Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

God, I heard of these before. I remember one were they end up fighting skinheads during WW2.
hey, Huckabee made a cameo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnxBK4M3vuA

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Von Sloneker posted:

Per Chris Hayes the other night, Dana Perino recently traveled to Congo as part of a program called Mercy Ships, which offers all kinds of medical help and treatment to West Africa. She tweeted throughout her journey, one of which showed this:

So that could be an option, Dana, you disingenuous twit.

-edited in quote for new page

As someone who has spent alot of time in the hospitals over 20 years, All of the hospitals i have been too us that. its an easy way for doctors to judge how much pain you are in fast, works well with kids.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shbobdb posted:

Do you have a video clip or audio file?

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/03/05/sean-hannity-mocks-obama-for-wearing-bicycle-he/198358
here you go.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea there's been a massive shift, exactly in line with the shift of the public to support our rights, of rightwingers doubling down on the ~gay mafia~ poo poo. They know they lost, and history will treat them just as foul as they deserve, they have nothing left but to desperately play victim in zero hour. It honestly makes me happy because I know we're basically getting near the victory lap at this stage.

yeah, I have been seeing that alot of late. a big thing i have seen,at least according to Right Wing Watch, is the right wing acting like gays will turn into the Nazis. Hell, some are going the Scott Lively route and saying The Nazis were evil super gays who killed everyone for gay supremacy or something.
The other thing i noticed are alot of the social right are just straight up supporting Putin, Assad,or anyone who is fighting the gays or Muslims. stuff like that makes me wonder how far they dig.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I am pretty sure this hasn't been posted yet, but holy poo poo. Michelle Malkin used her latest column to attack a woman who just died of cancer. The fact that she was President Obama’s aunt apparently made that okay.
http://news.yahoo.com/legacy-obamas-illegal-alien-aunt-070000221.html

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

radical meme posted:

This article in Glenn Beck's rag sheet The Blaze is amazing for its pretty much even handed treatment of some startling facts about the Nevada almost range war this weekend. Some organizers of the militia showdown were going to ask the women folk to be the first to get shot, if the shooting started; dead women on international news would look the best for their purposes.

Women's rights right there ya'll.

It's probably because Beck has been trying to "distance" himself from the whole nevada mess. http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/i-want-nothing-do-you-beck-tells-those-threatening-violence-anti-government-standoff

I have two theories on why. first is that Beck knows if poo poo the fan and if magic CW2 happened. He would be dead man, or if lucky imprison for life for helping fan the flames it. The 2nd is the more obvious one. He is Conman, and he doesn't want ruin his gig of being the new conservative "messiah". Both are dumb, but I find them amusing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Same interview:

They also poured lighter fluid around the local CBS affiliates van and have blocked off public roads. Reports from the town mentioned them threatening to drag hotel employees out in the streets and shoot them if they didn't force people the militia thought were BLM to leave. As much as everyone likes to pretend that it's a bunch of freepers and that they won't harm nuffin' the freepers have left, in part because they were scared of the majority who stayed.

8 News Now

8 News Now

A dark part me wants them to just start trying to round people up or try to take over a neighboring small town. I mean gently caress they are almost executing people now. where are the cops?

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 5, 2014

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Spacedad posted:

You didn't post the best one.

At least he says its satirical, but that's putting it really lightly - the entire game takes the piss out of Ayn Rand.

I think that image is a good fit for internet libertarians who post lengthy droning preachy replies to reddit, random newspaper article sites, youtube, forums, facebook, etc.

wow, just wow. How the gently caress do you take that away from Bioshock. What i find funny is all the entire list is bullshit. then again, objectivists were never that intuitive.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

My bad, I take it back.

"And I must admit, I'm not convinced that the unemployed son spending 17 hours in the basement of his mother's house working on his Doom 3 is making a grand contribution."

Well the corruption and oppressiveness of the LAPD could be seen as making a Libertarian point.

Fable III is hilarious though since you have to raise taxes which makes everyone hate you in order to fight a creeping world-ending threat. Basically people are too dumb to know enough to pay taxes even when their entire existence depends on it.

My mind is still blown over the bioshock one. Its literaly "andrew ryan did nothing wrong". The line that really hits me is "looters are treated as scum" line. how the gently caress do you miss the point that much.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/dave-daubenmire-will-bury-racismat-gettysburg-regrets-union-won-civil-war
I think my brain just imploded.
how popular on the right are people like Daubenmire, kevin swanson, david barton and klayman and all the rest that right wing watch reports on i know they arnt Limbaugh level, do they have any pull at all?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

I thought the weapons factory fortress was a three percenter thing and Beckistan was Celebration Florida for the tea party.

Beckistan was basically going to be the ultra Americana and Christianity of Columbia from bioshock infinite and the objectivism of galts gultch mixed together in a city/theme park/ tourist trap. so basically it would be a burning shithole in less then hour.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...blow-your-mind/

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 24, 2014

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://gamepolitics.com/2014/05/30/glen-beck-criticizes-watch-dogs#.U4jeufldV-M
Glenn Beck thinks that video games cause evil poo poo, and watch-dogs teaches you to hack.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lycus posted:

"Why must everyone be an anti-hero? Why must everyone break the law? Why can't we have a Superman? Why can't we have somebody who is doing the right thing, does the hard thing? Instead, everybody is an anti-hero," Beck said.

We do have a Superman. His name is Superman. Why shouldn't we have a lots of different protagonists with lots of different traits and motivations? Should every video game and action movie star Superman?

Because it breaks the "gee golly, Leave to Beaver" world Beck wants to create for his audience.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dirk Pitt posted:

My lucky day. Got to hear Hannity's monologue as well!

Same stuff as Rush's stand-in (endangering all Americans, ARE TROOP is a coward) but there was one moment were I almost drove off the road over what he said. The line was in defense of Israel doing prisoner exchanges and he said something to the effect of:

"Israel gets a pass because they have shown the Palestinians consistency and an unwillingness to tolerate terror. Obama has been weak and unwilling to deal with terror, he hasn't done a drone strike in Pakistan since December"

My brain hurts.

And their lies my on of my problems with the GOP, they want america to be the loving galactic empire, they want making loving "examples" every 10 minute so other countries dont get uppity. hell, most of them are cool with torture and executions already.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/oliver-north-yes-oliver-north-accuses-obama-financing-terrorist-organization-bergdahl-releas
I am sorry, I cant do it, I hate the right wing in this country, I honest to god hate them. I use hyperbole as much as the next goon, But i honestly hate the GOP and the right wing right now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2014/06/03/3444491/allen-west-bergdahl-white-house-mosque/
apparently Allen "ronin" west thinks that speaking Arabic causes binding rituals.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 4, 2014

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Noted FARC financier, Tehran arming, Accused of High Treason Ollie North!

it was the contras actually.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/beck-we-are-now-radicals-we-are-now-revolutionaries
And they wonder where the millers got the idea from.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SedanChair posted:

I assure you, glen beck is obsessed with blurting out "fag the new friend of the family" and printing it on posters because he's very troubled by racism and homophobia. And certainly not because his listeners love to hear him say the words "fag" and "friend of the family" while turning the progressives' own "tolerance" and "book learning" against them.

I'm of course looking forward to smug, malevolent white men leering out "fag the new friend of the family" then saying "what? It's terrible to call people FAG. It's the new friend of the family."

:psyduck:

all those posters this clown rear end makes are terrible. but is the intent of the piece supposed to be saying that fag is just as bad as the n word, or is it just beck crying about how i cant be a bigot.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Back in his chalkboard days he was pretty good at recalling old poo poo he talked about, finding connections to new poo poo, and declaring it a grand conspiracy. It's not so much his style anymore but yeah I suspect him and his research crew would've noticed a website he's damned as a CIA front group before being the originator of his new spiritual boogeyman who's taking peoples souls. There's no way to tell but they've connected and recalled plenty of poo poo with more tenuous links to each other.

true, but now he is playing the fatherly psudo-intellectual/prophet. so my guess is if he does bring SA up he will just cry about how sinful it is.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/11/louie-gohmert-tells-congress-the-good-news-that-non-christians-are-going-to-hell/
wow, this is pretty messed up even for gohmert.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Thank god we're spending money having Louie Gohmert angrily educate pastors on how to get to heaven.

yeah, i like that the pastor gives a well thought out answer and gohmert just gurgles out a response about how he isnt a real christian.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/fischer-obama-happy-return-taliban-fighters-battle-field-because-they-share-same-objective
ok, does ficher actually believe the poo poo he says. what i am saying, i know he does, i mean he said the native Americans deserved to be killed because they were pagans.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The interesting thing is that the whole exchange is like a ratcheted up microcosm tea party/extremist outbreak on Freep.

- Freep establishment spends all day flirting with violent, racist bullshit for funsies with neat codewords and in-jokes.
- Laz finally says "hey gently caress it why pretend anymore just to be PC and appease LIBERALS. I say we go all in and be proud of our unspoken desire to put people in NAZI GAS CHAMBERS. By the way if you found anything ambiguous about this, here is a Zyklon B gas poster. Got it?"
- Freep establishment says "whoa there, you've crossed the line. I mean, obviously your intentions are good but this is bad PR! No one actually SAYS they want people in Nazi gas chambers, except liberals I guess..."
- Laz says "You aren't dedicated to the cause unless you're going as hard as me! I'm quite explicitly saying we SHOULD BE EVIL. We need to be this pure and forceful to win!"
- Freep establishment decides Laz's passion for the cause is enough to keep him around, to ignore the problem and pretend it never happened, doesn't ban him. Laz gets tacit approval for loving NAZI GAS CHAMBERS and continues the good lords work.

and thats what scares me. When people like Laz start running for elections in deep red areas and winning.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/glenn-beck-has-explanation-any-outcome-iraq

I like that beck isnt even pretending anymore, no matter how it ends, obama is satan and glenn beck is the prophet of god.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/allen-west-claims-obama-creating-saudi-iranian-islamic-caliphate-blames-his-eastern-orientat
West makes my brain hurt. also is it bad that he remindes me of Uncle Rukus from the boondocks

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OAquinas posted:

Wow.
Not sure if that took massive balls or just being a massive fuckwad.

he's a fuckwad. none of these scum fucks actually care about stevens,vilerat or any of the others who died. its all about redmeat to the base and pretend Patriotism to them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Spacedad posted:

So Palin threatens to leave the GOP unless they impeach Obama for not sending desperate immigrant children fleeing dangerous situations in their home countries all to mexico. Or something? I don't know. I'm very confused. :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edzvXasiWCs

So she's also crying crocodile tears bashing Obama for the suffering children while threatening to make them suffer more by deporting them. Not sure if that also means putting children who aren't even from mexico into mexico, but I guess it's all brown to her racist goggle-eyes.

I don't even know, really. She apparently wrote a kind of facebook manifesto about it all too - a manifesto that I'm having a real hard time making sense of.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/06/13/sarah-palin-threatens-leave-gop-obama-flies-abandoned-kids-mexico.html

I think she's trying to string about six different ideas together and connect them with xenophobia, RINO-ish party-riling, and Obama attacks, cemented with some a bloo bloo crocodile tears for children she doesn't give a poo poo about. It's like she literally took the bullet point list of topics she's supposed to repeat endlessly as recommended to her by a Republican strategist, and then failingly tried to cram them all in a meat grinder.

i just read her screed and did she really just take issues with staying on your parents insurance til 26, because i and alot of others would have been hosed with out that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

I just read that Mark Mayfield is dead, and while reading the article it mentioned that he was in trouble over trying to use photos of a guys bedridden wife in a nursing home as ammo for an attack ad.

How was this going to work, Right Wing Media thread?

after reading the article. i have say good riddance, he sounded like a pretty lovely human being.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/neil-cavuto-michele-bachmann-obama-lawsuit-108316.html

Anyone see this?

For once I actually can side with Cavuto on something.

I think Bachmann is legit nuts.

I also wonder how long it's going to take until the "Free market/Business" conservatives eventually divorce themselves from the Tea Party-types. I can already see that division is already beginning to happen honestly.

Holy poo poo,the splintering of the GOP-Tea Party relationship is accelerating. maybe we will have a hosed up third party by the time 2016 hits.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 27, 2014

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Someone else pointed it out earlier but for some reason FOX News is taking the hard right to task pretty heavily lately. Not sure why but it makes me nervous because I know there's an ulterior motive lurking in there somewhere.

I think its probably because the GOP is slowly relizing that they will die if they stay attached to the tea party/Social conservatives. Now, it all comes down to this years elections and of course 2016.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

On the topic of Christian right wing nutters.
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2014/apr/17/christ-and-self-defense-police-officer-lays-out-bi/

Basically, he saw the new Rambo, Got hard, then wrote a book saying that shooting people in the name of Christ is awesome.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

fade5 posted:

It's always interesting to reverse search cropped or photoshopped images to find their origin. My Google-fu finds that it's this image:

Which was posted on Flickr back on August 28th, 2009 with the title "ms-13-mexican-gang-los-angeles".

Please note the "Los Angeles" part, because that didn't stop the photo from being used in a scare article this month about Mexican gang members possibly coming into this country. Protip: You guys missed the boat, they've been here for at least four years now you fuckheads (and that's assuming they're not citizens, but it's not like the right cares about that distinction).

Also those guys are not the children crossing the border, but you can't fearmonger very well if you use an actual picture like this:

Side note: If you can frame this issue in a Republican mindset, it is possible to change someone's opinion about this, it actually worked once for me: "God drat it they're risking everything to come to this country and make a life for themselves, that's that can-do American spirit that makes this the greatest loving country on earth. So welcome to America, we're a nation of immigrants; start teaching your kids English and apply for your Green Card/Citizenship as soon as you can, and enjoy your time here."

It's not just Rush who can spin stuff.:smug: Disclaimer: This may only work in Hispanic Majority areas like San Antonio where Hispanics aren't seen as "scary". Also you have to acquiesce to the "learn English" talking point.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/gheen-immigrants-may-smile-you-they-hand-you-your-cheeseburger-they-really-want-you-and-your

Because apparently all Mexicans want to do is kill you and your WASP family because they are evil Communists.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Spacedad posted:

Reminder: Todd Starnes was the guy who was REALLY ANGRY when a Hindu Indian-American won Miss America.

Oh, god really. I am not surprised but do you have the article?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dr. Faustus posted:

The poo poo that went down in Murrieta, CA today is probably one of the most upsetting, disgusting, frightening things I've seen in awhile. I am simply at a loss for words. I'll post CNN's take on it just for background, but you have to see the video to appreciate how awful some Americans can be.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/02/us/california-immigrant-transfers/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

wow, that was pretty hosed up. If they didn't have a ton of tea fuckers standing around screaming bigoted poo poo, then i would probably understand their objections more.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Here's how Fox is reporting on immigration issue

wow, that's some loving irony right there on multiple levels.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

StealthArcher posted:

They're not even hiding how much BioShock Infinite called them on their poo poo anymore are they?

All i thought of when i saw that gif was this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU09DYCOWjc

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Chantilly Say posted:

So Anthony from Opie & Anthony got fired for being a terrible, unrepentant racist. Now, who's going to:

- Defend him wholeheartedly for going on an hours-long racist Twitter rant, and for having a long history of saying racist as hell poo poo before this
- Immediately dismiss his conservative media credentials and call him an unimportant liberal nobody (libs are the real racists)
- Both in the same breath, somehow?

That doesn't surprise me at all. him and opie were practically blowing zimmerman and talking poo poo about obama and any other black person for the last 5 years. Their politics got awful after obama got in. I used to listen to some of there stuff on youtube. it was sorta funny in a edgy way.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 4, 2014

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Warcabbit posted:

Eh, he was always a big collector of nazi stuff - I used to listen on drivetime home sometimes. So, anyone have links to what was going on? Something involving Zimmerman?

hmm. george's brother defended anthony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

moths posted:

What is happening here? I understand what each component of this image is, but I don't get how they're related.

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2014/07/04/3456669/opie-and-anthony-host-fired-by-siriusxm-after-this-brutally-racist-tirade-on-twitter/

Basically, Anthony from from opie and Anthony went on a giant tirade about black people on his twitter after maybe getting assaulted by a black woman. Zimmerman is responding to his tweets.