Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Well I think the reason most of us like these guys is you wouldn't really call them 'let's players' in most of the way we'd think of it. I mean for one it's a team instead of one person, and even then most of the video is, say, Mat yelling at Pat to use the rocket launcher while Pat yells about how Ashley needs to stop wiggling so he can shoot her free because girls are probably watching. It's not just a dude going 'yea so this is the castle level, it's kinda hard...' then ten minutes of awkward silence as he clacks buttons.

So it's a let's play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Thanks everyone! If you have any questions or comments about how bad/dumb I am, feel free!

What is your excuse for not having played Vanquish on the channel yet?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Wow. You sound as bad as Pat. "Comics are for losers."

Comics, video games, anime, and movies are all the same thing. There's AMAZING ones, bad ones, and a whole lot of mediocre ones. Giving a blanket statement that ALL are bad or something like that comes off as incredibly ignorant.

I don't know Matt, Gerstmann gives a fairly convincing argument there.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hey guys, I heard that Woolie doesn't know how to read. Is there any truth to that?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I was sick today and read around 250 first chapters of Jojo. It was pretty great, thanks for hyping this up.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Has anyone told Pat that doing the DLC as soon as they get to the Rotten is suicide? Because that place is basically endgame material.

If Woolie has a +10 weapon at that point what else does he really need?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

I meant endgame material as in have the awareness to dodge the gank squad and the poison grunts that basically have infinite poise.

Also Jester Thomas.

Well, time for Woolie to finally get good.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How is Woolie still not two-handing his sword?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cathair posted:

Dark Souls 1 was superior in every way, but remember to play it first, because you won't want to get into it or go back to it after you've played 2.

This is a logical statement and totally holds together, trust me

I think that almost everybody agrees on the fact that as far as actual game mechanics go, Dark Souls 2 is superior to the first game. The differences in opinions come when you start comparing bosses, the story, level design and other similar things.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cathair posted:

What.

Ok, to get on the same page here: with the other dragon fights in DS2, you can just stand in front of one or the other of their feet and attack it. They will either do a slow stomp, in which case you can simply roll toward the other foot. Rinse, repeat. Occasionally the dragon will take off and try to hit you with fire breath, just run toward the tail and resume hacking feet after landing. This is the standard strategy you are referring to and claim to have used on this boss.

This does not work for Sinh, because it's designed to gently caress you up for trying that. There's barely enough space to fit under this dragon in the first place. Most of the time, it won't even stomp, it'll do one of its other attacks and you'll get hit and flattened by other moving parts of the body. It can do the same by taking off; since there's so little space underneath, you'd better be drat good at dodging or you're going to get punted if you're hanging out underneath it when it launches. It even has an attack where it breathes fire down under itself, which has to be avoided by running to the sides, can't get away from it just by running toward the tail like other dragons.

This is weirding me out, I expected something along the lines of admitting to hyperbole but insisting that it's more or less the same thing, not insistence that literally the same strategy will work when I have never seen anything of the sort. Maybe your game bugged out or something? I don't know.

Sinh is more like Kalameet from Dark souls 1 than anything from Dark souls 2. I have a feeling that if you are used to fighting Kalameet, Sinh is going to be significantly easier. I killed Sinh on my first try and I though that he was like an easy Kalameet with some poison.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 16, 2014

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Trexy posted:

Giant Bomb just did a video series a little while back that basically just confirmed people who only played WoW at launch have no idea what a mmo is anymore.

I can help those people: All MMOs are terrible pieces of poo poo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm so glad they released Navlaan. He's like my favourite thing in the entire game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I didn't really care about the kenny hatred up up till they didn't let him hold the baby. That's a bit petty.

How will that non-existent person handle that?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Good, all three DLC are the best parts of the whole game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FatSamurai posted:

The bosses were visually interesting but seemed more like arbitrary obstacles than characters. I didn't feel like I knew or cared about them any more than the Ray you fight in the beginning. Tell me everything you learned about Vulcan Raven in MGS1 then tell me what you learned about Sundowner in his game.

Vulcan Raven: Giant and Shaman
Sundowner: A Creepy Dick

That's about everything I remember. Also, I really don't understand why some people had problems with the stone-cutting during the Armstrong fight. I though it was really easy.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Did you even that much information about Vulcan Raven if you didn't listen to the codec conversations? MGR also has a surprisingly many codecs (in a true Metal gear fashion) which flesh out things if you really want to listen to them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

DmC Devil May Cry is also a good GoW game

A good GoW game or in other words, a bad game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

All video games are terrible. Everybody should just go play chess or something.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm impressed by the new content in Guacamelee so far. Seems really well made and is well integrated.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 8, 2014

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AXE COP posted:

Cryme Tyme I hope

Well, someone got his wish fulfilled.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That picture clearly indicates that Bio Menace is NOT shareware. Have some professionalism, please.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 18, 2014

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I love the Dark souls II DLC phantoms. All of them are great.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Solaris Knight posted:

Who here is hyped for tomorrow's Super Best Bayocast?

Sorry, too busy actually playing Bayonetta 2.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The audio quality (aside from Pat) is really bad in this episode.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'll eat my hat if Sunset overdrive doesn't come to PC at some point. Scalebound is at least a year away and at that point I can probably get a cheap used xbone somewhere if it turns out to be Bayonetta 2 levels of great.

PS4 is kinda on the same boat for me. I only want it for Bloodborne, but I'm really not getting a console for 1-2 games.

Tae posted:

On the other side, PS4's exclusives are so far: The Order, No Man's Sky, Bloodborne, franchises like Uncharted and Kingdom Hearts. And especially the last two, the games tend to never touch PC.

At least No Man's Sky is confirmed for PC. That said I'm extremely skeptical about No Man's Sky, I just have a feeling that it won't deliver at all and turns out to be mediocre.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 4, 2014

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Bloodborne will probably come to the PC eventually but getting a gaming PC to replace my craptop is more expensive than a PS4 and I don't want to play a Souls game with anything but a dualshock. FF15 might actually come to PC but I'll bet that'll be a bad version!

Bloodborne is being published and funded by Sony, just like Demon's Souls. There is approximately 0% chance that it will come to PC.

Also, you can use a Dualshock 4 on PC.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Yeah but that takes more than a minute of effort.

It takes like 10 minutes to set it up and then it works forever. I'm actually using a Wii U Pro Controller on my PC right now using a bluetooth receiver and it's also great.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Does anyone know what Scalebound is even going to be yet?

Nope.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

What does this mean? I don't follow that podcast, thread or stream.

That thread has a reputation of being terrible. It's also often plagued by stupid criticism of Giant Bomb staff.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have a feeling that Pat isn't very good at troubleshooting when he has crashes/other problems in PC games.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why do people care which games won a lovely award again?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Paying attention to the vast majority any game awards in general seems like a waste of time anyhow.

This is more accurate.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I had it link to the website you could buy it from at first and then I took it down because I was paranoid I might get probated for advertising like that. Am I right or is that just paranoia?

Paranoia.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

You'd do better to wait for the updated version coming early next year. It should have a better lighting system. As Pat repeatedly mentions in the DS2 LP, they lighting downgrade really hurts some elements of the current DS2.

Has there actually been any indication that they restored the original lighting system?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dias posted:

People overreact to Liam's statements sometimes. Mostly because he's a foil to Pat and Pat's always complaining about something really poo poo, so he ends up being the guy saying "poo poo's not that bad, c'mon".

He also ends up defending the weirdest poo poo sometimes.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

All this fighting game talk lately kinda makes me wish I had ever gotten into them (or had any friends who liked them).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

DS1 is amazing. Especially if you're a strength build and the the Black Knight Sword drops. That thing is rare, but absolutely stunning.

Also, here's a picture of the pimpest hat.

My first DS1 run was fully carried by the Black Knight Halberd. It's still my favorite weapon in the game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Shields are for babies and cosplayers, that's why Bloodborne's getting rid of them.

Isn't cosplaying like 90% of what people do in the souls games?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Commissar Ken posted:

1) What do gingers have some sort of magnetic pull towards one another?

Oppressed minorities have to stick together man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Why does Pat have a hatred of goons? He'd fit right in here! This site loves people who bitch about everything except for the few things that they're incredibly passionate about. :haw:

We bitch about the things we are passionate about too.