Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I am excited for the flash tomorrow. I hope everyone else is too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Radio Paranoia posted:

Please don't tell me people cosplay their fantrolls...

They do, don't they? :negative:

I don't know if this is a fantroll or what, but I saw this one at the most recent Otakon and couldn't quite figure out who she was supposed to be.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

YF-23 posted:

Hivebent had a LOT of LONG logs, which was annoying as I archived binged it, since I got into the thing after the Scratch intermission started. Long logs aren't a problem when you are reading the daily updates, when you are doing that you just want as much Homestuck as you can get. But when reading the archives? :suicide:

I don't get this perspective at all. The logs are, like, the best part of the whole comic. When you're in the middle of a book you're really enjoying do you say UGH I'm only HALFWAY THROUGH what a loving SLOG through all of this ENJOYABLE AND FUN TEXT.

edit: I mean, the troll ancestor journals? All that Mindfang stuff? Holy poo poo, that was fantastic, it always shocked me when people complained about how much text there was.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

CidGregor posted:

Yes, but.....that would just be silly and factually incorrect, because every chatlog is one or the other. (or both!)

(Yes, I'm sure I'm probably exaggerating a bit, but really, the writing in this comic is incredible and I am pretty much never bored by it ever.)

Every pesterlog does own. I think we might be the same person after all.

I know this is a webcomic, but flashes aside, it's a webcomic primarily driven by lots and lots of words. I can't really imagine why someone who doesn't like lots and lots of words would be reading Homestuck.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Even In Death yay! I'm so glad some of my favorite tracks from Vol 8 are getting featured.

I really liked the imagery of all of the lands and planets and stuff bleeding into one another. gently caress if I know what it means, though.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Saradiart posted:

I think it also shows up in the drummed up mystery of the identity of characters. Why can't we see what UU looks like? What critical revelation is a character's appearance really going to have on the story?

This is a horrible example, as UU's identity may very well be a matter of extreme eventual importance, so showing who she is right away would ruin any sort of tension or surprise about related things.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I still haven't read PS and I've been following Homestuck since Hivebent.

Is it really worth it, at this point?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

DaveKap posted:

In any case, I can make an avatar out of pretty much anything in this thanks to the open source html5 docs the coder put up. If you have a request, let me know! Too much content here to just shotgun like I normally do.

Porrim Porrim please Porrim anything Porrim that would be excellent thank you in advance!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

DaveKap posted:

I noticed you already have a rather good Porrim avatar (and I'm incredibly bad at reading this thread) so I'll assume you don't need anything from me now.

Yeah, I did a bit of gun-jumping, sorry about that. :j:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

gently caress it, let's do this.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Kazy posted:

Excuse me, you hit the wrong one.

:colbert: (I'll start the bidding at $260! :v:) (Not really.)

Those were sold out before I could get there. :(

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Chic Trombone posted:

For you to not talk about it until it actually goes up as a live update, maybe?

Like, if you absolutely MUST talk about it, make an IRC channel or chat with friends you have who've played the beta. I don't think it's very fair to everyone else to be more or less excluded from the discussion.

This is the whiniest post I've ever seen.

Also, echoing all of the Cronus hate--I was laughing initially, but as things went on (and especially when he started talking to Mituna, it was just...ugh. It's a really weird feeling to go from all of the wonderfully likable characters in the first walkaround (Meenah, Porrim, Latula, even Kankri is amazing in his way) to...these guys.

Meulin's pretty cute, though, with the way she mimes GIFs.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Really, this latest flash is just continued evidence of Porrim's status as Best Troll.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Has there been any word about the donation bonuses from the Kickstarter? I know it mentioned wanting to make sure everything got here by Christmas, and, well, that date is sorta fast approaching.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

SNOOP CATTE posted:

I tried reading the wizardfic. I wanted it so badly.

I can't do it you guys :( It's just such a wall of text. It's why I stopped reading a while ago. Hussie was doing so much better with the panel/text ratios.

Maybe another time.

Yeah I too hate it when people write words that are funny and interesting.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The Mindfang journal was fantastic and I would gladly read ten times more of it.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

CidGregor posted:

as anyone familiar with the recent disastrous Pony Con in Vegas will tell you.

Why would anyone be familiar with this.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

frozentreasure posted:

Well, that's at least a little more comforting, but I find it odd that they've been taking so long for international items when they pushed out (I assume) almost all of the domestic rewards within a month or two.

Haha no they sure didn't.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

It's almost like this specibus horseshit is completely arbitrary and should be ignored in favor of things that are actually interesting.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Fucknag posted:

Hahahahaha so the tumblr outrage brigade is now flipping its collective poo poo over the face that ARquiussprite said that girls have boobs. Apparently this is a sign that Hussie is and I quote "a cissexist piece of poo poo". :allears:

I am the transiest of transgirls and that is pretty much the dumbest response ever, holy poo poo. The gently caress is wrong with you, tumblr, I mean drat that is some quality overreaction.

Also Arquius owns so hard forever. I want him to keep bothering people through the rest of the comic. :allears:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I would gladly read ten times more of the Mindfang journals. poo poo was fantastic.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I still think Homestuck is pretty great as it is.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

CJacobs posted:

I miss when the entire premise was "John is a doofy kid with a weird dad who is stuck in his home trying to retrieve his birthday present, while random shitlords on internet forums tell him to do dumb stuff and he listens."

Those days are so far behind us now :smith:

That was by far the most boring part of the comic, though. Inventory gags were never funny.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I still like Homestuck and I'm glad that there will be more soon.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Zoolooman posted:

I am actually looking forward to more Homestuck and authentically enjoyed it. I don't care if you hate me for it. Only fools can't love Karkat.

Same

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

paradoxGentleman posted:

How is that possible? The thread reaches the front page every time someone posts something, doesn't it?

How is it possible that you're this loving dumb

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I like funny jokes AND character drama. What now.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Wait, is there a password for this page that I SHOULD know? :confused:

edit: i am a literal idiot

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

How do people not love this, this is adorable

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

It's pretty great how people can't comprehend a bunch of very obvious images

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Dolash posted:

I don't recall if any trans issues were brought up by anyone.

Really hope they aren't at any point.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Vriska remains amazing and will never stop being amazing

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

paradoxGentleman posted:

I hope this isn't the case, because the meeting between those two is of monumental importance for both their characters and we just skimmed another such character defining event, the meteor trip with added Vriska, that as understandable as it is radically changed how the characters think and act.

Are you seriously this loving stupid or is this some next-level poo poo

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Nephthys posted:

Why are we even wasting time on this?

Yes because things that have seemed inconsequential have never ever turned out to actually be very important, that's never happened

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Tumblr is pointing out that the red quadrant Karkat has filled seems very likely to be Dave.

Boy, Tumblr sure is quick on the uptake

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I love the idea that someone would have slogged through all of the other self-indulgent horseshit in this comic, but no, this is what drives them over the edge to stop reading

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The Trickster stuff was insanely cool and served an important narrative purpose actually

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I like this comic even when there aren't any jokes in it.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

I just watched a neat flash where Terezi confronts Vriska. I'm not sure what's up with the disk being scratched and everything being all glitchy as a result, though; is that just a joke?

This was a really loving cool flash and probably one of my favorites overall; I thought the glitch effects were really well done and super well mirrored the relationship between Terezi and Vriska at that point and it had a really neat cliffhanger end

Plus the music is cool as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'm obviously exaggerating a bit, but it feels as if the overall tone has shifted significantly away from what it was in the first four or five acts.

I don't know if there's a "no poo poo" big enough for this situation