Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I got a message that said everybody gets a free thor cover on the 13th. I totally need it since all the covers I got using the iap were really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I got 2 of the 3 star spider-man comics in a row. Too bad they're both the passive skill :negative:

That update really make the skills more fun. I went from doing ~250 to 600 with iron man's blue skill.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I actually got something I could feasible use from the premium draw! Now I need a few more model 40 covers for it to be actually worth using instead of my pimped out common iron man.

[e] I love the new UI changes. The powers a way less of a hassle to use now.

[e2] I hope I never see another goddamn bag-man

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 19, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

MeramJert posted:

I didn't know you could get so many points so quickly in this event. I was last place in the ranks that were going to get 3 recruit tokens, and I figured there's no way I'd break into the top 50 and I don't want any more Thor covers. So I did a single mission and gained 491 points and jumped up to top 100. I decided at that point I'd go all in and try to get to 3000 for that blue Iron Man cover. I didn't have enough time so I ended top 50 with 2800 points. Still, not bad.

I swear it wasn't like that a few days ago. I remember stopping because the last few impossible missions gave out a paltry 30 points.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

New Leaf posted:

My "give a poo poo" levels are dropping dramatically on this game. I find myself continually Skipping to find people I'm capable of actually taking on without it feeling like a chore. And the sad thing is, I don't actually know what could be done at this point to curb it.

Me getting a ton of points stolen is doing this to me. Once I beat a good chunk of people and get near the mid-range stuff I start getting attacked a lot and can never progress in the ranks. I wish they would at least change it so getting attacked doesn't mess with the progression stuff.

[e] I think that's why I'm really loving this hero event. It has a bunch of really high level encounters that I can jussst pass if I use a bunch of buffs and my best dudes but you get so many points that it justifies it.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 26, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So should I just do the red iso event now or wait until the last day? I don't want to waste my time if the values on the last day are 3000% more.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is there anyone in particular I should use to dissuade people from attacking me? As far as offense goes I can get by with my wolverine and thor but for some reason I get attacked a bunch.

Here's a list of dudes I have

Classic Spider-Man (only purple power)
Classic Storm (all powers) LV 32
Modern Captain America (all powers) LV21
Grey suit Black Widow (only purple) LV 18
Model 35 Ironman (all powers) LV 35
Model 40 Ironman (only red power)
Moonstone (only purple and red powers) LV 11
Original Blackwidow (Only blue and purple) LV 8

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Hopefully nobody spergs out at the last minute, I could really use those ironman 40 covers to make my single red into something that I could actually use.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So I'm in the top ranks of my top shot event and I want the rank 2 prize. Should I just check every now and then and tread 1-5 until the end time or grind out as many points as possible?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

What I did to get first in the Reinforcements was try to keep ~1-5 the whole day, and to do so by only attacking people who were a dozen or so points above the current #1 in my bracket, and once I took first I stopped fighting. That way I kept pace with my pack, I was worth the minimum amount of points to other people attacking, and then in the last 10-15 minutes I just attacked solidly anybody that had more points than me to get a good lead on #3 to protect from last minute losses or bracket member wins.

Yeah, I figured attacked willy nilly would just lead to be being countered all day. I have been doing pretty well by only retaliating on people that net me 2-3 times what they took.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

What's the best way to grind iso after you finish all the story missions?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Wow, I really didn't expect IM40's yellow power to be this good from the description. I can basically max out red since the AI doesn't really gun for the tiles unless it's a 4 (which a couple of thor's red powers can get rid of)

Hopefully I can finally get a blue cover since every time I seen that power it wiped my whole team.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I like how I'm 187th place after completing all the non-rerunable missions in the punisher event. What could I have possible done different?

I kinda want to get a good rank because the punisher looks like he could replace my wolverine (and also I like the punisher better)

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Is grey widow any good? I'm sitting at #19 in my Iron Man bracket and trying to decide if to try and keep it to get her started or just get the two powers for Thor which I can both use at my current level.

Edit: Also about 100 ranks out of top ten so probably not getting up there in the next 30 minutes.

I think she could be a beast if she had all her powers and was leveled up. Her purple power can set up some absurd cascades with a few levels but unfortunately I don't have her green cover so I can't really do anything with all the green ap.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

For all you new folks:

*Dont buy the 500 ISO lottery, save it
*Always keep at least 1000 ISO on hand for boosts
*Use boosts often, but only if they're giving you returns. Don't use them just to climb the ladders in tournaments, use them to get ISO and other rewards for progression
*Use all your extra ISO (all the stuff above 1000-1500) for leveling up one character. That character should be Iron Man 35 or Thor. Everybody else can sit around at 12-15.
*Spend all your Hero Points on Cover Slots.
*Sell off your Hawkeye Classics, Venoms, Yelenas, and Juggernauts. Try to keep your 3-Star characters, but don't be shy about selling them for Hero Points if you need a slot for somebody like Storm Classic, Wolverine, or Thor.
*IM35 is your early game tank, Thor is midgame, and Wolverine is endgame. Don't be shy about leveling any of these guys up, since IM will never to above 50 anyway. Mine never made it past 22 before i got a Thor
*Play every PVP thing. Get through the first few ranks to nab yourself a couple recruit tokens and free ISO. Don't dig in too deep unless you're prepared to spend ISO.
*Replay missions with HP rewards. Spend that HP on cover slots. Use recruit tokens to fill those slots. Repeat.
*Dont use Bagman

That about covers it

I can't stress enough how good wolverine is. I didn't use mine for a while due to me thinking he sucked like Dagan but after some levels his strike tiles can let you take on teams twice your levels (this lets you actually place in events and gets you even rarer covers).

My wolverine makes tiles with a power of 41. If I take some boost I can 3+ on the very first turn, god help the other team if the stage is a forest with some easy environment tiles. Hopefully I can get in at least 400th place so I can level him up more, I can't wait to see how ridiculous those tiles get.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Pretty much.

That move is a beast with enemies that can't move tiles. I can't wait to get another yellow cover so I can immediately use IM40's Blue skill right after :allears:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Dizz posted:

Dear game. Please give me lots of thors. I loving hate iron man and Captain America they're boring butts.

Also stop giving me Juggernaut and Hawkeye this poo poo isn't loving funny anymore.

I really wish you had the ability to give away covers. Pretty much all I got from the Hunt tokens is Thor covers that are useless to me. In fact, every since the last patch all my rolls have been horrible. I don't even care though, as long as I can get my 3 wolverine covers in a few days :getin:

[e] I really wish they would stop these events where your entire team is chosen.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

If I knew the event tokens converted to hero tokens once the event ended I would have held on to the 15+ that only gave me thor covers (and one purple spider-man)

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 15, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

When is chapter one suppose to come out? I feel like when it does I'm going to steam roll right through it with my team.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Everybody gets in first place if they can do the missions? My favorite heroes are boosted? The special tokens give out spider-man, wolverine and the punisher? :getin:

This event is going to be rad!

[e] My wolverine's strike tiles give 117 extra damage.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I really hope my 2 Hulk tokens can net me a punisher. I feel like I can get in the upper ranks if I can play those two missions.

Wolverine is really great in this event. I got another yellow cover last night and bumped him up to level 69. With grey suit Black Widow I can just green power everything to death.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Dec 20, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So what happens when the 50000000 point bar gets full in the hulk event?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

WetSpink posted:

The reward bracket sizes look pretty generous too.

I hope it's like the hunt where your average position every day is pretty much where you finish at the end. I think I might finally get in the top rank in an event since I have been hovering around rank 200 (I would be much higher if I could score a punisher)

How is X-force Wolverine? from looking at his covers it seems like he would actually be less useful than 2 star Wolverine because all his powers are expensive and his heal isn't automatic.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I would get rid of Darken and Bullseye.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I really wish they put the punisher cover much lower in the progression rewards.

I'm missing thousands of points :negative:

Eddain posted:

All the drat daily deals just gave me Wolverines. I want Spiderman/Hulk/Punisher damnit. Or a drat red Ragnarok at least. You can't buy skillups unless you have at least 1 level already. :(

Red rags is a daily log in reward, I just got mine a few days ago.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

If I get another purple spider-man I'm going to scream. 2/0/2, not a single cover of the only power that actually matters.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Dizz posted:

I loving hate Lieutenants and their stupid loving morale boosts.

They are pretty much the best enemy to fight at high levels because they can't do poo poo by themselves.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Largepotato posted:

I like the Amazon missions.

I can either fight lvl 247 Ragnarok & Daken with Hulk for 800 points or I can fight lvl 65 Ragnorak, Daken, & Venom with Punisher for 2000 points.

When I got my punisher covers last night I went from rank 1000 in all three events to <100 in 5 minutes :getin:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Numero Uno :smug:

Also got top 25 in the Rag LR!

How does the "plus get all the rewards from the next rank" work? did you basically get all the rewards from each bracket?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I don't really care about a 4* wolverine I probably won't ever get to effectively use but I'm going to be pissed if they stop me from getting that last progression reward with only 4 points left.

[e] How often do they add new heroes? I played the marvel diablo game today and realized there's a poo poo-ton of dudes they could add. I can't wait until the variety of teams I see are mixed up some.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 27, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Phenotype posted:

I went ahead and sent in a support ticket. None of my missions are giving ANY points after only one playthrough. (Except the Punisher mission, because people who haven't cracked a Punisher yet are human filth.) And of course, I've slipped to 1800 because everyone else in my bracket is merrily grinding away. If I don't hit the 1500 mark because of literally not being allowed to play, I'm done with this game and attempting a chargeback for the 20 bucks I put in two days ago.

how many total points do you have? I think the no missions giving out points thing may be some lovely rubber banding since I have 49410 points at rank 964 and the number one dude had 50462.

I wonder if it's going to be a every mission is 500+ points blood bath at the very end.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

1100, I don't think I'm going to be withen the 1500 when I wake up.

I'm going to be super pissed if they don't reset the points or something so I can at least get my punisher cover. I was always under 400 at the end of every day of the event :(

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

New Leaf posted:

This is why I don't really try my hardest in these tournaments. The rate at which you get pushed back when you start to make a little headway is absolutely absurd.

I like to push a bunch in the morning the event is ending then wait until an hour before the deadline then just counterattack as much as I can.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

That's assuming it's not a screwup on their end and that they'll close it back down soon. GOGOGOGOGOGO

Yeah, at the very least everybody should grab that green Hulk cover. too late, they already took down that and a bunch of other hulk missions.

[e] What's the deal with the shield training? any reason why I shouldn't get a bunch of the progression rewards?

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 28, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I would have easily gotten to 5th place if the servers didn't crap out in the last minutes :argh:

[e] I got bumped out of my 15 bracket at the last second :(

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 28, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Retromancer posted:

So is ISO used for anything other than stat leveling now? You used to be able to pump powers with it, but they changed that to HP. You can't even buy cover slots with ISO anymore. It seems kinda useless for the most part.

You also need some for boosts which can make a huge difference in a match. I'm ok with not being able to use iso for powers if it means I only have to do it 5 times per power instead of the 20 it took before.

[e] Doing the shield training won't put me in with whales during regular events will it? there's a bunch of really nice stuff on rewards list but forget it if I get curbstomped forever.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Spikey posted:

2 Powered Up tokens, 2 Spider-Mans. Awesome.

I also got a spider-man. Another loving purple one :argh:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

Is anyone else completely unmotivated to go through the Hulk event again, since there's absolutely no chance of getting that 50000 point Punisher cover? I know it doesn't make logical sense, but I just can't make myself bother doing a battle that only gives me 6 points the first time, let alone doing it dozens of times.

I'm not completely unmotivated, but I'm definitely playing it more casually. My Hulk is already 4/1/1 so as long as I'm top 1500 I'm ok with the hulk covers + daily gamma tokens.

I kinda want to max Hulk's black though due to how ridiculous he gets with green regen in the higher level mission.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Shadowstar posted:

One of my housemates is the lead designer on this game. We were just chatting about it for a bit after dinner. If anybody has any big questions or good feedback I'd be willing to pass it along to him.

Please communicate how the event points will work/scale in-game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I think I'm ok with shields as long as they keep putting enough HP for everyone to get one in the middle of the rewards.