Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

To any deal-hunters, whats the cheapest way to get this right now?

This exchange happened in the main steam thread recently, don't know if it's the cheapest but it might be:

Naar posted:

On that note, I got a code for 20% off in the GMG newsletter which just worked on Arkham Origins: O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK. Not sure if it's one of those ones that are tied to your account, though.

Jolo posted:

That code worked for Dark Souls 2 for me. Thank you so much! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Oh boy oh boy oh boy

I got my copy of Dark Souls from a contest on these very forums, my inept deaths among jolly goon co-op will be so sweet. Speaking of which, is there now a way to make it more likely to summon people you're actually friends with? Feel like I read that somewhere...

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Mazed posted:

There's a particular ring that can be acquired from the start from a merchant in the hub area. Equip, pick a god, have your friends pick the same god, more likely to see their summon sign.

By the way: What god are goons going with?

Ahhh, thanks. So tell me your gods, goons.

Restarted steam 2 now to get the game unlocked, come onnnnnn

e: 3 minutes what is this bullshit!

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Went from a 3 minute wait to a "Ready to launch in approximately: 1 hour and 27 minutes"

:negative:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Neurosis posted:

"Ready to launch in approximately: more than one year"

How is the weather in Antarctica?

(that sucks bro, is it even downloading?)

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I don't think there's any plate armor around here but I'll check the janitorial closet and see if I can improvise something.

Make sure to stencil a sun onto your cardboard chestpiece so everyone knows you're a sun bro too.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
It wooooooorks!

Oh thank god skippable intros this game truly is an improvement.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Dark Souls 2 has achievements.

This is funny to me, for some reason.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Elysiume posted:

Dark Souls 1 also had achievements. Or do you mean specifically in Steam?

Yeah, I meant in Steam. I guess it had them for GFWL too, I didn't really notice (and who cared anyway)

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Lemonpieman posted:

So, can somebody tell me why there needs to be a PC exclusive thread at all? All it really seems to do is split up discussion for the same game between two different threads. It just seems weird and unnecessary.

Maybe you've missed the fact that the console version has already been out for a month or so? It makes perfect sense for this thread to exist for all us PC scrubs not wanting everything spoiled/have the joy of experiencing things new with others.

El Golden Goose posted:

Same thing happened to me. Wonder what the deal is?

Yeah I got that too, figured its cause my monitor has been acting up though. Strange.

Also can I just say that switching the jump while running to pressing left analog stick instead of B is dumb and makes no sense. A minor complaint really, but still annoying.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Mondlicht posted:

Prepare to look cute and feel cute!

I'm already fabulous (dont really think I need to spoil this but eh, whatever)

SuicideSnowman posted:

I'm getting absolutely rocked. I think I've died at least 20 times already and I'm probably only an hour into the game.

I died 4 times in the tutorial because I am an idiot.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Ugh I'm really enjoying some parts of this game but having major difficulties with others. My number one issue right now though is where the hell do I go after killing the last giant? I think I opened all the doors the soldier's key can open, is my only option killing the pursuer at this point? Cause that guy wrecks my poo poo.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Zaphod42 posted:

You're done there now. Go back to Majula and explore for other areas.

Alternatively Did you defeat the Pursuer? The key can open the fight to him, and then after him there's a way opened to another zone...Although that zone is technically for later

FrickenMoron posted:

You can always go back to Majula and explore other options.

Ohhh, right. I'm dumb.

Or I guess I'm just used to DS1 having an interconnected world and figuring out where to go next by continually poking around for shortcuts.

Also the best part of this game so far is all the bloodstains of people accidentally falling off cliffs, never fails to crack me up.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Hahah, I just got to the part where now I understand and can laugh at the thread title! And then right after pulling the level that moves the ship my computer crashed :(

Most of my annoyances at this game have evaporated now that 1) I've left the forest of the giants behind, and 2) the small white signstone being the best thing ever created.

e: I havent been invaded yet surprisingly, even though I've picked up a bunch of cracked blue eyes myself. What gives, are people just playing through the game first before they get deep into pvp or something?

e2: Oh what in the gently caress computer/steam! Steam is now suddenly redownloading all 8.4 gigs of DS2 :negative:

Logan 5 fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 26, 2014

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
So after having to redownload all of DS2 for some reason, this popped up before I got back to playing (yes I went with the best name):

But it didnt really seem to effect much of anything, still had all my (useless) preorder junk which is the only thing I can think of that would count as DLC at this point. Luckily I barely lost any progress either.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
"The nature of your being has changed!"

What? What does that me- oh, wait...

Hahahahhahahahhahahahhah :darksouls:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Volt Catfish posted:

They actually added a message to indicate the coffin does something? That's lame.

I'm assuming that's what you're talking about anyway

Yes I'm talking about the coffin. Did it not say anything before? Its still pretty unclear what has happened at first if your character is wearing a lot of armor.

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

On the topic of GAVLAN DEAL: Will the guy ever turn up in Majula?

Wondering this too, just fought my way back to where he was and poof, gone.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Orv posted:

Gavlan goes from Wharf to Harvest Valley to Doors of Pharros each time you talk to him, and then stays at the last one selling infinite supplies of his consumables.

Okay, I'm assuming these are places I havent gotten to yet cause I'm still trying to get out of the Bastille.

holy gently caress is it just me or is the three ruined sentinels boss fight a pain in the rear end?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Cowcaster posted:

Actually, just remembered another question I had: You can't fight bosses as a shade, right? You just get booted out with the message "Host has left the area"? Was wondering if it was that reason or something else I'd been kicked out of being a shade a few times.

Do you mean using the small signstone? Cause then no, you can definitely fight bosses as a shade. Helping two other dudes fight the sentinels was how I learned how to beat them.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Ravenfood posted:

Ruin Sentinels. They shouldn't be hard, but drat, they're kicking my rear end. I can get the last two down to about half health each and then I inevitably slip up and die. Thinking about homeboning out with my slowly accumulated souls and buying a shitton of throwing knives or upgrading my crossbow or something. My fireballs do like 60 damage and they're really dangerous approaching with a sword.

Summoning some help really makes the difference with these guys. Having the fall damage reduction ring on after you beat the 1st one is helpful two, cause you probably want to fight the other two on the floor rather than on that little ledge.

e: nevermind, missed the edit!

tRIDAV posted:

Why are there enemies disappearing permanently? Can I get them back?

This happens now if 1) you kill the same enemies a lot, something like 15-20 I think, or 2) the enemies kill you, like 10 times or something.

Prevents soul farming a ridiculous amount of souls I guess? I dunno what the logic is for it.

Logan 5 fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 26, 2014

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Can somebody tell me what this stat is on weapons? Most of this I can (kind of) figure out, but I'm lost on this one:

Sex Robot posted:

Burn a human effigy in a fire

This respawns all the despawned enemies? This is news to me.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Ohhhhh, ok, that makes sense. I guess. If in Dark Souls you bleed Gak.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

(press select on your controller)

:aaa:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

tRIDAV posted:

So if you die, the game punishes you by reducing your HP. And eventually it decides to make it easier by permanently despawning enemies. Except if you're having trouble with 1 particular part past the despawned enemies, you're now even worse off than before because you can't get souls. Except if you want to make them even more difficult by making them NG+ level if you have particular items. And none of this is told to the player either.

Guess practicing that lovely loving room of double 5+ zombie pulls before Ruin Sentinels trying to figure out a better way to do it was a mistake. I threw away like 20k worth of souls too because I wanted to practice it at the level I was.

This is a mechanic designed to get people going human more often, and jolly coopin' together, not to just annoy you. Basically, you're playing the game wrong. Use (not burn) a human effigy, or even easier use the small signstone (which you can use while hollow!) to help some dudes out and gain your humanity when you succeed.

e: Also useful for trying out bosses or particularly difficult areas (cause you dont have to fight a boss to be summoned with it), since you don't lose your souls if you fail

Logan 5 fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 26, 2014

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

EightBit posted:

Use the goddamn ballista against The Pursuer :argh: loving noobs

Pfft, ballista. Me and one other phantom took him out together no probs, just got to dodge him well enough.

Although he was second guy I had to summon. The first immediately ran up that fallen pillar that juts out that has an ambush trap and promptly died. Like, dude made a beeline for it. :iiam:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Are you sure your friends aren't using the small white soapstone? Cause I'm pretty sure you need to be human to use the regular one that Pate gives you, but its the small one you can use while hallow.

e: or not. Yeah the victor's stone disables online co-op play.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
All you guys keep talking about the Belfry Luna, where/what is it? I feel like I should have come across it by now...

I have no idea where to go now anyway, I just finished Sinner's rise. Should I be looking for this place?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Dirk the Average posted:

Check under the Servants Quarters bonfire. Bring a lockstone. It's worth checking out, and there are some neat rewards for doing it. It won't advance the plot any though. For that you might want to check out other paths away from the main town hub. Try walking to other areas manually instead of warping.

Ah, ok, well I don't think I have a lockstone right now so that'll have to wait. I think I found the next area though, from Majula, talk to that lady and pay her 2000 souls to move the thing?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah that's a new area you need to go to.

thanks guys :)

Although I've died from falling here for the first time this game. And I was having such fun laughing at all the people's bloodstains who roll off cliffs. Now its me, I'm that bloodstain.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
I just got into the belltower and just barely killed my first invader. The 2nd one wrecked me with some magic attack thing (I know nothing about sorcery in dark souls games, I always like just using swords and shields :black101:). So I went to give it another go while hallowed, not knowing that you can still get invaded then. One invades me with that big honking greatsword, but mistimes his parries and I get him down just as I get invaded again by another sorcerer with that devastating magic attack. Except this time I dodged it and got in his face with my Drangleic sword and destroy him in 3 swings.

This is really is a lot of fun. Can you leave a summoning sign somewhere to help people invading the belfry?

e:

Pwnstar posted:

I've got over 100 chunks of titanite but I can't stop defending the belltower, its too much fun.

Wait, this is the reward what you get for becoming a bellbro? I might need to become a bellbro...

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Internet Kraken posted:

Jesus christ gently caress iron keep. I can't even get a good try on the Smelter demon because the path to him is such a loving chore. I keep trying to rush it an end up getting shot into lava because of those loving archers.

I feel ya bud. Am I even supposed to be doing this section yet? Everybody I try to help dies before me too, so hopefully its just not me sucking.

You can skip the smelter demon it seems, not that it did me any good in the rest of this godforsaken place.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Manatee Cannon posted:

I want to see what you guys are doing to die on the way to the Smelter Demon, it's a short walk and every enemy but one can be stunlocked into oblivion. There's only one archer that can attack you along the way, and you can hide from it easily.

My problem isn't on the way to the smelter demon, my problem is the smelter demon himself (and the turtle guys if I try and skip him). Also it seems like everybody I summon cant even handle getting to the smelter demon, let alone taking him on.

And I'm a pure melee character, I got all my best fire def stuff on, I've learned his moves so I don't get hit with the worst stuff, and I hack away at this guy and it does nothing. Am I missing something here?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Took me three tries but I finally got that smelter demon down! Summoning a magic sunbro who actually knew to avoid that AoE attack helped a lot I think.

Seriously the first two people I summoned must have been trying him for the first time cause they didnt have the sense to back away and died instantly.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Zaphod42 posted:

This is both the magic and the frustration of dark souls co-op.

I haven't bothered trying voice chat yet because I'm worried that all the silent co-op experiences and subtle communication through gestures will be ruined by "ur gay"

Honestly the voice chat isn't that bad, people rarely use it and when I have heard it it's been either very quiet or people being goofy and making incomprehensible sounds to themselves. Far and away people prefer gestures or those skulls that say things.

This could probably change though.

HellCopter posted:

You could also have summoned the NPC phantom Lucatiel. She could probably solo the thing herself.

This is a joke right? Cause when I summoned her for this the first time she was worse than useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Mimetic posted:

^^^ login server apparently down, although FROM's website says servers are up.

How'd you check this? I couldn't find it.

Anyway steamcommunity is down even though the steam store itself is up, is that the reason I can't log in?