Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Apparently this is real,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dias posted:

It's real, but it's an ad - a fake front page. Pretty clever.

drat, that is a clever move though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Has Robinho even been that good lately?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

meat CRime posted:

Glad to see Coutinho finally get called up

:agreed:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Im surprised Zapata got called up to the Colombia squad, he hasn't played in months and is 4 or 5th choice behind some of the worlds worst defenders.

That Argentina squad though, phwoar.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

What on earth would the justification for this be? Some sort of protest?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Weaponized Cum posted:

That's not gonna happen...

This, the amount of money that the CONMEBOL nations must generate for the world cup has got to be second only to UEFA.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Polidoro posted:

Go Guaraná Antartica or smth idk

I love guaraná, op

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Drogadon posted:

Drones are in fashion right now, Palmeiras supporters flew one with Guarani's shirt to mock Corinthians

http://www.lancenet.com.br/minuto/Corinthians-Palmeiras-Drone-Guarani-PAR_0_1367263337.html

Lmao, that's great.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I read today that Corinthians' president told the press that he deeply regrets buying Pato and that he "prays day and night that we will sell him". loving lol if this is true.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Volkerball posted:

He only played one lovely year and he's just gotten loaned every season since then. Dude couldn't even make the world cup list at striker for Brazil. It was a really stupid transfer.

Milan should've sold him to PSG when they were offering 50 million or whatever. I can't believe how far he's fallen.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Polidoro posted:

Why should he care? The president said he prays someone buys him.

I have to agree here, he knows he's dead weight there and I wouldn't give a poo poo either.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I don't have much to say other than that being hosed up, but thank you for the informative post.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Calleri for Boca just scored by lobbing the ball over the keeper on a rabona, it was ridiculous.

E: here it is https://vine.co/v/erLvllzQ2LQ

Phwoar!!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

hecko posted:

Today is Friendship Day.

Lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Oh yeah today is the Super Cup day in Mexico (Well in Houston Texas USA since they can make more money there than in mexico) where there is two super cup games going on today. The one thats going on right now is the SuperCopa MX which is beween the two winners of the Clausura and Apertura Copa MX from last season which is Puebla and Morelia. It's a 0 - 0 game in the 28th min in somewhat empty stadium but it's a game one of a double header which the main event is the Campeón de Campeones which is beween the two winners of the Clausura and Apertura last Liga MX season which were Santos Laguna and Club América which starts 8:40pm Local time tonight. Am sure the stadium will be pack by then since Club América can draw alot of people as I found out 2 years ago when they played a friendly game with my club the Fire and the only section that had Fire fans was the supporter section and the rest of the park was painted yellow.

Anyway the new Liga MX season starts soon, right after the Gold Cup finishes if I recall right.

Do you have a list of transfers for Liga MX that might be interesting? I remember at least a few teams signing relatively big players from Europe.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Drogadon posted:

I heard that it would be jointly hosted by Argentina, Uruguay, Chile and Peru or something. If I was a betting man I would wager on "It's not happening at all".

lol if you think someone isn't going to jump on this pile of money to be had.

It's going to Qatar.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Apparently Rogerio Ceni just retired, with 1256 games, 131 goals and 1 team played for. Legend, and I doubt we'll see another keeper like him in our lifetimes.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Re: Mexican football

1. lmao America
2. Last night's final was great, I think I might make it a habit to watch their playoffs from now on.

It was crazy enough that they had highlights on American ESPN of all places this morning. Wild stuff.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Argentinian side Huracan's bus's brakes failed on the highway and the thing fell over while going to the airport in Caracas. One of their midfielders had to have 4 of his toes partially amputated:

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/105/main/2016/02/11/20218862/argentine-star-loses-part-of-toes-after-team-bus-crash

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

El Hefe posted:

though Colombian players have either turned to poo poo lately like James, gone to China like Jackson or gotten/stayed injured like Falcao so maybe it won't be that hard for USA.

All they need is one garbageman to put the ball within a few meters of Bacca, friend.

If Brazil doesn't win every game in that group then lol.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Fox Sports 2 are now narrating FIFA 16 matches live at least I just noticed this poo poo now.

loving lmao

of course it's done by Mexicans narrators who must want to kill themselves after they're done lol

Apparently Alexi Lalas was doing this in English in America. loving lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That was an ill pass from Suarez

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Dunga's final 23 list for the Copa America:

GK: Alisson (Internacional), Diego Alves (Valencia/ESP) y Ederson (Benfica).

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona/ESP), Fabinho (Monaco/FRA), Douglas Santos (Atlético Mineiro), Filipe Luis (Atlético de Madrid/ESP), Gil (Shandong Luneng/CHN), Marquinhos (Paris Saint Germain/FRA) y Miranda (Inter de Milán/ITA).

Midfielders: Rodrigo Caio (Sao Paulo), Casemiro (Real Madrid), Elias (Corinthians), Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg/ALE), Rafinha Alcántara (Barcelona/ESP), Lucas Lima (Santos), Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool/ING), Renato Augusto (Beijing Guoan/CHN), Willian (Chelsea/ING) y Douglas Costa (Bayern de Múnich/ALE).

Forwards: Gabriel (Santos), Hulk (Zenit/RUS) y Ricardo Oliveira (Santos).

I didn't think Brazil could get any worse than during the WC but they did.

That isn't a full strength side obviously without Neymar, Thiago Silva, Marcelo, Oscar, etc. I doubt Argentina puts out their best either. That has to be a record for number of Brazil players in a tournament playing their club football in loving China though.

I guess this partially has to do with the Olympics.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Douglas Costa got injured so Dunga called his replacement, it's Kaka!!!!

lmfao

you can't make this poo poo up

Kaka owns shut up.

But the ghosts of Brazil past are rolling in their graves now that MLS players are being called up to the Brazil national team.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Aren't there like 3 Chinese league players in the squad?

Yeah this is worse probably.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Polidoro posted:

We're losing against loving Trinidad & Tobago.

CONCACAF supremacy

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sweden looked really bad defensively, Brazil was just having fun out there. Christiane's first goal was almost a Zlatan if it didn't deflect. Still good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dias posted:

Yeah, them seemed lost in the pitch, and between Cristiane and Marta Brazil just hosed with them, it was like watching our 2004-ish men's team. I miss Brazil being good at soccer, man. Also Gabriel Jesus missed a ridiculous goal against South Africa, holy poo poo. Iraq should be an easy match IN THEORY, tho, so that tie might not matter too much.

Yeah the men's team in comparison looked like poo poo from what I saw from them, especially given the talent that they have. That Gabigol miss was great for social media in Italy though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Polidoro posted:

he doesnt look very excited tbh

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

So does Argentina not call up Icardi because he's a oval office or because their manager is incredibly stupid?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That is insanely hosed, horrible news.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Several Brazilian Serie A clubs have asked to protect Chapecoense from relegation for the next 3 seasons

They've also asked to have them be able to have all their loan players for free while they rebuild. Hopefully this keeps them from going bankrupt at the very least.

Palmeiras has also asked to wear Chapecoense's kit for the last game of the season (which they just won...by beating Chapacoense last week).

Torino tweeted this earlier, having gone through this very situation almost a century ago:

https://twitter.com/TorinoFC_1906/status/803559542281871360

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

El sal, Panama and Honduras were all ok at one time. I think Panama has a decent team now.

The Ticos are definitely a level or two above though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Oh yeah there's been talk about bringing back the superliga which for those who don't remember was the closest we had to a Copa Sudamericaca/Europa League like competition. I think the MLS won one time but it was mainly another thing for Liga MX to win and gave us alot of MLS vs Liga MX games which one sided as one expected. My Fire mde it to the 09 finals but lost to Tigres in a shootout, I always liked it since it was a nice bonus competition to watch.

New England won it once against Morelia and it remains one of like 2 trophies the team has ever won. I remember it being a fun game anyway. Ended on PK's.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Because you can make a shitload of money owning the rights to young players?

Also probably sell the next big thing to City for peanuts to avoid FFP

Plus easy to manipulate foreigner/domestic player squad requirements when you own teams all over the world.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lol, now that I don't have to deal with Felipe Melo any more he is much more entertaining.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That's a good rear end save

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Polidoro posted:

"Se les cayo el avion y no quedo uno" is a term of endearment here.

Lol

That's some real scumbag poo poo though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I just saw highlights of Tigres - America and the two goal scorers were Gignac and Menez. Weird times. I didn't even realize Menez had signed with America.

Honda has been scoring a few crackers as well. Menez owns, he was an unstable oval office but he was incredible when he was on.