Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Oh man, this freaking game. Gotta love some Space Rambo Ninjas.

What's a good upgrade from the Braton Vandal? I love the way it handles but would like a change of pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

hooah posted:

If you want to try something different, pick up a shotgun. Hek if you have the mastery level, sobek or strun otherwise.

Sobek's Mastery Locked too. I'm only rank 2 in, like, a good 20+ hours of play so I'm not exactly sure how the hell I'm supposed to get there anytime soon.

Strum isn't really impressing me either. Maybe it's just because it's a new gun and my Braton was rank 28.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
So hey, just noticed they added Achievments for this on steam. When did that happen?

Also, on the subject of Rhino, what does a good loadout look like for him if you want to just beast everything in the game? I've got a Strun I've almost leveled to full, have a Scindo BP I need to get galium for and I don't really know where to go for a Secondary on him.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
So after some very, very basic experimentation playing with modding my Braton Vandal and listening to the Prime Time stream it seems like trying to slap piercing hit on and have it do anything just no longer works.

My Braton has a puncture of 2.0 base. Add a fully leveled Piercing hit and that goes up to a whopping 2.8

According to the streamers, Damage 2.0 works by adding all three damage attributes together in which case I've done basically nothing compared to upping my braton's Impact damage, it's main damage source.

So... Bigger Numbers/Elemental Damage? Maybe it's just a matter of kitting the gun out for whatever effect you want now? I wouldn't mind it being a sort of Borderlands-lite thing where everything is effective but some things are more effective against certain enemies. Lets you just do what you want and shoot all the mans.

That said, I kinda hope they add some sort of UI element in the modding menu to let you know which effects you have active.

Edit: Judging from the goon rage last night when the Red Text was making jokes, I'm not sure a mumble party would work out.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Aw, Balls. Update 11 must have broken the Boltor. None of the guys I shoot stick anymore!

Man, that just takes the fun right out of it. (No it doesn't.)

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Hey guys, can I get a re-invite into the clan? I was away for a while because my computer went and died on me but I have a new one and am really liking what they did with Melee 2.0.

I went through the Google Form too if that helps any.

Edit: drat that was quick. Thanks!

On a more In-Game topic did they change anything about Armor or is it still absolute poo poo?

Crono S. Magnum fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 14, 2014

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

PathAsc posted:

Alright, up for grabs for anyone:

MODS

RARES

Barrel Diffusion x3
Hell's Chamber x1
Jagged Edge x1
Lethal Torrent x3
Metal Auger x1

Any chance I can get one each of these?

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Aesis posted:

Well this is a new bug. Corvas + Opticor + Veritux + Nikana :v:

A breakthrough in Ridiculous Weapons Technology.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

FirstPersonShitter posted:

So did they literally just nerf excal because of viver? why not fix viver instead? or even better, fix the stupid lovely rep system instead. grinding up 22,000 rep on regular missions at like 100-200 rep per mission just so i can gain the privelage to buy friggin large health restores for even more rep is not fun. I don't want to have to play hours of warframe every day to be able to get towards some weapon mods that interest me EARN MY FUN.

:smuggo:

But seriously, it's bullshit. C'mon, DE. Just let me actually have fun in your game. Grinding for basic rewards is not fun.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

winterwerefox posted:

Doing the Europa Cold Revenge for my first Catalyst, runs 4-7 gave me no credit toward completion any idea what might be up?

Make sure you're going to Map 2 at around 8 points and then map 3 when that opens up. Earlier maps don't give points anymore when you unlock their higher counterparts

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

SaffronKit posted:

Withe the new Prime Access and my usual lack of any kind common sense, I now have a great deal of Platinum and nothing to spend it on, having got most everything in the game you can get with plat. So in the spirit of the season, I will be gifting things from the store to people in the clan who post in the thread!

Leave your in-game name in a post and your mastery rank. If you are under Mastery 6, pick three things in the store and I'll get them for you! Limit one Warframe, and I'll throw in some slots and a potato of your choice too.

Anyone over Mastery 6 can pick one thing, and I'll throw some slots and potato too.

I'm going to put a limit on the number of warframes I'll buy, cause they're hella expensive and I'd like to see this plat go a distance. Lowbies get priority.

Merry Christmas, make sure to give'em hell out there. :tfrxmas:

edit: Sorry to anyone on PS4 or Xbone, but I can't send anything your guys way as I'm on PC! :(

double edit: I've been struggling to find any way to gift slots to others, I think I would have to give you guys the plat directly for it for you guys to buy them with. Pain in the rear end to do, enough so that I'd probably just deal in potatoes unless you folks happen to be on when I get on at the same time.

You are an awesome, awesome person.

My in game is CronoSMagnum and I'm rank 7. If you can swing it, I'd like a Mesa but if that's a bit much, I'll instead ask for the Tenno color palette.

Shame about the Slots being a problem. They're what I actually need.

Anyways, Thank you no matter what!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
I offered in game, but I'll make the offer again here.

I have arcane versions of Hemlock, Essence, Espirit, Flux and Coil that, frankly, I have not had any freaking luck selling. I am horrible at trading and it is christmas. If any of ya'll want one, let me know.

Please, unless you plan on gifting it to another goon, one helmet per request. I only have one of each.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Emalde posted:

I'd like to grab the Espirit helmet if possible, Tenno Santa are the best~

What's your In-Game? I'll jump in and send it your way.

Edit: I think I found you in-game, but just wanna make this official. Espirit is yours if we can get a trade going.

Crono S. Magnum fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 18, 2014

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Merry Christmas folks, just an update on my Arcane Helmet stock!

Espirit went to Emalde and Hemlock is earmarked for Xanadore.

That leaves Flux, Coil and Essence still up for grabs! Let me know if you want one!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

DoombatINC posted:

I (Gene_Freak) would love the Essence helm, but I won't be home to claim it for a few hours

Got it! I'll be on later to pass it off.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
You're doing TennoGod's work, Santa Tenno. I am legit happy to see how much the thread has adopted this whole thing.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Ekallo posted:

If the Coil helm is still available I'll gladly take it off your hands, that bonus range sounds pretty fantastic. Ekallo in-game.

Got ya on the list!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Santa Tenno's Helmet Jamboree Update!

I have just hand delivered the following helmets!

To Gene_Freak a shiny new Essence.

To Ekallo a brand new Coil.

And to Xanadore a wonderfully preserved Hemlock.

I hope you all enjoy!

I still have one helmet left looking for a new owner. An Arcane Flux. Let me know if you would like it! Remember, taking it to gift to another player is also acceptable.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

tlarn posted:

If the guy really got you an Arcane Essense helmet, that's some top-tier Tenno Santa-ing, goddamn.

Yeah. All the helmets I've gifted were Arcane.

Because it's Christmas.

Also: Thank you Tenno Claus Shalhavet! I now am the proud owner of a Brand New, 2015 Mesa!

Crono S. Magnum fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Dec 19, 2014

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Morglon posted:

I'd like the flux helmet if you still have it, same name as here.

Ahhhh, and now I feel like a dick.

I already have the Flux helmet earmarked but forgot to announce it earlier. I got a little too busy planning things out for my graduation. Sorry :(

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
So I was just doing a T4D with a group of goons. We get to wave 20 and everyone decides it's time to cash out.

I selected leave with the rest of them but at about 2 seconds left the game suddenly migrated hosts.

All that loot, gone.

Sometimes I really hate this game.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
How long does it usually take to get someone in Trade to buy something off you guys?

I've been advertising on and off for the past couple days and I have gotten loving nothing in terms of responses.

I'm selling a Frost Prime Helmet for 30p, a Boar Prime set for 75, and Shred, Accelerated Blast and Lethal Torrent for 15 each.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

If only my argon won't have decayed before I can finish building the Vasto and dual skana.

Is there any market for prime parts that have been removed from the drop table? I wanted to finish my Dakra Prime, but I still need the blade (I think). I also have 2/3 Nova prime parts.

I think I've got a Blade if you want it. What's your In Game?

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

BeAuMaN posted:

I too struggle with cores, but I maxed out Serration from the Tubemen event alone. That was the event to be there for. I pulled in...
200 Silver R5 Cores
150 Gold R5 Cores
200k Credits
1 Orokin Catalyst BP

This highlights pretty much my biggest problem with DE's methods.

Events are great and all, but if you miss them or are taking a break from the game you get put so far behind the curve that you'll almost never catch up.

They had a good idea with putting the event mods on Vor, but I feel like they need to make the rest more available in some capacity. Unless I'm missing something and there's ways to get them that don't cost hundreds of plat.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Just quoting this to say I was right, I need the blade. What's your in game name? I don't have any plat I can trade, but I have some other prime parts.

I'm in as CronoSMagnum. I tend to be in and out pretty often throughout the day, so hit me up when you get in!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

With the theoretical exception of Vauban.

I dunno man, a Frame + Slot + Potato doesn't seem bad especially if its something like Equinox where it'd take six friggin days to bake off.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

How long until the remove that too?

How long until they "rework" Exalted Blade altogether and make it have a range of 2 meters?

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Mr Beens posted:

Got it on the third try with pubs, no rhinos :)

Doesn't look like the gun comes with a pre installed catalyst

I think maybe they want you to potato it with the one from the first Survive or Die?

Either way, I don't mind. These Survive or Die alerts have been tense and awesome. I brought my Equinox along last time with one of the guild's Resonance Banshees and made everything die while desperately leaping around trying to avoid death.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

vOv posted:

I tried doing the second one with 15 minutes left and everybody else in the pub group sucked; two of them wound up leaving, and I wound up doing like 20 times as much damage as the other guy with a rank 11 potatoed Hek. We failed at wave 13. It was terrible.

Man, Pub groups can get really Hit or Miss.

I've never had this huge of a problem with them though I did once have a pub Rhino that just could not stay on his feet in one of the early Survival missions. I mean he was dying every minute or so. I give him the benefit of a doubt and assume he didn't have Iron Skin unlocked yet in that match.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Vendictus Prime posted:

Primaries only, also minus the Phage.

That brings up a question for me. I bought the Phage way back when Shotties were still bad because I was trying to do this whole "No Physical Damage/Elemental Madness" thing with my Valkyr and her Dual Ichors. Everyone said the Phage was like super good and stuff but I never quite got how it was supposed to work.

I get that it focuses in when you Aim, but I never understood what made it such an amazing thing that it out of every other shotgun in the game at the time was "good". And now it also didn't get buffed, so am I just missing something?

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Nalesh posted:

Welcome to why New Loka is best Loka.

Man, I really wish I wasn't completely hated by the Loka. I have just begun to learn the love that is the Tigris and then they drop this on me.

Oh well, suppose I should be glad I can trade in the guild for it.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

BeAuMaN posted:

As for Steel Meridian? I'll bet on Vaykor Kohm.

Watch it be a Vaykor Gorgon.

Because we don't have enough of those yet.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Everybody knows a Waluigi Frame would be superior anyways.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

BlondRobin posted:

KAIJU DOG.

Holy crap! How do you get dogs that big?! I love my DigDog, but he's a super lanky and skinny thing. I thought maybe his model had bugged out when I first got him

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

djw175 posted:

When dogs do that specific attack against a large enemy, the game upscales them for whatever strange reason.

The answer is :de:

The answer is always :de:

I would not have it any other way

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Aesis posted:

So I was at Akkad as usual, then after Wave 5 host drops out during selection. Then DE sends me to another game that was just about finishing Wave 10 :stare:

e: Got reward up to Wave 15 instead of 20 though :argh:

I once got host migrated at the end of a 40 round T4D. 2 seconds on the clock and woop, Host Migration! Puts me back in the match alone and I get nothing.

:de:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Cathair posted:

Not trying to rag on Rebecca too hard here, but I wonder what the hell happened, her oldest Lotus lines weren't perfect but they were a hell of a lot more naturally and skillfully delivered than any of the new stuff.

It's the Grineer.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

That is amazing and would be even more awesome if the mallet was a Jat Kittag

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

Vaykor Hek can't take Justice Hek mod. :rip:

So does that mean the normal Hek is still better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

yuuup

No double multishot means the damage is much lower. Vaykor Hek does have a magazine of 8, but who cares.

I wish I was more surprised by this than I am.

Great Job, :de: