Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Blackheart posted:

Well, if anything we'll have some pretty neat cars in the movie:

Probably another Autobot.

This is going to be an amazing toy line if they don't cheap out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GD_American posted:

SDCC Metroplex: oh yeah, well worth the premium

Is this thing going to have an exclusive deco or some poo poo? I might just have to get one... or two.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Keldroc posted:

Mission accomplished.

:smuggo:

I have no clue what the hell I need two for, but the guy next to me offered to purchase one (to buy off him) if I did the same for him with the Boba Fett figure they were selling. Starscream looks fantastic next to him:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

Where would be a reliable place to price figures for selling? I just acquired a very huge lot of robits.

Also...^^^ You wouldn't happen to be interested in selling that second one, would you?

I probably will sell it, my co-worker has someone that might possibly be interested and if not sell it to a goon or go the eBay route (depending on how hard Comic Con hit me).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Welp, spent two hours applying stickers to Metroplex stuck some fresh batteries in and... he doesn't work. Tried a different pair of batteries and still nothing, unless there's a tab I need to pull out that I'm missing, I can't enjoy the lights and and sounds of my child's toy. :negative:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

WendigoJohnson posted:

However take a look at this:

I think the regular Metroplex has one of it's arms removed and positioned somewhere else in the box to make it fit in the smaller one in that picture. Most of the SDCC box is bullshit.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How long before the license expires?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Optimist Prime posted:

So TFCC released photos of the painted prototypes for Transmutate and Protoform X but all I want to talk about is MMC's Nova Prime because holy poo poo

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/mastermind-creations-seraph-prominion-nova-prime-178183/

I didn't give a drat about Hexatron but now I need him to sell out, immediately.* Whatever it takes for this thing to get made.

*unless he already did

So it's a Gundam that turns into a shoe?

So I'm probably going to sell my second SDCC Metroplex; I thought I'd offer it to goons before I just throw it on eBay.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Because he's a robot so he can have a interesting and unique silhouette instead of G1's "Man made of cardboard boxes #101"?

Man, I've never seen it summed up so well.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Has any combiner made sense scale-wise? Better yet, has anyone drawn one with all the vehicles in proper scale?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Keldroc posted:

Hasbro proving that you don't have to be third party to charge a hilariously inflated price for a niche product.

You mean a large collector's item with a limited production run is going to be expensive? Who would have thought!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

His face looks like movie Soundwave.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Knormal posted:

I think their Streetwise looks decent, but the I don't like the weird sci-fi bike they chose for Groove. I know they had to do something, since a motorcycle's just not bulky enough to make a good three-mode figure, but what they chose totally clashes with the rescue vehicle theme. I'd rather they just chose some other alt mode altogether. But at least you can't say it's blah I guess.

This owns.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Yeah, I'm some kind of a monster because I'd rather feed a kid vegetables than McDonalds.

:lol:

This has to be a loving joke post.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Arsenal_12 posted:

So there's in hand pictures of the First Edition movie Prime we saw a few weeks ago. It's a little bigger than ROTF Prime and MP10. It is also the ugliest transforming toy you will see today.

This is the ugliest piece of poo poo, god drat, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with the TF4 line. I just wanted a decent Veyron. :smith:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What's the bot next to Whirl in Thew's review during the "gerwalk" part?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Thanks.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Rage posted:

Goddamnit

What's not to love? Big rear end CGI robot blowing poo poo up with reckless abandon and smiling while doing so.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ka0 posted:

The freakin' geek beats kommissar popoff to the first AOE toy review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klJdBXBhmuU

I'll admit the size of Shampootimus Prime impresses me on vehicle mode.

I have no hope for the new line of toys, that sucks.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

While I do think ROTF Prime was pretty ridiculous for a toy, which is why it was awesome, it seems like they went full-bore on dumbing it down. I think they did this to save costs more than anything to be honest, that plastic looks cheap as gently caress.

Can't agree with the chrome though, chrome pretty tacky, chrome and plastic just looks awful.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So when do these things hit stores? I need that Veyron and probably all of the Dinobots.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Keldroc posted:

They are KOs.

Speaking of KOs, how's the quality of them generally? I ordered an ROTF Buster Prime because like hell I'm paying $250+ for one and $90 seems kind of too good to be true considering the pictures posted on the listing.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hopefully it's decent then, if not, oh well, lesson learned.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So I got my Chinese Knock-Off of Buster Prime and god drat I'm impressed by the quality, I honestly can't tell the difference between it and my regular ROTF Prime.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Keldroc posted:

Not that I'm trying to force you to spend money on Metroplex, but he also looks pretty cool in "bending/kneeling to interact with the mere mortals" poses if your shelf is small.

The problem is that only works if you have something to support his leg behind him, he has to be propped up at the knee.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I wonder how many kids don't even know what Soundwaves minions turn into.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm thinking of throwing my SDCC Metroplex up on eBay, if I do would anyone want to buy him in this thread? I thought maybe give goons the first dibs.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Are all the new toys going to be made out of this cheap-looking plastic? I mean, you're saving me money Hasbro but drat.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Those things look like cheap toys you'd get at a dollar store.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

And here's Bumblebee.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

My god those pictures make the mold look infinitely worse. I hate this line.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Blackheart posted:

I refuse to believe that leader T-rex mode isn't mistransformed. I mean why the heck is the upper body that long?

It's apparently part Dachshund.

Blackheart posted:

But silver paint is OK in my book (if properly applied). Chrome is different and almost always looks worse than just metallic-colored paint. It also flakes away like a motherfucker under certain environments.

I'm with you on this, it's complete poo poo, just give me silver paint instead. It's probably cheaper anyway.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Rage posted:

We should have all just walked away from this bullshit when they called Brawl Devastator, and just realized how little they care about this poo poo.

Care about what exactly?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

War/Fall of Cybertron on sale this weekend on Steam for 75% off, definitely worth picking up!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Veg posted:

I think it looks like absolute poo poo and I am baffled why his face is inside a mane of rust.

Because it's a movie where sentient robots with humanoid forms can transform into vehicles we produce for no reason: aesthetic choices by artists to make interesting and recognizable forms. I can't believe people are trying to be logical with this goofy poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lepecard posted:

Anybody want an Optimus Prime that turns into an ornament ink pen?

Honestly, that bot mode is pretty rad.

Yes. Like a motherfucker.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Keldroc posted:

Just when I think the AoE line has shown me the ugliest thing it has to offer, Unpainted Grey Plastic Knight Optimus Prime shows up.

No chrome, so it's 100% better. :v:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I was at Target and browsed the Transformers section, they had a Voyager Grimlock and I picked him up to give him a chance... I.... like him. He looks a lot better in hand and I love the design of the robot and poses you can get. His weapon sucks and I kind of wish he didn't even have it. The bronze color is loving criminal, I hope there's a redeco down that line, hell I'd like him better if he was just various shades of grey and black.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Welp, here's to hoping for a cheap redeco. I don't even care if it's in G1 colors, just something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Keldroc posted:

Why are the AOE Voyagers' instructions from alt mode to robot? They had to know they weren't packaging them like that.

It should be easy to figure out that if follow the diagrams in reverse you'll change modes.