forgot that Coyote explicitly threatened her not to tell anyone in the forest. For some reason I thought she'd told Ysengrin later.

Ysengrin knew about her binding, but not what Coyote put it on her for.