Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
Arise new Transformers thread.

And, yes. MTMTE is some of the best TF fiction that's been released in a very long time. The trades are a definite buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
if you've got a 3D Printer, you can now make your own Timey-Wimey Optimus Primey:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:106595

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
A few years ago my Mom had ordered me something from TF Source as a Christmas gift. She placed her order mid-November and it still hadn't shipped by the beginning of December. She e-mailed them a few times and they finally responded on the third e-mail when she threatened a charge-back on her credit card. They told her that the shipment was delayed but that she would receive it at the latest a week before Christmas. When the time came, she found out that they had canceled her order without her knowing and never issued a refund. It took until after the New Years to get her refund back from them.

There was also that credit card hack they had a few years back that resulted in people getting fraudulent charges and identity theft.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Goldskull posted:

I might sound simple but who/what is that?

Robots In Disguise Optimus Prime

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Uber Kosh posted:

Thanks for the spoilers, guys!

^^^ Edit: All good! :)

To be fair, this is BSS. If the book has been released, then spoilers are fair game.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
MP22 is going to be Ultra Magnus "Perfect Edition". Based on the MP10 mold, it will come with his trailer and be able to combine with it.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
So, this just got leaked. Linked for possible spoilers:

http://i.imgur.com/0yE6d85.jpg

TF4 Grimlock being ridden by Optimus

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Has anyone ordered from transformerland.com before? Good or bad?

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Comixology is giving away a bunch of free comics here: http://comixology.tumblr.com/geekstagegiveaway

One of them is the collected edition of Transformers: Autocracy.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Pyramidas?

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Other posted:

Webstore exclusive, limited to 1000 Pieces, preorder goes up on June 12th, you're not going to get it

Not with that attitude he ain't!

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The lower right has the scoop from RID grimlock. Just the scoop.

Look again. Animated Grimlock is standing on RiD Grimlock. You can see the treads under his feet.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Awesome! Just snagged one!

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Well, that ain't Masterpiece Prowl...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Rhyno posted:

Whoops.

Yeah, trying to decide if I should keep it or try and send it back.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

The_Doctor posted:

Reading the TFW sightings boards is depressing. I'm in New Orleans and it seems like all the stores along one particular road had Brainstorms and Motormasters and CW legends and Megatrons only a few days ago. Now it's just a wasteland of AoE leftovers and RiD2015 one step changers.

There's actually a pretty big TF Fan community down here, they sell out quick. Robby Musso got me my MP Soundwave.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Day one purchase for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nqo4cwctqg

edit for better hd source

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Steve Vader posted:

So I've only played a little bit of Devastation last night on my 360, and I'm still getting used to the controls. I also keep getting all these weapons, it seems, but I can't figure out how to customize anybody. Do you have to play through the first level as each character before you get to tweak anything?

You have to complete the first chapter to be able to customize and upgrade weapons and stats.

Steve Vader posted:

Also, I saw online that at least a couple of folks besides me had gotten bum preorder codes from Game Stop. Is it common to have a delayed activation date for codes like that for some reason?

I got a bad code from Amazon. I'm going to give it a couple of days to see if it gets sorted out.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Keldroc posted:

VW isn't Porsche. Porsche has been way more staunch about that kind of thing than VW. They are insanely picky about what they do with their brand license.

Porsche is owned by Volkswagen.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I've been organizing my comic collection recently, and I need a little help identifying a signature. I have Regeneration One #80.5, signed by Simon Furman, Stephen Baskerville, Jason Cardy, Andrew Wildman and then there is this fifth signature over on the side that I can't seen to place. Any help? I'm thinking it must be John-Paul Bove, but it doesn't seem to look like any of his other signatures.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the guy from Semisonic fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 11, 2016

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Vincent posted:

Anyone has those panels where Optimus or someone rips their own head off and throws it in the ground?

This used to be my avatar on these forums:

I don't have the full pages available.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
So I got my Steelbook copy of TF:TM 30th anniversary edition today.

It's missing the widescreen disc. It just has the fullscreen disc.

Is this being reported any where else? Are there any other people with the same problem or is it just my bad luck?

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

strangehamster posted:

I have four genuine G2 Bumblebees I'd sell for $40 plus shipping and six genuine Road Rages for $50 plus shipping.

Sent you a PM.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

By the way, strangehamster is good people. Buy stuff from him. He'll treat you right.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
A little explanation for my post. I bought the MP G2 Bumblebee and Road Rage that he was offering and my G2 BB was missing the whole front half of his head. A factory defect I've never heard of before. strangehamster took care of it immediately and not only sent me the missing parts, but he also threw in these cool little mini Constructicon guys.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

TheDK posted:

Really having a hard time figuring out if I want to pre-order this MP Megatron with orange barrel or try to obtain some other way (a con or something?). I imagine it's going to be hard to come by but I'm worried about them ripping open the packaging and loving with the figure. Am I overreacting? Anyone else already pre-order from BBTS?

e: Also $230 is fuckin steep.

If it's in the U.S., it's going to have the orange plug. When I bought MP5 Megatron from BBTS, they treated the figure with care. They know that collectors are going to be very tough on any damages or imperfections. The glue holding the plug in place was a smaller-than-pea-sized amount of standard hot glue. It took very little effort to remove it.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

I'll sign up this year, but your link is for the Doctor Who Thread Secret Santa.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Masterpiece Primal's die-cast mace comes in a tiny banana box. :3:

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

catch22 posted:

How do you get that? I ordered Primal from BBTS and didn't get the mace

Basically what Rhyno said, but BBTS does have it. It was a separate pre-order though.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12328&mode=retail

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
MP Inferno is a goddamned engineering marvel.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I just mailed out my Secret Santa's gift. It should get to you Monday or Tuesday. Hope you like it!

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Cakefarts Carol posted:

I'm tempted by the new masterpiece Megatron despite the hefty price tag. The downside is that inevitable orange plug- is it easy to remove? I seem to remember bbts or tfsource saying 'removing it will cause damage,' about previous megatron figure/kos but is that something they 'have' to say about it for legalese reasons?

My MP-5 Megatron's plug was held in with a tiny spot of hot glue. Did no damage to remove it.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Rythe posted:

I got my secret santa gift in the mail today and I loved it. I was on the fence about Alpha Trion but I love my oddly purple and pink Unicorn/Lion thing. He stands out from the rest of my animal Transformers and looks great, plus that sword is great.

You nailed it with that unique metal 3D figure, I have never seen those before and they are incredible looking. I like toys that make me sit and work for something and the detail is wonderful. I have a feeling I'm going to end up buying a few more in the future.

Thanks again mystery goon, this is my 4th secret santa exchange and it was amazing again.

Glad you like it! This was my first Secret Santa, so I'm glad it was stuff you like. The Metal Earth figure isn't that bad. Take your time with it and maybe watch some videos to familiarize yourself with them. You'll need some decent needlenose pliers, though.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

The_Doctor posted:

Yay new people doing a good job!

Makes up for you getting all the good stuff from the TRU on Veterans before I get there when I'm in town ;)

Hell, I don't even get anything from there. I suspect insider connections going on at that location.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

The_Doctor posted:

I'll get the occasional goodie there. Best thing I got lately was the Miles Morales Marvel Legends figures a few months back, just sitting on a peg.

Oh, I just go for the TFs. I don't really collect much else, besides Comics and Star Trek. :v:

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I got a pretty sweet package from my Secret Santa today!

Thanks, Capt. Rainbowbeard!

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Rythe posted:

Hey the guy from Semisonic I am loving my Metal Earth Megotron, I have the entire lower legs assembled and I am having such a blast with this kit. I have only had to reconstruct one part with hot glue due to bad instructions and my own dumb fault. Thanks again for the great gift.

I won $100 gift card to Walmart at my holiday party so I am going to use a chunk of it to buy all the Metal Earth Transformer kits for a upcoming trip.

Haha, they have all 4 sets at my local comic shop. I should have loaded you up on those! :v:

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Hey, Capt. Rainbowbeard, thanks again for the gift! I just got a chance to open them up and have a look. Brainstorm is awesome, and he's my favorite color!

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
RIB-FIR her pleasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I had a pretty decent mix of G1 and Gobots when I was little. I didn't care that they weren't "real" transformers and I just randomly assigned each dude to either Autobots or Decepticons since I didn't know who was supposed to be good or bad. Every single one of the Gobots broke.