Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Aphrodite posted:

That wasn't a budget thing, that was a deliberate choice to make him boring as hell.

Yeah, but it's a really good bubble.

muscles like this? posted:

Tonight's episode of Constantine was kind of weird as they told an Eclipso story without ever using the name Eclipso.

Wasn't that also true in the Justice League two-parter? They have an army general in the costume at one point, but it's literally just because of a joke about how gaudy costumes attract the league members, and I don't think the world Eclipso ever comes up.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

Has there been any word on who's doing the voice yet?

Oh man I hope Powers Boothe is still alive and taking calls.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

redbackground posted:

Would you have preferred a Skye/Lincoln spinoff? :twisted:

Yes. I wouldn't watch their show but the original show would get a much needed casting tonsillectomy.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I wouldn't exactly call Lana confident. She was constantly looking forlorn and going "Clark, what am I going to do? My intense sadness can only be cured by you selflessly not pursuing me romantically to solve this dramatic situation I'm in that no sane person would care about."

The thing that always stuck in my mind about Lana was that she has a lot of spare time to drive to a rural Kansas farm two or the times an episode to say one dramatic sentence and then leave.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Thor and Cap were sold to some crappy B list studio but the movies never happened.

They didn't? Was that after Cannon films made that garbage Captain America film in 1990? Or wait, that was some other company made when one of the Cannon guys left Cannon. 21st Century?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

Which is the one where he knocks people out and nicks their cars?

That one, but knocking people out implies more action than he's down for. He walks away from cars, pretends to be sick till the driver comes to help, then runs around them and steals the car. Twice.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Did he rate them low and the viewers whined or he rated them high and the viewers told him how wrong he is?

He basically preferred to review through a social justice lens. It'd make for valid interesting reading but he was reviewing like four shows and it was hitting the point where he didn't even discuss the plot of a given episode briefly, choosing instead of revisit topics of appropriation or problematic choices from previous episodes, seasons, and even other shows.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

The former. Literally, Adolph Hitler is a character.

Yes, he's quite a character, that Hitler. But is he in this game?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

This looks boring.

Who is the baddie?

Thought I saw somewhere that it was gonna be Typhoid Mary, but that might have been some rumor mill bullshit.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

That's her power? I thought she was pyrokinetic and had multiple personalities. Also that she was a mutant.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Looks like I can just scratch Adam Strange off my Legends betting pool.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Jessica Jones renewed for a third season. Can it get more lethally boring? We'll find out!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

Enough about bad comics shows:

https://twitter.com/MarvelIronFist/status/1020126146208456704

nah, just loving with ya, it's iron fist S2 on Sept 7.

Something something MY CITY something something.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Sgt. Politeness posted:

And so far he hasn't been portrayed in a movie or TV show. I guess the cartoon versions have been good.

I thought Tim Drake was kicking around in the last season of Young Justice.

And how often has Batwoman had to tangle with Bane or Bruce's other muscle villains anyway? It's not like the show is Batman But a Lady, she'll have her own villains to punch right?

Sure I think he was one of the villains in that animated Mystery of the Batwoman movie, so that's one.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

site posted:

I hope instead of killing Karen they just move her to punisher

I hope she keeps getting free jobs further and further up the media ladder. "Karen, your boring navel-gaze articles about what makes a hero are tearing up the charts! We want you to take over for Seth Meyers!"

Maybe Trish becomes Hellcat next season when she shows up to do her radio show and Karen is just in there. Producer all "She showed up asking a lot of good questions, so I gave her your office and job. You should her credentials, it's incredible! She doesn't have any!"

theironjef fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 23, 2018

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Does he have weird eye makeup and an expensive looking up do sexy gay dude haircut? That's a Gotham villain, checks out.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

zoux posted:

Between this and all the blatant satanism on Sabrina, what are the intrusive moralistic busybody church lady bigots of America even doing these days

Playing the role of Sabrina on the Netflix show Sabrina.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

No Manchester Black didn't have a tat. He had a full T-Shirt sized Union Jack.
Manchester Black was a homage to the Authority's Jenny Sparks.
But during the Authority's run, Mark Millar had the 1% kill the Authority and replace them with conservative knock offs. Their version of Jenny Sparks was a David Beckham looking guy called Colonel. He had a full chest tattoo of a Union Jack.

Googling him shows what looks a lot like a tat. Or else a shirt that somehow hangs right on the scapulas all the way across. And I know that in animated movie he was in it was a tat, because they definitely puts nips on the guy.

Edit: Hold on, Robin Atkin Downes isn't Robin Lord Taylor.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 1, 2019

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Not really, they spend an inordinate amount of time fighting people related to Deathstroke or Trygon in some way.

Brother Blood and the H.I.V.E. can't be far away.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Gimme Manu Bennett flanked by Ron Perlman and Will Arnett as Deathstroke and the Deathstrokes and I'll watch this.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Didn't Ghost Rider have to return to his home planet because of budget reasons?

For unspecified reasons but I've read that it was disagreements on the treatment of the character? Anyway, yes. Which is fascinating because it leaves a Daimon Hellstrom show still supposedly in development at Hulu.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Adam Warlock. Some showrunner got real sick of Gunn teasing him.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Medullah posted:

I'm 100% sure there will be a guest star who comes in the door to applause

Given that the show has Kat Dennings returning as her Thor character Darcy who had never met either of these two that's dang right.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I just don't like her voice.

But the idea of MCU actors making random cameos works for me.

So far the other one announced is Randall Park reprising SHIELD agent Jimmy Woo. Show's gonna be wild. I'm kinda hoping for like a Natalie Dormer or Claudia Kim if we're packing the show with cool toss-off performances.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

It just took him longer than everyone else to realize that hanging around the DC movie sets wasn't actually getting him any work or respect or anything.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Heathen posted:

They mentioned from the start that WandaVision would tie-in to Doctor Strange 2 which comes out in May 2021. It made sense to have WandaVision initially as Spring 2021 because you'd want time to binge the show and have it fresh in people's minds going into the movie. Moving it to December 2020 puts an unnecessary six month gap between the two. Maybe they're counting on people watching it once when it comes out and then a second time before the movie? Of all companies you wouldn't think Disney would be hard up for new shows.

It'll probably have a weekly episode release schedule, like Mandalorian. Maybe even gaps in the holidays, so it could potentially stretch to February.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

S.W.O.R.D. being in Wandavision goes a long way towards explaining why Darcy is there. After all, she was an astronomy student in 2011, she could be a scientist agent by now.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

t's like having R.A. Salvatore write the first book of a series, and then for some reason George RR Martin is allowed to do whatever he wants in the second book, and then handing it back to Salvatore because [train rolls by, drowning out all sound]

Salvatore did write the first novel of a Star Wars thing and then not the rest of them. It was called Vector Prime. It sucked.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Did you guys ever end up liking any of the post Vector Prime stuff?

We didn't keeping going with the Yuuzhan Vong crisis so I think the only thing we've read that's set after is Crucible, which is okay but has hilariously dumb villains.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

That show was immensely loyal to actors that didn't quit. Minor characters became major just by sticking around. Jim Gordon's ex had so many different plotlines' and the woman playing Azrael's evil sister stuck around so long after the Azrael Arc it was crazy.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

It was one of the two survivors of a Hulu set of four shows that were supposed to do a series merge like the Defenders, right? Everything else was already canceled or nearly cancelled?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

site posted:

Lol fuckin Amazon

Not too late for a Me and the Boys meme where it's just Rhino and the other three are outlines with Coming Soon plastered on them. It's a favor to the meme community!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

My initial impression was that the suit was some sort of hazmat suit specifically designed to repel the whole sitcom-zone effect going on, and the beekeeper look and the bees represented nothing so much as an attempt by the reality modification field to account for "guy in a heavy suit" and "local defenses made by the field." I don't think it's a bad guy, I think at the stage Wanda just plain doesn't want to actually know what's going on so anything that represents a threat to her perception of stability looks immediately scary and she zips it away.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Agnes has been somewhat different from other townsfolk. When she asked Wanda a bunch of penetrating questions she also took no answer pretty happily, and she got there to ask them first, and she even offered fill in innocuous answers and suggestions (helpfully pointing out the ring thing without pushing). I think she was confirming her suspicions that Wanda has no awareness of the situation, where others don't have that luxury.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I'm now convinced that Evan Peters won't be a Quicksilver here but an adult Tommy towards the end.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Anyone zoomed in on that cop's badge yet to see if he's Ralph?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

They've recast Cassie with an older actress for Ant-Man 3 and I think America Chavez is in Dr Strange? Oh, and there are rumours about some of the Bradley family being in Fal/WS

There's also rumors that Loki will eventually feature Kid Loki, and of course we already know Miss Marvel has her own show. There's a whole crop of kids coming. I'm curious to see it that Secret Wars thing they announced can produce a Hulkling.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

SlimGoodbody posted:

I think you're in for a disappointment. There's no way they have finished any of the X-Men casting yet, and there's no way they're bringing back the previous actors to just confuse things in the long run. Plus, I think it's pretty unlikely that Marvel/Disney is going to construct their entire mutant outlay around a treadworn, half-clever nerd meme that would only make sense if you read House of M.

My guess is we'll get Quicksilver or Ultron or Old Man Steve Rogers or like the cyber ghost of Tony Stark. MAYBE Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, or maaaybe Magik

Not to mention the MCU may make stupid calls from time to time, but probably aren't willing to base an entire phase on "Woman loses partner, becomes so crazy that she tries to destroy the world."

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I was a little disappointed by the Endgame fight discussion. How do Jimmy and Darcy know who fought Thanos the best and the most, is it on dvd or something? It played like they had just also seen the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Rhyno posted:

The Avengers likely told the US Government everything that happened in great detail.

In this scenario the whole thing happened three weeks ago at the same time as everyone coming back from the blip. There's just no way there has been time for that to make it to like... Field FBI guys and astrophysicists.

That said I would love to see who they got for that debriefing. Just like Thor sitting in a chair breathlessly all "but then it turned out Cap can use my hammer and I was all I knew it but then Thanos had an army and it was like bzooom! And then Spider Man, whom I've never met but I gather it was him from context clues, he fell down and all the women rushed to his defense of course."