Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That puppy is godawfully adorable, but like I said man. That dog is gonna destroy your house. The cute ones always do.

Speaking of cute puppies, how's yours doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Ideal breed and pack size - a greyhound, a miniature poodle and a sphinx named Jaybird. I've liked the greyhounds that I've met and my favorite cousin is a 14 year old miniature poodle.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Our cat was named after a Disney princess. To be fair, I was in second grade and my sister was in first grade and we had just seen Aladdin.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Bash Ironfist posted:

Feldman is named after Marty Feldman. Because they have similar eyes. :downs:

Although no one seems to know who Marty Feldman is.

:v: Whats your dogs name?

:c00lbert: He's Feldman.

:v: Feldman?

:c00lbert: You know, like Marty Feldman.

:butt: Who?

:emo: You know, he played Igor in Young Frankenstein

:butt: Never heard of that.

:suicide: oh.
Love that movie (and the broadway show). You need to train him to bark when he hears Frau Blucher.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Apparently Balen playing with Ires and Kaydee involves him screaming in the girliest voice possible and flailing his head around while they try to kiss him and his tail beats things off the coffee table.

I don't believe you.:colbert: Where is the photographic proof? (How big do you expect Ires to get?)

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Bash Ironfist posted:

Strange things dogs eat, you say? Feldman will eat anything he can.
:tipshat: my dog is a weirdo.

It should be illegal to bring Feldman into any Strange-poo poo-my-dog-will-eat contest. Does he still have giardia (or whatever the parasite du jour is)?

On that subject: Ellie managed to eat a bar and a half of this.

Ended up calling the vet at home; sat up with her until 2 am. If I'm going to clean up vomit at 1 am, it should at least smell like chocolate.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Bash Ironfist posted:

As far as I know, yeah. Last vet visit the vet said it was 'minimal' as in, just a few cysts left. She said it was something some pumpkin can take care of, so who even knows right now.

Also I forgot to add dust bunnies. You know, those little balls of dust? If we don't vacuum for a few days, he'll eat them. My dog is a winner. :tipshat:

Also, sorry to hear about that :( I hope Ellie is doing okay?

Yeah, Ellie's fine. Happened last summer, while her owners were in Italy and Israel. She no longer stays at our house though; I stay at hers.

What won't Feldman eat? Crayons? Paste? (not that I'm advocating offering him art supplies).

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

We represent the Lollypop Guild!

The Lollypop Guild!

The Lollypop Guild!

Spent the past week cat-sitting for my dentist. There were theoretically three cats, but the only one that I saw was Daphne the Munchkin.

And in further pet nonsense, this is currently in our garage.

My father and I found her wandering the parking lot of the lake/wetland/reservoir area where we go walking. I'll be taking her to the Humane Society tomorrow - my parents don't want her and I can't keep her, as I'm starting grad school this fall. She's a lap kitty :3:.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Skizzles posted:

Need more pics of munchkin cat. :catstare:

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

I'm really interested in the coloration on those two, that subtly mottled effect. Is it basically a tortoiseshell siamese combo?

According to the note left by her owner, Daphne is "mink colored", which is apparently a variation of siamese.

Cat Color Genetics posted:

Another set of mutations of color has been introduced with the Siamese and Burmese cats from Asia. The Burmese carries the gene for Sepia color (cb) and the Siamese carries the gene for Pointed color (cs). These are alleles at the albino (C) locus; when they are combined (cb/cs), as in the Tonkinese, "mink" colors are produced.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

It took two trips to the shelter and a stop at the township office to get a voucher, but stray kitty is now safely ensconced at the Human Society. Now I just have to decide if I'm brave enough to call in this evening for an update.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Tamarillo posted:

lovely cellphone pic but...:sigh: lesson learned...bread must be put away, not left on the bench.

My sister keeps her bread in the fridge because Jackson will eat it. drat cat also likes peanut butter cups, cake and iPhone chargers.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

Crap, they took away that sweet sweet pet island/parenting crossover action. So now I have to crosspost this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvKLA172PO8

Requesting a match race between the baby and the cat.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

2tomorrow posted:

My 14 year old heeler is that way, except he doesn't really bark and he's too polite to do much. He thinks that 10 PM is bedtime and if I am not at least reading in bed by that time he starts trying to get me there. First he'll come and stare at me until I look at him, then he'll look at the bedroom, then back to me. That happens a few times. If I get up to, say, get a glass of water he'll use his body to kind of push me in the direction of the bedroom, just getting in my way and leaning on me but it's obvious what he's doing. If all this fails he'll go lay in the corner and start heaving these really big sighs every so often to let me know he's frustrated (he does this whenever he's unhappy about something, like if I kick him off the bed or if my housemate takes her dog for a walk and we don't go with them). If I so much as look at him he'll jump up and recommence the staring at me, then at the bedroom routine. If I stay up really late he'll eventually just go to the bedroom by himself, and he grumbles to himself as he goes. It is adorable.

My cousin's 14 year old mini poodle does the same "stare-at-you, sigh heavily and stamp feet" routine. Maybe its an older dog thing?

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

"Please can I eat the puppy? Please? Just a little nibble?"

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Rixatrix posted:

I still don't have very good pictures of the puppy, but here's a bit of video of the little one playing with Riiseli's Naru. Pi makes a brief appearance, since he was confused about the whole situation and didn't quite know what to do about it. Naru is wonderful with puppies, really patient and caring, but she will also teach puppies basic manners in an efficient way. I'm thinking of borrowing her from Riiseli to make my job easier, because she'll enforce house rules very efficiently (no barking inside, nights are for sleeping etc.)
http://youtu.be/gslBbbdxf8g

I want to hug Naru. Please send her to the US.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Kiri koli posted:

But really, she can quit peanut butter anytime she wants, guys.

Psyche and I should form a support group. We can call it "gently caress the kids with peanut allergies".

Have a dramatically lit poodle.

and a JRT bumper sticker

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Dogdoo 8 posted:

They have wallabies but not wombats? If I was going to get a fantasy pet that I had no capability of taking care of, it'd be a wombat for sure. (I do not and would never want a pet wombat.)

edit: okay I just looked them up and they're like twice the size I thought they were and are somehow less practical of a pet than a loving porcupine.

No cassowarys? drat. I hear they're great in apartments.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Ugh, god, why do I have to find ads like that on craigslist? I wanna go get that poor mutt, get it all cleaned up and find it the nicest home ever. :(

You mean, with you? What is that - a 'doodle' in desperate need of a haircut? A sentient mop?

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Scary Ned posted:

My raptor-owning friend feeds her birds guinea pigs. There is apparently an avid cavy-showing community in the area that cheerfully give her their culls and retired show-pigs. She lives in a suburban community, and nobody seems to notice or care that she is slaughtering crates full of guinea pigs and sticking them in her freezer.

What kind of raptors does she have? What does she do with them? Can you get pictures?

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Scary Ned posted:

Fozzie the black-crowned night heron is not a raptor and does not eat guinea pigs, but does hope somebody has brought him fish.

Is he a juvenile? He's adorable :3: and if I had a fish, I'd totally give it to him.
In lieu of a fish, please accept a photo of an adult black-crowned night heron.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

6-Ethyl Bearcat posted:

This seems pretty fair.

Meet my mice.

Sorry for the horrible photos. Darn critters move too fast.

I'm open to naming suggestions. They're girls. :)

Tanya Mousekewitz, after Feivel's sister.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Invalid Octopus posted:

Moses thinks he is alpha, that is why he wants to eat other dogs. Also because he is being starved.

He wasn't alpha-rolled enough as a child. Breeding him to your neighbor's fat labradoodle and letting him help raise the pups would totally fix this.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Abbeh posted:

Your grandpa was a wise man. I don't think we'll be plugging this in often, if at all.

Re-gift it to somebody you dislike.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Instant Jellyfish posted:

My family has been at war with some cousins with more and more terrible gifts. It started with an ant farm from them (don't give pets as gifts, even ants!) and has escalated to us giving them a dog cookie jar that randomly barks super loud if you jostle it the slightest bit. They don't even have a dog.

I'm going to have to look for one of those ornaments.

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Filigree-Chirping-Christmas-Ornament/dp/B005OKCR2A

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Abbeh posted:

Hah, time to buy a ton of them and decorate my sister's house when she's out.

In other news, Zoso rolled in something stinky and got a bath but he still reeks. It smells like anal gland fluid :smith: anyone have a good way of cleaning that? It's also all over his collar and the sweater he was wearing - the NEW sweater he was wearing...

I even have a series of pictures of Zoso getting his stank on (plus new sweater):

:smugdog:

To be honest, that sweater reminds me of Mr. Yuck, which means that quite naturally, it was meant to be rolled in stanky things.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

E: Yeah, video: http://youtu.be/4NeWyxzZ2M4 Ires is dumb. Balen's stiff at the beginning, but the video was all recorded in the same 10 minutes or so.

I love that they match. :3: At about 1:00 in, Ires, I think, runs underneath Balen. So :3:

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Topoisomerase posted:

I'm pretty sure that horses are more hellbent on killing themselves than anyone else...

"Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid."

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

notsoape posted:

(I asked this dude if his sheep were Shetland sheep and they totally were :smug: yeah it's me I'm the sheep nerd.

Please tell me that Shetland sheep, like the sheepdogs and ponies are short, stubby and hairy. On second thought, is everything from Shetland short, stubby and hairy?

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

She looks so happy! :3:

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Sorry about Husker. :smith:

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Captain Foxy posted:

I'm special as gently caress. :smuggo:

But do you have nazi pugamutes? And can I get one on rush delivery? Chanukah ends in two days.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Didn't know whether to post this here or in dog sports. But - lure coursing with cheetahs, at a race track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0sstxte-QY

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Captain Foxy posted:

This is why a pomeranian is useful.

-Got a cold/feel sick/wishing for death? Okay cool let's sleep and I will quietly hold my bladder for impossible lengths
-Got a hangover? Okay cool let's sleep and I will suddenly decide not to bark at everything for once
-Being a mopey butt? Okay cool let's sleep and I will constantly show you how cute my belly is
-Wanna go out and do something? gently caress YEAH MAN LET'S GO BALLS OUT
-Wanna do some training? gently caress YEAH MAN LET'S GET ALL THE TREATS
-Wanna travel? gently caress YEAH MAN LET'S SEE SOME poo poo
-Wanna spend all day climbing a mountain? gently caress YEAH MAN I LOVE TO PEE ON GIANT THINGS
-Wanna chase these other dogs/chickens/cat/rabbits/kill a thing? gently caress YEAH MAN I AM DEATH DESTROYER OF WORLDS

-Just feel like eating microwave food and browsing interwebs? Okay cool let's sleep

One time, Ellie's owners forgot to call me before they left, so Ellie ended up being left alone for 27 hours. And held it the entire time.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

No. :colbert:

This is Zee. He is not going to be mine. He is going to find his owners or find a nice, new home because drat it, no.

Isn't that what you said the last two times? Regardless, I hope he feels better soon, poor baby.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

TVs Ian posted:

And his is Harlow

And Nori will be ten months old on the 23rd :toot:

Harlow looks almost like Nori!

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

RazorBunny posted:

Every single one of you should go look at Sam Has Eyebrows right now.

Holy poo poo! He looks so surprised!

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Dr. Squiggy Fluffybutt, reporting for duty!

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

InEscape posted:

Guys.

Guys.

Sarabi fell asleep with her eyes open.

I will never feel safe again. I have never been this creeped out.

Send her to me, I'm not scared! (and I want to snuggle her). Any updates on the kittens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Instant Jellyfish posted:

I remember him from watching Westminster last year! How could anyone forget this gorgeous specimen of dogdom.

His grandfathers are brothers and his grandmothers are half sisters so you know he's going to be the peak of genetic health. Don't bother looking him up on OFFA, he's way too obviously healthy for any bullshit testing. He can even move sometimes!

Still less in-bred than King Charles II of Spain. :colbert: (And possibly more intelligent/functional)

• Locked thread