Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

uggy posted:

I do actually wonder what everybody's fav/pet card is.

Easily Young Pyromancer. Sadly, in everything but Vintage he is incredibly underwhelming and a trap. Close second is Skullclamp. Sadly, its banned in everything but Vintage. Unfortunately, the only place my top two favorites go together is Vintage and I'm too poor to afford it :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Dungeon Ecology posted:

On a related note, I love hearing about the different names that people/playgroups have adopted for different cards. Young Peezy et al.
I think Stinkweed Pimp is one of my favs.

Anyone have any of those to share?

Young Money for the Youngest of Pyromancers.

Just look at that bling!

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Full Fathoms Five posted:

So is there actually any way of getting FtV stuff anywhere close to MSRP? Is there even an MSRP? I never even bothered trying because any that looked interesting sold for secondary market value of everything inside right out of the gate.

Some LGS's sell them at MSRP. Mine usually gets 4-8 right when they come out, and everyone who wins one of their weekly tournaments the week it comes can buy it at MSRP if they want to. And conveniently the prize payout for winning a weekly there is usually within 5-10 dollars of the MSRP.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Fingers McLongDong posted:

And why does anyone think herald of torment or SotL are bad cards/going to be under $1? Im genuinely curious. Spirit already seems to have a demand in several formats and I think herald is severely underrated right now and will be more appreciated when nightveil specter rotates out. I could be wrong though.

The spirit is very very similar to Thalia in its uses. It attacks the same types of decks along a similar axis with nearly the same restrictions in deckbuilding as Thalia has. And she has been played a lot, and still has never really been over $5 iirc. They will both be played forever, but the demand for them is so small compared to standard cards, and the supply is so large that they don't get expensive.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Well I could see that. I'd still snatch them up pretty quick if I could get sets for $1/card for trade fodder if nothing else. Still can't imagine either card hanging under $1 unless something from JiN comes out that's more useful post-rotation.

I bought a set of Thalias for $10 about 3 months after DKA came out. I bet Spirit will be at that price point at least until rotation.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Jabor posted:

Kinda want a high-res version of that art for proxies.

Within a couple weeks it will be here. A great source for all your proxying needs. Galleries here and here. They did this with all the moxen + power9 within a week of the new modo art being announced.

edit: Especially useful is their habit of old-bordering and old rule-style text to make vintage decks look more consistent.

L0cke17 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 19, 2014

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

ScarletBrother posted:

Anyone know a good place to buy foreign language (Russian or Japanese) basic lands? The Wonder Weapon has me rethinking my Beta Basics.

They're usually miserably hard to come by. Best thing to do is look for starter packs in that language, as most of them come with a pack of basic lands. You can usually get ~8 of each land from a set for 35-40 if you trawl ebay enough.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

jassi007 posted:

Its time for best non-full art basics!

Swamp and Island, no contest ladys and gents.

I'm sorry, but you are clearly wrong here. Old border is always best border because it matches your dual lands, and if you aren't playing dual lands why are you playing that format?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Livingtrope posted:

The old borders are bad, Jace is cool, and anarchy reigns

Stinky Pit posted:

Someone ban this fucker here

If you think the new border is better than the old border you are not only wrong, but also blind. Next people will be saying artifacts should have a silver frame instead of a brown one and that that newfangled tap symbol is actually better than spelling out the words.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Serperoth posted:

I love the old border, but poo poo-brown artifacts suck. Although I'll admit I like the Judge promos of them, such as that one sword (Fire and Ice I think?), they're so... Retro? Not sure what I'm looking for.

I still think brown looks better than the washed out silver they use now, but the Judge Foils have a much better color balance than most old artifacts, and better quality control so they look better overall.

jassi007 posted:

I've played since revised :corsair: but I hate when things don't match so I have to play modern and new frames, gently caress legacy with a delver and a dual land and a FS goyf you can't mix poo poo like that. I'm going to play legacy affinity with FTV ancient tombs.

I actually agree with you here. What I want more than anything is for them to print a Legacy/Vintage Masters set in paper, with all of the new-border-only decent cards released so far printed in the old card frame so they match the duals.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

LordSaturn posted:

Terese Nielsen is a national treasure.

I think this is her best magic art personally. Although I like most of the things she has done.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

ChewyLSB posted:

I bought one of her signed prints of this off her website after polling my non magic friends of which of her arts from her website would look the best. It looks really spiffy on my wall framed.

I wanted to do that, but bought fetches instead because I couldn't justify it just to look at.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

What a Judas posted:

It's not like prints are that expensive. You can afford both.

I also wanted the bigger of the prints, which she wanted $100 for. I don't have a wall that is safe for pictures that I can put up something that small at the moment and still see it well. (I live in a terrible apartment while I finish my degree with 3 other roommates in a 2 bedroom apartment)

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Korak posted:

Sam Black is apparently 2-4. Whatever brew he brought seems to not be working. :rant:

Keep in mind half of that record is Draft. He may be 2-1 in constructed and have drafted poorly. Check on that before ranting too much I guess.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Fox of Stone posted:

I like to imagine how absurd modern prices will be when SCG finally switches over and does modern Sundays due to the larger player base. :allears:

Probably never going to happen, at least not for a long time. Without the Legacy Opens the market for every card pre-8th edition becomes effectively casuals and EDH only, tanking a large part of their inventory's value. Unless they sell out of old cards first, it is unlikely they will switch sundays to anything other than Legacy.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

What's the difference between Modern and Legacy? Just an available card pool?

Is there any reasons to play Modern over Legacy or Legacy over Modern?

Legacy is much better. Its got all the best cards, and everything's broken and unfair somehow, making every game insanely fun.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Stinky Pit posted:

That's totally OK. Just be a good member of your community instead, your LGS owner isn't going to mind that you don't spend a lot of money there if you contribute to an atmosphere and community that help attract other players.

I'm similar. I almost never buy cards there, maybe once every couple months when they update the foreign case or its bad decks night or somethīng. Even if I have the store credit to cover it I still make a point to pay entry fees in cash and buy a few bucks of snacks every week so they at least get something out of me. By my count though I have 'made' money off of them though if I count store credit spent on cards as money.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

ScarletBrother posted:

What MtG podcasts do you guys find worthwhile? I listen to Limited Resources and The Eh Team. I don't care about Standard, so podcasts that focus on that will not interest me. Thanks.

Everyday Eternal is great imo. They mostly cover Legacy, and are very entertaining.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

ScarletBrother posted:

Question about Cabal Therapy: Do you name the card as you cast CT or when it resolves? Based on the wording it looks like you name it as you cast CT, but I want to be sure.

There's also an interesting interaction where you can cast Therapy, and name a card. This is you shorthanding declaring a shortcut where your opponent passes priority and, then you name a card. However, if your opponent decided to respond, the shortcut is interrupted, and any choices you made are no longer binding. Example I remember from somewhere. You have seen your opponent's hand, it has Force of Will , blue card, Lightning Bolt. You cast therapy, and declare you're naming lightning bolt. If your opponent doesn't respond, the spell resolves and they discard the bolt. But if they respond, say by bolting your face, you can instead name Force of Will because the shortcut was interrupted, and you may now change your choice.

From the MTR section 4.2:

* If a player casts a spell or activates an ability and announces choices for it that are not normally made until resolution, the player must adhere to those choices unless an opponent responds to that spell or ability. If an opponent inquires about choices made during resolution, that player is assumed to be passing priority and allowing that spell or ability to resolve.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Stinky Pit posted:

This isn't an interesting card interaction as much as it is abusing a rule. That rule regarding shortcuts is designed to allow players to feel comfortable using common shortcuts without risking being penalized for it.

Your example while technically correct is literally the exact opposite of the reason that rule was written.

EDIT: There are a bunch of situations where you could trick an opponent and technically be abiding by the rules. We shouldn't be exploring them. I can't believe "abusing the rules sets a pretty lovely precedent, even if technically correct" is something that needs to be explicitly stated but here we are.

If i'm playing kn a tournament at comp. REL with a large prize I will absolutely use every advantage I can get within the rules. If i know the rules better than you that should give me an advantage. The assumption is that everyone at comp. REL should know the rules fully, and if you don't and get punished for it that's on you. At the very least people should know its possible to avoid getting tricked. Trying to sweep it under the rug is silly. Even if you think they are scummy, you should still know how they work and play to win with the rules as written not rules as intended.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Agentdark posted:

Is there a decent podcast that talks about Legacy and Modern gameplay and deckbuilding?

ScarletBrother posted:

This is also relevant to my interests.

http://www.eternalcentral.com/author/everydayeternalpodcast/

These guys talk legacy a lot. Maybe not your perfect hing, but I find them hilarious.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Deckit posted:

So at the end of the month, my LGS is going to be hosting a 2-Headed Giant Commander tournament. Prizes will be either a box or rare foils like Wurmcoil Engine rarity.

The girlfriend and I are thinking of doubling up on Nekusar because we hate the idea of fun. :colbert:

You gotta play Skullbriar and Vendilion clique. Skullbriar is every 2-3 mana land destruction spell, tutor, and card draw spell in black, to find Crucible of Worlds, Life fromt he Loam and Exploration/Azusa Lost but Seeking/other explore effects. Then you find your strip mine. And stripmine the opponents 4-5 times a turn every turn past turn 4. Meanwhile Vendilion Clique just has 45 counterspells and lands. No way you can lose!

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Matthias Hunt needs to stop speaking.

He is my least favorite of the Starcity commentators. He talks out his rear end like the rest of them, but at least the other ones tend to be right more often and are funnier.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

So like $100 of foil basic lands for a start then.

I hope he's playing all Guru basics. Then it would be like $5,000 for his basic lands.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Since DRS got banned in modern is he possibly going to hold any value after rotation? He went from $15 to $10 after the ban but he's holding decently at that value. Not a bad edh card either I guess.

It's the best 1cmc man in Legacy. And likely will continue to be for a very long time. Hold onto him.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

AgentSythe posted:

The like first or second weekend DGM came out, I saw in the Legacy open some guy Notion Thief in response to an Ancestral Visions, have that one get killed by the Shardless BUG player, then Notion Thief again in response to a Jace brainstorm :getin:

Best notion thief happened at my LGS. Esper Stoneblade vs High Tide. High Tide has cast some insane amount of High Tides at this point, I believe 4 or so after Snapcasting a couple. Goes to cast their first Time Spiral with no cards in hand. Esper player has 1 island, 1 swamp in play, 1 card in hand. Of course they Notion Thief the gently caress out of the high tide player. High Tide man untaps 6 lands, Esper man draws 14. High Tide player looks at their opponent. Looks at the board, scoops.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

The problem with modern is that its boring. You don't get to play with any of the fun powerful cards, and it is entirely too fair. In Legacy everything is unfair to some extent which leads to much more interaction and entertainment value per game than modern has. In modern you often don't even have to interact with your opponent until turn three to win. In Legacy if your deck doesn't interact meaningfully on turn one or two, you likely have lost or are losing the game already.

Plus the mana in modern is too good. There's no good Wasteland effect to keep people off their greedy-rear end 3-4 color goodstuff decks. Also they ban the hell out of every combo deck that's halfway decent, making it a shitbox full of creatures butting heads forever. I want Magic to feel like two powerful wizards battling each,other, not two tired zookeepers throwing exotic pets into a ring and watching them fight.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Modern is a very fresh format. I have no doubt that it will develop it's own personality and unique powerful interactions as the pool deepens.

In Legacy, you are punished for greedy landbases with Wasteland. In Modern, you are punished for greedy manabases by lightning bolts and blood moons. You're still punished, just in a different manner.

But they have already removed so many of the unique powerful interactions. A 4/4 Vigilant Lifelinker on turn 3 is too strong, Jace is banned, despite the overabundance of Lightning Bolt. Plus WotC's kneejerk reaction to everything has been to ban everything remotely good or fun. I made the terrible mistake of playing three different decks in Modern before I wised up and quit (12-post, Eggs, Storm), every one of which had key cards banned within a few months. Admittedly, I started with Legacy, then tried out modern afterwards so it didn't hurt too bad, but it was still incredibly frustrating. Instead of banning those decks, they should have unbanned the answers to them (Top, Jace etc) or printed answers like Force and Daze. Also the fact that mana-denial isn't a viable strategy is frustrating as well.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

ScarletBrother posted:

Spoken like someone who has not played Modern on a meaningful level.

I played quite a lot of it, but they banned everything I enjoyed so I left.

jassi007 posted:

I don't even understand how wasteland is interesting. Oh neat a card that everyone can play to disrupt mana to help prevent t2 combo bullshit. It just makes me look at legacy and see an entry fee required for FoW and Wasteland to participate. I'm alson not terribly intersted in watching everyone brainstorm then fetch over and over. Modern is a format where everyone can play their spells. That sounds a lot more intersting. The biggest thing that modern lacks to see more diversity I think is a 1 mana black kill spell that isn't really narrow. Path and Bolt are too good to shape decks to be red, white, or both.

But Legacy is about balancing the ability to have any one spell castable on turn two with the ability to have the mana to cast all your spells around turn four. Mana-denial is what makes Legacy interesting in a lot of ways. There are a huge amount of spells and effects which allow you to increase the amount of mana you have available. Hell the deck you said you want to try is a ramp deck. If you want to make an entire strategy out of having more mana than your opponent with cheap spells and lands which produce more mana than your opponents' lands do, why shouldn't there be ways to interact with you and remove your mana advantage? Casting all your spells is a privilege, not a right. If you only want to play expensive color-sensitive jank off non-basic lands, then your opponent who is playing cheap jank and land destruction will always beat you. But if you play expensive spells, and have conservative mana, with lots of basics and early interaction, you will outclass the cheap threats and LD decks.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

1. A uncounterable, revive-able 4/4 Vigilant Lifelinker on turn 3 that can also be a control-killing sword
2. Jace is banned, despite the overabundance of Lightning Bolt which doesn't kill him
3. I made the terrible mistake of playing three different decks in Modern before I wised up and quit (12-post, Eggs, Storm), every one of which had key cards banned within a few months, all of which were faster than the pre-defined desired speed of the format
4. they should have unbanned the answers to them (Top, Jace etc.) that add 5+ minutes to every single game

1. It costs 5 mana, and when everyone is playing a mix of Path, Decay, and Bolt its questionable they would ever get to cast it.
2. If it doesn't kill him, it puts him so close practically any man you have in play will kill him.
3. I think the 'speed of the format' nonsense should just stop. They created a magical christmas-land where everyone gets to cast their spells and their expensive nonsense without worrying about dying. Which makes games miserable because there is no need of or really any incentive to interact with your opponents. Just look at Richmond's top 8. 6 midrange decks with a combo kill, and the only viable aggro deck in the format. No control at all.
4. They only add a lot of time if you're a slow player. If you're playing slowly you will draw or get slow play penalties. That's not the cards' fault, that's the players who don't practice enough to not be slow.

jassi007 posted:

People will surely change their mind about a format they play by being told how boring it is...

They probably won't, but if they're told its boring enough then they may get out and try the thing others say is more interesting in comparison, realize its better and play more Legacy. All pretty much any Legacy player wants is more people to play Legacy with.

Sleep of Bronze posted:

Or:
The good thing about Modern is that it's controlled. You don't have to deal with the ridiculously broken cards which were often either mistakes or a remnant of old and badly considered design practice. It's fair so you get more interaction and entertainment value per game than Legacy has. In Legacy you have to interact on turn one or two or else you've likely lost or are losing the game already: in Modern you don't have to be so fast, which lets people play other types of decks.

I honestly don't believe that a policed, controlled format is a good thing. If something is the 'best' let it be, people will find answers, or at least they can in Legacy where there is pretty much every card ever printed available. There are only two bannable cards in Legacy right now in my opinion, Delver and True-Name Nemesis. They invalidate so many other things, and make Blue the best color for creatures, library manipulation, stack control, and board control. At the very least Blue shouldn't have the two strongest men in the game.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

jassi007 posted:

The deck i said I want to play is a deck that wins via creatures, which means it has plenty of opportunity for interaction by my opponent. they can just bolt the loving metalworker if they want to. Thats how you beat a ramp deck. Wasteland is required to stop non-interactive decks that are all spell decks. If legacy had cards banned to slow / limit combo like modern, then wasteland wouldn't be necessary at all. You like spell/combo decks. Clearly. So in a format you want to play, Wasteland is a card that needs to exist.

But you're designing a deck to not interact at all. Chalice 1 removes their ability to bolt your man, Cavern of Souls to make your men uncounterable. You're going to wasteland and port them and play Lodestone Golems to keep them from being able to interact with you at all with anything at a higher mana cost, and by the time they naturally draw 5 lands to play their 2-mana kill-spell on your Metalworker you have killed them.

Also, Wasteland would certainly see play in decks even without a combo threat. The decks it is best against aren't combo, because they usually don't care about getting wastelanded. The decks that care are the ones trying to have the mana to cast every spell they want on turn two every time. Things like Shardless Bug, and MUD and all the three color Delver decks. Those matchups are where Wasteland really shines.

ScarletBrother posted:

I didn't say that he never played Modern. I said he hadn't played it in a meaningful way. He said himself that he quit around the time that Second Sunrise was banned. The format is not the same now as it was then. He talked about Storm as if it was killed by the banning of Seething Song. It's a tier 1 deck. I guess saying "your perception is outdated and incorrect" would have been better.

I know storm wasn't killed when they banned Seething Song. However, since they showed they were willing to ban one card from it they will be willing to ban another and another and another until it ceases to be good. I quit because it wasn't worth practicing and playing a deck when it could just have things banned out of it again in three months in a format where bannings happen consistently, to focus on a format where the wasn't likely and the deck I was playing now would still be there in six months.

e:

Zoness posted:

What does non-interactive actually mean? People have called Dredge, Storm, and Charbelcher non-interactive but realistically there are ways to stop all of those decks!

I'm pretty sure Dredge and Storm are more interactive kills than Hive Mind + Pact.

Typically non-interactive means that your plays are minimally influenced by what your opponent does. With all of those decks 90% of the time they will execute the exact same game plan regardless of what their opponent is playing, and very little interaction that their opponent will likely play will have an impact on their game state. ex: Lightning Bolt vs one Empty the Warrens token is useless, and even more useless against the Charbelcher. Counterspells almost never matter against Dredge, because most of their spells are cast for flashback-sac a man. That gives them their zombies from Bridge from Below, regardless if the spell resolves or even has an impact on their opponent at all.

L0cke17 fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 20, 2014

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Zoness posted:

Wait, he's designing a deck that answers threats to his main plan and you're saying that's not interaction? :psyboom:

I am merely trying to point out that the he purports to want to play interactive games, and every card in the deck, besides mana, reduces the ability of his opponent to interact, exactly the thing he said he doesn't like about Legacy in the first place, besides it being expensive.

jassi007 posted:

Yeah, being told that modern is boring is going to cause me or someone else to drop 1-2k on duals, FoW, Wastelands, etc. Or are you in touch with legacy players that will trade modern staples into legacy without some INSANE premium of trade credit? If so PM me, I'm interested in playing legacy at the right price. Oh also, please move your playgroup to my town so I can play the deck that I'll build for a reasonable price.

Why not just save any money you win playing Standard or Modern and use it to buy Legacy cards over time? Most stores give extra prizes in store credit over cash, and in a couple months you can have a playable Legacy deck. Also since men are so good in Modern, most of the good creatures are good in Legacy too. If your area has no Legacy then I feel incredibly sorry for you. Most areas that do have Legacy consistently have groups of regulars with extensive collections who will loan you cards until you can win enough to buy them yourself. The barrier to entry is only as high as your ability to make friends at a store where true Legacy aficionados play.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

LordSaturn posted:

I wish Wasteland was in Modern too, but drat do some of you guys ever get mad about mana denial not being a realistic strategy in Modern.

(If not Wasteland, how about Price of Progress?)

Price of Progress would definitely be enough to force down the good-stuff decks in Modern imo. That, or print a 3 mana non-basic Armageddon.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

They allow for phenomenally consistent manabases, absurd splashes, and eat up huge portions of time off the clock in every format. No fetches would increase game speed and reduce obnoxious combo decks without requiring opponents to MD narrow hate cards.

If you don't appreciate the clock time thing, you've never been to a GP. At Montreal this past weekend, the shortest round was ten minutes over time. Modern is no different, but if you remove fetches, you may actually get rounds to finish in under 50 minutes. Keep in mind this problem will only get worse as GPs grow. The round is only as fast as the slowest player.

What they should really do is reduce the number of rounds in the day or start earlier. Even with no fetches someone will always be slow, so that won't solve the problem.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

jassi007 posted:

You don't have to feel sorry for me, there is a thriving format for people like me, that is growing more popular. I feel sorry for the people that really hate modern and love legacy, because the future has nothing good for you.

Legacy will go the same way as Vintage. The only people who play will allow proxies, and play the most fun interesting things and will only be people who are playing for the love of the game. Vintage right now is incredibly fun, and I can only assume that Legacy will be the same way since the shitlords who run rampant at so many events will stop playing because it has too low of an 'EV' for them to play.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

jassi007 posted:

Toxx yourself if you really believe that

Honestly though, Voice is almost worthless in Legacy, and will continue to be until Swords to Plowshares stops being the best removal spell in the format. The only driving force behind it will be Modern, and I bet it will be found easily for $10-12 for at least a year or so after it rotates.
e: I think it will be found for that price on ebay consistently, not the average price on TCG or Starcity.

L0cke17 fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 28, 2014

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Serperoth posted:

Pod and Splinter Twin are both worthless in Legacy, and are holding value on Modern alone, and those were rares (not mythics), from sets much more loved than Dragon's Maze. I don't think Voice will fall below 15$, and I'd be very surprised if it reached 10$.

Just looking through the first thirty or so most recent results on TC Decks for Birthing Pod in modern have Voice as a 2 of most often, occasionally a 1 or 3 of and a couple play it not at all. When the namesake card of the deck was 8-10 dollars until recently I find it hard to believe that a decent supporting card will remain as expensive as the integral 4-of, rarity aside. And I suppose I should have clarified in my earlier post, I believe it will hit $10 in that you could reasonably find them for that price on ebay to pick up your playset over a few weeks, not the TCG average or anything.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

I get now why you guys always love it when you get that playset of Goyfs or other Modern Staple.

Because it feels so good to have a grip of Aether Vials. :3:

Now just imagine the feeling when you get your playsets of JTMS, Imperial Recruiter, Force of Will and 16 Blue Duals+16 Blue Fetches. Then the world truly is your oyster. But then the only thing holding you back is the power for vintage...

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

BXCX posted:

I look forward to paying off my student loans with this Merfolk Deck :smithicide:

With the spike in the last year on Legacy staples I was sorely tempted to sell ~half my cards to pay tuition, rent and food for this semester...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Ramos posted:

Okay, here's the back strategy for dredge:

Always go second and never mulligan. You can then draw a card and discard a card that turn. Phantasmagoria lets you drop it and then drop three more cards that will likely be relevant. It exists as an engine to get Bridge from Below cards, cards with dredge on them, and Dread Return cards from your hand into the graveyard where they belong.

You can also activate Phantasmagorian, retain priority, activate again to discard 6 instead of 3.

• Locked thread