Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Xun posted:

Also sorry to the goon I accidentally stood up today for the serration mod, looks like my poo poo laptop is too lovely for warframe even.

I still don't have one so you can make it up to me later!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Charles Bukowski posted:

My adopt a newbie program doesn't seem to extend beyond giving them a bunch of mods, a rhino prime frame and a bunch of void runs. They seem to pick things up pretty quickly. Isn't there a bit in the tutorial about fusing mods? This game is poo poo for explaining even basic mechanics, but I thought I remember learning that when I started. Otherwise I'd probably still be using damaged ones :P

I appreciate you running some stuff with me the other day as I go on my newbie quest of spending credits on wasteful poo poo. I never got a rhino prime though so I feel cheated.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Dumb question(s) from a noob:

Do I have to unequip mods whenever I swap weapons? So if I have something built for Grineer and something for Corpus and they use the same mods, do I have to remove all and refit the other weapon whenever I swap?

Similarly, do I have to unequip a weapon before I sell it?

I just got all the component blueprints for a Rhino and they came out of the oven today. It looks like I have a couple of extra sets of blueprints which I could use to make more. Is there any reason to keep those and make more or should I just sell the extras for credits?

Thanks!

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

SSNeoman posted:

Nope. Rifle mods can be used across all rifles you have without needing to equip them. If you level a mod beyond the capacity of one of your saved configurations, the game will warn you about this.

Nope.

No. Sell those blueprints.
But if you get any prime parts or prime blueprints, keep those as those can be traded with players or sold for ducats.

Thanks! It's a good QoL decision not to have to fiddle with mods that much. Now I just need to hit Mastery 4 so I can get another drat loadout slot.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I'm pretty pleased with my luck yesterday. I had spent all my starter plat already on slots but had an Oberon coming out of the oven yesterday without an empty warframe slot. I told myself I would spend some money on platinum either way yesterday but I'd log in first to see if I get any discount. Log in and boom, 75% off platinum. Time to buy more weapon slots!

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
So I see the void trader is coming this weekend and according to deathsnacks it will be on Pluto. So I guess I need to unlock Pluto so I can sell off some prime parts this weekend and maybe pick up one of the cheap items?

Or can folks taxi me in?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Dahbadu posted:

I'm interested in what region you're located in. Are you in the US/Canada?

Edit:

I want to earn some prime parts to sell for ducats. I have about 20 tower keys to burn through. Not sure if anyone is interested in mindlessly running void stuff with me tonight, but let's earn us some ducats! Also, newbies welcome.

Yep, US here. Now I have 4k platinum and I refuse to spend it on anything other than slots (and maybe a color palette or two).

Oh yeah and I'm always up for running tower stuff. Sweet sweet creds.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Back to extractor chat for a minute: In your experience, has the distiller been worth the oxium to build? I am in need of plastids right now but I'd rather do other poo poo than farm Saturn. The extractors are cheap enough but if I'll never dig up any uncommons then I don't see them being worth the credits. Tangentially, are DSD's better for farming resources than survival?

Also, can someone tell me what reason to have anything other than the Carrier equipped at all times? I maxed a Dethcube and Wyrm last week and neither one did anything halfway as useful as the Hoover.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Naturally Selected posted:

Found a room I've never seen before. Looks pretty drat awesome.... although goddamn it seem that AA on high still jags loving everything in screenshots.

The clouds were animated, although god drat is that wall hilariously busy. Lately it feels like the newer designs tend towards mindnumbingly busy crap splattered everywhere (see:this room/the newer Tower bits, everything archwing, etc.)

lol who has the username "Wikipedia"?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
^^^^^^^
Do you play with a controller? I do and I have the same problem all the time. I'm always flinging all around the map when I try and make the simplest jumps. Although I've found with better use of the slide dash I've gotten some cool landings. I also failed my rank 8 mastery test last night because I, for the life of me, can't do the double wallrun with any kind of consistency. I see there's an option in the controls for "auto vault over obstacles" which I haven't tried turning off but I might to see if the wacky movement gets better.

Dahbadu posted:

Thanks for posting this!

On a somewhat related note: I'm looking to tackle all these spy missions once I have a stealth-themed warframe, which I don't have yet. Since I don't like the idea of investing in a non-prime version of a warframe when a prime version exists (I'm talking about Loki here), any goons want to farm Ash parts on Uranus with me today?

Also, what specific spy missions give this out? I'm going to be farming the gently caress out of these.

I'll be home in a couple of hours and I'll go to Uranus with you. I missed you going through the nodes earlier in the week but I don't have the boss node unlocked yet. I am crazy though because I've been finishing up entire planets instead of just unlocking all the nodes. I just completed all of Sedna and Phobos the other day. :psyduck:

Lord Wexia fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 13, 2015

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Sophism posted:

It's one of my favorite guns. The damage isn't amazing, but more than good enough to get the job done, especially if you sink some formas into it. (And before a jaded goon comes out to say it's the same for every gun, the Sybaris is nowhere near the lower end in terms of performance.) It's one of those guns that just feels right to me.

I'm on the other end of that. I used a Tiberon the other week and loved it (after loving the Latron) and I just finished of a Sybaris and haven't enjoyed using it nearly as much. The magazine seems so small, even with a maxed Mag Warp.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I may be a crazy person, but I actually like the idea of needing to carry a secondary weapon that can help you with multiple types of enemies. I'm picturing in a crossfire mission to be in an area full of Corpus so you bring all of your Magnetic and such weaponry out to smash them (your Gammacor, obviously). Then in the next area you are up against a bunch of Grineer so you pull out your Boltor Prime and tag all of them to walls.

As it is now though, I'd like to swap back and forth but the swap time and the reloading times make it not fun. What game was I playing the other day where the lore said, "Weapons are so advanced that they reload when holstered!"?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
On the flip side, I hate bows so I can level those by taking them into missions and letting the bow leech off of a Gammacor or Marelok.

Still doesn't solve the problem of only one weapon being useful at a time.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Hey so why doesn't the Penta do well against nullifiers? I shot a null with a dread last night and the force field went zooooooom and shrunk so fast, but the penta grenade just plinks dinkily like a dink off the field and the AoE does jack and poo poo. Sucks!

Wait a bow can go well against a nullifier shield? I though their mechanic was each shot plinks some away. Either way still probably isn't going to replace my Soma/Gammacor combo.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Denzine posted:

Secondaries have a higher average dps than primaries. That's not the problem.

The problem is that it takes three loving seconds to swap guns.

edit: do not make me have to swap guns with de's loving ridiculous ideas on how weapon swapping should be done, i swear to god ill cut u

I agree let's swap guns but let's lower the swap time too. My muscle instincts are such that when I run out of ammo in a primary weapon's magazine, I want to quickly switch to a sidearm to finish off the thing coming right towards me.

Now in a game such as Warframe where there's poo poo constantly running towards you, that isn't as valid, particularly against Infested. However, with Corpus you could have a weapon take down a shield then swap to another for health. Or versus Grineer, a secondary to pop a butcher after taking down the bombard behind it.

Someone tell me that wouldn't be more edit: ok, maybe not more fun. Again this is all provided that the swap time is MUCH shorter.

Lord Wexia fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 17, 2015

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It wouldn't be more fun. Why need two guns to kill a dude when you can just mow him down with one.

Because Twin Gremlins are cool dual-nailguns but I never use them because Kohm supremacy.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

hooah posted:

Why are you assuming you can only switch/reload when you're empty?

I think because he is looking at it as maxing-dps. Like in WoW or something you have to mash all of your poo poo on cooldown so that you get maximum DPS at all times. If it was true passive reloading, your goal would be to empty your primary clip and immediately switch to your secondary so there is no loss in DPS.

Warframe isn't really a game like that though (at least not that I've experienced so far), so I don't know why we have to think of it in those terms.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Yursa. Semenei. Void captures.

What makes those two Dark Sector places good for credits? Is it just a 5-rounds/minutes and out kind of thing or is there benefit to sticking around?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Passburger posted:

Lol, Baro's selling primed continuity again...and Eos Breast-plate, only thing that might be new is the prism-scarf.

If I don't have one of those (started playing 3 weeks ago), are these primed mods any good?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Does this double credit thing apply to mission rewards too? If so let's do some fuckin Yursa this weekend who's with me

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Solumin posted:

Now I wish I hadn't sold my Galantine :sigh:

On the other hand, I do have four days to get an acceptable weapon. I have a Scindo Prime BP, is it worth trying to get the blade and handle before the tactical alert expires? Otherwise I'll start making a Gram, I guess.

Wait I haven't logged in yet, what do you need a Galantine for?

Actually anyone who has done the tac alert wanna give the work crew the scoop?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

trephine posted:

Wexia, I (trehp) have that Loki chassis for you. I'd PM but I don't know your forums username. I'll be around today for a few hours.

Thanks trehp, I gotta run to work but I'll be back around later this afternoon if you're still in.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

EroticBlacksmith posted:

If you kill a boss you get a Stalker mark. You can have 1 stalker mark per boss. If you're marked you have a low chance in any non-boss and non-syndicate mission for the Stalker to show up. If one of you kills the other the mark is used up, if you abort, the mark stays. None of the void "bosses" give a stalker mark. I can't remember if Lephantis does or not.

If you run 5 invasions against Corpus (i.e. for the Grineer) you get a Zanuka Hunter mark. You can only have 1 Zanuka Hunter mark. The Zanuka Hunter can show up in any non-boss, non-syndicate Corpus mission.

If you run 5 invasions against Grineer (i.e. for the Corpus) you get a G3 mark. You can only have 1 G3 mark. The G3 can show up in any non-boss, non-syndicate mission.

A special note, NONE of the hunters can show up in Venus or Mercury missions.

I'm sure there's some details I've missed, but that's the general gist of hunters in Warframe.

When people are talking about a "Stalker Hunt" or whatever, are they just getting 4 people together with marks and sitting in a mission for 4 minutes and if no dudes show up, bail?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

DoombatINC posted:

Catalyst Blueprint on Saturn for the next 70 minutes

...I say while phone posting at work :(

Sometimes I really hate the alert crap. Will I ever get a Vauban? No, unless they start putting chasis and helmet alerts between 6pm and 10pm EST.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

That's for the Gambit sub-type helmet, for the component helmet blueprint itself the last was:

Amalthea (Jupiter): Enemy Task Force Located - 119m - 5900cr - Vauban Helmet (Blueprint) 9:52 PM - 24 Feb 2015

Which is downright almost reasonable!

gently caress I didn't even see that. Where was I then? Who knows. Alright I take back my alert poo poo-talk.

Lord Wexia fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 3, 2015

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Did I just get a notice for a Vauban Chasis while the game is down? My alert-hate returns.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Another Vauban Chassis alert just popped. Because while 5 am was unreasonable, 7 am is so much better...?

I think they re-popped it because the last one happened during maintenance. Lucky me I had to work from home today. :smugdog:

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Khorne posted:

E Gate is one of the most abusive things I've ever participated in. Apparently you can do it on most excavations if you find a spot about 10m above the ground. In 20 minutes I received 15 r5 cores, 100k credits, 30k polymer bundles (huge imo), a bunch of circuits but I had 500k already so kinda doesn't matter, and an obscene amount of other mods.

People are apparently afk macroing it. Because you don't have to move or target anything. You literally mash desecrate non-stop on 2 nekros and a greedy pull mag. Banshee ults and goes afk for 30 minutes because blue orbs work while channeling and the mag is pulling them on you.

I was reading about this and I could go for the poly and the credits. Also I hear it's decent xp for leveling stuff. The rumor is that nulls start spawning at 1 hour so you have to extract before then, but honestly I can't imagine sitting in one place mashing 3 or having a macro do it

I'll get on this bandwagon tonight if it doesn't get patched out. I have a Nekros ready to go!

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Alright so my singular goal between now and then is to farm up the Frost Systems since that's the only piece left that I need. Maybe I can sell off some Latron and Reaper pieces too since I have those already.

See you all in Tower 4 Survival!

Edit: If some goons are in need I'll offer up whatever I happen to have at very reasonable prices rather than the fleecing going on in trade chat. 150p for a Frost Prime set? Geez.

Lord Wexia fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 17, 2015

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
If anyone gets an extra Vasto BP in their quest for frost bits, I'd probably buy it off you or trade it for Frost/Latron/Reaper bits. Wexia in game.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Turhis posted:

So wanted to check out this game and looked over OP and it has 3 options for every starter weapon but when I'm playing the tutorial I can only see 2 options at every select, Sword / Bo at melee, Pistol / Kunai in secondary and Braton / Paris at Primary, did they change this ooor? Mainly asking because I wanted to play with shotgun :(

The only shotgun worth playing with is the Kohm. So power through with what you're given and build one of those ASAP.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Is this a squad of Chromas? I need to do this when mine is done building.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

DoombatINC posted:

Wait for a 75% off login coupon and then spend $35 on this terrible video game

Yes please do this! I got a 75% off coupon and dropped $50 and it's more plat than I will need for a long time.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Hotfix fuckin' with Effigy's credit boosting. RIP, 140k credit rewards every 2 minutes.

As we were in one, too. Oh well. Back to the void I guess.

Wait I thought they were trying to get us out of the void?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
So I've been leveling a Loki in the void over the past few days and I honestly don't get all the hype. I don't find his abilities that fun at all. The invis is cool, sure, but everything else lacks the "punch" of some of the other characters. I wouldn't dare call it a "bad" frame, but definitely not for me.

I'm curious to know what folks' general opinions are on their personal favorite frames to play. I'm not talking about frames that are top-tier or whatever. Instead, what's fun to gently caress around in a void survival or whatever. My top 3* (in no particular order) would be:

1) Oberon
2) Zephyr
3) Trinity

What about you guys?

*I have not played Vauban yet

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Nalesh posted:

After finally getting the Brakk, I thought it's not enough to show that the game can't break me, but I must make it my bitch.

Oh wow that's cool. How long/difficult was that one? I had to look that up because I had no idea what it was.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Sandweed posted:

PSA: If you buy the prisma shade you get the gun too.

Thank you for this! I was hoping that would be the case. Heck yes gimme that mastery.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Dead on Arrival posted:

I am only Mastery 8, does that lock me out of anything I should be gunning for? And thanks for the advice.

Pro-tip for Mastery (from someone at Rank 16): Mastery doesn't mean poo poo after Rank 10. Unless you are a crazy person don't grind for mastery after that.

Or do. It gives you something to do and you get to try new guns and frames. Nothing is mastery locked after 10 though other than loadout slots.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

DE_Adam posted:

Title: Vulklok Damage Adjustments

Our recent release of the Vulklok Sentinel weapon has shown the weapon to be a little too powerful compared to other Sentinel weapons -- largely because it's not a Sentinel weapon at all. After reviewing the overall damage of the Vulklok we realized too late that the weapon's damage was mirroring another sniper weapon in game: the Lanka.

As a result, using the Diriga became a pretty overpowering experience as the little Grineer Sentinel was packing heat it really shouldn't have gotten its electrified tentacles on. True to its Grineer heritage, the Diriga is certainly good at re-purposing other technology for its own use!

Because of this we are currently planning for the following changes to be made to the Vulklok Sentinel weapon:

The Vulklok will remain to be a high crit sniper weapon, but with reduced accuracy at a distance and while moving. Vulklok's current rate of fire will be reduced. Proc chance for electric procs will be increased. Vulklok's current weapon damage decreased.

We understand that these changes will be a little jarring for anyone that has gotten used to the Diriga's current weapon prowess and apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

-DE_Adam

Comment: At least now it won't kill the synthesis target all the time...

Can't say I'm surprised. This makes it a little tougher to bring under-leveled guns into a mission and rely on the sentinel instead. Regardless I like the electric proc so I might keep it around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
So I am thinking about dropping Steel Meridian and switching to the right-hand side syndicates. When I started playing I didn't realize I could be in 3 so I just did Red Veil and Steel.

Before I drop steel (I have the weapons, weapon mods, and syndana) what warframe mods should I pick up?