Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Adam Kensai posted:

These are charming, I've never been tempted by a playing card KS before.

Yea I normally don't back stuff like it but I'm in for the basic 'get the deck and button and poo poo' tier because really those are lovely cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I almost wish you just turned into the skid of absurdity and just started calling them Space Barines and Elfar or something.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Weird Wars: Rome has just 22 hours left and has slaughtered it's stretch goals like a gladiator. If you like Weird Wars and want a more ancient view of the WW2 dominated concept, back this poo poo.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/weird-wars-rome-savage-worlds

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thedandmom posted:

Deck of Legends just broke $10k and achieved the Poker Sized deck option. There are less than 24 hours remaining at this point and we're still a bit far off from the adventures compatible with 13th Age.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thedandmom/deck-of-legends

So to be clear if we pledged for just one deck, when surveys come out we can chose poker sized right?

If so your stuff will most likely replace my normal RPG card deck (which is just a normal card deck) for games that use them like Deadlands.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I had a friend say the World of Darkness Demon KS was starting tomorrow, that true?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea 5 bucks for a cute little D20 pin is perfect, sold.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

jammu posted:

I'm not shocked that people find Body horror disturbing. That's actually genres intent.
And the Scribes Bookholder does have head. It's just used as lampholder, with spineish thing connecting it to the body.

--

Super Dungeon Explorer looks promising, I'll have to check it out.

I don't think you understand anything about what body horror is. I mean, you're basically doing what every fan of body horror hates, using 'uh it's SUPPOSED TO BE GROSS DUR' as an excuse to defend lovely body horror. If I made a 'body horror' movie of a dude just pulling his eyes out with parasites crawling in them and puking blood it would, technically, be body horror I guess, but it'd also be lazy and stupid.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

jammu posted:

I'm not a genre purist, but when isn't fleshcrafted monstrosities and/or victims not body horror? That's pretty much the whole Shtick of the setting & miniature line. That and boobies (not part of body-horror, except to the horribly repressed).

Because body horror, on paper, has a point beyond being gross. Like, it's gross to prove a point, to create a concept of fear of your own body, the idea that the most constant thing in your world could in theory be turned against you. Like, Alien is a great body horror thing, because the whole point of things like chestbursters and all isn't just 'ew nasty' it's to create the dread that these creatures could be incubating in you and no matter how strong and tough you are, you can't fight a razor toothed worm ripping itself out of your guts.

That or go the Dead Space or The Fly route where the human body gets perverted. The human body gets twisted so you can look at that figure and recognize human bits, which makes it even worse when the shambling mass of flesh and bone wants to eat your skull. You want to empathize with the humanity you see in it but can't get around the fact that it's behaving decidedly inhumanly.

These minis are like if the entirety of Aliens was just chestbursters with no context.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spincut posted:

The Kickstarter for Ryuutama, the Japanese exploration-based RPG, ends in 48 hours. If the artwork looks that way for the entire book, I think I'll probably put down the whole $50 for the physical book plus all supplements, because the art is gorgeous.

I'm in for 50 and have no regrets.

Also, I'm also in for 60 bucks for a loving Megaman boardgame so, ya know, take my advice as you will.

But ye Ryuutama looks delightful, it's magic Japanese Oregon Trail.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

8one6 posted:

So this just launched a few minutes ago and I'm pretty excited about it: Iron Edda: War of Metal and Bone.
It's a Fate-Core based Norse mecha setting where warriors bond themselves to the bones of giants to fight dwarven mecha. I interviewed the designer for my podcast and he has done a lot of planning and work on this. He has lined up a ton of fantastic designers for stretch goals like Paul Stefko, Cam Banks, and Joel Sparks. I especially like the way he's handling scale. And it has some great art.

After watching the video of him and his friends playing it I'm pretty firmly down. Never really used Fate before but this seems like something cool and unique enough to get my group into it with.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

My reading is that the $25 level lets you buy it at-printing-cost from DTRPG, so you'll still be paying for printing the book and shipping after paying the $25.

I think you get a coupon for printing on demand, so you just pay for shipping when you do it. It's a better deal for the EU people because DTRPG is in London.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Bummed out that the Dwarfs of Midgard is so high on the list it most likely won't be hit unless something nuts happens. Still, if I can use a suit made of giant bones or rune magic to go all Attack on Titan against a dwarf in a mech, I'm happy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Swagger Dagger posted:

I got my hardcopy of Golden Sky Stories + bonus material today, it is the best.

Mine came today, it's a legit great little book. Soft cover and flexible but still well built. Great production values.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo slid in last minute for Tiny Epic Kingdoms, what a great deal for 25 bucks.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Peas and Rice posted:

Did you enjoy the Marvel OverPower CCG? Then you might like the Marvels OverPower Expansion!

He definitely understands licensing:

This window licker's gonna get taken to the cleaners and I love it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LLSix posted:

Looks tempting! Has anyone played it/know if the game is fun?

It's great. It takes no time to learn and plays super fast and smooth.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
God I hate when people like him try to write historical style settings. Does he think we were loving cavemen for most of our history?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I remember when in the 11th century we were living like...

Well I hate to keep repeating it but literal cavemen. This is literally describing primal, sub-human, lifestyles as if they're a part of our development as a culture.

edit: I do love his "Well I'M gonna call them Dark Ages no matter what those 'historians' say" thing. Like, the point of people moving away from that term is it is actually super not accurate and mainly used to act like either Europe was the center of all advancement and thus when it was at a low period the world was, or to vastly overblow the idea of 'religion keeping science down' or whatever to act like nothing was discovered or expanded during the time. He's scoffing at people not using the term because he wants to wallow in the absolute worst, disgusting, misinterpretations of that time.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 16, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I assume he left out the detail that Sarah's one of those homeschooled kids who spent all her childhood in a basement under florescent lights, so pretty much leaving the house 'gets the blood pumping'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SnowDog posted:

In an attempt to break this derail I will link the Bacterionomicon, a fantasy bestiary of bacteria and the antibiotics that fight them.

Puts a stupid grin on my face for some reason.

Oh god I am so loving in.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Scyther posted:

Imagine a dungeon crawling game like Descent where rather than rolling dice, looking at stats, and moving across a grid, you instead take aim and send your barbarian flying across the board to slam into the skeleton archer. Each player character and monster disc has their own little special abilities. If this sounds too silly or childish to you, you probably won't be into it, but if the concept sounds cool I don't think you'll be disappointed (assuming they don't gently caress up the kickstarter royally, but they have experience publishing the game and three expansions in the past so I'm pretty confident they won't.)

I'm trying not to sound like a total shill here but it's one of my favorite games, even with the butt-ugly original art. Shut Up & Sit Down (among others) liked it too.

Oh this is that game where you literally throw your units at monsters and the 'special abilities' are poo poo like 'the barbarian can get flicked twice if it knocks a dude over' and all?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea reminder if you look at the KS and think 'neat but too much' remember this is the fancy version for us nerdlords who already adore this game. You should totally check out a basic copy of the vanilla game and get it (I'm almost positive those are reasonably priced), it's a wonderful, chill, game that's super easy to learn and can be played with anyone at all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mystic Mongol posted:

So we're looking at 130 dungeons, then?

Time to prep for Dungeon World, I s'pose.

I'm gonna make a literal world of dungeons.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think he means games a distracted parent won't ruin, and this fits the bill.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

signalnoise posted:

Child present. Last time one of them participated, it pretty much killed the game (Catan). Her mom went to the bathroom, so she picked up the cards holding them face out, then tried to trade with her dad. IT WASN'T EVEN HER TURN!!!!! :shobon:

There are a good amount of tokens, so that needs to be watched with a baby around, but yea having her around likely won't screw the game up.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

homullus posted:

Assuming they're right about 20% going to fulfillment and taxes, it's $400k, or about $27,000 an episode. If I were a competent makeup person, lighting designer, script supervisor, post-production producer, sound guy, sound editor, whatever, I'd want money for working on a whole season of a show. Just assume each episode takes only a single day; it's not that weird to imagine somebody competent wanting over $1000 for half a month's work.

I'm not a fan of the show, but shows cost money.

Seriously the inevitable '$X?! WHAT A RIPOFF HOW IS THAT THE COST' posts for things like this always just translate to 'I'm assuming people work for free right and taxes don't exist?'. Like, the show is part of a network that's got a bunch of poo poo in it it's not just them putting a video camera on the table.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Memnaelar posted:

His blog by itself is pretty much a textbook on Kickstarting games. I'd suggest just reading that before you go into asking him (or, really, anyone else) questions.

http://stonemaiergames.com/kickstarter/

That looks like a really cool read. Like, I'm gonna, at best, skim it but that's good that there's some resource that's just this big tome of Kickstarting given how big it's gotten.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mehuyael posted:

March of the Ants is an empire building game, but with ants! You explore new locations (hexes), expand your territory, and evolve your species in an effort to become the most successful Ant Colony in the meadow.

This game really grabbed me. I'm getting a similar feeling as to what I got when I first saw Lagoon. Of course that doesn't mean anything, but hey, good enough for me. It looks cool.

Also the first SG will introduce another social animal as a mini-expansion; backers will vote between spiders, bees, and beetles.

This is right up my alley and 35 bucks is very reasonable 'get the game and stretch goals' for it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I think most know despite the games he's associated with being some of my all time favorites I'm no Wick fan (I think in the last F&F thread I implied I'd like Wick to choke on his own cock at one point?), that said the concept is really cool and I had no problem kicking in 25 bucks to see that. Like Dwarf said maybe I'll have a moment of 'what the gently caress am I doing this is Wick we're talking about this is gonna suck dick' and drop down to 5 but I can see why this concept appeals to RPG nerds regardless of the name behind it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Adept Nightingale posted:

This hits some median between "really silly" and "really fun" that I like: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/east-texas-university-savage-worlds

Not too familiar with Savage Worlds, though I wouldn't have pegged it as a rules base for an urban fantasy/horror style game.

This is such a stupid, weird, niche, idea.

I'm in.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Mastermind posted:

So Wield has two days left; has anyone backed this and seen how the game looks? I'm interested but still kinda leery.

It's a really interesting game, that's all I can really say. Don't back it unless you have a real life group who'd be into it though, the combat is entirely based on holding up fingers and pointing and all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I told myself I wasn't gonna back the new BattleCON but then I did, I have too many cool board games coming but this is basically tailor made for me and my friends.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bosushi! posted:

The $200 level will give you all the characters.

The $240 level includes the EX characters but those are more for screwing around with and they're probably not balanced too well.

Go to fantasystrike.com and you can try the game out for free to see if you're even interested.

I gotta ask not to start poo poo or anything but why should I, a dude who likes fighting games a lot and loves card fighting without stupid CCG aspects, pledge 200 bucks to this when BattleCon is like 80 bucks for everything me and my friends would need? Like, is there some massive jump in quality that I'm not seeing as a casual observer?

What is these dude's deal, I guess is what I'm asking because I'm not aware of them or the drama or all that crap.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

7thBatallion posted:

Final 24 hours for the Dungeon Dice expansion. If you got the base game, it's $25 for the expansion, which has 40 something dice, new class dice, and of we make the goal, a transparent Gelatinous Cube.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/293287047/dungeon-dice-guilds

I had no idea this was a thing but this got me in at the 69 dollar level, great concept and my group will adore it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Speaking as a fan of co-op games, I also felt pretty meh about it on first glance. But I was bored and watched the review of a prototype being played, and it actually looked pretty good. I printed out the Print & Play components this evening, and was able to get a game in. It does feel pretty solid for what it is... Kind of a perfectly distilled to the basics co-op experience that reminded me a lot of Pandemic.

Given that it plays so quickly and everything is available for free, I recommend co-op fans trying it out.

There's a little groggy part of me that wants to be all 'eh why are they doing another KS I don't have my TEK game yet eeeeeeh!' but these guys seem to know their poo poo and I too hosed around with the pnp version with my friends and we had a great time, so I'm in for this too.

Also this game can cause some Pandemic level arguments for sure, the phrase 'goddamnit hurt yourself and come help me out' got tossed around a decent bit by the end of the game. I love the slow burn that comes from constantly adding more monsters to the horde, it really captures the 'heroes with their backs against the wall' feeling. It's kinda amazing that a tiny meeple game got the whole Helms Deep feeling that a lot of way bigger games failed at.

edit: It helps that the prices are very reasonable, 25 bucks for the game+the KS bonus+the inevitable pile of stretch goals that'll flood this like TEK is a very fair price.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 21, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gau posted:

I love the idea for the game, but why is the delivery set to March of next year?

Well you know what they say, better late than never.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dr. Clockwork posted:

My friends' game Penny Press is in the final 6 days and they just need a little bit more to hit their stretch goal and include the Newsboy meeple expansion in every copy of the game!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/asmadigames/penny-press

Jesus christ this is a game that's perfect for me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Fixed that for you.

Yea you gotta be clear on this because there are already a few super good fighting game card games, but a sweet rear end neon-grunge-punk-street trash style Streets of Rage card game is awesome.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

KimotaBoom posted:

No Soul Left Behind

It's a campaign for the demon fueled supervillian game Better Angels where you're all teachers/students/ect in the same school. There's an actual play of the whole thing on RPPR that's pretty great.

Oh this is delightful. Better Angels is one of my favorite 'super-hero' games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Little_wh0re posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gshowitt/goblin-quest-a-tabletop-rpg-of-fatal-ineptitude Goblin Quest is written by a good friend of mine and is well worth checking out.

This is wonderful.

Demon_Corsair posted:

Cross posting this from apocworld thread

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ndpaoletta/world-wide-wrestling-rpg-pro-wrestling-action-dram

Probably going to back this even if I never get to actually play it.

As is this.

• Locked thread