Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reminder that the game is dirt cheap on Nuuvem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is region locked to Japan, free for the rest of the world.

Without discounts it's currently at 27 euros while GMG is at 49, even a 25% discount won't lower it down to the silly Brazilian price.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait, is there some controversy about the graphics that i'm unaware of?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah i read about the lightning and i'm okay with that because i'm not a child. I thought people were talking about actual graphic downgrading. Whiny goons will be whiny goons.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hakkesshu posted:

It is graphical downgrading, though. I'm not going to boycot it or anything, but let's not act like there isn't a pretty significant difference between what the game looks like now and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_JFDPCtXFY

Oh, that does look very different :stare:

With any hope they can be patched in at a future date.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think i'll cry if my pc can't handle Dark Souls II

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orv posted:

Their Facebook just posted a couple hours ago that;

What hours are these for us dirty Euros?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KoldPT posted:

Steam profile ready to invade people for freedom. Now to wait for Gaben to unleash the beast.

I think i love you hahaha

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just started and i hosed up.

I killed some individuals in the Forest: I was pissed that i had to spend 1k souls for the blacksmith's keys so i killed the old hag, now i feel bad because she didn't even fought back. Was she useful?

I also killed the dude with the big shield and spear down there near the locked gate.
I was being helped by a jolly cooper named Master Swagger, whose name and amazing casting capacity made me appreciate jolly coop immensely and again, i feel like he was more important than a dude chilling around doing nothing.

I've also found quite a weapon :stare: There's a cave where some sort of dragon is spitting fireballs that if you rush through you can find a sweet fire sword

Also, the starting healing items seem clearly like the best starting items for a newbie. It pretty much triples your healing capacity. Pretty great for people starving for healing.

Also, the mini-Artorias dude is kicking my rear end, he attacks so fast and never flinches. Not to talk about the Air dropped steel knight who terrified my pubbie rear end

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So where do you get shards? Found one in the well in Majula and i've yet to find anyone else.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man it's really easy to summon people AND be summoned in DSII, the game is much more alive and i'm loving helping all fellow adventurers :unsmith:

If you guys want a pratical way of getting heals i suggest making sex puns messages near all females in the game. Giving genuine help about hidden treasure or ambushes are also good :v:

Is there any way to kill the monster in this link?

http://i.imgur.com/UqYjuKy.jpg

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy crap seriously people, drop down your signs literally every time. If you're in a new area and you don't know what to do then just drop a small one and use that timeframe to farm souls, learn about the area by guarding your host and refresh your estus. The multiplayer in this one is much more robust than the first, drat i love helping people out against bosses.

This game is amazing :getin:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Possible spoilers but i must ask, why is there so much blood in the mansion that the dude in the cave in the forest of giants gives you a key for? Also, he keeps talking about a map that i never saw in my life

Seriously, there was nothing of note in there, what's with the bloodbath? :stare:

I love this game, you can make pretty people in this game!

Also:

:v:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OH NO MAN posted:

Maybe they got killed by the skeleton that shows up if you go down the stairs to the right.

Sydin posted:

From what I've been told the number of skeletons in the basement increases each NG+ level. So by NG++ like 6-8 hyper skeletons just rock out of the basement and destroy you.

I was terrified of that dude due to the floor being almost entirely red due to bloodstains haha

Kild posted:

Maybe explore the Mansion more?
I don't think i missed anything but i'll do anything that puts a wall between me and the pigs.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat i really love the Belltower mechanic. Killed two Bell defenders (the second one just chilled in the stars making "joy" emotes until the first died) and then died to the boss (was not expecting that :stare:) so i summon a dude up and we climb up the stairs to smash two more defenders and wipe the boss out. I then spent some time throwing down signs and helping people against the invaders, fun times.

Also, i don't know if they were goons or not, but i want to give a shout out to whoever was chilling in the Black Gulch and helped me out of that god forsaken area. Jesus Christ i was hating the neo-Blighttown and then you face that.

I've now went into the forest area beyond the gate locked by the petrified women who sells pyromancy, i travelled along and reached a place foggy as hell. I keep seeing messages to destroy some trees but i can't seem to find a way to do it. Any help?

edit: also, everyone should seriously play in the rat's playhouse.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I summoned two warriors of the Sun but i've yet to see how you can be a sunbro :(

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there anyone that sells arrows and bolts after you buy the 50 from the Majula blacksmith?

50 arrows and bolts run out really fast when you're helping people.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there any advantage to duel wielding? I have 40 dex and 22 str and i don't see any new attack animations.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah to be honest i was panicking like hell in that area until i understood it was composed of one hit minions and giant dogs. The dogs were tough as hell but easily avoidable so all i had to do was slowly progress to the fog-gate.

If i had to choose i'd definately prefer this version of blighttown.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's basically not explained anywhere as far as I can tell, so:

To "properly" dual-wield (instead of just having the benefits of wielding stuff with different movesets in each hand), you need:

1) two weapons of the same type (hammer, greatsword, straight sword, etc.) - they don't need to be identical, so e.g. a mace and a club works
2) that you have 1.5 times the stats for (round up, so a weapon with a min requirement of Str 12 Dex 9 needs Str 18 Dex 14)

Then, you hold the 1h/2h button until the left weapon is held pointing up instead of down. At that point, your L1/L2 will attack with both weapons, but your R1/R2 will be the normal attack with one weapon.

Also worth noting that holding the 1h/2h button lets you two-hand the weapon in your off-hand if you don't meet the above requirements (you can dual-wield a shield if you want).
Thanks a lot, i'll try it out!

ebony granny posted:

I've been spending most of my time invading the bell towers and putting down my red sign at the Iron Keep bridge, and I've been winning the vast majority of my PvP; what's the deal? Most people don't even seem to understand the idea behind guard break :confused:
I've won the majority of PvP fights simply because of the poise reduction ring.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meat Recital posted:

When is a good time to fight Old Ornstein? I tried him a few times around when I got to No-man's Wharf, and I didn't feel at all ready.

I actually only found that lever to open the water gate when i was level 90. The Dragonrider and Ornstein died with less than 10 scimitar hits :v:

I'm kinda lost. I cleared No Man's Warf, Sinner's Rise, the Black Gulch,Shaded Woods, dicked around in Doors of Pharros (had to flee from the boss :negative:) and i don't see much to do now. There's a bunch of poo poo locked in Shaded Woods and a locked door in the Forest of the giants, there's a contraption before Heide's tower but i can't find a way to open it either...

Help me goons! Where am i supposed to go now?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

Whats the standard order of the game? I did the forest of fallen giants, then the lost bastille and then Sinner's rise. I just kept going since each area followed the previous one and other than bosses nothing was too hard to kill. I did have to make use of the lift on the things near the Lost Sinner boss though

You see that tunnel near the cat? Not the gaping hole, the tunnel with the locked contraption near Victor's stone? Go there, down the stairs, ring the bell\pull the lever. I think you were supposed to go there immediatly after Forest of the Giants, it's the only logical explanation for why that area has such easy bosses compared to Sinner's Rise or Bastille.

Also, twinblades are amazing and i can't believe i never used them until now. You look like Darth Vader and you stun lock the hell out of an PvPer

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alright goons, fess up. Who is constantly throwing themselves off cliffs? Because the bloodstains near Majula's cliff haven't dwindled since the game released, they actually grow bigger every day.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yodzilla posted:

I bet most people unlock the vendor with infinite large titanite shards long before the one with infinite standard small ones.

:stare: explain yourself

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hehu42 still has it in him :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bka2shKswA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_C922uByQY

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why do people suck so bad against the Smelter Demon?

Just attack him once or twice, roll back so you don't burn to death, avoid his coreographic attacks and backaway when he stands still for too long.

But people just keep on dying to him.

What a bad boss to grab sunlight medals from.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've noticed most PVP ends with a win for me by simply parrying the very first strike they make. I guess most people don't think anyone parries in DSII but if there's no lag you can do it with ease.

Then they just sit their dumb parried rear end on the floor and wait for my mercy blow :smug:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spudd posted:

So hey I finally got to the ending I suppose. It just kinda... ends, huh?

At least I got a cool picture of my purple nails I guess.

That's an amazing fashion souls :allears:

Where did you get the hat?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Made a new character because i want to co-op with a buddy and i decided to buy the Cestus from the old hag.

Holy poo poo double Caestus are amazing :getin:

Tell me they're viable and that there's more of them\i can turn them into a lightning and fire fists.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kaldaris posted:

I wouldn't turn them lightining but they're definitely viable.

Why? I was thinking of turning the right handed Caestus into fire and the left hand one into lighting.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

neetengie posted:

I don't know how low the scaling goes when you infuse them, but it's A and B scaling which is great, so in that case you're better off just leaving them at +10. If you're making a quality character just keep them +10.

PublicOpinion posted:

I believe a big part of the caestus's viability is good bonus damage from strength scaling, so cutting into that hurts them.

Piell posted:

Caestus gets A/A scaling from Str/Dex at +10, so you should never infuse them with anything.

If you people think i put combat efficiency over looking cool then you're dead wrong :colbert:

(i didn't even notice the amazing scalings, thanks for reminding me. The idea of one punch setting people on fire while the other zaps them sounds too good in my head.)

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This area is so loving hectic :supaburn:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it just me or are most bosses extremely easy? Just killed the Demon of Song and so far i don't think i died to most bosses.

They're just so slow and predictable, i only die if i'm sunbroing and taking an estus while thinking the boss won't target me (it usually does :ssh:)

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not enough rolling.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So i thought i'd give the whole invasion a try at Heide's tower of flame after grabbing three cracked orbs in the forest of fallen giants and holy crap this is fun. One just panicked and started fleeing, the other desperately summoned people while i caestus him to death and the other, well, he kicked my rear end :v:

How do i get more of these, i guess not for a long time since people complain it sucks to grab orbs?

I seriously feel like cheating to grab more, this is hella fun :getin:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haha i was invaded in the forest of the last giants by a dude who would take damage and then automatically heal himself one second later back to full health.

I punched him into a corner and did the spin attack constantly until he died.

Eat poo poo and die hackers :getin:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nibble posted:

I actually had my own thought about this when I realized the throne looked a little odd. Take a look at it:

Normally a throne would have two surfaces, the seat and the armrests, right? But this one has that, plus another one higher up. I feel like originally, the area your character is resting their hands on was the seat of the throne, and the bits farther out are the armrests. The bit in the middle where you sit could have been carved out after it was taken from the Giants.

On the other hand, by all appearances, Vendrick and Nashandra are both giant-sized. So who would have sat in the human-sized seat before you did?

The true chosen one is a spider king obviously.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the meaning of the current thread title? Not really getting what's so peculiar about the Shrine of Amana?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FlyinPingu posted:

I just used a bow and 1-shot all the rats before the boss dropped down. :v:

This. Group them together and use the triple shot crossbow for easy boss killing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, the only reason for souls is to make weapons via Ornifex, correct? If i have no interest in the weapons i can eat the souls without remorse?