Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Welp. I don't know where to go from here.

I think you should click the cookie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Haha holy poo poo, I just got a Clicking Frenzy while under the regular Frenzy. 23 billion cookies per click, sure why not.

Getting Lucky would have done a lot more for me but adding two trillion to my hand-made cookies is still pretty cool.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Cameron posted:

So now all I can do is buy super expensive upgrades and time machines at this point. What else can I do?

You can click the cookie.

FOREVER.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Hardtarget posted:

So can somebody explain to me what milk actually does?! Mine is currently chocolate.

The kitten upgrades increase your CPS based on how much milk you have.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

LibbyM posted:

Now that everything takes forever to do even one upgrade to cursors, I'm pretty done with this game. Had fun for a few days letting it run and checking back every now and then to buy stuff. Now there's very little satisfaction in leaving it running all day while I'm at school or work, and coming home to see that I can almost buy one thing.

Towards the end it becomes an actual game again; you need to click golden cookies to get anywhere.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Svartvit posted:

"Actual game" is a little over the top. It becomes more of a chore. Something you do because you have an empty hole in life to fill.

/ Mr. 200 cursors & 98 time machines

Well obviously that's what I meant.

Excuse me for a moment I have to go click some cookies.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

weavernaut posted:

I have 1 time machine, 2 portals, 4 alchemy labs, etc. all the way up to 128 grandmas. What am I missing here?

128 cursors.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Superanos posted:

I tried selling all my grandmas to stop the grandmapocalypse, and it works, but the grandmatriarchs become angered again as soon as I buy a grandma back :(

I don't want to give up 5% of my cps! Is it really the only choice?

Just...buy the Elder Pledge. It caps out at a little over 500 billion and that should be chump change by the time you get there anyway.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Jibo posted:

Nah, I've only done one regular reset to get the three original reset achievements and the never clicks. I think I might try resetting again to see if maybe it got lost somewhere along the way.

Just to be sure, that first reset was AFTER the Heavenly Chips were added in, right?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Is it a better idea to get Get Lucky as soon as I can buy it, or should I stockpile even more cookies so that I can get the full benefit of a frenzied lucky bonus even after I buy it?

As soon as you pass the point where it caps now Get Lucky will be improving your cookie production, and even until then you're still doubling the amount of time Frenzy lasts. There's literally no reason not to buy Get Lucky as soon as you can afford it.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I'm unable to see what that google thing is since for some reason it's loading in Russian or someshit, but it sounds like it's different from what I'm using so I'll mention it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73817062/cookies/cookies.html

It can import the save directly so you don't have to manually enter everything in, and all of the numbers are accurate. Pretty handy!

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

ScienceAndMusic posted:

So I have Get Lucky now. If I get a x7 gold cookie, and then another x7 gold cookie, will they stack to make a x49?

No, multiplier cookies just set the multiplier to whatever they are, they don't stack.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

ScienceAndMusic posted:

So whats the point of get lucky! :smith:

Does it increase teh amount I get when I just get the flat bonus cookies?

Yes, that's exactly the point of Get Lucky.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

oldgoatmon posted:

Does anyone following this closer than I am have any more info on the updates? I'm thinking about doing a 3rd restart as I have 30+ quintillion cookies already and it's getting too long to get buildings again. New material would nice.

Dungeons have taken him longer than he thought it would be he's still working on it.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Requested_Username posted:

So now with the heavenly chip system, is it still impossible to get 100 time machines without cheating?

It...never was?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Oblivion590 posted:

The builder will stoke the fire for you if it would otherwise go out.

WOW what the gently caress. The only reason I'm not still playing that is I thought it needed constant upkeep.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Mariposa posted:

I had the bright idea of just not buying anything for a while, and abusing the fact that every other golden cookie gives you a fixed percentage of what you already have. But that cuts off at a certain point, and I ended up maxing out at like 200,000,000,000 per golden cookie. What loving cookie banker decided to cut off my interest payments?

The lump payment is either 10% of your total cookie count or 20 minutes of your current CPS production, whichever is lower. Gonna have to start buying poo poo again if you want to get more.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Jadaris posted:

Does one of those spreadsheets have a way to tell you how many total cookies baked you'll get up to if you sell off and rebuy all your buildings, added to the total you've already baked? Basically, I want to know when is a good time to reset.

This one shows the total you've spent on every building, just multiply that by .7 and then keep doing math.

But that's not actually helpful to your real question at all because a good time to reset is whenever you feel like resetting, it's not an exact science.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Khanstant posted:

OK, so ending the grandmapocalypse buy selling all grannies basically negates it without the -5% CPS?

If you sell all of your fully-upgraded grannies you're going to lose a lot more than 5% of your CPS

Neither of them are actually good solutions because either you're clicking golden cookies in which case you should buy the elder pledge or you're not in which case you should just let the Grandmapocalypse go because it doesn't actually do anything.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

That loving Sned posted:

So, the next upgrade is 11 hours away. I think I'm done with this game.

Click golden cookies and 11 hours becomes 20 minutes.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

D34THROW posted:

Can't remember what upgrades I'm missing this time though. I've got up to the pink upgrades on everything and all the Elder upgrades so...

There are four upgrades that you unlock by making X cookies by hand.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Sudoku posted:

Okay, how the hell do the new heavenly chips work? What determines how many heavenly chips I'll get?

They aren't worth as much any more but they don't require you to forfeit as many cookies to get them.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Total cookies you've baked across all resets.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

gco posted:

K these octogenarians have been enraged for over an hour and my only available upgrades are a seventh elder pledge or the elder covenant, which I've already toggled before finding out it doesn't do anything. Do I have to keep doing these elder pledges until the cost maxes out or something?

If you're able to buy the elder pledge/covenant you should already have all of the grandma upgrades. Did it just pop up for you after you bought One Mind or what?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

gco posted:

Is it impossible to have 2x 7x frenzies at the same time?

Yeah, multipliers don't overwrite each other, they just stack.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

FelixReynolds posted:

Oh sweet baby jesus...

Tried to get the new update, and been stuck on this page for a whole 24 hours...with no cookies. :shepicide:

Javascript is enabled, and the refresh button doesn't work, and my cookies...they're probably so lonely right now.

Keep pushing the refresh button until it works.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Citycop posted:

Achievements... 91/92

But there's only 91

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

88 + 4 shadow achievements.

Oh, I didn't realize that counter included shadow achievements.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

But. :psyduck:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Spoilers it's "Striped equine gonads"

I am admittedly curious why it was necessary to include that in the list.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Haha, the Fire Emblem character designer drew Grandma.

Cookies are taking over the world.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

How do you only have a zillion cookies when you're baking at a rate of infinity per second? :colbert:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Germstore posted:

I have a little under three days to go one kitten overseer with the three 100T-1 cookies on the way. That's not too bad (kill me).

Skip the multiplier cookies and just golden cookie chain your way up to 900T for the Kitten Overseers. It'll pretty much double your CPS instantly, so the cookies will come much faster.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Too many cookies?

What would your grandmother say? :colbert:

Why is she saying anything when she's supposed to be baking cookies?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Rincewind posted:

How can I tell how many Heavenly Chips I'll get on reset?

Export save, reset, import save if you want more.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Cheez posted:

I'm convinced orteil is at least partly retarded, because he is not designing this game in the way I think he should.

It is time to stop clicking the cookie.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Cheez posted:

Calling orteil retarded and farms bad is far from overreacting.

Yeah no calling a guy retarded because he doesn't want to make his game the way you want him to is pretty hardcore overreacting.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

You're incredible.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Because it is. Go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If I reset with 100 quadrillion cookies how many chips will I get?

You know, you really don't have to do math or ask or look it up or anything. Just export the save and reset. If you decide you don't have enough, import the save and continue onward.

• Locked thread