Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
How customizable is your trainer? And at what point in the game do you get the majority of these options opened up? My roommate just started his copy last night (he's at the first gym) and all he could pick from were different hats so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

horriblePencilist posted:

You can buy clothes, consisting of hats, accesories, dresses, shirts, pants, socks, bags and shoes. The first boutique only has hats, but you do have one alternate costume. The second boutique with a bigger selection is available in the town with the second gym. Keep in mind that the stock cycles daily.

How do you mean stock cycles daily? And I saw in trailers, at least it seemed with a female trainer you could change you hair. How true is this?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Mondlicht posted:

I'm wondering if there are colors aside from blonde/dirty blonde/brunette/black. When I got my hair done in not!Paris it only gave me those options, I feel like, but I could be wrong. My dreams of having dumb punky hair may not be realized in this Gen.

My dreams of having my real life hair I know are not going to be realized, but I can dream of one sided swooped dark brown hair.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

horchata posted:

anyone else feel kinda gimped that male clothing looks so plain or gaudy compared to the pretty, cute stuff that girls have

Is there a complete list up anywhere yet online? Of the female clothing options that is. (I've only seen the male stuff so far on serebii.net)

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I'm wanting to transfer my Pokemon from my Diamond cart to Black 2, and then all those from Black 2 to my X cart. Do I have to beat the Elite 4 in both Diamond and Black 2 in order to do that?

And from what I've read online I can't transfer my Pokemon in Black 2 anyways till late December no matter what?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

So I've left my level 49 Pikachu with my Level 50something Ditto at the Day Care Center, and on my friend's copy of the game (we both have X) Ditto bred to create a Pichu egg, as you'd expect. But in my game both Pokemon "seem to not get along" according to the Day Care Lady's husband outside, and have yet to breed an egg. Most Pokemon have worked with my Ditto (example: I bred a Froakie from my Greninja with Ditto) but not this. What's up?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Just beat the Champion. How do I get the Hall of Fame photo with the artwork of my 6 Pokemon? Also, trying to get my hands on a Chimchar, but all GTS wants is legendaries. I wouldn't even care if it's a Level 1 with crap stats, just want my original lil' guy from Diamond... :smith:

Also, this. I REALLY would love the Amaura here. When're these coming out? eBay lists nothing.

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 20, 2014

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Goodpart posted:

Add me! I've got tons of them. 5043-1237-1109

Added. I'm 4570-8569-2043. Thanks!

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Looking for a few good Pocket Men. If anyone's got any of these and wants to trade I'm at 4570-8569-2043. My friend just gave me a Rotom yesterday too if anyone wants me to breed em one as well as any starter not listed here. (Charmander, Bulbasaur, Torchic, all of Gen 2, Gen 4, and Gen 6)

Squirtle
Snivy
Tepig
Oshawott
Skrelp
Treecko
Mudkip
Shinx
Vulpix
Porygon
Meowth
Electabuzz
Kabuto
Clefairy
Togepi
Xatu
Misdreavus
Noibat
Purrloin
Minccino
Sewaddle
Deerling
Frillish
Cottonee
Maractus
Petilil
Elgyem

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jan 22, 2014

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Hey nerds. I'm looking for a spare Metal Coat to evolve my Onix as well as a spare Thunder Stone to evolve Pikachu. I already used the two you get in game for Scizor and Jolteon and well, I'm not digging the whole Super Training method of farming Stones to be honest. If anyone's got one, I have all the starters to trade except Squirtle as well as Rotom and a few others.

I also caught Zygarde the other day but I'd rather have a different older legendary since he's not really my favorite. (preferably Reshiram, Ho-Oh, Jirachi, Dialga, Palkia, Shaymin, or Keldeo) I already traded my Xernas for a Zekrom on GTS (just personal preference really). It's probably stupid to expect anyone has a Mew right? That's a stupid question right? Does anyone have any legendaries they might possibly wanna trade for ol' inevitable Z Version mascot? Any shinies too I'm also interested in.

4570-8569-2043, right here. Feel free to PM me.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

chaos rhames posted:

There's an in game trade for the steelix in the bike town, if you just want to finish the dex.

Whereabouts? What part of the town?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Blhue posted:

Anyone mind helping with a trade evo? Last thing I need to finish my dex. 4768 7629 8819 IGN Joshua

Sure thang if haven't already. I need a few traded too to evolve. (about 3 I believe)

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Saw people are wanting Dittos and I have a spare hanging out in a box of mine. He's also pretty easy to catch for me, so I could get more for sure. Would love some shinies, or if possible a Pokemon equipped with Charizardite Y and one equipped with Heracronite. (you can do that right? transfer Mega Stones through trade?)

FC: 4570-8569-2043
IGN: Mackenzie

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

My Tyrogue doesn't want to seem to breed with my Ditto. I have two different Ditto's, would another one work? The Day Care Lady's husband keeps saying the two "prefer to play with other Pokemon rather than each other" and I'm getting no egg every time I come back.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Does anyone have any spare Shiny or Sunstones I could have? Or where I could get them? I already used both of the ones you get just item hunting on evolutions.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Does anyone want my Zygarde? GTS kinda sucks for getting anything good, I'm trying to get my hands on a Lugia or a Reshiram. A Dialga maybe? Any cool shinies would even be fine. Also looking for 2 shiny stones and a sun stone too to evolve my Togetic, Minccino, and Petilil respectively. PM if you want my friend code.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Where are all these rear end in a top hat kids getting shiny Dialgas? I feel like every other passerby I trade with has one.

Also, passerby trading is crap, (big surprise) everyone has shiny legendaries and expects you have the missing ones they want.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Sade posted:

^^^ "Can't be beat!" means the stats that he names are all 31s. "Some fantastic stats" means the stats he names are 27-30, iirc.

Wifi event at gamestop a few months ago

Ahhhh that's right. I remember that.

Also, in Special Training I earn punching bags that seem to raise my stats, but I don't see them get raised when I check the summary of my Pokemon. Mainly I'm just trying to evolve my Tyrouge into a Hitmontop.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

X-post from trading thread:

Does anyone have any pokerus 'mon they could trade me? Getting pretty sick of super-training.

If you can help me evolve my Phantump that would be great too!

IGN R. Lazz 5026-5879-0994

e: done thanks!

I have a Piplup from Pokerus.

4570-8569-2043

I also want to catch the Moltres in my game, but I know you literally have to bike (or walk or rollerblade or whatever) to get to each place it jumps to on the map without using Fly in order to corner it into the Sea Spirit Den. Problem is anytime I get close to it on the map by bike without Fly it just zooms instantly to the other frickin side of Kalos. Any suggestions on how to get this bastard to the Den already?

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 3, 2014

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Didn't get my Global Link synch code up and running till last night so this is overdue: (think this was back in January?)

Needless to say, my team has changed a bit since then. Ho-Oh's replaced Charizard, and I'm currently leveling up Lilligant, Vanillite, and Frillish to be my other three. (Emolga and Greninja are constants though Frillish may replace Greninja at some point) Sylveon is an absolute beast too.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

So some butthole online traded me a Regigigas with a learnt HM/TM and now I can't trade him for anything else. But......I thought you couldn't trade Pokemon who had learnt HM's/TM's anyhow? So....what gives?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

What made you think they couldn't be traded? I do it all the time.

Friggin GTS won't let me.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I believe you can't trade them if they are in your party but if it's in your PC it's fair game. You can always go and delete the move from the move deleter.

Ah! Gotcha. Will try this.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

So I traded with a random passerby my level 100 Ho-Oh for their Level 10 Celebi. Except when I try and trade Celebi on the GTS it won't let me since it's a "special Pokemon." What's up?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Diet Poison posted:

You can trade event pokemon, but not over GTS. It is some serious bullshit.

Welp, in that case.

Does anyone want a Level 10 Celebi? I'm hankering for these legendaries right now to complete my Dex:

Mew (good luck, right?)
Jirachi
Deoxys
Shaymin
Genesect
Darkrai
Keldeo
Meloetta
Arceus
Victini
Phione
Manaphy

Numbahs are: 4570-8569-2043

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

FallinInTheBlak posted:

If you just want the dex entries rather than keeping the legendaries I can also lend all the others to you.

Yeah, that would be amazing. I would give them right back, I have no need for any of them, just filling my Dex.

Blaziken, lemme know when you might be online next. I can trade anytime today and it's 3:15pm here. (I can't PM you it seems)

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 30, 2014

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Does anyone have Volcanion, Hoopa, and/or Diancie? I'm on X version, FC is: 4570-8569-2043

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

less laughter posted:

Pocket Monsters: Topaz
Pocket Monsters: Tourmaline
Pocket Monsters: Moonstone
Pocket Monsters: Brown
Pocket Monsters: Grey
Pocket Monsters: Vermilion
Pocket Monsters: Purple
Pocket Monsters: Crimson
Pocket Monsters: Scarlet
Delta Emerald

Pokemon Amethyst
Pokemon Garnet
Pokemon Peridot
Pokemon Lapis
Pokemon Jasper
Pokemon....YELLOW...DIAMOND????!

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Jarogue posted:

Comfirmed 3rd game will be Eclipse

Or Stars.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

Hoenn is already considered Pokemon's most "tropical zone" so I doubt they'd do it twice in a row.

I bet it'll be a region based off Cali.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Dehry posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/pokemon

We're about 37 minutes away from "The Future of Pokemon" on the stream. Probably something good there.

Huh? What is this? Right now they're just streaming Pokken.

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 28, 2016

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

Oh well, we'll get starters, box legendaries, and PCs in March's Corocoro I bet. Not too bad a wait.

For Sun and Moon?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

oddium posted:

i've always felt that rhyhorn was pretty low on the backsprite totem for a while

He looks like a Cloyster in the first one

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

So apparently the CoroCoro leak for the big April 15th reveal of Sun and Moon info...is just a big tease to actually reveal it in next month's issue. Ugh.

Unless there's more we just haven't seen yet...

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Countblanc posted:

The most handsome poke is canonically sawk

who's that girl?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Narciss posted:

It's pretty funny how poorly these games aged:

...yikes, Nintendo

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Sociopastry posted:

I hope pokemon sun and moon will let you customize your trainer. It's seriously my favorite part of Y.

And let you finally remove your hat.

It was definitely my favorite part of X/Y too. I do want more hair options. The clothing had some good variety...obviously more is good and with a new gen title I'd expect that too. But I want to be able to dye my hair crazy colors too. They should give you a color gradient to play with to really make it custom. And the ability to do two colors, for streaks or highlights of the sort. Maybe that's asking for too much, GameFreak?

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 12:02 on May 25, 2016

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Watch, I bet they meant 8pm.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

And I just outgrew Pokemon again. Seems to be a cycle. Boring generation-Ok generation-Awesome generation sucks me back in-Boring generation again.

Everyone loves that drat owl, I think he looks so boring. If I were to pick any I'd probably pick the fire pussy. It just feels like gen 3 all over again, not to mention that was basically a Hawaii region too? I was kinda hoping it'd be something new? Like a California region?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

alcharagia posted:

infernape is cool and the best evolved starter there ever was

Fixed for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I might choose Popplio as my starter. He just seems to fit that poor lil cutie who gets relentlessly teased for being slightly goofy looking, like Dumbo or something. I just wanna hug him! It's gonna be ok lil guy! Circus animals are always so dang sad.

• Locked thread