Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
To any deal-hunters, whats the cheapest way to get this right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So glad this game comes out the same time most people get their tax refund.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Personally I'm one of the ones struck by the startup crash. I've tried about 20 different fixes on random forums with no luck. Seems to do with having a DVI connection. Really really sucks, I've spent hours trying to fix this. That's what I get for pre-ordering I guess.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Hey guys if you are having issues with the whitescreen crash, this worked for me:

quote:

引用自 KingZephir:
I found a way for ppl, who doesnt have the "GPU" Option at the Nvidia Card.

http://afriendlyfox.com/2013/02/04/massively-improved-nvidia-3d-vision-on-passive-3dtvs-edid-override/

Use this, it enabled the GPU Option at my Nvidia Control Panel, and now Dark Souls 2 is working.

Sorry, for my bad english, hope it helps some guys.

Read it carefully. This is for people that dont have GPU scaling option in Nvidia control panel.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

kaptainkaffeine posted:

DVI. Tried both ports. Tried HDMI. Tried two different monitors. Etc, etc. If you've got any ideas that aren't in here, I'm all ears.

Message me on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/solidsnakesbandana

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
How the gently caress can you possibly resist jumping after an unclaimed item? It just... it calls to me...

I think it is you who sucks, sir.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Just did some co-op with a guy. Me and another white phantom carried his rear end through the level and even killed an invader, the first I've ever seen, and then we get to the boss door and he afks for 3 minutes and then sends us away :(

gently caress you Zorro. You didn't even look like Zorro. And your ping sucked.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 28, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
There's no such thing as an optional boss fight in Dark Souls. Kill all them motherfuckers.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Walk towards them slightly, wait till they start to bite, walk backwards slightly. Attack.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I go out of my way to play with goons and it's been a good choice every time. Except Archeage I guess.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The beauty of Dark Souls is that there are no cheap wins or cheap tactics. Just the ones you were smart enough to use.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Corte posted:

I see this is 50% off on steam until January, is there anywhere else I could get it and all the DLC for cheaper? I live in Canada.

I recommend using http://www.isthereanydeal.com for inquiries of this nature, you can even set it up to email you when it goes on sale. Also, if you use Enhanced Steam, it will tell you where you can currently get it for the cheapest price. I managed to snag the season pass for Saints Row 4 for $1.25 doing this.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 28, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Circle strafing was the premier strategy for King's Field 1 and 2 on PSX so it's just staying true to its source material

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Heide's Tower of Flame is kicking my rear end. I beat the Dragonrider and then a bunch of Heide knights started wandering around aggroing the poo poo out of me. I've been trying to work my way to the dragon and the Old Dragonslayer boss but the big stone knights just wreck my poo poo. I look forward to the moment of clarity where suddenly these knights become easy.

The best part is, when I played the non-SOFTS version it was a walk in the park. Very standard area, nothing notable.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 7, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Chuch posted:

because it isn't DS1 with a different coat of paint

It isn't? But that's the reason I like the game!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I love how the Pursuer starts off this big bad threat but over the course of the game becomes a simple nuisance.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I accidentally attack Gavlan every time I see him for the first time in the Wharf. Luckily I haven't yet done enough to aggro him.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
gently caress the Ruin Sentinel room in Drangelic Castle. Must have lost 100k souls altogether there.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Charles Bukowski posted:

At high levels, what are the odds of ever being summoned as a blue cop?

I've been summoned a grand total of two times, both in No-Man's Wharf. Both times I couldn't find the guy who summoned me in time, because that level is kinda big. I've stuck to the belfry covenant, and have been happy with it. It's basically just periodic free PvP with no downsides to losing. As far as I can tell the only place to reliably get Cracked Red Eye Orbs early on are from the whip dudes in front of the bridge leading to the Red covenant. You can farm up quite a bit. I got like 30 of them and I wasn't even farming, I was just failing repeatedly against the chariot boss.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 7, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

amazeballs posted:

I made a swordsman guy and I'm running with the power stance dual wield business. I read a few things to understand the mechanics of it, and I noticed quite a few mentions that it's a much harder approach to the game. Is it really that bad?

I think they are just saying that the game is a lot harder without a shield. Which is true I guess, but I never felt the need to rely on them

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

scamtank posted:

Do we have any average notions for how much soul memory people tend to have by point X, Y or Z?

Seems like there are way too many variables for this. Lot of different directions people can go.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You are in for some rough, rough times.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That loving room in Drangelic Castle with all the Ruin Sentinels killed my desire to keep playing. I know I should probably just walk by it but gently caress I feel like such a bitch when I do. Mainly because I couldn't figure out how to open one of the doors in the back and I want to know what's back there drat it.

Now I fire up the game, get loving OWNED for 15 minutes and then quit.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

multijoe posted:

Trying using a strike weapon, there's enough heavy armour enemies in DS2 who melt from strike damage that it's really worth keeping a Mace or something around just for them

Hmmm, I hadn't considered that. Been rollin with +10 Estoc for a while that I haven't really thought about it.

Charles Bukowski posted:

You gotta kill something right next to the last empty soul golem door for it to absorb a soul to open.

:aaa:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Basically the earlier you become a bellbro the more chunks you are going to get. At a certain point you'll stop getting hits and then suddenly you'll start getting a bunch of hits. I dunno there's really no pattern to it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I mainly just want to some serious tweaks to covenants. I figured Dark Souls 2 would improve upon the issues of 1 but they kinda hosed that up and the end result was somehow worse. I can only hope that they get it right with 3.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

argondamn posted:

This is a crazy opinion. What would you like? I'm genuinely curious.

Are you saying that covenants were handled well in Dark Souls 2? I didn't think my opinion was controversial at all. I would have liked to see the Blue Sentinels and Way of the Blue combined into one covenant for instance, just more uniqueness and variety to the covenants in general. I think they should have given you a non-cracked Red Eye Orb pretty much right in the beginning. Many of the covenants were pointless and/or didn't give rewards that were even remotely close to being worth what you have to do to get them. My favorite ended up being the most simple: Bellbros.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Started playing this again. Spent about two hours in Lost Bastille attempting to use a small white soapstone to regain my humanity. I failed. Either I would die in a stupid way or the host would die in a stupid way. It was still a lot of fun though!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Thumbtacks posted:

That's been a problem since launch. Worse part is that for some reason durability is tied to frame rate, I don't remember why.

This is how misinformation spreads. This bug was fixed two years ago.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Dark Souls 2 is this months Humble Monthly. Can we expect a resurgence of multiplayer activity?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
There is not a single man in here that didn't get owned by those pigs. The best is when you have a weapon that doesn't have a swing that can physically connect with the little fuckers

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Bogart posted:

That's what's good about soul memory. Twinking is much harder.

Theoretically. There's still the item that prevents soul memory from rising, which you can bee-line for if you really felt like it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You don't HAVE to fight him, you GET to fight him

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

The Kingfish posted:

I'm thinking of running my bro through SOTFS on the PS4. Does anyone have experience with how hard is it to get summoning signs to show up reliably?

There's that one ring you buy from the cat in Majula. Once you guys both pick the same "god" or whatever it was, you're pretty much guaranteed to see the others sign unless your soul memories are WILDLY different.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Amppelix posted:

If you change up your build/weapons to get through an area in the game you're weak! You're supposed to bash your head against the wall with the exact same clearly-suboptimal-for-this-task setup that you've arbitrarily chosen to go through the game with!

I choose to believe that there is no such thing as suboptimal in a Souls game. I do not care if it is true, it is what I choose to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I've found having a good poise and just face tanking through someone is a pretty effective PVP strategy. Most people are used to having their attacks stagger an opponent, so it catches people off guard when they don't interrupt your attack