Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

I think you just made Abe :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Gortarius posted:

So, my friend and me can't seem to coop.

He has the white soap stone, we are both past level 10. The regional thing in the options is allowed. But, can't see his signs. We both have humanity. Can't see his signs.

Do I also need the soapstone? Or whats the problem here?

I've got the team version, he doesn't. Is that the problem?

As others said, that is the problem, yes, but if you did have the same version (For future reference for you and anyone else who wants to jolly co-op with a friend), the cat in Majula sells something called the Name-Engraved Ring, which if you both put it on and set it to the same name, will make each others signs show up much faster/more often, if you have the ring slot to spare.

Also for the guy bitching about having 2 estus and next to no healing gems: Exhaust the merchant grandma's dialogue in her talk menu, then after you beat The Last Giant, she'll move to Majula near the bonfire and sell infinite lifegems.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Is she the one at the bonfire in Forest of Giants?

Yeah, she is.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

dis astranagant posted:

I've yet to come up with a consistent way to kill the shield using Old Knights that doesn't involve a healing item at the end. Meanwhile the wannabe grim reapers in the place after Pursuer take gently caress all damage from my powerstance maces. Clearly I'm doing something wrong in both cases but I'm not sure just what.

Circle-strafe the shield Old Knights to the right and you should dodge all three of their swings, hit them 2-3 times after they finish.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Well, I bought myself a beret and a monocle. What a fearsome battlemage I am! What are the new percentages for fast roll/normal roll/fat roll? I see no difference between 35% and 50%, but I do past 75%.

70% is the mid/fat barrier, I don't think hard numbers exist below that other than degrees of how far/fast your roll with lower weight, and more ADP gives you more invulnerable frames in the roll.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Maxmaps posted:

Is invading harder in this game or something? I spent 4 hours in human mode in appropriate level zones and didn't get a singular scoundrel to try out my rapier parrying skills with.

There's no Red Eye Orb in this game, and Cracked Red Eye Orbs are a little more limited. Most pvp is either in the Bell Towers, the Ratbros (to a limited definition of pvp) and the Redbro Duel Arena, or NG+.

Also you don't need to be human to be invaded anymore.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I wish I would get invaded at all outside those areas; it's half the fun. Not to mention how I thought the sentinels worked; you got invaded trying to progress somewhere, the sentinels show up and help you with it. Instead it seems like it's just for those few specific areas with covenants.

The sentinels both are what you said (Though, again, more of a thing in NG+ due to that invasion limitation thing), as well as the Drangleic Police. Let me tell you, murder all your NPCs at the end of a run to rack up the sin, then head to Heide's Tower in NG+ and boy howdy you will have a neverending stream of the po-po.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

For those of you who want to get some random PvP on without going to NG+, once you beat the boss of Lost Bastille, so the Ruin Sentinels, you can go down a ladder in the bonfire room after the boss, and use a Pharros Lockstone to unlock an area called Bellfry Luna. Wander around in it for awhile. If you like what you find happens to you, talk to the midget at the entrance to sign up

Later in the game, there's a second one unlocked in much the same way, after the first boss of Iron Keep

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

I found the Gutters.

Why

Why

WHY :negative:

...is there anywhere I can buy poison resistant items?

:getin:

The thread title, and/or Rat King.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Krinkle posted:

Are there cheats on the PC version yet? I helped a guy fight the lost giant at soul level 10 and he was decked out in that lucatiel gear, and I think it's not mathematically possible for him to have gone to kill the dragonrider at level 1, run to pirate town, killed her, and owned enough souls to buy the rest from the merchant? Also his name was Mirrah.

Sounds possible, albeit a bit tricky. Dragonrider's cheesable so level doesn't matter, a mace will make short work of the old knights along the way, and boss-killing souls + knight killing souls + maybe popping the Dragonrider Soul should be enough to get the stuff.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

So on my Sunbro character I'm basically throwing lightning spears of many varieties nonstop and sometimes sunlight blade, are there any rad miracles I'm missing out on that aren't hella situational?

Great Heal is AoE so popping that on your host, fellow sunbros, and/or NPC Phantoms can be a welcoming surprise. You can hold down the cast button to remain in the kneeling pre-cast animation, which people usually recognise as a sign for "I'm about to cast a thing, get next to me". Magic Barrier is also AoE, but not Great Magic Barrier, I don't think.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

bef posted:

The sinner is the trigger? i thought it was some lady :shrug:

:darksouls:

neetengie posted:

Exhausting the Lady at Heide's dialogue brings her to Majula, and you can unlock the path after that.

I think he means the Petrified Lady leading to Shaded Woods. The first depetrification item most people find is the one right after Lost Sinner.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Tosk posted:

The NPC invader shenanigans in DS2 include some of the most amazing Fromsoft trolls in any of their titles

Maldron the Assassin remains the greatest of all time

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

Bows are just generally really strong in DS2, it rules

Dragonrider Bow my beloved. STR scaling bow that can do elemental damage.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Merry Deciever posted:

Holy CHRIST the Iron Keep gauntlet sucks. To all the goons saying Dark Souls II had great DLC, you can eat it

Are you talking about the Iron Passage? Yeah each DLC has one hellzone like that, they're scaled for You Really Want To Summon Friends For These (and can summon people who don't have DLC access, they can lay summon signs at those graves at the dlc entrance warp that'll appear at the start of that area)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

Best at getting her rear end mulched by The Rotten when he has 1hp left. Never completed her story because of her suicidal to the point of comedy ai

my friend, back in the early days of DS2, when Faith was strong and the Shrine of Amana was full of tactical heat-seeking missiles, I summoned Lucille for the Smelter, went into the fog door three feet away from the summon sign, and a few seconds later she apparently fell off the loving ledge into lava and died.

Also her HP and defense was a lot lower.

Yeah I never finished her quest.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I love the bellkeeper covenant because it's both a fairly steady stream of pvp combat, and it's a good earlygame source of large shards and chunks so you can +9-+10 your powerstance caestus before even reaching Sinner's Rise

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

One of the old speedrun strategies used powerstanced Maces for a good chunk of the game because it could stunlock several bosses

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I can't believe Aldia spoiled the plot of Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

FishMcCool posted:

This is why I love this game (and Scholar) so much. Even when you know/suspect it, the game will eventually manage to get you through jank, carelessness or both.

I died at the Cardinal Tower door cause I tried running through the ganksquad of enemies below.

Not from getting hit out of the door opening animation, no. I was mashing buttons and when the door was 50% open, I rolled.

I did not know you could roll-cancel door opening animations :smithicide:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Scrap Dragon posted:

What builds do y'all recommend for Return to Drangleic?

I've already done powerstanced spears, 2h ultra great sword, powerstanced cestus, and hexes.

Twin Whips

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

STR Bow with Magic Damage added on, Dragonrider Bow my beloved to supplement some unga and bunga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

FishMcCool posted:

Time to craft yourself that Smelter Sword from the soul. It's not the best weapon ever, but it does pack a punch and it looks :discourse:

It also has a special dual-wield interaction with a DLC sword :unsmigghh: