Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Oh man, Aris getting blown up by Watson is hype!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

lazarenth posted:

Apparently the FGTV house is getting evicted!

I got there after the main conversation but the chat says the streaming equipment technically belongs to EG and will go with Ricky so Champ is shilling for cash to get new stream equipment for himself eventually.

Is Ricky leaving the house??

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Is Twitch loading really, really slowly for anybody else?

I was just about to come in here and post the same thing. It even timed out when I tried to log in.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Arturo and Team Stickbug are playing some anime games at Next Level on Arturo's stream, they're currently switching over to Melty Blood:

ANIME!!!!!!

Edit: Stream's finally back up with Melty, and Arturo's debating whether or not to stream Chaos Code later.

Also, Jaxel's streaming some Yatagarasu and holding raffles for the new version's Indiegogo:

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 21, 2013

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Is Canada Cup 1 just a repeat of last year's stream or am I going crazy?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

"Always a bridesmaid, never a bride" - James Chen

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

IE Battlegrounds is currently streaming Tekken Tag HD as part of a fundraiser. Aris and Markman on the mic.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Apparently nobody in SoCal has a PS4

Are there any sticks now that work with the PS4, I thought PS3 sticks weren't compatible with it.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Tonight for streams, there's Northern Battles 10 on Toronto Top Tiers

Also, Rebel Up at Super Arcade is being streamed by Jyosua (Persona 4) and Numakie (Aquapazza)

On a side note, Galloping Ghost Arcade is streaming some kind of Pole Position tournament thing??

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

apple posted:

The prize distribution (or lack thereof) was crazy, 1st place getting all the bonus pot is really rough for people who get top 3.

I didn't realize this, makes more sense why Jwong was so salty after losing.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

IE Battlegrounds is hosting a Virtual On/Gundam tournament.

http://www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

GGPO Vampire Savior Tourney:

http://www.twitch.tv/rotanibor

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

iPodschun posted:

KOF top 4 has started on Spooky. AE top whatever -> 8 will be starting soon (maybe) on DB.

Watch KBR play a game were he isn't fighting a constant uphill battle.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

http://www.twitch.tv/deadly_bison is streaming some Ultra from the Arena in Long Island. I dunno if LI Joe is there or not.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

iPodschun posted:

Valle is hosting WNF in a garage it looks like. Regulars, Smug, and some international players are there.

https://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

I think it's his house, I believe he'll be hosting this and maybe the next couple of WNFs there.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

When's Summer Jam, I think that's the next big one.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki is streaming Last Man Standing out of NYC. Native Impact versus Smug right now.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Am I missing something or is there no Twitch archive for the Red Bull Kumite? On the Capcom fighters account and Red Bull esports there's just three really short videos (like 30 mins combined)?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Negronomicon posted:

Capcom fighters twitch VODs are subscriber only.

I know, I'm subscribed, they still don't have VODs.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Al Borland posted:

fighting seems to be a little quiet since EVO. Anything good coming up soon?

The Arc Revo tourney in Japan is this weekend.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ultrachen just posted this in their chat, it's a Google calendar with all the notable FGC events:

https://tinyurl.com/fgccalendar

It's got a lot on there including lots of international events and has stream links listed for most of them.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 12, 2015

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Zhi's gotten better now that it seems like he's a little more self aware and able to reign himself in at times. Though maybe this is just because I haven't him seen him with a girl as his co-host in a long while, which usually resulted in his most cringe-worthy moments.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Tae posted:

Zhi and Skiskonic are the same people

Zhi dreams about having the social graces of Skisonic.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Microwaves Mom posted:

:negative:
NLBC is dead to me. I took a peek to see what was going on and its Art's stream with MS samantha donations on spamming memes and god knows what while sci tries to commentate over it.

So awful. What happened to spooky?

I think more than anything Art's streams are a great example of why running a stream and playing in a tournament are at odds with one another.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

bhsman posted:

2) If you don't like it, punish the taunt.

To me this is the best response. If Nuckledu has enough time to be doing the shades thing this often, then Brent has bigger issues than being disrespected.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

First North American Central Fiction tournament:

http://www.twitch.tv/jyosua

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

apple posted:

I think as a spectator this EVO is going to be pretty sick, but as a competitor it's balls. Four games that haven't even been released yet worldwide, one of which doesn't even have a release date yet (Tekken 7). It'd be cool if Pokken was actually a good competitive FG, but blindly introducing it is just all sorts of stupid from a competitive standpoint. It makes for great promotion I guess?

I remember RIP saying that he would never touch Pokken again after winning the exhibition tournament Namco held last year. Obviously there'll be some changes between that version and the one released on home consoles, but it didn't sound like balance changes would get him to change his opinion.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Street Fighter II: The Movie tournament at some anime convention:

http://www.twitch.tv/finestko

Dacidbro's the only player I've recognized so far.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

And NYC Furby is playing something called koihime musou right now. It appears to be based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms except all the generals are replaced with teenage girls.

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

lets hang out posted:

i wish uniel was more popular because i really enjoy watching it for some reason

It seems the scene in the US only exists on the West Coast. So if they have it at Anime Ascension, it should be a good tourney.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Prowler posted:

Any *free* clips expected to come out of this tournament? It appears to be already over and it's only 12:30 for me. Oh, PST....

It got streamed on Gameline today so you can watch all the archives, I think only the singles tournament will be on the Capcom Fighters channel.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, that's true... I typically figured that Japan is better because of its stronger arcade scene but honestly I dunno why.

Cue someone saying it's because of Asian math superpowers in 3... 2... 1....

I think because in Japan, fighting games are like FPSes in the US. They are so ubiquitous and popular (Or were for a long chunk of time), that anyone who plays games has a fundamentally strong notion of what it takes win in those types of games. Like your average arcade goer in Japan is far, far more skilled than your average online scrub in the U.S. Again, this is mostly speculation but seeing things like Snake Eyez getting bopped by randoms in a Japanese arcade (Yes, I realize Snake Eyez plays on pad) backs my thoughts up a little.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

I get what you're saying, although the comparison isn't the most apt one because fighting games are no where near as popular in Japan as FPSes are in the US.

Yeah, that's why I added the "Or were at one time" cause they are definitely not at their late 90s peak.

Death Bot posted:

I feel like distance is a big thing too. The first daigo stream I caught was just 8 of the best sf players in Japan (in the world) hanging out,and that's probably not too hard to do somewhat often, but how often do you think, say, snakeeyez and lijoe are in the same room (or even within 500 miles) in a year?

And this too, if the entire US scene were able to play each other on a bi-weekly or monthly basis, I think the players would get a lot better a lot faster. The thing I worry about with Snake Eyez, is that outside of the NorCal guys, he hasn't really been backed into a corner in any of the WNFs. I feel like the minute he runs into a good player who knows how to deal with his bullshit, he'll start having problems that he hasn't had to overcome yet and won't be prepared for.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 18, 2016

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ventana posted:

Yeah where's my Day 1 tourney for the newest biggest eSports game

It was yesterday in New York.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

SF5 is Donald Trump :getin:

It's making fighting games great again!!

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

when their huge year long pro circuit explicitly has spaces on it for the highest online rankers,

Are you sure this is true. I know Capcom has said there would be online qualifiers for the regional finals, but have they said what determines who gets in?

That being said, I don't disagree with most of your points. Specifically, this launch was loving bad, not Sim City bad or Spore bad, but still pretty bad.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

For that dude talking about Garou in one of the fighting game threads, Game Newton in Japan is hosting a tourney with it and some other older games right now:

https://www.twitch.tv/gamenewton

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Sarchasm posted:

Aris seems like a nice guy. What he did was dumb, but I don't think he'd make the same mistake twice.

That said, he tries way too hard to be jokey on stream and it just gets grating after a while. Smart guy though. I'd like him better if he just relaxed a bit instead of trying to force a laugh every thirty seconds.

His humor hits the mark more often than any other commentator I can think of. Maybe Yipes is a little more on point, but I don't really view him as a commentator.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

Anyone But ZhiSonic is fine by me

like seriously, what the gently caress was up with that bit where zhi started talking about justin's 'gaijin blood' and comparing him to alucard from castlevania

I dunno man, Zhi is still weird, but he's reeled it in a lot compared to 2 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Critical posted:

I just got a number from what I read on r/kappa so it might be bullshit tbh

Edit: the number might be bullshit, not infils plan

I believe 73 is the number of CPT events in total (ranking & premiere)