Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
PC with premium was cheaper than buying the Standard PS4 version because NZ prices are worse somehow than Australian ones... and I don't have a PS4.

so um, yeah. I am become autism, destroyer of nerds.

Edit: I don't like how every round I played ended up as both teams lining up at opposite ends of a hallway, spamming grenades with no obvious way to sneak around behind and stab mans.

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Currently my Kay Dee, it's bad... bro.

Kind of wanting to hook up a ps3/360 controller because ugh too many buttons and weirdness with keyboard.

Seriously: why does crouch/prone need FOUR options?

Crouch (toggle)
Crouch (hold)
Crouch (toggle) Prone (Hold)
Prone

There are separate movement key options for infantry and every vehicle type.

:pcgaming:

I don't know how to get the iPad battle screen thing working, like if I set up filters in the server browser on the tablet, it propagates through to the PC and vice versa. but I can't join games.

On the plus side, it hasn't crashed yet.

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 2, 2014

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Much lower option paralysis?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Knives only domination is goddamn amazing. :ese:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Playing against people who have six months head start is frustrating as all get out. Are any of the starting guns not poo poo?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
But single player unlocks the shank and the machete!*

*I'm only going to play enough of it to unlock these.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Dumb campaign mode is dumb. Still, the unlockable guns seem pretty sweet.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
The only real problems I've got on PC are having to listen to Australians, and my non-goon buddies only ever wanting to play Locker/Metro. :shrug:
If people are still playing, I'll probably get a PS4 with battlefield when I'm less busy with other things (work/music/etc.), and if/when a BF4 + Premium is released like they did with BF3.

It's fun and all, but not worth paying NZ$200 (again) that it is currently.

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 15, 2014

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

stevey666 posted:

I see what you did there! As if NZ and AU dont have the same accents. Hah!

Gotta agree with Seedge here. The amount of hours put in I think has been worth it.

But we don't. NZ has Fush un Chups, Australia has Feesh ind Cheeps.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
I don't know why when you unlock the larger Ammo boxes/Medikits that the smaller ones don't disappear because there's no reason to use them any more, like the Individual perks did in BF3 once you'd unlocked all the squad upgrades.

fake edit: the answer is always :dice:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

They behave differently. The larger ones are stationary but more effective. The smaller ones give less ammo/health but can be picked up on the move and taken with you or even thrown at moving teammates. They are different items. I personally prefer the first aid pack to the medic bag because I don't want to have to stop moving to self-heal when I'm rolling round Rodeo Locker with a shotgun. I'd rather be able to heal in smaller increments (you get unlimited packs; just has a cooldown) on the run than become a sitting duck who heals slightly faster.

Thanks!

alansmithee posted:

Actually the answer is you're wrong and they do have reasons to still be used.

That was uncalled for. Dick.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Wait for the inevitable premium edition that will package both the game and a premium code.

Though seriously, you guys are gonna buy the dlc anyway so what's the point. :v:

...and that is when I'm getting the ps4 version. The game should be fixed by then, but then again :dice:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

drat straight, the game's only a grind if you make it one. :smugbert:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
The game saves a checkpoint before the final scene right before you choose Irish/Hannah/Do nothing. Quit the game just before that (Like in Baku :hurr:), and make another copy of your save file.
Go back in and finish the game, then quit after getting the unlock for that ending, restore the save game backup, and repeat without having to play the complete final mission.

This is the bit where someone tells me the save games are protected and can't be copied isn't it?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
a dog tag and some camouflage at the moment.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
See also: "10 Commander Leadership ribbons".

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

What a scrub. Guess I'll just have to keep playing Dark Souls 2 instead.

I've got Last of Us and a PS3 still. I'm completely terrible at it, and have literally only played 2 rounds of MP (because it's not as fun as Uncharted 2 MP's hip fire wildly + punch mans mechanic)... but if you're looking for bros to talk bollocks with...

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Sure let's play some time. Do you have the dlc, or just stock maps?

I bought the season pass... not really sure why.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Joe and I are terrible at TLoU. Also the grenade launcher they added is awful and I'm not even convinced it does damage.

speak for yourself, I ranked up!

:ssh: from 0 to 1.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
It's something to do with all the client side prediction in game, BF3 did it as well. :dice: basically

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've seen Sankersizzle and scott playing PS3 BF4. I haven't played since the beta and I think Chalupa Joe is on PC now, but everyone else must be on PS4 by now.

I am, and I hate it: Knifing is broken as gently caress, I keep getting shot through walls and the only maps everyone ever plays are Locker or Metro... I also got kicked from a flood zone server last night for using the airburst on the admins, who were sniping from a rooftop :negative:

Whenever :dice: FIX THE drat GAME release a Premium version with all the dlc (or christmas comes, or whatever) I'll move to PS4.

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 20, 2014

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Why are you under the impression console BF4 is any different?

I'm not, it's :dice: all the way down. But console has the "buddies talking about random poo poo" feature built in, which apparently is also in the PC version, except no one uses it in favour of farting about with Teamspeak/Mumble like it's nineteen loving ninety seven still... At the moment I'm mostly just playing the commander app anyway.

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 21, 2014

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Guys, I'm not sure this gaming in the 21st century thing is all it's cracked up to be...

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Are you for real complaining about having to double click a thing to talk to people? I get some of the complaints about PC stuff, and I won't pretend some things aren't annoying, but mumble is painless after you spend ten seconds setting it up and the conversation is more or less the exact same stuff as I experienced on Xbox.

No, I'm just using hyperbole because this game annoys me, yet I am unable to stop playing it.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

Hey, BFgoon TLoU crew, I re-borrowed my dude's PS3 and got the new maps installed. Let's shiv some mans over the three day weekend. I heard on a podcast that multiplayer servers will be shared between the original and "remastered" (PS4ce) editions, and I really hope that turns out to be the case. :ohdear:

Sure I'm down for some combination of drinking, Tourette's, and forgetting what the controls are. :getin:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Setting the network update thing to high results in constant disconnections, so dropped it down to medium and:

I'm still getting shot through walls, can't hit anything, and ugh gently caress this game :negative:.

Go and play one round of BF3, and it's a world apart: the guns are like goddamn lasers, knifing isn't janky, and actual fun is still to be had.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
It's a connection in New Zealand.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Scob posted:

This is the most fun ive had with battlefield in 3 years lol

Ain't that the truth

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Seedge posted:

Lots of teamwork on the monster side! I think Evolve is going to suffer from Build Order-itis, as once people figure out the efficient way to level up your monster, it'll suck the joy out.

Who's up for stickmans this weekend?

It's on like Donkey Kong!

Maybe I'll even level up to... um... 2.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

yellowcar posted:

Shut up about numbers and post more hatemail.

Seriously, it's as bad as the PC thread.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

tehinternet posted:

:smug::smugdog::smuggo:

PC gaming? More like PC GAYMING amirite?!

:smug::smugdog::smuggo:

I concur.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

lostleaf posted:

Sony is having a sale on Battlefield Premium for $32. Any goons please chime in if this is worth it or not. I haven't played in about 3 months.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/battlefield-4-premium/cid=UP0006-BLUS31162_00-PREMIUM000000000

It still shows as full price on the EU/Aus/NZ store.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

It makes sense to skip BF4 on console if you already have it on PC. I just don't, and I'm not spending $200 on this game+premium twice. Hopefully by the time I can afford it they have a premium version of the game with everything packed in like they did with BF3.

I need an adult. :gonk:

There's a free week-long trial of BF4 on origin, I'm not sure if that's a week of actual game time, or just a week to play as much as possible. Either way the trial only starts the first time you start the game up.

Come see how awful Locker is. :getin:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Pro click right there, holy poo poo.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Oh, I did. Of course, then I realized I have three people to play it with and none of us are on the same schedule so I haven't actually played it yet. :toot:

Highlights include a round of Locker that was actually fun instead of the usual dick-punching meat grinder, me forgetting that Golmud railway is actually the worst map, and Manatee getting kicked from a server at lvl 8 for being too good at the game.

It's also possible to get stabbed whilst swimming?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Lucky SOB, I think the RNG hates me, it's like Payday 2 all over again:

All I seem to get is camouflage, attachments for sniper rifles, and 25% boosts

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 10, 2014

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Outside of Locker and Floodzone almost all the maps in this game are better than the BF3 maps. Maybe Dawnbreaker isn't great as well, it comes up so rarely in most server rotations now that I have no idea if it is as terrible as I think it is.

Dawnbreaker isn't too bad, it needs to have more paths through the buildings instead of the majority of them being solid blocks, but seems to have a decent mix of cover and open space. There being at least 4 jets available is completely pointless though.

Silk Road is an Armored Kill map done properly. so I guess that counts as good.
Operation Mortar is ok, because it has some semblance of cover from the gunship... well except it's the only map in the Naval Strike pack which doesn't have it.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Skater h8er posted:

so since most of the xbone crew is getting destiny is there a clan thing on there already set up or no.

Are any of the PS4krew getting Destiny? I'm mighty tempted to switch platforms.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
For some reason I'm finding it quite amusing that the trading card system in NHL which started as achievements in the 2002 iteration, is now (if I'm reading this correctly) paid DLC that enables the custom team mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

yellowcar posted:

Reminder that 2 SLAMS was all it took to kill a tank back at launch. Making it take 3 is still somewhat reasonable. Especially since the blast radius got nerved.

Take a support buddy with you and that's still at least two opportunities for SLAMbike.

• Locked thread