Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-07/warne2c-samuels-charged-over-heated-exchange/4454996?section=sport

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/cricket/australian-selectors-leave-mike-hussey-out-of-odi-squad/story-e6frg26c-1226548302192

Who is on the selection committee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Why did the selectors rest Hussey (because he is too old) and pick Haddin (who is too old?)

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Hussey retired. Where the gently caress have you been?

Drinking heavily.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

quote:

caught up with my mate (brother in law of mike hussey) and got some pretty interesting info ok, there has been alot of talk around the attitude of michael clarke for years, he is a selfish wnker. Mike apparantly was promised at a minimum two one dayers in the ODI series, in Perth, he was promised this on the back of "best available" talk. It is probably worth mentioning that alot of the players are a bit scared of clarke in terms of the fact that he is a selector now, so they avoid trying to pss him off. Anyways at some point clarke called mike over (after the end of play) and asked if he could have a word. In this discussion he told mike that he wouldnt be playing because they were "looking to the future" mike asked about best available side and all that sht and clarke said "you can have a lap of honor before we play the ODI in Perth" to whihc mike told him to shove his lap up his as. Cricket Australia didnt want to announce the axing but certain members of the hussey camp "accidentally" dropped the hint to journos around the country clarkey wasnt happy about this and i guess it set the tone for the following couple of days (this was after play day 3 from memory). So then the day before the game finished mike was asked by clarke what he wanted to do for his last game, and he said that he wanted to just sit in the changerooms and get pssed with the team and the entire support staff. Michael Clarke then proceeded the following day to organise to go on James Packers massive boat (which they could do any time for the next 3 days) but he wanted to go that evening the test ended.

as a side note they all get pretty expensive retirement gifts from the team, and mike (being in charge of the song) will change the ipod to John Williamsons "true blue" this is when the team knows to get in a huddle to sing the team song. anyways someone turns the music off, and mike started complaining that someone had fcked the ipod up... nek minut John Williamson walks in singing "true blue"... thought that was pretty cool.

So anyways, clarke tried to turn it and say "I did this for you mike" (the boat) when he already knew what mike wanted to do, didnt want to go to the boat he wanted to get pssed int he changerooms. So at the end of the day everyone is in the changeroom drinking, clarke had left early because he wanted to go on the boat, some players (including warner) left as well. When it was time to leave for the boat a couple of players asked mike if he was coming, and mike was like "nah go have fun, i will stay and celebrate with my family and the support staff". Nathon Lyon (Mikes best friend in the team) said "fck that if huss isnt going im not going" then watto said the same. As Vice captain that meant that alot because the players came back to the room and were gonna bail on the boat, because they weren't worried as much about clarke losing it.

So the next minute they get word that Clarke has made the boat an "official Cricket Australia function" which means the players get in trouble for not attending. This forced alot of the players to leave,
Siddle and Lyon and the support staff were the only ones left from what I understand, absolutely petty and sht form from clarke considering that they could have gone on the boat the following night.

So in the end Mike, his family and the support staff stayed in the rooms. Mike then woke up with a voicemail from clarke which abused the sht out of him for leaking to the media and about how he didnt go on the boat with the players. Then clarke put david warner on the phone, who abused the sht out of him as well. Mike just took it in his stride and didnt respond, and the next morning in the lobby of the hotel clarke wouldnt even look at him. Mike apparantly said "hey clarkey, one day you'll know" and that was the last words they had exchanged. Mike was refferring to the fact that clarke is a selfish ct, and cant understand why mike is retiring (young family etc).

Dunno how much I trust it, but yeah, more info.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Captain Matchbox posted:

Where's the quote from? Sounds like what I heard at the pub on friday.
I would say its from some dude who knows the brother in law of Mike Hussey, but some random on the internet posted it so I dont know how much I trust it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

deep square leg posted:

Whole lot of manchildren.

Who else, other than Clarke, was being a manchild?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

You Am I posted:

"I know, we need more KFC and Good Charlotte advertising for the Big Bash! That will get more people interested!"

I like it when they shill for KFC (despite being hardcore vegans not that long ago) and then the next ad is them shilling for Vodaphone.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I just dont know if I can sit through that much poo poo channel 9 commentary.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bring back Jim Maxwell

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/02/22/radio-magic-gone-as-indias-bullies-shut-down-jim-maxwell/

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Burn Down Canberra posted:

He is 31 and injury prone. He is the worst performing batsman out of the top order. (Hughes is going past 50 slightly more often than Watson is). I would happily drop him for just about any half decent batsman in the country. In fact I just started my post to comment on how the other batsmen aren't pulling their weight but it turned into an anti Watson post. That is how much I hate Shane Watson at the moment.

He needs to score some serious runs or gently caress off into the night.

But his form in the T20 series cant be ignored :v:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

goatface posted:

It's ok. It'll probably rain like it did last year.

Rain? In England?

You must be confused.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

WHAT THE gently caress

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bharatrocity posted:

Warner out for 6 after 9 balls against the Zimbabwe Select XI by the way. He should stick to punching children in my opinion.

Whelp that should be the end of his ashes series.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I think so

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Coucho Marx posted:

"More brains in a chocolate frog!"

I laughed at that.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Hahaha, his smug grin is the worst sledge.

Nice catch though.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Lionel Richie posted:

Stokes is streaky as gently caress from what I've seen so it should be entertaining now anyway

Here's hoping he does an Agar.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

-Spiffy- posted:

Jimmies in, I predict some pretty awful behaviour incoming.

Well, at least he has lasted longer this time.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gently caress, Anderson has turned up to play

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

By calling him what he is. A massive oval office.

He doesn't have the same depth, the warmth or the ability to grip a bat.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Captain Matchbox posted:

God bless the WACA

Last test best test

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Aargh posted:

Opening one beer with another isn't that hard but you're always left with the last beer you can't open.

Thats when you hit up Warnie for his lighter and use that.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

EMC posted:

Remember when the new years day test actually started on new years day? Not on the 16th of January or whatever this dogshit is

So would you prefer the boxing day test stayed on boxing day, or the new years day test stayed on new years? Because there isnt exactly a lot of time between the two for rest and recovery, given we are talking about playing in the Australian summer, noted for fine, balmy conditions.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Scylo posted:

I just want to know if there's a toilet up there

Yeah it's a long drop

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Two debutantes high score. Logically that means all debutantes all the time for England. Can't do much worse.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Coq au Nandos posted:

In fairness so is most of the LNP.

ftfy

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

IceAgeComing posted:

Is Australian TV always as full of product placement as this? We've just sad the commentator reading something about anti-depression treatment...

Of all the product placement you could complain about, you pick the most worthwhile thing they have mentioned so far.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gabensraum posted:

AFL on TV doesn't seem as bad as everything else. AFL on radio is probably the worst, though.

I dont understand, why would you listen to AFL on anything but Grandstand?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

wow that was poo poo

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

He just needed a practise catch first, thats all.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

How is it in tennis?

Different system, and tennis is easier because it's just recording what happened, instead of trying to predict what might have happened.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

If that Schapelle "television event" comes to any other conclusion than "Did she do it? Yes. She totally did." Then I weep for Australia.

Last time I went travelling, when I checked my bag in, they weighed it. Corbys defense was that someone else put the kilos of weed in her bag after she checked in. Seems simple to work out to me.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Micky Arthur has gotta be feeling a bit poo poo right about now.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Doctor Cave posted:

Going for the reverse-sweep then loving it up is always one of the more embarrassing dismissals.

I like the ones where they try to lob it up over the keeper, gently caress up the angle and hit it into their own wickets.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Airstream Driver posted:

Who is that family and why is there a camera in their house? BBL novice here.

If the guy on the platform catches the ball they win $600000 ish

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ben Notlaughing.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Burn Down Canberra posted:

That was a terrific catch.

Yeah pretty much

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Unimpressed posted:

You mean "The Big Show".

Anyone who tries to pick their own nickname is wrong in the head.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Threw that wicket away. England have probably won the game with that.

Came here to post this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I did not expect that to happen

• Locked thread