Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Uthor posted:

I've seen this spread a ton, but never what leads up to it:
Nick Fury, chillin' in the desert smoking a cigar while a SHIELD missile descends upon him so he can test a new force shield (you'd think they'd use dummies for this). The shield is sabotaged, so Nick runs to a rocket powered sled as it speeds away, jumps on, and is dragged to safety.

(SNIP AWESOME NICK FURY PANELS)
Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1

Those Nick Fury panels are indeed awesome, but I have to wonder. Is it just me, or does anyone else imagine Fury should be smoking a Cigar, WHILE he's running for the Rocket Sled? Because it's the 60's and drat it you just smoke no matter what!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Well it was pretty flaccid at doing that when the end of the story is the horribly wrong side being vindicated despite their cartoonish evil actions. And not even in a depressing way where the public thinks the good guys won but evil prevailed, either, it's straight up Tony Stark being like "Yeah, I was the good guy all along! Just ask my friend, the Hate-Monger!".

The ending to Civil War did need work but it's not terrible and some of the proposed endings were worse.

(Like Mark Millar's sprawling 12 issue series that would have incorporated World War Hulk as a sort of side event that was going to be stopped by the Pro-Reg side to show how much more effective they were at stopping threats, and had a machine that took away super powers as the sort of Deus Ex Machina.) Or the ending where the Mom from Stamford was going to interupt the fight between Cap and Tony and just scold them for being children.

There were worse endings, but that doesn't mean "Cap is defeated by the Heroes of 9/11" is still a good ending. It's just a clumsy and ill-fitted metaphor attached to an otherwise okay ending. Had they just removed that, and have Cap give up when he looks at the crowd and realizes he has lost all public support and has become nothing more than a bully in their eyes. That the fighting needs to stop so rebuilding can be done, then that's a fine ending.

I mean what is the alternative? Cap and the Anti-Reg side beats up Tony Stark....so now the Government has to repeal the legislation. Because that's how things work, right?
Also the public is no longer allowed by afraid of Superhumans....because the Superhumans say so!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

That Ignorant Sap posted:

Ultimate X-Men #31. Colossus is displeased.

That is a fantastic page which is everything I love about comics and heroes being heroes by doing the impossible and breaking rules.
The worst part about those scans is that a latter writer literally said that the only reason why Ultimate Colossus could do all that is he shot up on power enhancing drugs (called Banshee because 616 references are all en vogue). But forget all that and focus on those badass panels instead.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

goatface posted:

So Yoda, king of the Light Side of the force, just killed everybody on a planet that is covered by a city. Probably a hundred billion people.

Not exactly a precise application of force.

900 years I have spent safeguarding the innocent. Entitled to one murder spree karma-free, I am.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

jsoh posted:

Did deadpool light his hand on fire to use as a torch?

You know I only noticed that after you pointed that out. Good spot.
The Leader's ultimate fate in this issue was pretty hilarious too.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

WickedHate posted:

The other depictions of Galactus there are just as goofy looking to those alien's respective cultures. That one where he's a shimmering ghost thing is hilariously corny to the Minbobulans.

To the majority of species of the universe, Galactus resembles a ghost from Scooby Doo.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

ManiacClown posted:

"Now let's see who this planet-eating force of nature REALLY is!"

Reed Richards: You see his plan was to pretend to be a huge planet eating Force Nature and to scare the inhabitants of the world away.

Old Man Jenkins: At which point I would have been able to sell on the planet for a fortune.
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for you meddling humans and your Dog too.

(Lockjaw looks at the camera and winks.)

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So did anyone read Original Sins # 4 this week? The James Robinson story is REALLY awesome. He makes the words "Mr. Carmicheal, Enter!" incredibly Badass.

I'll post scans from it when I get home.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Star Sharks, not just a threat for Thor.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Majuju posted:

New Avengers #21 (getting caught up), #justnamorthings:

Next issue:

Black Panther: HOW DARE YOU MAKE A CHOICE FOR ME, SEA-DEVIL! ONLY THE BLACK PANTHER SHOULD BE ALLOWED MAKE THE DECISION TO USE THIS BOMB!

Great series, but I hate each and every one of the Illumanti.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

10 Beers posted:

I'm enjoying New Avengers, but can someone explain why Tchalla's costume is suddenly all glowy, and has nifty magically appearing panther gauntlets?

I think it gets fully explained in Hickman's Fantastic Four. Basically Marvel released a Black Panther versus Dr. Doom mini series (Doomwar, I think.)

Panther beat Doom, but to do it he blew up Wakanda's supply of Vibrinium. (I think Hickman then John's retconned this away by saying "they got more.") As a result, all the people of Wakanda turned on Panther and kicked him out of the country and took away his stuff. He was king no more.

I think he got made into the High Priest of the Black Panther religion and could talk with all the Dead Kings of Wakanda and got freaky magic/tech powers.
After issue 21 I thought THOSE powers were striped from him, but his whupping of Namor makes me think he still has some of those powers.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Mr. Maltose posted:

21 has his ghost dad chewing him out but I don't think he got stripped of his station? I'd have to reread 21.

Yeah his dad basically was disgusted at his choice and said "You are a Black Panther no more." before all the Ghost Dads walked away.

Now you can read it as them being disgusted with him, but when I see ghosts who give you a power associated with a title say things like that, I assume the title and powers associated with the title are gone.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

The Real Foogla posted:

Idgi what's so badass about that panel?

It's a man with a magic Fleshlight fighting someone with a Double Ended dildo, the badassness is just....

...Look some people have strange definition of "badass" alright? That's what my time on the internet has taught me. I remember people on Another Message Board posting pictures of people in a boyband anime singing in pitch as an example of badassness.
They thought it was badass, I thought that they should hand over their right to use the word badass on the internet. Everyone is, like, different, man.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

prefect posted:

Okay, this is an objection I can agree with. :D

(I can also understand the objection to the "tenth realm" thing. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been done before; I would have expected multiple "tenth realms" after all these years.)

There are. Fraction had a Tenth World which were a bunch of blue guys who killed other worlds. Balder banished them to limbo and spends all his time hunting them down.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So over in the Avenger's thread people wer talking about how great Baron Zemo's portrayal was in Avengers Undercover (that's the sequel series to Avengers Arena, a series that many people hated because it punched them in the kidneys.)

And it was pretty good. Zemo was an OG in this one, sporting a slightly redesigned look (which is pretty full on Fascistic it must be said) but being really compatnent and having an overall goal that wasn't just rule the world but more "smash the system!" He also managed to salvage a lot by the end of the system.

Anyway, I loved this moment from Avengers Undercover #4.

There's a lot to love there, not just that cool speach or how Zemo has his dinner table surrounded with Gold Bullion, just cause.

But my favourite part is where the smart alecy teen heroes try pulling a "what you want us to be super villains and rob banks, that's so lame and old. You're old MAN!" Zemo is completely sincere and honest that they don't have to join his bank robbing or Moon Base divisions. It's the notions that Zemo 100% un-ironically has a Moon Base with a Death Laser, like that's just an expected part of your operation.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

No, Zemo is trying to recruit the young.

By cornering the world market of Twinkies.

Spoiler warning. The series ends with a joint task force of Avengers and SHIELD invading his fortress. But this is a part of Zemo's plan. He defeats the army by unleashing his supplies of Hostess Fruit Pies. Honestly, it's a thing of beauty to read.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Who handles moon real estate? SWORD?

I imagine some funny jurisdictional issues that could break out over this ala the FBI and CIA.

SWORD Agent 1: Hey HYDRA are building a Death Ray on the Moon, we should do something!

SWORD Agent 2: Forget about it. None of them are aliens, so it's not our job. Just let SHIELD know about it.

(Meanwhile.)

SHIELD Agent 1: Hey HYDRA are building a Death Ray on the Moon, we should do something!

SHIELD Agent 2: Forget about it. They aren't on Earth, they are in space, so it's not our job. Just let SWORD know about it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

When I was a teenager I remember reading a series of X-Men prose novels called the Chaos Engine Trilogy.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2721795-x-men

The plot basically had the X-Men fighting a different villain who uses the Cosmic Cube to take over the Earth. (It starts with Dr. Doom in charge, Magneto swipes the Cube from him, then the Red Skull gets it for the third book.)

I remember reading an extended section where the Red Skull is chilling on his Moonbase waiting to make his move and he basically details all the difficulties in running and crewing a moonbase and how he has to pay the men really high salaries just to get people willing to live in the Moonbase.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

e X posted:

Those fights were decided by fan vote, so most of them are pretty odd, like Wolverine beating Lobo. That one was apparently such a head twister for the writers that it happened entirely of panel.

I mean, I get that you shouldn't expect too much of a fan showdown and that Lobo is a joke character anyway, but if actually do fanservice like this, you should actually put enough effort into it that the fans end up really enjoying it. A mindless beatdown without rhyme or reason isn't exactly something that will be remembered forever. Compared, for example, with the excellent JLA/Avengers, which was so good, not only is it fondly remembered by fans, it actual stayed in continuity for quite some time (At least for pre-52 DC).

edit: Huh, this isn't entirely correct, while some battles, like Wolverine v.s Lobo were determined by votes, Wonder Woman vs. Storm apparently wasn't. That makes it even dumber.

That wiki lists Storm and Wonder Woman as a fan battle, and I'm sure it was. While I'm open to correction on this, I remember the fan vote card had five fights on it, with the fifth voting fight being Batman and Captain America.
From memory Batman and Superman won their polls, but the Marvel guys won the other three bouts. (Due to popularity and all.) It also allowed Marvel to run ad campaigns afterwards saying that they won (but had a good time doing so.)

As for JLAvengers, it's a good story, but it's not fondly remembered by all fans. I can remember the absolute fan outrage by many Marvel fans over what they felt was a selling out by Kurt Busiek and a chumping out of Marvel characters*. (There were some who swore up and down that he "sold out" out the Marvel side so that he would get the high profile job of writing Justice League afterwards.) The Alvaro and Comic Book Resources boards were particularly toxic for a long while after those issues came out.

I should point out that I liked the story, and it does hold up well. But then again I think Marvel/DC is still pretty good in a very goofy, 90's kind of way.

*= It was stuff like "Thor straight up loses to Superman. But Batman and Captain America just decide to team up without getting a similar marquis fight. Galactus is effortlessly crushed by Krona." There was a feeling that all the DC guys were portrayed as stronger/ more domineering than the Marvel guys in all their fights.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 28, 2014

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

There was this scene where Flash crosses over from the Central City in the DC Universe (which is a massive city) into the Marvel Central City (which is like a sleepy town with a hundred or so people.)

This was a cool thing as it features something I always wondered/ liked. That different universes had to feature different versions of similar characters. Like almost every universe in Marvel's Multiverse has a Tony Stark or Steve Rogers as important guys. Logically there should be a Lex Luthor in the Marvel Universe, even if he was just a failed shoe salesman.
That's why I subscribed to the idea during Thors: Godbomb arc that the villain, Gorr was the Marvel Universe version of DC's Blue Lantern, St. Walker.

The only downside was when people (again during the crazy Battleboard period of my life) tried to spin this as the DC Earth was bigger than the Marvel Earth. The argument was the DC Earth had cities that Marvel didn't, so it's America was clearly bigger. Meanwhile Marvel had countries that DC didn't have (Latveria, Wakanda, Genoshia, Symerika), but they don't count because countries aren't as big as American cities. Or something.

In short, fans are dumb and ruin everything.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Uh, didn't Busiek explicitly say that DC Earth is bigger in Avengers/JLA? And the DCU has it's own fair share of fake countries. Corto Maltese and Khandaq, anyone?

The exact line in the book is that they are "different sizes" (I think. It's been a while since I've read the story.)

Technically that's not the same as saying that one is bigger than another.
You could interpret that as "DC Earth must be bigger. It has more fake US Cities and thus a bigger America. :patriot: "
Another way of looking at it (and this would be my preferred method) is "DC has a bigger America. But Marvel has a bigger Europe/ Africa. So things don't exactly match up and you can't just transplant everything on top of each other."

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Chinaman7000 posted:

I tried looking up SYMERIKA cause it sounds awesome and found nothing.

It sounds like a cool metal band, or a country in a bad Dystopian Sci-Fi novel.

" After the Sym-droids took over power, they enslaved all humans and made them wear Obey-collars! They now have renamed the country, SYM-ERIKA! Our only chance to survive is to put on sexy clothing and live with the resistance."

But really it's just me mispelling this place's name.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Symkaria

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Mr. Maltose posted:

Hank Pym, master of etymology. And particle physics. Robotics, too. Probably a medical doctor as well.

Parahexavoctal posted:

Psychiatrists have MD training, and most monkey species are close enough, anatomically, to humans that Harley could reasonably fake it (assuming that the monkey is injured, not poisoned or infected).

Hey, I should point out that Alfred is in the background there. He's a trained combat medic and has experience patching people up, ask for his help people!

Mr. Maltose posted:

Hank Pym, master of etymology. And particle physics. Robotics, too. Probably a medical doctor as well.

Reed Richards once admitted that Hank is indeed a master of many fields of science. So much so that it would take Reed a solid two weeks to become as good as Hank in his various disciplines.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

PG is just below Superman as well, in a nebulous ill-defined way. She's either on Wondy's level or just below/above it. Either way Diana knows how to fight and has been trained since she was a little clay girl, so PG is about to get her rear end whupped.

Everyone is nebulously below Superman in strength in the DC Universe, weather it be Pre or Post Crisis. I can easily remember different comics which label Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter and Orion as being "number 2 in strength, behind Superman."

In fact (the early 2000's on battle boards) it got to a stage where people tried to create a top ten list of the strongest characters in the DC with Superman at number 1, and about five different people tied for second place.
Around then I joked that the only way that DC would ever settle the issue would be by releasing a top ten list where Superman occupied all ten spots. And that would end it since no one would care who was the 11th strongest character in the DC Universe. Oh how I laughed.

Then afterwards Infinite Crisis came out and we had a Superman running around, alongside an Earth 2 Superman, a Kingdom Come Superman, a Superboy Prime and it started to seem like you would be able to come up with a list of ten Superman's for DC's strength chart.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Did people blame him for that time he lobotomized the planet?

In fairness like only a handful of people know what he did there. And they aren't telling.

I also get the feeling, personally, that while a Sentient Earth may have been a way of surviving the Incursions, I can't imagine the interests of a Sentient Earth and the Survival of the Human race are goals that coincide.

For all we know, Starbrand may have saved all life on Earth by Lobotomizing the planet.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

fatherboxx posted:

Golgo 13 is so badass he assassinated a diamond

(via Jog)

A while back fellow Goons Slowbeef and Diabetus did a Let's Play of the Golgo 13 game for the NES. I read up on the Golgo 13 Manga. The guy has been active for a long while, and one of his many trademarks is making impossible shots. Like not just killing guys (though he kills a lot) but also some mad shots.

Apparently one of the things he was hired to do was (I heard, I have yet to see the scans) is he was hired to shoot the Florida box that resulted in Al Gore losing the election.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Anora posted:

I could have sworn there was one proverb in one religion that was basically what she said, was it Buddhism? Wasn't it basically a test to find out if something was a true god, like try to kill him, because if he's a god, he won't die or something.

My interpretation of the proverb is, that an inherent tennant of Buddhism is how life is suffering. (Due to the realities and depressing facts of the physical world and how our world is focused around material possessions and so forth.)

If you meet Buddha while walking it means that he is in the physical world and thus miserable. That you are to kill him so he can leave this world and go back to a spiritual place of perfection.

But it's really just like the "Always Angry" line in the Avengers film. It's completely open to interpretation what it means.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Calaveron posted:

So you basically shouldn't play pool with Summers

Well if you ever listen to the song "You Don't Mess Around with Jim", the ultimate Pool Player in that is called Slim. You know who else has the nickname of Slim? Scott Summers.

Boxman posted:

Someone post the panels where Wally literally runs faster than another being instantaneously teleports by harnessing the power of everyone on Earth, who have been instructed to run at the same time.

God I love Grant Morrison. :allears:

I prefer the ludicrous example from the Justice League Elite annual where the JLA and the Justice League Elite are fighting two different cosmic threats, and the Flash is on both teams. So he's literally in TWO life or death struggles and he's taking part in both by running between two different areas, changing costumes as he goes.
There is a point where a portal is opened that shows both groups, and the Flash is able to look at himself as he goes between both groups.

The Flash was literally in two places at once.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

First Bass posted:

Stop teasing and post the drat panels :mad:

Fair enough, I'll get that done tomorrow.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

That is badass.

Flash: Observe as I violate the laws of physics as only a God of speed can.

Ra's: I shall only show the mildest degree of awe at all this. I am more concerned with having my Cape put on my shoulders.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

I was just catching up on She-Hulk.

This is from the end of an arc from #8-10 where old Cap was on trial accused of causing a death when he was a young man, pre-war.
He'd hired She-Hulk to defend him and convinced Daredevil to argue for the plaintiff.

Matt: Cap, I'm glad that we've cleared your name and all, but you do realize that you willingly let false evidence go before a court of law?

Steve: Yup, it was the only way that I could draw Faustus out.

Jennifer No Steve you don't get it. This is a pretty big deal, lawyers aren't supposed to do this sort of stuff. There will have to be an investigation. You, Matt and I could both be done for Perjury or Contempt of court.

Steve: Umm, wait look over there! All of Reality is Collapsing. I had best go deal with that!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Gavok posted:

It happened just before Infinite Crisis. Superman was mind-controlled and thought Batman was one of his villains. Batman was horribly injured, though probably not as much as he should have been.

Also, if you count it, the first issue of Irredeemable had the Batman knockoff get toasted by the Plutonian's heat vision easily.

He was in a hospital bed, a paraplegic having been horribly crushed. The only reason he was ever able to keep being Batman is Wonder Woman went and got a Purple Ray to magically fix him.

Though yeah, the argument is that is probably not nearly as bad as he should have been, since it was a Superman who was mindcontrolled into thinking he was fighting Doomsday, Darksied and Brainiac all together.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Batman and Superman (pre the Nu52) had a story arc where Batman got all of Superman's powers and was made evil/paranoid while Superman lost all of them.

It had thus the rare Superman/Batman fight where Superman is actually supposed to be the underdog.

In the end Superman won, but it was in a "he used a variety of tricks, got lucky and Batman was fighting against the influence so holding back."

The part I figured which was the most clever was Batman had been losing power, because he still used his Dracula motif of operating at night in the dark. Not realizing that he needs sunlight to get superpowers.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

McSpanky posted:

I love a villain who's got a practical backup weapon, because there always comes a time when your grandiose plans fail and your unstoppable powers are neutralized and then you just gotta cut someone.

Like Green Lantern, Baz who carried a 9mm?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, IIRC its first appearance ends with Spider-Man driving the thing into the Hudson, doesn't it?

He was capable of doing Doughnuts on the side of the Daily Bugle building during the Dan Slott Spider-man /Human Torch mini.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

It could be viewed that the cracks point at everyone who is prepared to kill for their goal. With Captain America pointedly left out, and Namor ' s done in such a way to indicate his eventual isolation from the group.
Or it could have been a cool artistic trick that everyone reads their own interpretation into.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

JediTalentAgent posted:

One theory is that close-fitting fabric gets a protected by an energy field generated by his supercells. Cape, on the other hand, is too far out for the energy field to extend and protect.

Yeah this.

It's also a good artistic tool. A nice visual shorthand for "Superman has just gone through something that would shred a normal person" can be to have him looking fine, but his cape damaged and torn. Which, I suspect was what Howard Porter was going for here.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

fatherboxx posted:

Vision is a dick for using these holographic keyboards - he is a robot and does not need any means of physical input, but he decides to show off before his teammates;

Now I'm reminded of Blade Wolf from Metal Gear Rising.

Raiden: You're a AI. Can't you just hack their computer.

Blade Wolf: I could, if you gave me a Keyboard. And hands.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

While he clearly talked the Superman analog into suicide, it's not like Joe has any sort of Jessie Custer voice powers or even enough computational power to be manipulative to a super-power degree. He's not John Constantine, he can't talk you into bleeding to death. He just got upset and phrased Supes-lite's options in the worst possible way. It's been a while since I've read it but I think Joe Pi has almost as bad of an anger problem as Smax, he just presents it much differently. I would say it's less that Joe Pi is a scumbag and more that he got caught up in the situation just like the human(ish) detectives. I don't remember him doing anything else legally questionable in the series.

For that matter I don't think talking someone into suicide is illegal, even if you do it on purpose. While morally what he did is dubious at best, legally I think the worst that could happen is being reprimanded not for "poor performance" but not waiting for their actual negotiator(who does have a super-voice that forces compliance).

I disagree with this.
I am about to head out of my house, so I don't have time to go into a full break down of the legality of it at this stage, but simply put. His actions were almost unquestionably illegal and (depending on the laws of Century City) most probably murder.

The big legal distinction between manslaughter and murder (the two crimes most associated or linked to any criminal charge where death is the result) is intent. (It is the Mens Rea.)

As it applies to the example of Joe Pi when trying to decide his intention, you look at his action.

The first action, he destroys the radio so there won't be a record of what goes on. This could be looked at that he knew what he was about to do was wrong (or at the very least illegal) and wanted to destroy the evidence before he begins his actions.
Granted it could also be looked at that he was just doing that to protect his partner, but that would be up for a jury to decide.

Then you come and break down what he says to Atomman. He calmly explains the likely outcomes to Atomman and breaks down his options, pointing to using his vault of sounds (Atomman's kryptonite).
Going by the evidence, I think it is clear that a jury would be able to piece that Joe Pi phrased the conversation in such a way that Atomman would voluntarily kill himself rather than face justice.
Taking this logical train to it's conclusion, Joe Pi wanted to cause Atomman's death.
On that basis, he would fulfil the mental element of the crime.

There are obviously further factors to go into in more detail, but looking at his intention, there is (in my mind) enough for a prime face case of murder.

What I suppose draws my intention most to the scene is, it's common in fiction for the "hero" to kill the villain at the end of a story, because the notion is the villain is so powerful that they will evade justice. (It's a naive that ignores the complexities of the legal justice system and is there more to offer a pass for allowing heroes to kill people they don't like.)
However here, they make it quite clear how Atomman IS going to face justice. He is going to face very real punishment for his crimes, which makes the decision to talk him into killing himself all the worse.

It's sort of like how at the end of Lethal Weapon where Gary Buesy is arrested and cuffed. Only he's let out so Riggs can beat him to a pulp.
It's pretty much police brutality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Angrymog posted:

And if you don't think that that's a human reaction, just look at the facebook or news site comments every time a story about pedophiles pops up. It's not the right reaction, but it's a very human one.

It may be a human reaction, but it's not a good reaction for police officers.