Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Eughhh, why does my lovely kingdom of Brittany revert to Gavelkind when my king dies? I'd managed to get in Tanistry via conquering Ireland and letting my guy go Irish but now the fucker is back to the goddamn Gavelkind.

Is there some kind of console command to revert it to that? It was annoying but a hell of a lot better than anything else I could do around there. (Alas, my Basque concubine did not give me the Basque culture heir for additional shenanigans)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Is there some way to trigger the Jomsviking via event in the console? Seriously getting tired of them never appearing in my norse games.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Allyn posted:

"event TOG.4010" without the quotation marks

Man, thanks a bunch. Now I got someone to offload all this worthless but manpower rich land on that won't collapse every generation.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Why the hell are the Muslims not breaking up??? By the time I get any good traction up North they've always turned into horrible huge as blobs and it's really annoying how they basically always stay in super high MA without console fuckery. Annoying. And they never seem to go decadent, assholes seem unwilling to try for independence, ughh.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Haha, wow they do not intend for you to play as the Aztecs, do they? What does sacrificing people even do? And they get the prestige malus for being at peace except they can't raid for some awful reason???

Do the Zoooon have any real events or are they just another superflous non-Norse (who still didn't have that many events that weren't around raiding) ?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Haha, lool, decided to see if I could spice up the Canaries a little and gave them a lot of gold and prestige then went elsewhere for a while. Later check on them and the dude built up a bunch of crap but didn't seem to want to up his centralization or whatever, even though he had no reason not to. So I enable laws, jack it up to max and then hit the 'Found Republic' button, only to discover you have to be unreformed to do so? What the heck is up with that?

Oh and when I changed him into reformed Norse it CTD-ed, so good jorb Paradox.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Haha, cripes reforming as a merchant republic murders your levies. And I like how if you're a tribe it's almost no time gained from starting a hundred years earlier because it takes so drat long to slog through upgrading and then you apparently don't even keep the upgrades. What idiots thought that up? Hell, even with remorseless raiding it still took way too long and breaking the muslim-blobs is a pain, even with judicious console shenanigans.

Seriously, if the upgrades were half the price, very little would be lost because you get a bunch and your income is poo poo and none of it stays. Also gently caress me retinues are now utterly useless.

Oh, and you still don't see the result of the Zun 'Toss em in a desert pit' event, they either just escape or die and you only get to see that, you lose access to your feast/blót equivalent if you reform into a merchant republic (leaving hunts as the sole intrigue option) and for some godawful idiot reason they don't seem to want to raid. Also add the Zun to the list of republics without unique events that also lack teh rivalry events. Are the mods just for the events? Am I supposed to be relying on them to not just watch my ducats slowly pile up inbetween conquests?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Tehan posted:

But you do? They get converted into barracks/mustering/training grounds/whatever.
Ahhh, my bad, looked better at it and yea, there's that mustering ground. I never got anything else for most of them because the prestige prices are way too loving high. I suppose that the intent is that I parcel them out to a bunch of fuckers so they all improve them themselves but aside from the marriage boost to prestige I don't see any way for them to get the huge amounts, especially if they can't raid.

Are Zun not supposed to be able to raid? Seems pretty idiotic for them to be the sole Pagans who can't. And for the Republic poo poo to block off their religion thing, leaving you without even that empty event.

Phlegmish posted:

I wish the game would give you the option to go to the character portrait of the person that is being targeted by a plot. I don't know all of my courtiers' names by heart, I usually just click End Plot to be on the safe side because I have no idea who they're trying to assassinate. I also wish the game would give you more information when it says someone acted dishonorably towards you and you can imprison them. What exactly did they do?

Am I missing something, is there an easy way to find these things out?
Yea, it should be there in the intrigue panel under 'known plots'. I know I've gotten rid of some unwanted sons that way just by letting them slide thru.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Oh gods, are you guys also seeing the Byzantine Empire crumpling more often? 2 games in a row now, Bulgaria invades, stomps, triggering crusades before 800. Which btw is incredibly annoying when every shitfaced count of Ireland can now hire the holy orders to gently caress over my armies. Annoying.

Is there some way to enable raiding for Zun in the defines or is there a mod for it? Seems a dumb oversight to be honest or is it something new with forbidding it to Merchant Republics? (Which makes sense if they hate fun, as that made Norse Merchant Republics such an incredibly game breaking magical beast)

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Haha, wow, the other Zun guys are way easier, just keep that chancellor parked on the Abbs and take the one county to reach the lower ones, so if they declare on you, you can just surrender and lose relatively little but still reach those juicy single counties towards the Indian coast while tearing chunks out of your neighbours. Still, getting up to 50 will be poo poo unless I either start bordering the big Hindu kingdom, head for the steppes or the Abbs collapse properly, unlike the last few runs.

Unimpressed posted:

A question to you all, out of Sons of Abe, Rajas of India and Charlemagne, which one should I buy? (I have all the other ones, they came with the game when I bought it).
Ignore Charlemagne for now, the draws of that are Zun, which interact with India and Charlemagne (duh) which really needs Sons of Abraham to work.

Basically, sons of Abraham makes Christians almost as interesting as the Norse (best religion) and adds events and the college of Cardinals while Rajas gives you the three Indian religions which are a lot of fun to huck around with on the other end of the map where you usually didn't do much. Depends on which you like more though.

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm beginning to appreciate the charms of Ultimogeniture.
Same, so long as you can keep your fucker long enough the kid grows up and you have a young, chipper lad to take over. And once you get a good one you just arrest your wife and toss out yer concubines. What a deal.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Martello posted:

Shameful confession time: I "cheated" by saving my Sicily game, loading it again as the HRE, and granting most of the North Italian dukes independence. I figured it was vaguely historically accurate/plausible, plus I didn't feel like fighting them yet. So I still had to fight my way through the North Italian counties, but I didn't have to face off against the HRE. Since I suborned the Papacy, I helped run a crusade through now-Fraticelli HRE to liberate France. It succeeded. Pretty soon I'm going to push for another crusade, this one for more of the HRE heartland.
Don't do that, open the console, write 'charinfo' then 'play (charid)', that way you don't have to reload the game, it takes ages. Then just turn charinfo off or not, if you prefer.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Wait wait wait, am I reading this right in the tech tooltips? Pagan Attrition penalty now goes away at Mil Org 2? Which practically every kingdom in the Indian Subcontinent already has? Faaaa. Does it at least not remove it but make it not as harsh?

Snatch Duster posted:

Yea I agree it is pretty stupid. Ethopia was a legit empire in and of itself, and adding in Egypt is dumb.
But but but, that might mean adding more Africa to the Map and we can't have that, can we?

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 23, 2014

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Who are you mocking.
The people that hemmed both African nations in with huge muslim nations with one having the worst mechanics in the game and the other a sad outside bet that usually amounts to nothing, that has the dull parts of the Byzantines with none of the perks.

Literally never seen Mali or Ethiopia do dick without player intervention. And the fact that Ethiopian Empire requires you to trigger jihads to form as does the West African third holy site is just mean.

I guess the new Nubian retinue is ok with all of them being made worse? Although they don't have longbow volley they still get the 240% generic one.

Excelzior posted:

Is there a consensus on some good starting locations to make a tribal -> Republic game or do they all go to poo poo the moment you convert?
Tutorial Island is your best bet probably. Or I guess you could try Iceland. The Canaries are also in an interesting position and you probably won't be attacked by anyone. Maybe.

Whorelord posted:

do the indian religions spread as quickly as other organized faiths?

thinking of doing a tataria game and i dont want to stay tengri
Yea they spread fine over non-Indians, had a few fun runs into Arabia with them and it worked fine.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

hiandbaii posted:

I remember getting that event as norse. I assume everyone else gets it
I've gotten it as Ethiopia, but usually when the Christians lose Santiago.

Speaking of poo poo triggering, what is the trigger for the Zun holy order? Just reformed and it doesn't seem to be appearing? Was looking forward to loving over the Indians with it.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

So not sure if this is a common bug that's already been reported, but after I form a merchant republic from a tribe whenever I click on the laws window the game crashes. This a problem anyone else is facing?
Yep and it comes even if you aren't a OCM like the Canaries. With the Beta patch, all I had to do was wait for a bit on max speed and eventually the other families spawned.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

To anyone who is pissing and moaning about retinues...have you ever actually used them. They still exist, and you can still use them to gain an edge over the retarded computer players. In my current game, I'm not that large but I have a force of about 2600 men on permanent retainer, which costs maybe half a ducat a month to maintain when full.
Yea and they've been dragged down to the level that the ones for W-Africans are now almost decent in comparison, though them having poo poo lands, poo poo mercenaries (One loving Mercenary company. Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea????) and all of their lands being tribal surrounded by blobby muslims makes them even more poo poo than usual.

Not being able to mercspam just makes it more obvious how absolutely piddly they are, especially when the dickwad Abrahamics can spam mercs, holy orders and their inbred ally mob willy-nilly.

The W-African lack of mercs, events and really anything is still lovely as gently caress, btw. Still, it's very satisfying when you then go on and finally steamroll their precious Norse later on.

I quite like Elective Gavelkind though, because it is absolutely meant to be the shittiest system possible which is just a nod to realism in that it's how the pagans operated a lot of the time. Not being able to influence it at all though is just lazy on the end of Paradox.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Sounds like that's a problem with West africans, and not retinues.
Ehhh, it exacerbates the problems with them, because you have to rely so heavily on them. If I wasn't burning down everything before holy warring and conquesting I'd barely have to time get any poo poo done and I've still only pulled most of them by the skin of my teeth.

Also, how do you plot feudal elective in? It doesn't seem to be an option and I'm tired of being the vassal of the poo poo king with his petty levies but marrying in with weak claims annoys me and my sense of eugenics when just my retinue outnumbers his entire hut collection with single castle.

It is a sad loving thing when if not for my intervention a single castle count would have declared independence from their king.

Odobenidae posted:

West Africa should honestly just not exist because its half-baked implementation just pisses people (and me) off.
I honestly don't get how this works. Do they just expect people to mod it better or is the effort of writing even token events for them too much? gently caress, even giving them a festival would be something, this poo poo is just pathetic.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Deus Rex posted:

Any tips for reforming the Zunist faith? I won't be able to touch Baghdad for at least a couple hundred years now and it seems impossible otherwise without winning a bunch of defensive holy wars. Not being able to raid infidel temples sucks.
Yea, basically what you wanna do is make a fairly powerful tribal vassal, usually both of your dynasty. Their lovely duchies aren't dick compared to yours but they let them beat up the pagans for easy MA and setting them up isn't too hard, especially once they start also subjugating. The fact that lots of the counties are Tengri too, which you actually have a tiny chance of managing to convert is a a happy coincidence. They also spit out tiny lil rebellions which give MA, just gotta be careful about engaging all your troops.

Then start making your way towards the one holy site in India, I found that grabbing that one independent country at the start that lets your get access to the lower part of the west is hella nice, even if you have to eat a holy war for it later from the Abbs. Just eat the -3 MA, you can more than recoup it by taking over the small indies or rebels down there.

Just gotta stay opportunistic; keep an eagle eye on their loving holy orders because even the OPM can hire them and they gently caress you up, go to Ultimo stat and if the Abbs implode (it happens sometimes) be ready for it, meanwhile keep them buttered up because they can end you at any time. If they're already super cool with you, you might try speeding up your MA by forging a claim on your India holy site to get it quicker.

Edit:

I wonder if Tribal Zuns burning temples lowers MA. Might be worth checking out.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Bort Bortles posted:

I still think it is mindboggling that the Catholics get so many holy orders and they get them immediately. They all immediately have full strength armies and can ALL be recruited by any Catholic immediately. Meanwhile everyone else gets a singular holy order that requires special circumstances (beyond the Crusader age or whatever starting).
Tedious as poo poo more like, especially as they've got free upkeep in a defensive holy war. Why, yes, it does make perfect sense that taking on the loving count of Léon is more bother than the half-dead remnant of the Umms because they lend/kick jews then hire every order under the sun.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Excelzior posted:

wait, forming en empire now requires 3 kingdoms OR 180 provinces? hello instant Hispania as 867 Asturias.
Except for the 8000 prestige and money for it isn't that easy to come by.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Whorelord posted:

Is there a way to console myself into Tanistry succession? I'm playing as a Zoroastrian and my sons all own the individual Shahdoms in the Persian Empire, and the idea of this one massive dynasty (Saoshyanid may not be accurate but it's a cool dynasty name) choosing their ruler sounds like it would make for some interesting incest based intrigue.
Try 'succ tanistry', but I honestly don't know. If that doesn't work try 'charid culture breton' then 'allow_laws' then choose tanistry.

Note, not sure how stable it might be with Tanistry on a non-celtic.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Trujillo posted:

I'm meeting all the requirements to go from a tribe to a merchant republic, all green check marks or whatever but the button is still greyed out for some reason. Tried reloading it and waiting a few months but still nothing. Might just wait a few months to get back into CK2 and hopefully they'll iron all this out.
Were you an unreformed pagan? They don't want that for some baffling reason.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

shortspecialbus posted:

Raiding as tribal Norse before 800 seems pretty impractical even after you get the free shipyards. The upkeep of the boats and the retinue doesn't seem to offset your gains even when you raid the green counties off near England and France. I need to learn how to do it more profitably. Maybe it's just not very good that early in the game.
What upkeep for boats? Norse get a huge discount to boat upkeep (90% according to the wiki) and you shouldn't really be going on long vikings at the start anyhow. And you should be using those free vassals which you don't have to pay for and they don't mad about. (Though that was pre-CM, I'm guessing that tribal levies are poo poo now)

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

So what's the best place to expand once you've secured Afghanistan as the Zunbil? I've got the whole kingdom and I'm insulated from the Abbasids by breakaway Muslims. I'm making pretty good money. Should I save up for mercenaries and push right away for my third holy site across the mountains?
There's good counties to your east, easy conquests to your north. If you decide to go north remember to make only a few strong multi-dukes because otherwise the fuckers will keep failing conquests and all their land is poo poo, so plenty counts+1 megaduke should work better.

Finish beating up that last Buddhist realm, then either forge a claim on your holy site if the hindus there have too many allies or just conquest your way there. But if they're too unified, just go north for a while, with any luck the assholes will make the tengris zun and afghan.

Though I've noticed that the AI doesn't seem to prioritize settling tribes, which is pretty dumb and annoying. What exactly makes them pick that option?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Don't try to learn the games with the Charlemagne or Old Gods starts; they're harder unless you want to start as a massive blob. Start in 1066. If you want to cheat to break them up organically, do the following:

Press ~ to pull up the console
Input 'charinfo' to show character ids on portrait mouseover
Find the caliph's character id
Input 'play ######' with ###### as the caliph's id
Attempt to imprison all of the caliph's biggest vassals until all vassals have -100 opinion of him
Input 'add_trait imbecile'
Input 'gold -10000'
Find the sultan of Egypt's character id
Input 'play ######' with ###### as the sultan's id
Go form an Independence faction
Input 'add_diplomacy ###### +25' with ###### as the sultan's id
Find you own character's character id
Input 'play ######' with ###### your character's id

All of those are without single quotes. That should massively fragment the Abbasids and leave you with some organic new kingdoms.
Yea, these are a lot of effort and if you mistype, you gameover.

You know what's easy? 'event 91000', which triggers a decadence revolt. Then you do that three times, maybe doing 'religion [leader of decadence revolt] whatever (finnish_pagan_reformed is good for a laugh) and culture change so folks is more likely to pick independence afterwards.

Then console kill the leader that wins to get rid of the strong claims, kill again, then play as the heir and do 'decadence 100'.

Oh, and granting and creating kingdoms, which the AI won't do by itself unless it absolutely has to, then just granting independence. (Change religion if they don't wanna or pick awful vassals of wrong religion if you can! It's fun!)

Low effort and actually works on all blobs! Haha, gently caress you Karlings, these random new schmucks may have your lands but they at least aren't allied.

Oh, and my fav traits to give assholes are inbred, weak, cruel, craven, dwarf, kinslayer, lunatic, possessed and slothful. Between these, the AI will be crazy, hated and unlikely to have offspring, tends to bow to factions and imprisons, tortures and basically does bad poo poo to vassals. Rebellion follows shortly.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yea, you don't control the counties needed for forming them. They're, Pomerania (or Meckleburg if they Christian), it's there to the left of Denmark near that other island, from what I remember.

Oh, and if the slots are full, they won't ask and also won't ask you if they already asked the guys holding it? Maybe.

Allyn gave me the code to form them earlier in the thread though, it's: event TOG.4010 if they don't trigger right.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

Another patch:
- Christian Crusades and Muslim Jihads can now never start before the year 900.
Yes yes yes, praise be Hallelujah. Too late for the grand Republic of the Canaries but still magnifico.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Who even plays a Christian? I think the closes I've come is playing a Cathar, which doesn't count.

Also, lol at the Lappish retinue being 'Baltic Warrior', way to put in effort there I suppose. And am I the only one vaguely annoyed at the lack of bookmarks and how the clock in the game-setup does nothing?

Is the mod for all tribal/independent in the workshop? Heck, what are the recommended workshop mods? Folks here talk about HIP and VIET and CK2+ but what else might be cool to try out?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Something I'm wondering about; has anyone ever seen a liberation revolt happen to the muslim blobs? I ask because the Caliph never seems to form any of the kingdoms he can and I thought those were supposed to be the deterrent for people not doing that? Same with Umms, although they sometimes get a Catholic revolt that later forms the kingdom.

I wish that blowing up muslim blobs was easier than doing 'play charid', then having to manually form all the drat titles, give them to his most hated vassals, killing him, then triggering wrong culture/religion decadence revolts on him OR doing even more effort on having every single loving king join the independence faction. Although just triggering a few decadence revolts at once locks them down it doesn't do much except change the name. Repeated tanking of Sunni MA also works a bit, in that once about half of the ME is one heresy or another it's turned into a bit of a hellscape but hey, thems's the breaks I guess. It's also very easy to just load up every caliph and do 'piety -7000'.

Though I have to say that breaking the karlings by forcing them into enatic-cognatic, then elective gavelkind and then going on a 'pollinate' spree on everyone with imbecile then legitimizing all the bastards before killing poor Karl is cathartic if nothing else. You can also end up with some pretty funny rulers, like Jain Burgundy, that's proved remarkably resilient.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Volkerball posted:

It is depending on where you start. You will not be painting anything within striking distance of the Abassid for instance.
It depends on the winds and seasons. Sometimes the season is Zorastrian rebellion season as they're ganged up on by the Byzantines and Hindus with an independence revolt hitting at the same time as a decadence revolt. Having access to invasions speeds it up a bunch, whether prepared or tribal.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Haha, lol at the idea of the defensive pagans getting anything. The last thing they got was, what, that if they reform they also get a holy order?

Which doesn't change the fact that the only ones who even have a remote chance of reforming are Suomenski and sometimes Romuva, if they get lucky.

Honestly, the changes to tribal mechanics buggered them even more; at least when they reformed they had a chance to build up, now you have to either first turn feudal, then reform or if you wanna go Merchant reform first, all with very few easy conquest targets, churches to burn or other way of boosting MA.

I remember that I had the idea once of seeing if letting defensive pagans also be templeholders like muslims would improve them any, as it would be a simple change that would boost them somewhat without being gamebreaking, but I've no idea how to mod it in. It would also allow you to add events having to do with the gods, other than the Norse one that's just "do you want 50g, a further plus to martial and opinion bonuses". Heck even just have the possibility of it being a doddering old man or Loki fooling you would be better.

I can sorta get why there aren't a lot of W-African events, not exactly the target group but just soliciting events from the E-European players would probs give something worthwhile.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Hmmm. Maybe I´m just not playing long enough? Only one I've never seen without player intervention is W-African, because even at Charlemagne they seem almost incapable of fighting properly.

Also, are the tribals in the steppes exactly the same as the others? Because uhh, I checked one Tengri dude and they didn't seem to have any cavalry. That seems, odd, to say the least.

And yea, tribal templeholders are wrong holding. Also annoying, tribal muslims are still Open, which means they manage to evade splintering to poo poo like other tribals.

Mange Mite posted:

Still better than Sunset Invasion
I wish there was more poo poo like that. Just random, crazy content that shakes it up a little. A disease that changes folks into the same culture (Vampirism maybe?), crazy off-map invasion (Why not China?) and more fish out of water stuff. (I'm a Hindu in Ireland or a Germanic in India, why is this the same as normal only worse?)

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Groogy posted:

Well I did help with the Crusader Kings Z most, so can kinda take that as semi official if you want crazy poo poo.
That's beautiful that is.

Also what influences the chances for Settling Tribes? It seems you having higher titles influences it but nothing else?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

SeaTard posted:

Duke+ and Stewardship of 13 on your Steward is the best you can do.
Lame. Would at least have hoped that going up to king or emperor (only managed that once as tribal though) would give you a bit more. Those odds are pretty slim at times and I swear I've had my arsewipes with high stewardship on top of wrong culture provinces bordering mine and dick all happens for centuries.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

SeaTard posted:

Just finished making a shattered world all tribal forced gavelkind mod. Need to test it out to see how well it actually plays out, but it looks fun.

Hmm, does yours avoid the "dynasty names not existing" bug from combining the "All Tribal" and "Shattered World" mod direct from steam?

Ofaloaf posted:

Also there's the Ghost Dance! I don't know what to do with the Ghost Dance!

Jain-like? Opinion bonuses and peace-time bonuses? Maybe a bonus to prestige and piety for being at peace, alongside a conversion bonus and a decreased revolt chance? Spirit journeys? Not Jain succession, but maybe defensive pagan bonuses?

Certainly should have an actual 'Ghost Dance' decision, at least.

VVV

It says something sad about me that I thought of that before dismissing it as 'at odds with the CK theme'. I blame sleep deprivation.

Do Native Americans get 'Reconquest' casus belli? Or just conquest ones or what?

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 27, 2014

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

SeaTard posted:

What bug is this? I'm just letting the game auto create holders for everything, so it is new dynasties.
Oh, it just happened when I loaded the two "All Tribal" and "Shattered World" mods together for my latest game. Dynasties created from game start don't have names; the game generates them fine though. New Charlemagne viking event didn't run either, might just not have been updated for the new start? Nyeh.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Sitting as the Wendish Emperor of the Reformed Romuva faith, I look at my numbers and wonder...

What the hell can I even use piety for. The thing just keeps going up and while I guess keeping my theocracies happy is, good, it's in the thousands and just keeps on growing. At least if I was the Fylkir and the religious title didn't go to some scrub for some awful reason, I could use it to call great Holy wars?

Wish I could use it to form holy orders, or exchange it for prestige or something. Hold a religious event? Maybe have the Religious unique event cost piety instead of cash? Blegh.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
"- Taking the "Become Kshatriya Caste" decision now also gives the Kshatriya caste trait to to any unlanded spouses or children in the ruler's court."
Man, that poo poo makes it so more convenient for when you convert to hindu from a concubine.
"- Isle of Man is now its own de jure duchy."

Yeeeeesssss, mwahahaha.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

BBJoey posted:

:ssh: they use gavelkind :ssh:

and if it was gavelkind ultimogeniture then the youngest son should get the primary title in addition to the lion's share of land.
Yea, the mongols and zun not having access to ultimo and the celtics not having tanistry as tribals seems dumb as heck. Hell, elective ends up not being that different from tanistry anyway when you set it up right; not really seeing how adding this back in would change it much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Oh god, I hope you're wrong about Zunist succession being hosed. (On the plus side I can engage in legacy version shenanigans if my current game fails.)
Haven't played a Zun tribal yet, as they all start feudal in the CM start and I was mostly just annoyed at them for not settling tribes or subjugating anything after I made them, but seeing as the mongols seem hosed and the celts I wouldn't have my hopes up.

OH yea, btw, why does the Zun religion give bonuses to heavy infantry when the cultural retinue of the only people to believe in it is horse archers? Just seems sorta odd, though I get why not giving them bonuses to those already overpowered troop types might not be the best idea.

Also are there any mods that add different starts? While there is a certain joy in consoling things around, differently fractured starts is something I'd really appreciate.

• Locked thread