Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Centripetal Horse posted:

There's a lot about this guy that usually rubs me the wrong way, starting with his extreme brocosity. However, his good-natured willingness to be the butt of the joke has really won me over. I'm not convinced this a viable long-term career for the man, though.

LA Beast is not a guy I would want as a friend (and he would probably say the same about me) but as a source of YoouTube videos he is great. I will mourn his inevitable early death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyhG_DvWpk4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Did you just respond to a post from nearly 100 pages back.

Still worth it.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Dienes posted:

Considering how many times that raging oval office shoved the cat's face underwater and hit it, that was some satisfying payback to see.

I feel bad for the poor kitty, and she didn't know how to handle the cat, didn't do any research, and basically approached it all wrong, but I think you're being a bit harsh.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Wilford Cutlery posted:

It is, even though the fur sticks to your tongue.

I get this reference!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Caedus posted:

All I can do is point out how volatile the value itself is and that the main bitcoin exchange is a Magic the Gathering website with a 5+ year waiting list to withdraw. People are so enamored with the idea of a cryptocurrency they don't realize bitcoin is a terrible one and will throw money at it.

In fact, MtG:ox went under last week, because someone had been stealing from them for years and they didn't even notice.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I watched it with the sound off and it was bad. Then I watched the first 45 seconds again with the sound on and it was less bad. I think the first watching destroyed me.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

ChickenOfTomorrow has a new favorite as of 18:03 on Mar 30, 2014

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Stargate posted:

God drat, every time I'm reminded of Bill Dance I can't help but cry laughing. The universe really didn't want him to make his fishing show, but he's so good natured about it all that you can't feel bad for laughing.

I can't find it now, but there's a clip of him where he's riding a lawnmower or quad bike towards the water and he goes behind a tree, you hear a crash and then it's him rolling out the other side alongside whatever he was riding. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I remember it being the funniest one.

It's in this compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoQIljOKwpo

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Even more schadenfreude.

The schadenfreude coming from in the thread now is that I have Elton John's Tiny Dancer stuck in my head.

Oh, is that the one that goes "hold me closer, Tony Danza"?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

They don't actually wear suits when they show up to your house, trust me. :sigh:

Parents, this is why you don't let kids watch the Bourne movies.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Three-Phase posted:

Dropping a million dollar boat? How about a train?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvyIrsZ7Zhs

...as if millions of foamers suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Dead Blue Sky posted:

I'm impressed she made it that far with those heels.

Ya can use spike heels like ice picks.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Do we have an active thread about CoS? I remember one in GBS in '08...

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Samizdata posted:

I'm sending it back.

It's cold.

Souper.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

What am I seeing here? I'm guessing a nutshot, but I can't make it out.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Nibbles! posted:

They're super common here in Australia. They're mean looking but they can be handy to keep around. They'll eat smaller spiders and other pests like cockroaches, and they're pretty timid so they'll generally stay out of your way.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

reporting that they "are still angry at Jordan for not coming back," knowing that the plantation was in serious disrepair after the war.

Jesus christ what a grudge to pass down through generations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

"Never loan your car to those Duke boys," she said. I wish I'd listened.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Canemacar posted:

Looks like the opening scenes to a remake of Hitchcock's The Birds.

The Turds.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Mr Havafap posted:

I didn't understand a single thing of that sentence?

Then again I don't understand Bitcoins either, other than I should've gotten in on this totally-not-a-pyramid-scheme from the beginning, so I would've been unable to trade them for real money today anyway?

If I wanted to throw money I away I can just give it to some investors and they do it for me, this seems like too much effort.

Butterfly Labs (BFL) pre-sold bitcoin mining machines.

Buttcoin, a blog that highlights the idiocy of bitcoiners, included articles very critical of BFL and the "broken piece[s] of poo poo" they sold.

Someone bought buttcoin and changed all the anti-BFL articles to be pro-BFL. The buyer was later discovered to be Jeff Ownsby, PR for BFL.

Buttcoin may or may not have been among the BFL assets seized by the FTC. Either way, Jeff cannot stop killhamster from posting about the ongoing FTC case.

Hope that helps.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Whatever it takes not to have a bunch of snotty brats running around.

:dance:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Johnny Aztec posted:

Go read up on snakes before you lose your poo poo anymore. A snakes head doesn't look anything like a skink, and beyond that, there are very few snakes you have to watch out for.
Cottonmouths aren't likely to just shimmy into your kitchen anyway.

You are probably one of those pricks who kill a grass snake or a rat snake because OH MER GERD AH SNAKE

He lives in Australia. Being afraid of nature is the only survival skill he has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

he just keeps going

• Locked thread