Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Peter Cullen is eighty and has been doing the Prime voice for nearly forty years, let the man rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

My Diaclone Twin Twist appears to have shipped (UK here). So that's nice.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

one big dump of bots for sale

I've been looking at ebay for base prices, but I'm happy to offload to goons for a decent price. I live in the frigid north so that may be a barrier, but feel free to PM me if anything interests, and I'll entertain most offers. Lord knows the gaps are going to be filled with new stuff.

Deffo gonna try and get aftermarket markup on twintwist there, holy lol it goes for 200 on the 'bay.

Twin twist and Misfire both go for a goddamn fortune on ebay.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dabir posted:

And yeah the aftermarket price on Twin Twist is, basically, loving ludicrous. How did that happen?

Same as Runabout I guess, just made less of one of the variants.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Do I want Stunticons or Dinobots? Trying to be responsible. I also need Velocitron Scourge and Cosmos at some point.

Stunticons are fun, the SS86 Dinos are pretty amazing - although I think it's tougher to get hold of Grimlock and Slug now.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Knormal posted:

New upcoming figure leak:
code:
• Tra Gen Legacy EV core Nemesis Prime
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Grimlock
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Bomburst Pr (Core Energon Monster Package refresh)
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Swoop
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Starscream Pr
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Skar
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Snarl
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Shrapnel
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Prowl
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Crosscut
• Tra Gen Legacy Ev Deluxe Junkion 2
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Nemesis Leo
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Ramjet Pr
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Junkion
• Tra Gen Legacy Ev Voyager Bludgeon
We already got regular Ramjet, G2 Ramjet, and Desert Camo Ramjet, someone at Hasbro really likes Ramjet.

Look, Hasbro, I need an arm and a leg for this Menasor and this aint none of those.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Owww, my wallet

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

New Wave Jose posted:

That’s a ugly alt mode

Bayverse cybertronian stuff is all ugly as hell.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

https://shop.royalmail.com/special-stamp-issues/transformers?cid=SC_FY2223_SB_28352982_534723050_63978391

Well this is really odd

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Phy posted:

SS86 is a remold of Thrilling 30 Arcee with a new lower body/back end of the car, instead of Earthrise. And good on em, I always thought her transformation that incorporated her pistol as a structural element was a neat idea.

Earthrise Arcee is also a pretty bad transformer. The robot mode is fine, the vehicle mode is made of kibbly mess and it's super easy to have her limbs poking out the bottom of the car and it just generally isn't fun. SS86 certainly looks better to me but I've not had chance to have a play with one.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

That's fair. I think part of it was Hama was much more invested in it than Budiansky was and Bob probably figured he had to introduce a bunch of new characters anyway so why not keep the old ones on the shelf. Even Budiansky started to pick his favorites, I think, like with Grimlock and Blaster.

Right up to the Underbase saga when he cleaned the board. Even poo poo like the Seacons who had only been introduced that year got melted.

You're right about Hama though, the dude lived and breathed GI Joe, I think he pretty much created all the characters and any that he didn't he didn't use much (I seem to remember Quick Kick wasn't one of his which is why he mostly spent his appearances injured and in a gulag).

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Phy posted:

Even easier when your Seeker is a Conehead. I've been about Ramjet ever since I played him in a MUSH for a few months in university

(this is long enough ago that while the library had relatively modern computers, there were still terminals scattered around campus that could only access the text-based portion of the internet, so like email and usenet and telnet)

Ah, MUSHs. I feel like TF2K5 must still be going, it doesn't seem like something that could ever die.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dabir posted:

For anyone still in Birmingham, the little game shop in the Oasis Market has a G1 Catilla going for 30 quid. Can't verify what's inside it but the shell and its tail are both present. This is the same place I got my intact Jumpstarters. Just picked up a pre-owned ER Starscream there myself.

I assume the inside contains part of the robot and Bludgeon's sword.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

From a few pages back but 2K5 officially closed a couple of years back, it is indeed dead.

Ah, that's sad. Its weird that there was ever a time the Internet could support MULTIPLE places people could roleplay as a transformer.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Beachcomber has always been cool, I look forward to him. But not as much as I do the inevitable Seaspray.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Wildrider’s backpack is way bigger and more awkward than it feels like it should be.

It's REALLY weird, why does it have to have those hinges for the wheels?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Marmaduke! posted:

Eee, Black Zarak for £70 from the Entertainer, I'm really tempted. That's barely a quid per cm of toy...

If I didn't already have Scorponok I'd be really tempted by that. He's a great toy.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Doesn't matter how fast you watch it though, you're still only getting one, maybe two onscreen transformations per episode.

I really wish that show had been better.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dabir posted:

Blackarachnia's transformation in episode 5 was so blatantly cheap I had to rewind and watch it over a few times to be sure I'd just seen it. Transformation sound, flash of light, now she's a spider. Quality poo poo.

I liked Scorponok. One mode, falls down a big hole, transformation sound, robot mode jumps out of hole.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Like the two haven't been linked since the 80s

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

Why does it have all that poo poo around its ankles, is it another animation model thing?

(Sure it'll help stability but it looks utterly appalling, don't think I've seen anything with so much crap just hanging about down there)

Dunno, this whole project mystifies me. Of all the combiners they could have picked for their first MP, they go with this ridiculous chonker.

I guess it's one of the few combiners that hasn't really had a rerelease? Every scramble city one has had at least a couple of goes already, the Predacons and Constructicons got new iterations in the Combiner Wars/Power of the Primes era, it's only the train lads that haven't really been reworked now.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Good Listener posted:

I still want a new Monstructor haha

Considering what a big deal he was in IDW it's kind of odd we haven't had one

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

I thought the DJD were fun, they were introduced as horrible edgelords sure, but then you get that issue where they're back on their ship with Nickel telling them off for the robot equivalent of not eating their greens and doing stretches, Tarn telling them off for not being up to date on their performance reviews and quarterly feedback, and they go from horrible edgelords to a reminder of how banal even the most monstrous evil is most of the time.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

I figure they'll put Fulcrum's head on a figure at some point, maybe with a new alt node.

Yeah just say its whatever he was before he got promoted to K class.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Who would win in a fight, Scooter or Wheelie

Armada Perceptor.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

There's a lot wrong with All Hail Megatron but Devastator being an absolute monster that fucks poo poo up REALLY comes across there. Man, I want a Devastator now.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dabir posted:

Actually cars are smaller than fire hydrants and Bumblebee fits through doors.
https://twitter.com/TF_Moments/status/1579422740594888704

This is like how the autobots found white coats that fit them to disguise themselves as rocket scientists in the first episode

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Sadly, no matter how many wires a young boy eats, he will never become a robot.

I've decided this is Circuit Breaker's origin story now.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

That's a nice looking Hound. Siege Hound is what got me back into the toys properly so I definitely want one.

Also, SS86 Ironhide is a delightful lad, but is anyone else finding that getting the last bit of his vehicle mode to tab in properly is a lot more stiff and awkward than it ought to be?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dabir posted:

You mean clipping the front and the middle together right at the end? That's a bit of a harrowing moment for sure, especially with the clear plastic. But once it's done he holds together fine.

Yeah, it's just getting those clips in there, really feels like you're going to snap something.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

My kids got me Legacy Knockout for my birthday and he's pretty great. Hooray for toys

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

On holiday in Torquay and man there's a weird selection in The Entertainer here. Multiple Lift Tickets, a Netflix packaging Hotlink along with a Megs and Prime, old prime masters...

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dabir posted:

The one in Birmingham has a weird assortment too. A few old Liege Maximos, a few Titan Changers, some recent Core-class, some Kingdom stuff, I think there's Lift Tickets there too. I know Nick from Toy-Fu picked up a ridiculously cheap Black Zarak there a few weeks ago.

Is Siege Springer's backpack supposed to tab in securely? The instructions say you can peg the weapons in there but almost anything is enough to make it flop back down.

Mine pegs in pretty securely but overall I think that toy is ambition overreaching manufacturing tolerances.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dabir posted:

Could be. I remember getting it back into robot mode was weirdly difficult and confusing, especially around the chest. That's one place where the instructions going "now just do it backwards" really don't help.

To clarify, the part I'm having trouble with is here.

That little bit on the black hinge looks like it's supposed to be a tab, and it has a corresponding spot on his vehicle mode cockpit, but there's just no grip there. It's not that anything's missing, because the notch in the cockpit is the exact size and shape of that "peg", but it just seems to rest in it rather than actually holding in place. The grey plate holds in place much better in its vehicle mode configuration, but that leaves Springer with an rear end plate the size of a pizza box.

That's definitely supposed to fold up how you think it should and it does on mine - is yours the Wreckers one? If so I wonder if there's been some change somewhere that makes it fit worse or something.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

I'm away from home but I'll check it when I get back - unless anyone else has the non regular version and can check in the meantime?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

My Wreckers Twin Twist constantly has the hip swivel joint slide off (neatly bisecting the toy) and the legs don't quite lock together neatly in drill tank mode. My original Titans Return Topspin has none of these issues despite being 80% the same mold.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Looking forward to the TFTM Special Edition where Starscream's ghost is standing alongside Rodimus at the end.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

I call them both The Tape Lads and you can't stop me.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

All the humanoid tapes are now Enemy, problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

Straxus alt spotted.

He just wanted to make sure that no one had any special arms.