Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gwaihir posted:

Absolutely nothing can backshot you if you're facing 0815, so you're good to go.
Can he make it there? I'm just an observer but I think I have observed that PTN has indicated that the Battlemaster has not had the movement to get to his target hex the past few turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Viva Miriya posted:

You can ignore my posts but you can't uneat my rear end.
Are you even playing in this match?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I think the Jaggermech needs to get shots on the Glass Spider so it can TAC a Gauss and take it out of the fight. Fire downrange at the Stone Rhino next, obv.

edit: I'm just an dumbass observer, though, so feel free to ignore me.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kickass Harpsichord posted:

That's the hope at this point. I'm planning to stick where I am and unload into the Balius this turn. Hopefully the dice will be kind to me!
Wouldnt that subject you to a staggering amount of firepower from the Balius and give you terrible Minimum Range penalties? You could walk backwards to 0908 to get out of range of the Balius's Heavy Small Lasers and reduce your Minimum Range penalties for your Light ACs and give him a movement mod to hit you. Oh and pray that the honor Zell...
OR
You could walk back to 0908, torso twist and fire low at the Gargoyle (because the Balius moved *7* hexes to get to where it is), hoping to take it out while broadcasting on open comms that you must continue your honorable duel with the Gargoyle before engaging the Balius... nevermind you cant torso twist. Ugh that slays me, I do not envy your position.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 5, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah, I'm just not in a great position, and I'm going to take some punishment no matter what I do. I had considered withdrawing, but then it's very easy for the OpFor to surround me on the following turns and exposes me to the Gargoyle's fire as well. At least I out-weight and out-kick the Balius, and also, because of the new minimum range rules in effect, I suffer decreased penalties to hit due to minimum range. We'll see what happens.
Ah, I forgot about the minimum range stuff, that is good. Good luck.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Can the Mauler walk backwards 3? That would get it out of range of those Heavy SLs for a turn...

The Battlemaster is down to 7 Left Torso Internals.

It looks to me like the Sag, Hata, and Battlemaster can all get out of sight of the Stone Rhino (behind the H17) where they could also unload on either two different Eponas and the Summoner. That sounds wisest to me because it reduces the incoming fire that they can receive and allows them to focus fire on something that they want to eliminate. The Summoner and the Stone Rhino are pristine so why bother shooting them this round? Focus down those Eponas and get out of dodge, which also gets you closer to achieving the objective of linking up. You could also try to unload PPCs on the rear of the Glass Spider, I think?

Also if you move out of its sight you may force the Stone Rhino to move and maybe it will get close enough to flank it rather than staring down its bigass guns.

edit: The side of the Epona in 1224 is the side that got hit by the Hunchback's Heavy Assault gun...

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 8, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fraction Jackson posted:

Fear [of dice bullshittery] is the mind-killer.
Great Name + Av + Post combo

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I gotta say, I would love to see the Naginata (it can stay stationary and be at short range for the LRMs), Hata, Battlemaster, and Sag all alphastrike the Summoner. And/or the Sag jump to 1118 and shoot the poo poo out the backs of both of those tanks...

edit - just counted it and the Stone Rhino could fire those Gauss at Isokoru :xd:

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 10, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I may have posted before about how I, as an observer, think it would be neat to see the Summoner get a beatdown, but upon further thought and review, hitting the (undamaged) Summoner will be hard and those Eponas and the Glass Spider need to die. The situation for those three mechs in the middle is pretty dicey - open torsos and surrounded on all sides...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I had this thread bookmarked for ages but never actually read it because it was so intimidating to get into. With HBS's Battletech on the horizon I needed a battletech fix and started reading....

Hooooly poo poo why have I not been reading this since like 1900 posts ago :psyduck:

Mukaikubo posted:

I do not see any reason for my orders not to be this. Anyone have a cogent counterargument?
No. Do it! Sweep the legs Crush the cockpit.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mauler here, not sure what to do next.
Whatever you do, I just want you to know that I think you're a goddamn hero.

If it was me I would stand and deliver, but you're in pretty sore shape so I wouldnt blame you if you decided to back off, so I'm not sure (as an observer) what to say.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CourValant posted:

Well sonofa . . . how did we go from a target rich environment to having nothing to shoot at?

Alright, swinging round North and taking pot shots at the Summoner then.
I would skip the jumping so that you have better to-hit numbers and generate less heat. If you get to a level 0 you will have LoS on the Epona, so you could back up or move forward like Gwaihir is saying.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CourValant posted:

I want to get as close to the Stone Rhino as possible before it clears the M4.

'Sag' is probably the best equipped 'mech to keep it honest, don't want all of us to be caught out in mid-field again once its guns can be brought to bear.

I figure if I'm stalking it, it would focus on me and not gun down the Battlemaster and 'Hata' when they finally make that last run to link-up.
That is good thinking but it will probably get a turn in the open regardless. If you, say, walk backwards to 1019 and fire downrange at the Summoner and/or Epona in 1425, let your heat get down, you could be in position to get in better position next turn while still contributing more this turn? I'm really not sure so feel free to ignore me - I am not trying to backseat drive you.

Also the Hata is pretty much untouched, isnt it? Send it towards the Stone Rhino first :v:

I would love to see the Battlemaster play LoS games with the Stone Rhino by going to 1622 and unloading on the back of the Epona this turn and the Sag heading north of the H17 (jump to 1119 facing 1218(torso twist to shoot at the Summoner or southern Epona or something))... That way one of you would be able to jockey for position for rear shots in a turn or two hahah

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 15, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CourValant posted:

‘Sag’ will jump to 1119, facing 1018, and fire the ER PPC and x1 LPL at the Summoner in 0326.
I'm curious why face 1018?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PoptartsNinja posted:

Bad luck with the dice does not mean you're playing badly.
Maybe I shouldnt sign up then, I have legendarily bad dice :v:

I need to read through the op and the information before I sign up though.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tank Boy Ken posted:

You should sign up. Bad luck makes for hilarious outcomes. At least for the crowd.
Very well. I will be the anti-Mukaikubo.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CourValant posted:

To protect the right torso from the Summoner in case it decides to shoot at me.

Facing 1018 means the Summoner will roll on the 'Left Side' table for hit location, if it comes to that.
Ahhh very nice

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

gently caress yeah the Mauler did it!

It's unfortunate that Hanse's cover got blown.... literally.
And I'm the one that suggested he go there.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Are the SRMs on Roughneck #3 a variety that only have a range of 3?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:supaburn: "Star Commander Drumf, they have a Jagermech!"
:smugdon: "Aff, we will beware of its anti-aircraft capabilities. I am surprised it survived a fight with our ground forces."
:supaburn: "Sir, the Jagermech is killing everyone, stay away!"

@PTN: Is it a typo that Roughneck 3 has SRM 6s with no medium or long range at 6 and 9 respectively, and thus only a short range of 3? Looks like it may be a typo?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 17, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mauler here, thinking of just holding in place and firing a relatively light salvo (to cool off) at the northern group of Donars while I still have the range edge. Sound good?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yakumo posted:

I didn't think the Mauler could trigger the secondary objective, the Donars and I think the retreating Epona have line of sight to the towers. If he can it may be worth it after all. Up to him.
I'll allow it. They can't see any `Mechs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PoptartsNinja posted:

No, see.

I'm implying I don't have any BattleMechs left.
Am I getting whooshed or did something happen to the Summoner and Stone Rhino abruptly?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RA Rx posted:

Sounds like one of the Roughnecks OHKOd the Stone Rhino!
Those Gauss Rifles sure are brittle....

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Defiance Industries posted:

TBH life on any planet with a USIIR of A-A-*-*-A is pretty loving sweet.
Who the what now?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CourValant posted:

Its the Battletech Universal Socio-Industrial Index Rating, or, how nice is your planet?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Universal_Socio-Industrial_Index_Rating

So, MY HOME PLANET New Kyoto is B-B-B-A-C, meaning its:

- Advanced world
- Moderately industrialized
- Mostly self-sufficient
- High Output
- Modest agriculture

A decent place to live, better than most, worst than some.
Oh wow, never saw that page in Sarna or a sourcebook, thank you.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cascade Jones posted:

Much like the Universal Planet Profile for Traveller. Super helpful for the RPG when figuring availability of items and for coming up with general descriptions of towns/cities/etc.
I just started playing some Traveller, I will have to check that out, too.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I really need to sign up to be a pilot. I would probably enjoy running flying that Spider around....

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PoptartsNinja posted:

Hm, what's the best way to show the scale of this monster I've created? Oh, I know!

I'll plop a DropShip next to it! :supaburn:

Each hex is 30 meters squared, and that building occupies 91 hexes. That is nearly 3 square kilometers of building.
Is it for 80s of the future anime conventions? Or would that not be big enough?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's not done-done, but the layout's finished.

The Spider is going to have a field day on this one. Is this larger than Konpei Island?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Xarbala posted:

, like how Actual Space Japan is actually in the LC and they all think the DC is a buncha weirdoes.
Wait, what?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Defiance Industries posted:

They were going to, then the writers created Rasalhague instead
Poor, poor Rasalhague. Took them how long to gain their independence and then they get wrecked.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

It looks like, according to the OP's third post, I sign up by posting? I have PMs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PoptartsNinja posted:

Potential Mechwarrior / Commander List
Returning Player Availability

New Players should sign up in the thread!
PTN, I do not see anything in the (massive) op about signing up other than this. Do you need my email address? I have PMs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mercenarynuker posted:

So real talk, tell me a little about my Mech, the Bandersnatch. It looks like a ranged critseeker, so I should probably let my lance open holes and then blow the enemy to hell afterwards? What's the difference between the Slug vs Cluster ammo for the LBX? And does the second LBX come with a toggle to switch between the two types of ammo as well?
Unless there are PTN custom rules, the Slugs are like an AC round and do 10 damage in one spot; the Cluster is like an anti-mech shotgun round, that fires ten 1 damage pellets, with a roll on the table to see how many pellets hit, then each pellet rolls to see which location it hits separately.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PoptartsNinja posted:

I've got you on the list now. I just can't add anyone while I'm at work.
Awesome, thanks!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I was about to post to ask if the Spider could go on some convoluted path I was going to put together, but that works too!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

goatface posted:

Doesn't that mean it'll see him as soon as he takes off?

I suppose it could just be walking off the top and burning on the descent.
The diagram you quoted is showing the Spider already jumping out of the hole it is in - from where it is in the graph it will not be going any further up.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jade Star posted:

Not yet... I'm sure in a few turns some mech'll be walking down the streets with its pants on its head firing wildly into the air.
I am impressed that this has not started already.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shalafi4 posted:

Kind of surprised nobody has posted this for the mission yet.

Nothing like some sneak sneak music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8QeaW-3iP4&t=732s
Best soundtrack in the world. Well, tied with the other two MW2 games' soundtracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

wiegieman posted:

Honestly, Pirate's Moon has always felt pretty stealthy to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-sZ1x0g7Qc. Then again, I'm the world's biggest Mech3 shill.
I remember playing some of Pirate's Moon and liking it, I think? Was that the one where you're working for like, the Rim Collective?

• Locked thread