Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Consummate Professional posted:

I think it's fair to say most people in the military have no more idea what's happening than the average person watching the news.

On the enlisted side, for sure. Officers above company grade should, in theory, have a grasp of current events.

Rencall posted:

Wake up, sheeple....

Anyone that uses that phrase should be ignored from that point forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.mindetox.com/mother_executed_for_wrong_turn.html

If anyone was looking for a new conspiracy for this week, here's a good one.

quote:

DC MOTHER EXECUTED FOR TAKING THE WRONG TURN

A mother driving with her one year old child rammed some barricades near the White House and her actions show she was trying to get the hell away from the scene, not attack anyone. She had no weapons.
She was shot dead and we will probably never know why she did it, although we can't rule out some brainwashing planting of evidence by the police to steer our minds into the direction they want in order to construct a fantasy to cover their asses.

I'm not sure who this Rafael Zambrana dude is, but he sends out some amazing emails (and also really seems to like Dees :psyduck:)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Anyway, has Bob Tuskin been mentioned in the thread? He popped up since he got wrecked by Chomsky at a recent event and was even nice enough to post video of it with a pithy description.

http://www.bobtuskin.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i9ra-i6Knc

He's also got some very awesome headlines on his site, but it's surprisingly lacking in water purification and seed bag ads.

BREAKING: JFK SS Agent's Death Bed Confession

30,000 more people freed from water fluoridation after Australian town rejects poison

BITCOIN value jumps after mostly positive Senate hearing

'I AM THE LIVING MAN PROTECTED BY NATURAL LAW!' YOU ARE PROBABLY GOING TO WANT TO WATCH THIS EPIC COURT TESTIMONY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbVWY_dQQoc

Why do sovereigns always dress like Civil War rein-actors or pilgrims?

edit

http://www.infowarhorse.com/? Do we really need another Alex Jones wannabe site?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Iron Man 3 blew the lid off of that story, but it was too subtle for the sheeple to understand.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FuzzySkinner posted:

So I stumbled onto this article:

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/bundy-ranch-uncensored?src=soc_twtr

Which included this picture:

Which led me to this jumbled HTML tinfoi hat of a website.

http://stopthecrime.net/

....how in the gently caress is this even explainable??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oFmRYfMV10

At least Alex Jones figured out how to edit videos down to a reasonable length. This stuff is ridiculous. (And the site is covered in DEES comics. Of course it is)

Also, I'd love to have been around the feds sitting there watching those idiots play soldier. That had to have been one of the funniest things they'd ever seen.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Totally buying this coffee for some of my friends, saw it when I was in Austin last time but didn't have any cash on me.

I wonder if it tastes better without fluoridated water?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SlurmsMckenzie posted:

I know this happened a little while ago, but I'm curious where this ranks on the spectrum. The circumstances surrounding the death of Michael Hastings would make anybody question what actually happened right? Or was it simply a crazy paranoid man driving incredibly recklessly, running a red light at high speed?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3492339

Don't overcomplicate things. Sure, the CIA could have killed him, but is there any evidence at all? Like, actual evidence. Not feel good evidence.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SocketWrench posted:

I tend to not pay these any mind, they're a jumble of insanity and leaps of logic made on idiocy that's not worth unscrambling to understand what's being said.
I'm all for hearing opposing views, but for god's sake, put some sanity into the presentation

But its got arrows.

Elysiume posted:

Is Flo Rida on there just because Flo Rida/Florida sounds sort of like fluoride? Is this a serious image?

You can't parody these things, it's impossible. It's safest to assume they're all real, cause even the parodies are real for someone.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 29, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lightning Jim posted:

One of the things I find funny about the fluoride thing is that Alex Jones' father is a dentist. Who obviously uses Fluoride as part of his practice.

That's why we don't need it in the water. Less business for the dentists.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Davros1 posted:

My mother refuses to use table salt because she read somewhere online that it's poison.

Can't argue with that logic.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
It's pretty recent for Jones, he used to just sell DVDs. He started getting sponsored by water filtration companies and seed packs, then figured he should get in on the snake oil bandwagon. Smart move, at least from his perspective. He's just giving his audience what they want, much like any cult leader.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

No loving way did they actually make a music video about this. That's amazing.

Butts McGee posted:

What really makes the SOS video is that it's made by the Family International. These guys. Also prolific child abusers and abductors. Poke around the site, they're straight up crazy.

• Home » Children of God Publications » Cool Tips for Hot Sex!

sounds promising :pervert:

wait, nevermind. Don't look at the "more erotic" section (it's at the bottom). That South Park episode about Christian Rock has nothing on this. :gonk:

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 17, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

QuarkJets posted:

I'm hoping that it will have the reverse effect. Find something absolutely ludicrous, show him the minimum burden of proof that he has required for things like magic internet wands, and then say "look at what a low burden of proof might lead someone to believe"

Doesn't work that way. They don't want any of these things to be false, they'll only go deeper if you challenge them.

Evil Fluffy posted:

You don't cure crazy by throwing an insane person in the shallow end and say LOOK SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO NOT GET WET?!

The pool analogy works here as well.

Otherwise, just tell them that they're insane and just as bad as the Jesus Camp people.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The only thing that has changed the people I've known to be big conspiracy nuts has either been its effect on their job/livelihood, or getting into a relationship with someone that isn't scared to tell them that they're bring ridiculous.

It doesn't work on the serious cases, though, that's as hard as getting someone to renounce religious beliefs.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Wasn't the rebel leader saying that dead bodies were planted on the plane to make them look bad and then they went and stole all the bodies for themselves?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Werewolves were created by the Assamite to help cover for the Malkavian's constant issues. Having a fake moon was necessary for the myth to work.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

thrakkorzog posted:

If you're that shocked, you should read up on the McMartin preschool trials which was literally a witch hunt. It involved allegations of Satanism, ritualistic orgies, child sacrifice, black masses, the whole shebang. The state of California was willing to spend millions of dollars on investigating and prosecuting a witch hunt, back in ye olde times of 1990.

So the US basically learned nothing from the Salem witch trials. Good to hear.

edit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_care_sex_abuse_hysteria

:suicide:

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 28, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Seventh Arrow posted:

hm ok yes but what about the reptilian illuminati

Conspiracy Thread: hm ok yes but what about the reptilian illuminati

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Everything is a conspiracy, if you try hard enough.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

platedlizard posted:

Did you at least tell him first that the CDC has had samples of Ebola in the US for decades before you unfriended him? I want to know what the conspiracy nut response to that is.

I dunno, I saw that Walking Dead episode when they were at the CDC and it confirms my theory that Obama is behind giving ebola to all the wealthy white landowners.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Barlow posted:

It's kind of like Skull and Bones and Bilderberg, it's an organization that networks powerful people including national and world leaders. Because that's the obvious purpose of the organization though there really isn't any "conspiracy" to it.

That's what makes Jones so silly. Rich and powerful people meeting up to talk about ways to become more rich and powerful isn't really all that unusual, so he's got to add some level of insanity and mystery to keep people listening.

The most absurd part of course being that only Jones knows all these secrets and is able to blast them out worldwide for three hours a day for like twenty years without anyone stopping him.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
If only they had planted them before building the WTC, then there would've been a steel stalk there to hold the buildings up.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Execu-speak posted:

My brother is a truther and no amount of logic about the physics of how thermite works or how absurd an amount would need to have been covertly concealed in the building to bring it down will sway him.

It's like any conspiracy. You can't change their mind until they're ready, no evidence will ever suffice.

Like with JFK. Seems like Oswald was the only shooter and there was no action on the grassy knoll, but no way in hell will most people accept it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I don't see any gold fringe on those flags, not a real sovereign citizen.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Begemot posted:

Fluoride is highly poisonous, but only in quantities vastly larger than are in water/toothpaste. But that is why you're not supposed to swallow your toothpaste.

But how else will I clean my lungs?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SocketWrench posted:

I honestly wonder if they would make up a conspiracy claiming cigarettes are healthy because the government says they're bad? Hell, I'm almost tempted to spend some time making one up just to troll
I can definitely see one based around the SG's warning being the reason people are swapping to E-cigs or something that are secret government CIA tools

Maybe Obama's anti-smoking campaign should've been for him to just keep smoking. If Michelle encouraging people to drink more water turns into the right running stories about the danger of drinking water, imagine how much it would help curb smoking!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Sorry to interrupt liver chat, which I had no idea was a thing, but the crisis actor people are back

http://blackbag.gawker.com/james-foleys-sister-was-not-a-crisis-actor-probably-1628482593

Are we at the point where it's now just an internet competition to come up with faces that look alike for every news story? It doesn't even seem like a conspiracy thing anymore.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
So they saw Karl Rove's people destroy Dan Rather over Bush's Vietnam record and they though, "Man, I need to get me some of that!"

watho posted:

Conspiracy theorists basically believe that the more people there are who try to disprove their their theories, the more merit it has because "shills" are being more aggressive or something.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 2, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

transethnic
transspecies
truscum
cishet
demiromantic

Someone needs to update the SAclopedia, I have no idea what's going on here.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

muscles like this? posted:

The "birther" movement has to be the worst conspiracy because there is literally no other reason behind it than racism. He's black and doesn't have an "American" name so obviously he isn't American. Of course it wouldn't even matter if he actually was born in Kenya because his mother was an American citizen.

Yes but it is about the most clever way for them to pretend they're not racist that I could think of.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I can't be racist, I voted for Alan Keyes!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SedanChair posted:

None of those countries were being discussed. I was being Afro-centric (because of racism).

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

duz posted:

Less unstable crazy people making nonsensical arguments and more unstable crazy people making nonsensical arguments:

I'm not quite sure which conspiracy Dees is going for here, but now I kind of want crazies to start dressing up as WTC7 and crashing political events.

That doesn't look like an authentic Dees. Only one star of David and the cops aren't shooting vaccines at WTC7.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Forgall posted:

So is Counterpunch a respectable publication or a crank site?

I used to get it delivered back in the early 2000's when I was rabidly anti-war and thought it was great. You'll get better reporting out of the New Yorker and Vanity Fair, but it's far better than sits like dailykos.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Time for a facebook roundup. These have been bouncing around lately and are pretty awesome. Prepare for geocities-grade websites and lots of jpgs with arrows pasted all over them.

MORE PROOF THAT ISIS = CIA / MOSSAD

quote:

Where exactly is this ISIS (Israeli Secret Intelligence Service?) based? Where do they sleep? Where do they do their banking? How did they pay for their fleet of pick-up trucks and sophisticated weaponry? How are they feeding and re-equipping their fighters? Where do their injured fighters get medical treatment?

A bunch of 'good-ole-boys' could not have assembled and trained such an advanced force while going unnoticed

What Internet Provider Service is allowing them to post videos and issue 'recruitment' tweets? How did the all-intrusive NSA miss the creation of this group? Why can't the CIA. M-16 and Mossad infiltrate them and smash them from within? Why can't we pinpoint them via satellite and smash them in their tents or barracks? How did such a formidable force like ISIS just seem to materialize out of nowhere and overnight? Why don't they attack or even threaten to attack Israel?

Hmm, yes, good point. I wonder who their ISP is and if they get a different family rate with multiple wives.

ISIS has brand new Toyota trucks…courtesy of the White House, no I’m not joking
ISIS™ Drives Texas-made Toyota Trucks Apparently Modified for U.S. Special Forces

quote:

Isn’t it strange that “ISIS” just happens to be pictured along with a convoy of Toyota trucks that at least appear to be modified the exact same way special forces has them outfitted before shipping them from the factory in Texas?
When you combine this latest discovery with the fact that “ISIS” has 1. U.S. military small arms 2. U.S. military Humvees 3. U.S. military artillery 4. U.S. citizens running their online social media campaigns 5. John McCain met with destabilization campaign terrorists in Syria including someone from the newly formed “ISIS” in March of 2013… what conclusion would a reasonable person come to?

That's kinda a loaded question, guys...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
It worked for IBM and Coca-Cola.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spWK1qXrtyg

quote:

Wow what a brilliant video. We need more people with that state of mind to make a change on Earth. Hitler was a great man indeed. Third Reich was one of the first states to put animal rights laws, anti smoking laws. They were so ahead of their time, Hitler was a naturalist which in itself says alot. I was wondering whether the uploader has read The coming race - Vril-Ya?

:ducksiren:

also

Conspiracy Thread: freemason bilderberg fsa all linked through the money devil worshiping and its right under your nose

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 21, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

twistedmentat posted:

It's a whole "do not attribute things to malice when they can be attributed to laziness" thing.

Yes but it's more exciting if I'm the only one of my friends that knows the truth about their slave phone.

Nintendo Kid posted:

There's also people who assume since you no longer have to do easy but frequent maintenance poo poo in cars, that it means the cars must be bad and impossible to repair. Maybe Ford should start introducing dummy carbeurators to please those people.

It's not like there's a shortage of old cars out there anyway. They can go buy a 60's Ford or Chevy in almost perfect shape for less than a new Fiesta and have all the daily maintenance they want.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
edit, dp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
And computers are so drat cheap these days anyway. They were thousands of dollars in the 90's (assuming you didn't build it yourself). That $2000 Acer PC from '95 would cost over three grand now, but it's under a thousand with monitor and is ridiculously powerful in comparison.

Kit Walker posted:

If planned obsolescence is a conspiracy theory.

It doesn't even have to be planned in a literal sense, the US is just at a point where most electronics and appliances cost less to replace than fix.

• Locked thread