Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Dawgstar posted:

The violence always made Invincible so irritating. I knew a bunch of people who would like it... except for the gore.

it's an Amazon show so it won't last long enough to get there, but I'm curious as to the reaction from show only people when the show turns into DragonBall Z partway through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aphrodite posted:

lol I thought those were ending credits, not a title card. There's 10 minutes left.

Oh poo poo, same, I guess I have to go back to that.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rhyno posted:

Well I guess it's been retconned

It was Truth: Red, White and Black that placed him in 1942. Patriot's version of events is intentionally unreliable narrator territory.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They'd actually make a great team. Walker could take the lead and Nuke could keep an eye on anything happening behind them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

omg chael crash posted:

I forget, is the Netflix stuff still considered cannon? Do we even know?

If so, Nuke is hella dead

They happened up until the point they decide to contradict something.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sanschel posted:

I generally dug the episode, between SWORD and Madripoor it’s interesting to see what Disney pulling out of that Fox buyout that isn’t explicitly mutant or F4 related.

Zemo reading Machiavelli was cute but a little too on the nose.

Maybe they were trying to portray him as pseudo intellectual since its primarily satire?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Question IRL posted:

Even the 616 had plenty of characters who were attempts at remaking Cap.
See Man Thing*, which was Ted Sallis looking at alternate universe SSS. No use of the Vita-Rays.

* = I imagine he saw a Universe that advertised with "Do you want a Giant Sized Man Thing? Take this Serum and see what happens."

They also rolled the SSS up into the Weapon X project and made Cap Weapon I.

Though I think that was Cates and the less we talk about his additions to Marvel the better.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 13, 2021

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gaz-L posted:

Nah, the Weapon Plus stuff was Morrison on one of their 'let's unify all the things' kicks.

Oh that's right, I thought Cap getting rolled up into it happened later but now I remember the stuff about Sublime manipulating the scientists and planning to use Cap to create an anti-mutant police force.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
50/50 chance his plot in the series ends with Falcon and Bucky capturing him wearing the mask, ripping it off to reveal it wasn't Zemo wearing it this time.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Vince MechMahon posted:

He had the infinity gauntlet and the plan in his head before he started. What makes you think his first stop in that new universe with Peggy wasn't killing Thanos before he could become a threat?

E: I know he couldn't use the gauntlet itself without turning into a crispy critter like Tony, but humans can use the time stone just fine, and that's all you would really need to just smother baby Thanos in his crib.

Do you want Cosmic Ghost Rider? Cuz that's how you get Cosmic Ghost Rider.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

She got a heart transplant (last Christmas) and it's the ghost of the guy that gave her his heart (last Christmas).

So yeah, friendly ghost. But I don't see why the ghost being friendly makes it non genre.

It absolutely is a genre film. Nerds just get kind of gatekeepery about their terms. There are enough romantic Christmas movies starring ghosts made a year for it to get it's own corner of the aisles.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I have never understood why Jess got it worse than like Sue or Widow. Probably the only one who got it worse that Psylock in her Kwannon phase.

I think because when Jess was getting her resurgence in the mid '00s it was the same time Frank Cho was doing a lot of Avengers books. Same thing happened to Carol and her old black suit.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rhyno posted:

They also revealed that her pheromone powers were influencing all the guys.

This reminded me that the whole thing was started with Jess' surgery to restore her powers and made me envision a world where Rhodey takes the lead of Secret Invasion with a skull swapping him out during an experimental surgery to restore full function to his legs. Could have gotten Don Cheadle full on chewing scenery.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Not sure why he's in a super powered prison though, except to put him in the place heads to be for a Thunderbolts show.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Hey, John Cena talking about how many dicks he's willing to suck for America ticks a lot of boxes for people.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Arist posted:

The Hulu MODOK show is getting pretty good early reviews from what I've seen.

https://tv.avclub.com/hulu-s-m-o-d-o-k-is-a-supervillain-sitcom-that-s-so-mu-1846874552

I was excited to see Monica Rappachini was the work rival, though I think making her a techie instead of a biologist kind of ruins the joke of the name.

Vvvv "Oh God, can you smell that? Can you smell what he's cooking? It's people!!!"

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 18, 2021

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

I'd say "if Timothy Olyphant wasn't interesting" but yeah.

Apparently Olyphant used a picture of Duhamel and Olyphant's family as a Christmas card a few years ago and half of his family didn't even realize.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Klungar posted:

All the reviews I've seen have been positive, though they note that the show is a lighter tone than the comic, which I understand is apparently pretty bleak.

I liked the first episode, it was light but had a definite undercurrent of bleak despair. Kind of like the wave of coming off age indie movies from 5-6 years ago.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
In the next episode it goes to the field and pulls up that the fire writes 'Its Loki, the bad guy is Loki, soup to nuts.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They tested LeVar Burton for a few shows. Jennings' chances took a little bit of a hit when he defended bean dad after the anti-semitism came out.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ilikedirt posted:

Captain america eats the gently caress out of a pussy, better than batman even, because he CARES

Look, maybe if you've fought the Joker as many times as Batman has you tend to get a little skittish around any kind of smile.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The 'A' on his forehead was meant to proudly tell the world he was
Is an rear end man.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Season 1, it's the episode that included the infamous 'Ward and May were just talking scene.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

jng2058 posted:

We'll probably find out for sure on Wednesday, but my theory is that Lady Loki mass bombed the Time Keepers themselves out of existence. Or at least disabled them such that they're not currently able to help maintain the timeline at crucial weak points, hence everything blowing up all at once.

judging from the scene from Avengers Mobius paused on, Lady Loki's plan is to create an universe where Ashley Johnson's scenes in Avengers weren't cut.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Something I only just realized about Loki episode 5, Alioth is a real world celestial body that stems from a Greek corruption of an Arabic phrase meaning 'The Lamb's Tail'. Anything sent to the void is quickly consumed and destroyed by Alioth or in other words In Two Shakes of the Lamb's Tail.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

muscles like this! posted:

Mentioned in another thread but Batwoman season 3 is adding Renee Montoya played by Victoria Cartagena who previously played Montoya on the first season of Gotham. Although producers said this isn't supposed to be the same version.

Good, Montoya in Gotham was really terrible. Hopefully Batwoman does more with the character than obsessively jealous ex.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

X-O posted:

I think Hawkguy was kind of out nowhere myself. Clint was never really portrayed like that until that series.

It was shortly after Wanda brought him back to life wasn't it? I don't remember him doing much between coming back the Fraction series starting.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Barry Convex posted:

believe it or not, Hulu's Hit-Monkey animated series still exists and has a November premiere date

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvels-hit-monkey-first-look-and-release-date-revealed-for-hulu-series/

I see Fat Cobra in there too.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It was supposedly down to him and Finn Jones for Rand but Loeb and/or Perlmutter wanted Jones for it. The follow up rumor is that's its why Jones had no time for training, the showrunner were expecting to hire someone that didn't need as much lead time and choreography training.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TheHan posted:

And this scene I didn't understand at all, now that makes a lot more sense.

This was all I could think of during that scene;

https://youtu.be/2CCI-UZtEi4

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Wasn't he even allegedly going to show up in Wakanda Forever too?

Not show up, but Boseman had so much fun playing the character that he was working with the Wakanda Forever writers to bring some of that voice into the character.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Not being allowed to use an existing character and creating one barely different is severely on brand for Doom Patrol.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I realized what was bugging me about the mom's fiance actor. He's a gap tooth away from being Paul F. Tompkins doppelganger.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The best Alan Alda impression is Peter Serafinowicz but since he died in the first Guardians Hader will do.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Chances are they wanted new actors with new contracts that covered the show, and anywhere else they wanted to use then like the upcoming Sandman Series.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gaz-L posted:

Walken as Lucifer would've been a heck of a thing, though.

That article came out two months before The Prophecy premiered with a scene chewing contest between Walken as Gabriel and Viggo Mortenson as The Devil.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aphrodite posted:

It’s always been the case that you need to pay to say Super Bowl, everyone settling on ‘the big game’ feels more recent though.

Naw, I worked in advertising and marketing 10+ years ago and it was 'the big game' way back then. It's gotten more prevalent because NFL is signing more exclusivity deals. So now beer A can't just pay the licensing fee because beer B is 'the official beer of the superbowl'.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They should have brought thr Netflix shows over sooner. Matt could've taught Wanda how to cope without vision.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I AM GRANDO posted:

It never made sense to me that people would draw a distinction between Captain America and Cyclops where they’d only want one of them saving the city. Either they’re both terrifying freaks or they’re not. How would anyone even know that Cyclops got his superpowers in a slightly different way from other superheroes?

The bigotry metaphor breaks down when they’re all beautiful white people with godlike powers.

This argument only works if you've never read the examples of the hate mail Claremont got in the 70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

theironjef posted:

Kinda wanna see the letter from the one guy only and specifically mad about an Irishman being added.

The one I remembered being posted in the X-thread complained he should go back to Ireland to fix their issues and leave America to the American superheroes like the original Xmen and Wolverine.