Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

idk, the idea of worf having to hit up internet strangers for money because he doesn't have 28k seems kinda sadder. the man spent like 10 years on two tv shows and then went on to be in 4 movies

Danny DeVito posted:

I love money more than the things it can buy... but what I love more than money is other people's money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

my guess would be a cease and desist order.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
i generally try to NOT get fingerprints all over my mirror so i dont think im the target demographic

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

hubris.height posted:

do you wish that the real world had instagram filters like all the photos on your favorite websites? well now you can have it!

this reminds me of the old 'hd glasses' you would see on late night infomercials except people are apparently buying them

only glasses you'll ever need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Png-PC0ews

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

JawnV6 posted:

at once technically correct and entirely useless answer to the stated question

the fishmech is strong in this one

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

prefect posted:

:stare: i have a hat similar to that. (i only wear it when i go golfing) and similar glasses :negative:

wear a ballcap like a normal person you loving clown, burn that atrocity

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

BooLoo posted:

the saddest hot dog.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sniep posted:

i have brats that have been hanging out in a ziplock full of beer for a couple days that i need to grill up and eat w/ grilled onions and spicy brown mustard

brat cooking pro-tips (only for raw brats):

pour a couple of bottles of beer into a pot, slice up some onions and throw 'em in there, bring to a boil and throw the brats in to pre-cook them. Take out the brats and grill 'em up, save the beer-onions for topping.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

it's basketball you nerds, jfc

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Daman posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/schuyler/lockpicks-by-open-locksport/posts/903690

well, instead of lockpicks, I guess pages worth of e/n bullshit is a good product.

what.the.gently caress.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Fabricated posted:

"every day I constantly visualize my own death"

wtf wheres my lockpicks you human being

much to my surprise only the first comment is sorta like that ("who do I send my updated address to so when it ships it goes to the right place")

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

wheelchairs for shoes

what will they think of next

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
things I want in a router
configure it, shove it in a closet and forget it exists

things I don't want in a router
all that poo poo

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I've got an AEBS and yeah, it's an Apple device so it actually looks nice so if you were to put it somewhere visible it would look ok.

That being said, I haven't set eyes upon the thing in months it's just shoved away somewhere out of sight.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MeramJert posted:

excuse me, can anyone explain why you'd even want a battery in a router, or why you'd want to wirelessly charge it? i thought the "wireless" in "wireless router" meant it gave you a wi-fi network

thanks in advance

let me tell you a story about the internet of things

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
i just happen to have a leaked design document for this thing

✓ Facebook - this router just downloaded something amazing, what it is will blow your mind!
✓ Twitter - tweets your u/d ratio!
✓ Instagram - takes pictures and posts on your behalf
✓ No batteries, wireless means wireless!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

theadder posted:

does it have an android virus yet

all android devices do

it's called android

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

When I have pressy inserted and make/receive a call, the proximity sensor no longer turns off the screen. Is there a way to restore standard behavior where the screen turns off on proximity?

shocking

i am shocked

just shocked

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

imagine sand being rubbed in my eyes, forever

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

quote:

Studying communication taught me a lot about how the mind works.

and yet the whole description is a disjointed mess

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

penus de milo posted:

i think it's really perverse to be coming up with unobtrusive protective equipment that you can wear at all times to reduce injuries, it kind of implies that getting hit by a car is an inevitable and expected part of cycling

no, it implies that you are doing an activity that when poo poo happens you're not surrounded by 4 tons of protective roll cage and air bags.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I live in biker's utopia

Tons of commuter paths
Whole streets downtown designated bike boulevards

I laugh when I ride downtown to do something and it's harder to find an open spot to lock up my bike than finding a spot to park a car.

This place would be great if it wasn't for the 7 months of poo poo weather.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Bloody posted:

where is it

Madison

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the people i hate most in the world are cyclists who ride on the sidewalk. you are a vehicle, get off the sidewalk.

people who suck:
bikers on sidewalks
runners on roads when there is a sidewalk
peds/runners/bikers w/headphones on so loud they don't hear me when I call out the side I'm passing on
people w/strollers 2 wide taking up the whole path

it's not a car that's going to get me injured/killed, it's going to be one of the above

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

jit's talking about road runners

yeah

at the very least if you're gonna run in the road run against traffic so you see what the gently caress is coming at you.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

quote:

Bike Lift&Carry allows you to easily lift and comfortably carry your bicycle or e-bike as if it was a shoulder bag.

shoulder bags don't have pedals to whack you in the shins you fucks

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Ruby got Railed posted:

good job you just invented training wheels

:thejoke:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

but let's be real, coming from a neuroscientist and traumatic brain injury recipient, make your children wear loving helmets

and don't be one of those dunces that makes their kids wear a helmet and then goes riding with them without wearing a helmet yourself.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

THC posted:

the lead dev at my last job used to be all "I dont need to wear a helmet I grew up climbing trees and I know to cover my head with my arms if I ever fall off my bike"

I only put a token effort into convincing her otherwise because I would have liked to take over her job

lol

i endo'd once mountain biking and that poo poo happened so fast one second i was riding and next i knew I was sliding 20 feet on the ground on my face

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

anthonypants posted:

a kickstarter for a knife

but it actually looks pretty good?

that's actually a legit good idea

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

~Coxy posted:

just use margarine like a normal person

get out you loving filth

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Ruby got Railed posted:

wonder if you can still get "real" boozy bitch drinks in WI or if everything is now fortified malt beverages

huh? what're you talking about, we're all raging alcoholics here

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

wisconsin seems to be pretty good at drinking and cheese and those are both things i can get behind

we are pros at both

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

'cheese curds own' is something i take peoples word for because i've had many cheese curds from places that are not wisconsin and none of them have owned

a sad state of affairs imo

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

hubris.height posted:

i loving love cheese curds. if you want to go full wi get them deep friend with new glarus beer and a burger slathered in butter

don't forget the fried egg to top the burger with

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

hahahahahaha

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

I buy faygo club soda cause it's cheap as poo poo and gently caress paying what Seagrams costs for carbonated water

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
linden labs = hitler

makes you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Vicas posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/HFnjW

sort of tangential to kickstarters but gamers literally cannot stop throwing money at a game that will never come out oh my god

the only pussy that dude is ever gonna get

• Locked thread