Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

Section Z posted:

Tl:DR Boss Fight

I'm sure this is a common complaint, but I just built a cobblestone ceiling and cheesed the dragon by shooting it through small openings I dug in at intervals. I kinda wish the bosses did more damage to your structures/the environment while perhaps deactivating your ability to build during the battle.

That said, I admire your creative approach to fighting the dragon by creating your own boss stage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

CitrusFrog posted:

I'm still pootling around on the starter planet, but in my short time with the game I've already found half a dozen melee weapons including a giant fire hammer and my current favourite, an Odin-worthy spear that hurls lightning with LMB and poisons enemies with RMB, as well as a couple of Avian machine guns from my recent discovery of an underground Avian temple, which I summarily murdered my way through and then robbed blind, finding in the process a wonderful golden duckie and a few starmap and data screens.

I'm still totally clueless as to what else to do (and apparently my ship won't use unrefined wood for fuel so I'm stuck coalmining) and would love to jump in on some goon shenanigans at some point. Any goon servers up currently? I read the first few pages then jumped forward to the last ten ao forgive me if I missed anything.

Protip: plant a tree farm and burn wood in a stone furnace for quick coal.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Shoehead posted:

I should fix up me and Desi's buttbot mod. I should actually mod this month. ..

Finish the skellies! It's by far my favorite mod and has revitalized my interest in the game. Nothing quite as rad as tearing up the universe as a purple mohawked skeleton. Should be integrated into the game imo.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

As I said before, I put this game down for awhile until I discovered Skellies, which has led me to scouring the mod repository for interesting content. If you're not a vanilla purist, then here's a few I'd recommend so far that give the game some more mileage until future updates:

Skellies (of course): http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/skellies.994/
Be a rad skeleton dude or dudette, won't you?

Simple Extended Character Creation Mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/simple-extended-character-creation-mod-now-even-easier.218/
Needed to mod in custom races (like the dang Skellies)

Starfoundry :http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/starfoundry.1302/
Automate your base with hoppers, pipes, energy generators and batteries, gravity elevators, liquid extractors and more.

Planetside Teleporters: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/planetside-teleporters.1031/
As the name implies, teleport around a planet using custom coordinates. Pretty handy.

XS Corporation Mechs: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/xs-corporation-mechs.1341/
Badass mechs. Oorah.

Pixel Goods Store: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/pixel-goods-store.1348/
Buy custom furniture for pixels, neato!

Chemistry: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/chemistry.1710/
I haven't tried this one yet so I can't say if it works or not, but I can vouch for ISaidNo being an awesome coder from SS13, so I'm sure this is legit great.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

Supernorn could have been the link between this thread and the developers that both sides needed. He could have seen legitimate issues like "hey, is this NPC armor thing actually a bug, or are they meant to be this loving impossible?" and "that first dungeon is really broken, is that going to be fixed or is this working as intended, because it's awful" and brought them to Tiy and the others, or allayed fears. He could have said "yeah, sorry guys, that's not what we intended, hopefully we'll fix it soon!" or he could have said any number of things.

But instead we got this.

supermom led the charge to have poo removed from ss13 and would get passive aggressively holier-than-thou buttmad when people criticized his new sprites for that (free) game as well, so none of this is surprising really

it's actually hilarious

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Man Whore posted:

plz re-add horse AI, because it was funny.

bring back the horse titty and, hell why not, add the horse butt, the horse pussy.... you get where I'm going with this :wink:

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

grim creapy

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

:vince:

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

if u dont like starbound youre trash tier and your opinion is gay, or, homosexual

I'm homo, some would say a huge fag even, and guess what: starbound is actually good

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

I've checked your sources and I'm finding some serious methodological flaws here.

For instance, Starbound is bad.

I have the mental illness that makes me crave huge amounts of cock and play Starbound 24/7 and I can attest: it's great

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Bauxite posted:

Everyone left in the thread is an angry, bitter nerd over 15 dollar purchases and spergs about how terrible and poo poo this game that they totally don't play is. It's a cycle of the same 4-6 people posting the same lovely opinions as though they were fact. There isn't much of a point of posting counterpoints in this thread.

speak for yourself

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

oddium posted:

One morning the Chucklefish dog had a... um... "early release" (:D) in the hallway and Tiy spent the rest of the day wondering who brought in a physical copy of Starbound :roflolmao:

Starbound...it's dog poo poo. From a dog's rear end in a top hat lmfao

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

XboxPants posted:

I dunno, rather, it sounds like you guys are loving morons

The mere notion of having structures that only work on planets is a sign that they don't even understand game design?

What about all the ideas that have been tossed about and gotten love in this thread before, like having structures on a planet that mine resources for you automatically? You're really gonna bitch if they add something like that and it only works on a planet, but not on your spaceship?

"Planetside-only structures" is not an insane concept, you are just retarded.

Please don't troll the Starbound thread.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

eviljimmy posted:

Jesus christ you guys are terrible. What is the point in the thread if everyone is just saying "lol game is poo poo and everything they do and try is poo poo"? If this is representation of the player base then no wonder the devs seem to not give a gently caress.

If it is so loving awful then don't play it or better yet lets try and come up with some ideas to make the bad parts good?

The mining could be improved greatly with faster upgrades and different mining tools. A mining laser would be nice or mining robots that have a search for <ore type> and bring back a certain amount.
A scanner device that made ores glow would be ace as well.

I think stuff should need to be set up on a planet to allow for some of this stuff. Power generators to power mining bots and research stations to unlock tech upgrades or better ships. I can imagine setting up bots that will smooth out the land and from there you can land the ship and upgrade it as part of a process.

stuntwaffle posted:

Please don't troll the Starbound thread.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Gosh darnit you know what I meant! I want context motherfucker.

Starbound - it's poo poo, it's gay, it's loving retarded and, well, some people like that sort of thing. So much, in fact, they will work for the company that makes it and get buttmad when they fall flat on their face while trying to handwave away the fact that

Starbound - it's poo poo, it's gay, it's loving retarded

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Rrussom posted:

Stuntwaffle, what happened?
I thought you and the norn were bros.

I'm a twisted psychopath, Norn knows this

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

ubachung posted:

In the absence of 'good' posts I'd prefer no posts at all. Instead we get this thread, a shining example of goon humour.

I'm also unsure why you would expect anyone in this thread to make a 'good' post. Why bother when you can poo poo and run to the adulation of literally several goons.

:suezo:

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Asimo posted:

Starbound is a bad game.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Rrussom posted:

Alpaca my bags when i've stopped being XboxPants'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqMVXX6VEYw

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Evilreaver posted:

Here's one they forgot

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

XboxPants posted:

I said it was easy to survive. I didn't say it wasn't tedious.

Bandages come out of the little pixel containers now too, so you don't even have to bother crafting a ton. You just have to press your hotbar bandage button after every few hits. Tedious, sure, not fun, sure, but it's not hard.

The point is, it's easy to not die.

this is a multi-tiered irony trolling technique or autism, cheers either way

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Rrussom posted:

Stumpwaffle, I'm pretty sure there is no difference between the two.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

lmao

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Wow xboxpants must really ruffle your jimmies something fierce. Our you love him and are too shy to tell him how you feel. It's ok he loves you back.

I want to gently caress his rear end.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

BaylonGreyjoyDies posted:

that wwas an honest question someobe bought me this on steam a long time ago and it sucked... is it good now

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

:nsavince:

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

Tomorrow, if the update is good (the update is good you can play it right now lmao,) I'll buy people starbound.

:toxx: At least 3 copies :toxx:

If you would like general information about psychiatric care, you can head over to the Psychiatric Q&A Megathread in The Goon Doctor: it is available as a resource with the caveat that it NOT be used as a therapy thread.

If you feel that you might be suicidal, we urge you to contact the Suicide Hotline at 800-273-8255 or navigate to http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ for a live chat and additional resources.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

Not cool Stuntwaffle.

oh woops, Starbound is good now, my bad :gerty:

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

His post actually accounted for that though, if you read it.
Making jokes about suicide is still bad.

problematic, hmm yes, I see the light now :tipshat:

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

Good, I'm glad I opened your eyes, now please no more trolling in the starbound thread.

efb I wwas just about to tell you the same

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

The problem with all of these little errors is they're impossible to find until we've uploaded to steam, and uploading a new build to steam takes nearly 30 minutes each time. So we fix one thing and we find something else. It's very frustrating.

(from a dev)

Every time I punch myself in the dick, my balls hurt, but I CAN'T STOP DOING IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

It's very frustrating.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

wow, ever since the update the trolls are really coming out of the woodwork

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

oddium posted:

[Tiy collapses in the middle of a snowstorm on Hoth, the sun rapidly setting]

Obi-Wan: "Tiy."

Tiy: "Ben..."

Obi-Wan: "Tiy. Get rid of the energy bar you knucklehead. And moving slower while walking backwards ?? What's going on in that noggin of yours."

Tiy: " Dagobah system..."

Tiy: If we don't get stable out by the end of the day, we're in big trouble. Look at them, they're trashing our game.

Obi-Wan: That's no game.... it's Starbound.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Eonwe posted:

man i cant believe i made someone mad enough about a video game to spend IRL money for this new av

lmfao

ahahahhaa I'm jealous

edit: loving lol nvm

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

the twist is.... I actually think the game is OK if a little undercooked but this is too rich, thanks mystery person

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Blazing Zero posted:

you play an unfun minecraft 2d clone lmao

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my rear end and mouth!

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

the "Starbound is a dick" meme has potential as in everyone itt is getting hosed by it

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Eonwe posted:

i wish starbound was a dick so i could put it in my rear end and mouth

whoa me too :hf:

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Eonwe posted:

id suck starbound

haha

I want to put it.... inside of my rear end in a top hat :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

• Locked thread