Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

The benefit is it not being bound, which helps for alts. Thankfully they did away with resistance gating in Storm Legion, so passing barnacles back and forth between alts isn't really a thing. I suppose you could use a char with max lycini rep to get essences and pass it around, but then you are losing main stats.

I use barnacles to make best-in-slot sigils for my alts who don't have torvan/lycini maxed and never will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

2.3 is up on PTS. No patch notes yet, but some highlights:

The Dendrome is open. I haven't really looked at it yet.
    The cash shop is sorta there; you can't buy credits/rex yet, and the loyalty part of it clearly isn't finished yet, but you can see what's for sale. Prices apparently aren't final yet.
    Things you can buy: barnacle sigils, xp/notoriety/token boosts, costumes, dimension stuff, and anything that has ever been on a vendor.
    There are new lesser essences, and a new tier of rep to grind for torvan and lycini (gently caress)
    There are ring, trinket, and seal runes; you unlock them with rep grinds in Dendrome (I think there are three? Achyati, Empyreal Alliance, and one other.)
    You can buy a soul walk for 50 credits.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

shut up gelly posted:

any more info on these? i must have all the endurance. all of it. :getin:

They follow the same pattern as the neck/belt/cape runes (passable rune at honored notoriety, best rune at glorified). Here are the glorified runes:

Empyreal Rune of (mainstat): 35 mainstat/20 endurance, trinket
Achyati Rune of (mainstat): 18 mainstat/10 endurance, ring
Hailol Endurance Expansion Rune: 25 endurance, seal
Hailol Focus Expansion Rune: 45 attack power/10 endurance, seal
Hailol Mind Expansion Rune: 45 spell power, seal (either this is bugged or Trion hates casters, your choice)

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

There are Hellbug mounts too. No idea how to get them though.

They drop from hellbug rifts. There are pets too!

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

At the high end, both are good dps. Pick whichever you like better.

edit: You'll want to look at other souls as well. As a warrior dps, you won't be playing riftblade all the time. I swap between RB, champion (aoe dps) and tempest (ranged dps) as the situation warrants. Warriors also get 3 tank souls and warlord, which is a weird tank/dps hybrid. Clerics can heal, dps, and tank, and if you have to be at range you won't be playing shaman. One of Rift's strengths is the many roles one character can play, so don't pigeonhole yourself into one soul :)

Rianeva fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 24, 2013

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Now that they're doing a cash store kind of thing, they should sell some player races that aren't terrible. What a lovely selection of races this game has. :I

In the cash store, are these mounts for one character or are they account-wide?

They're for one character.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Gorelab posted:

What's with all the shards being locked? Scheduled maitnance?

Late hotfix plus new shards and splitting the NA cluster in two. Probably won't be up until 6 pacific.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Yeah, it's closed to transfers.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Probably not forever, just until things die down a bit.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Azaael posted:

I'm wondering if I can cobble together a tanky Champion AoE leveling spec though.

Here's a guide to a WL/champ leveling spec. It is very much about rounding up mobs and mowing them all down with AoE, though.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Make a character on threesprings with the same name, then delete it just before you transfer.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

BM is for raiding. It doesn't really have any use outside of that.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Is it just me or is there something wrong with a server? Apparently I have 30k ping when it's not a problem for everyone and my internet is fine :qq:

Not just you, but it's random (maybe?). This poo poo is screwing up both my guild's GA runs :qq:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Holy poo poo my whole raid just disconnected. You guys having trouble too?

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Oddity posted:

What determines which banner you teleport to? Rank of the person that placed it?

There can only be one up at a time.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Champion's pretty awesome for certain fights. Most notably twins.

Hey you can use it on trash too! (nobody cares about trash)

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

a digital orc posted:

Best pvp round yet with my harb/chlor/ele spec:

Not sure how well this spec will do at 60, but for sub-60 tiers it seems to work out pretty well. 84k damage and 19-0 (I suppose 0 deaths is more of a credit to my healers than myself) is probably the best I've done with any of the specs I've tried so far. Avert your eyes from the texture settings and messy hotbar.

Those bars really aren't that bad at all, mine are a lot worse. :haw:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Bonapartisan posted:

Man I can't even connect now. Reset my router and reboot my machine just to be safe. Loading screen once I choose my character just gets to 10% and then sits there until I get d/c'd

:(

Anybody else having this? edit: I mean yeah I know there's lag, I was just curious if this is part of the connectivity issue. Since I can't get trion forums to load up either.

From what I understand, yes, that is part of the connectivity issue.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

necrotic posted:

And one-shotted Matriarch! (Well, 2 technically, but Antaris DCed right as we did the first pull).

Loving that we are full clearing FT and the first 3 bosses of EE this quick. Time to hammer on Goloch, hopefully that won't be too bad.

Goloch isn't too bad, you should have him down in no time.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

You people have huge screens :( Here's my UI:

Also, congrats on Goloch!

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

az posted:

The main goon guild is still on deepwood correct? The op says both factions can join the guild. Does that mean they can also raid together? If not, which one is the primary goon guild faction?

Yes, both factions can raid together, and yes, the goon guild is on Deepwood. I have no idea whether there are more defiants or guardians though :v:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Anyone else's game crashing as soon as they hit play? :ohdear:

If you're on windows 7, it might be this.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

marhom posted:

Two Kaaz despawns in a row :cool:

e: three since apparently it just vanished on Faeblight before we ported.

I just moved to Faeblight and this is not the problem I'm used to having with Kaaz. (On cluster 2, if you don't get him right after reset you probably aren't getting him at all)

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

I may be able to help out tonight if I don't have to do GA, yell at Rianeva@Faeblight and I'll bring... something.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

I thought her HP locked at 10%.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

shut up gelly posted:

one of our warriors refuses to run anything but tempest on hm zaviel :psyduck:

i parsed tempest for a while on pts with test gear and it parses around 21k. compare that to pyro/inq/marks/ranger, even on live, and it's pretty weak.

anyway there are new seals (+89 main stat with no aug so that works out to 110 main stat with an aug) on the pts so i suggest buying the mats/augs you need before the patch hits and the prices go insane. i say this obviously having already bought all the mats that i'll need (:smugdog:) but be prepared to drop 1k plat or 2k if you're not a mage on the swirling infinity particles that you need to craft them as well as a new crafting mat which may or may not be a raid mat (i hope not, because one person getting a seal every week would be horrible).

The other mat is made by apothecaries and takes 5 regal distillate, 5 laminated madrosa, and 2 coruscating shards. No raid mats needed.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Notinghamington posted:

So, I don't know much about this game since I started playing, but I read the OP and did some looking and to get the best bard build I need to buy the storm legion souls from the shop, but what I"m wondering is will I be getting access to more content if I buy the souls, or do I just get the 4 souls?

I think the OP is out of date, tactbard has been dead for quite a while now. Just use 61 bard.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Vendictus Prime posted:

was this a new mount for 2.4, that will be on the Rift store or rep reward?

That's the new raptor pet for rangers.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

KaneTW posted:

RIP Terrible Idea

:smith:

Also, apparently there's some more optimization stuff on PTS. Did anyone try it and see a difference?

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Congrats! :v:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

necrotic posted:

this works too!

Congrats! :D

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

See you say that, but I can show you the true definition of terrible tank :getin:.

You called?

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Jacada posted:

So I just hit level 14 and so far I'm super impressed with this game. I can't quite believe its free to play completely, I know about the auction house limit and thats fine. I'm happy to spend a little money to unlock it but the rest of the game being completely accessible? Come on goons! Whats the catch? I'm nervously waiting for something to pop up that is going to push me into having to buy something to make the game tolerable.

I think the SL souls are the closest thing to a catch there is, but they're worth the money if you plan to play for a while at 60.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

The other cluster was dead anyway, good riddance.

ps Zoness we might make you tank tonight, get good please :v:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Machai posted:

I posted a "Trail of Tears" painting in the unification thread. I hope I don't get banned from the forums :ohdear:

e:
pg2 we get this:

I expected it sooner.

Think of the roleplayers!

:haw:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Daler Mehndi posted:

Are there quest chains that I might be missing if I don't run any dungeons?

I've only played on guardian side (I'm told I'm terrible), but there is a saga that requires normal and expert dungeons, expert and raid rifts, and at least one trip into one of the level 50 raids. You don't need to do it unless you are a horrible completionist and even then I wouldn't recommend it.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Murvin posted:

Pretty sure Hailol is transferring to Deepwood soon anyway now, so you can either sit tight 'till it happens or transfer through your account page on the rift site I believe. It doesn't take very long if you choose to do that.

Hailol isn't going anywhere, they'd have to transfer normally.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Get a squirrel, become the darling of Tempest Bay.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

I have a missing head on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Warriors can either dual wield or use a 2-hander, it makes no difference.

• Locked thread