Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is 50% off of the Walking Dead the highest we'll see this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Any plans for Far Cry 3?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Repelex posted:

Is Far Cry 3 going on sale any time soon?

A Far Cry franchise pack was added to the content registration thing on steam prior to the sale, so there's a good chance you'll see some form of discount for it on steam.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

Any chances that NBA2K13 has a sale? I can never find it under 30 bucks.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/15c0qj/steam_holiday_sale_day_4/c7l7bor

EDIT: ^^^^^^ drat youre fast

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Dec 24, 2012

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

PoshAlligator posted:

Is Saints Row 2 Steam? I'm on my mobile due to Christmas and it's hard to see.

If not I might just use my THQ credit on a SR3 Complete despite owning the base game from the Humble Bundle, just for all dat DLC.

Yes it is, steamworks in fact, amazon sells it real cheap too.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Rodney-CK posted:

Any solid leads on if its going to be worth holding out?

You wanna hold out:

AmazonTony posted:

Yep, we'll have it on sale and part of the Editor's Choice List in January, it'll be $17.99 or $12.99 after coupon.

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 31, 2012

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

AmazonTony posted:

Editor's Choice != tons of sales. It means games that the "Editor's" (read people I work with) chose as their favorite games this year.

I'm an Editor and I know one of the guys who made Vessel so I added to the list.

Hopefully it gets some attention, it is a super legit game.

Earlier you mentioned that you'll add Kingdoms of Amalur to the EC list but it's not on there, any info on that?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3523213&userid=193636&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post410922449

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

K. Flaps posted:

Will the Steam version of Walking Dead stay more expensive than the Mac version?

I'm pretty sure there aren't really different versions of WD, Amazon has different entries but either serial will work with either OS.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

AmazonTony posted:

it doesn't start until 1/2

Are there any plans for additional games to be added to the EC list after that date?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I love how they have this helpful piece of advice on the EC page:

"Having trouble finding the email? Try searching for "Your Amazon Promotional Credit" in your email inbox."

Yea do this people, instead of, you know, having the amount of your promo credit easily available on amazon. :v:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Just bought Hotline Miami for 2.49$, can't argue with that price.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Kin posted:

Masonity just helped me get the Settlers games (i'm in the UK), but i can't seem to get the codes to activate on steam? Are they region locked or is there another process i have to go through to get them to work?

Settlers isn't steamworks, the codes won't activate on steam.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Torabi posted:

Also doesn't Settlers 7 still use Ubisofts old terrible always on drm?

Yes, in fact it's the only game released with that kind of drm that still has it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Are you gonna price match Crusader Kings 2 which is currently 10 bucks on steam?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
"No."
"But thou must!"

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

AmazonTony posted:

Syndicate will be very close to $5 after coupon.

Gonna be 12.49 pre-coupon, calling it now.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Refresh the page a few times, try ctrl+f5 too, it showed up for me after a couple of tries.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

King Keltair posted:

Wow, after the bundle and everything else this month I still have a coupon - anyone have an opinion on Max Payne 3 vs. Age of Empires 3?

I remember people in the steam thread being kinda underwhelmed by Age of Empires 3 when it came up there during the christmas sale.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

PoshAlligator posted:

So what's the best combination of Paradox bundles to buy? There's quite a lot -- it's a tad confusing.

CK2 is the one I definitely want to get, so maybe I'll just wait for the CK kings bundle and just get that.

If I remember right the Sword of Islam DLC for CK2 is very much worth having, so it's either the Paradox complete pack for 10 bucks after coupon or the CK2 complete pack + another pack, but of course you need 2 coupons for that second option.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
This really sucks, half an hour after purchase I still can't get at my keys. I've had fewer issues buying from keysites than from Amazon, makes em look really amateurish.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
EDIT: had a coupon but not anymore

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 31, 2013

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Stumpus posted:

Does Steam get any sort of remuneration because many of these games are steam works? Or is Amazon completely circumventing Steam for the publishers?

Only benefit for steam is that it expands their userbase.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Convex posted:

Would anyone with PM's mind helping me out with a US address to use? In return I can offer my eternal gratitude :)

You can just use this: http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

AmazonTony posted:

you guys will even get to have input on what the code is.

Use offer code BADIDEA10 to add an additional 10% cost to your order!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Do you have anything for Dishonored in the pipeline? It's half off on steam this weekend.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
There anything on the horizon for DmC or Dishonored by any chance?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Dirt 2 is awesome. It's a totally accessible racing game and a hell of a lot of fun. It has some annoyances, and Dirt 3 fixes a few specific ones, but ultimately the races are so short that it's a worse game overall. So go with Dirt 2.

How short exactly are we talking about here? I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the 4+ minute races the newer NFS games had, so the short Dirt 3 races might work well for me.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Tyree posted:

Does this download to your steam library or elsewhere?

You buy it on Amazon, you have it on Steam.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

monster on a stick posted:

I noticed this bundle on sale - Bulletstorm, Burnout Paradise, Mercenaries 2, Mirror's Edge, and The Saboteur for $10. Are these games goon-approved?

http://www.amazon.com/Storming-Burning-Reflecting-Sabotaging-Download/dp/B008GWJKE6/ref=pd_ybh_6

All except Mercs 2 are thought of pretty highly, Mercs 2 is an ok game with a terrible PC port.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Ok, so the $19.99 Deus Ex HR/Hitman/Sleeping Dogs/Just Cause 2 bundle. Good deal? I've done one playthrough of Deus Ex HR on my Xbox (stealthy/shooter run), and already own Just Cause 2 from a Steam sale (so I'd sell/trade that.) Worth it, or would I be better off waiting for the Steam sale on these?

Since you're essentially buying this for Hitman and Sleeping Dogs only, you can save about 5 to 8 usd by waiting since both of those have been less than 10 dollars individually. Just depends on whether you wanna play them right now or not.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

So since I've only played Deus Ex:HR once, it is worth playing again as (say) stealthy for whatever additional content there is? (I borrowed the Xbox version, didn't buy.) That adds a few more bucks into what I'd "save."

I don't have that much of an urge to play either of those games, I've just heard good things about them from goons and I tend to trust their judgment :v:

I think it's much the same content since there isn't a ton of choice in Deus Ex story-wise, you just get to experience it a different way. Sleeping Dogs I found was okay, definitely some rough edges there, don't know about Hitman since I have yet to play it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

sector_corrector posted:

It's a masturbatory nerd fantasy that buys video games for children who's parents can afford hospital care.

Do you think the people whose money goes into Child's Play would be very likely to donate to any non-video game related charity?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Why is Saint's Row IV 10 bucks more on Amazon than on Steam?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Not_Log posted:

Are you looking at the console version?

I meant the PC version: http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-On...row+iv+download

Seems the physical one is the same price as on Steam tho, which I imagine is what you're getting at.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Rirse posted:

Is this the Steam version you been fighting to get or the old Origin release?

Says DRM: Origin on the page and customer reviews also say it doesn't activate on Steam. Looks like we're out of luck on this one.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

AmazonTony posted:

Yeah, that's my original thought as well lol. Does it change the level of attractiveness if we can get it to $9.99?

I don't think so, it's a lot of games but that's really all it is. If I wanted terrible games for cheap, there's a whole bunch of awful indie bundles for that already, that are also less than 10 usd.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Dorroile posted:

If you're going to make a BAD GAMES BUNDLE then you should probably put it at a pricepoint where people can buy it as a gag gift. Even 4.99 would be a bit on the costly side for that awful heap.

Also, semi-related question since someone mentioned SR4 keys being region-locked: Are there any OTHER sites that sell keys for acceptable, non-terrible prices that CAN be activated in Europe? Because i'm vaguely considering getting it, but not for 50 euro.

Obviously legit sites, not shady-rear end ones that people aren't allowed to talk about anyway.

Check this offer: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1284-saints-row-iv-brasil

It's around 30 euros, check their forums about whats what with the key first tho.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Do you have a way to export that list from your database in a BBCode ready format or was some poor intern forced to type all that up by hand?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Are those prices correct? Kind of going against conventional wisdom there.

Also, Pro Evo 2014 has no sale price:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Apparently Amazon charges tax on Massachusetts addresses now, anyone know of a state where they don't?

• Locked thread