Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

Everything except Soul of a Giant(s). You'll want to keep those, trust me.
Still haven't reached those bosses, thankfully.

I had no idea the desert sorceress had a grab attack :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE5LaMp2Rw0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Forgall posted:

Pretty sure I remember them saying there won't be any DLC and the game will be a "complete product". So that's a bit disappointing.

Yeah what is it with FROM and giving us extra content to play with :rolleyes:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was co-oping in the Bastille and i saw a pubbie dual wielding katanas. Cool!

But he dodged all the zweihander enemies.

And then he dodged the Sentinel and jumped down bellow.

And after i killed it alone i found him jumping all over the place avoiding the two sentinels.

And after i killed one of the sentinels he was still just rolling and jumping without attacking the other one.

So i lower it to 25% health to see if he just wants to kill steal it for some reason.

But he just kept on fleeing :psyduck:

I felt he was too shy about his true talent so i backed up and let the Sentinel agro on him. After dodging the Sentinel's attack six times without attacking once he screwed up and got two-shot and died.

:wtc:

Regy Rusty posted:

Running past enemies to bosses is often a better strategy than fighting them every time, especially if it's a boss you're having trouble with. There are a few boss runs where trying to do so will get you ganged up on, but the one to Nakja is not one of them. The lions are so slow that they'll barely even reach the top of the hill before you're through the door.

Please don't run past enemies and rush to Velstadt when you summon me to help you. You MIGHT be able to dodge all the guards on the stairs to the fogdoor but they'll try to follow you and get stuck on the fog, meaning i'll have to kill all of them or else i'll be stabbed to death.

I've had to do this three times, twice i couldn't reach the boss in time to see the host alive.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, PvP is hard. Can't heal, pubbies constanly chugging Estus and getting blues, people in full heavy gear or making GBS threads out a thousand dark magic attacks per second, dodgy hitboxes.

No wonder you barely get invaded in this game.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's amazing just how many people never parry at all or don't realize you can parry them if they never lower their shield.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sector_corrector posted:

I think the main problem was that I was trying to keep distance to fire Lightning at him, when it's easier to dodge and bait him closer.

I don't think there's a single boss where that doesn't work (a lot of bosses have a "tantrum" attack that forces you to back off for a while but after the attack you can just go right back into their faces).

I guess the Iron King?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My summons tend to be pretty decent, it's the hosts that tend to be terrible, specially when it came to the Iron Keep and Drangelic Castle.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

animatorZed posted:

Guardian dragon was about equal to capra demon from DS1 in my experience, for hosts just up and dying without much you could do about it.
Capra was a bit funnier, because it would often happen before you got through the door yourself.
For guardian dragon, its the fireball attack that hosts just seem to not be able to dodge ever, and it tends to instagib them.

You can usually keep it doing the foot stomp attack by staying close, but at the start of the fight, and if it ever takes to the air, its like a coin flip to see if the host stays alive :)

Oh yeah, i never co-oped in that area because after killing the boss i knew all the havel meele only people would die constantly to it.

I just shot the poo poo out of it with the triple bolt crossbow.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

buzzsaw.gif posted:

Fashion Souls tonight!

A Tale of Two Sisters, Featuring Slutty Jane and her lil' sis Felony!

Slutty Jane, @ 838, first PC character:

Felony, just started this week, 4th PC character:

that's....a thing alright.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzLaBrHevao

Tell me this still works :allears:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

Ugh no-one to summon for ruin sentinel, I switched computers and I had to start over.

I ran through that are yesterday and there wasn't a summon sign anywhere but as soon as i placed my sign before that door with the million zweihanders i would get called by someone swarmed in blades.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still don't understand what the thought process was during the creation of the Demon of Song.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finished the game twice during the release of the game and got invaded once on my way to Nashandra.

I'm running as a Bell Keeper and while i've yet to be invaded i've seen plenty of people getting chased by red phantoms when i'm called to defend the bells.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

Did you guys have cheatengine installed / running / did you edit your items? That sounds a lot like soft banning.

You could also have slow internet, bad connections, in the wrong region, or ports could be blocked.

For people who get invaded regularly is it better to play on NG+ or NG if I want to see a bunch of the multiplayer stuff.

I summon and get summoned with no problem and wearing the Bell keepers ring would always give me fights.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Started a mage run, which i think i never did before.

I'm kinda lost on how to level up. I stacked intelligence up the rear end (up to 45 now) and attunement to get four spell slots.

Should i just stack intelligence as much as possible?

What weapons can i get that scale off magic? I'm running around with a magic stick on the left hand and a dagger on the right since i haven't put a single point in STR or DEX :v:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can't talk about newbie friendly weapons and leave out the spears. You can attack while maintaining your shield up, you have great reach and your attacks wont hit side-walls in tight places.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I found myself with some red eye orbs so i decided to use them for the sake of it.

Invading people in the Black Gulch or Shrine of Amana feels so cruel yet so satisfying. One time i found a dude trying to kill the giants down there on the Gulch. I almost felt bad for him :v:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IGgy IGsen posted:

Doesn't matter, there's tons of bloodstains down there for some reason. More than in any of the boss rooms.
Yeah, well...

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manatee Cannon posted:

By that point you should really not be having problems with skeletons.

I burned about seven ascetics at level 140 to see what would happen :v:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I didn't buff before my Last Giant fight on my latest run and noticed a move I've never seen him do before

he just got worn out mid-fight and took a dive

"Lost Giant, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

I'm fighting a dude made out of undead corpses and he's kicking my rear end :gonk:

Try ranged and help, but hole.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Charles Bukowski posted:

Why is everyone loving with me lately? No, it didnt come with the dlc. I just want to play some more dark souls.

lmao you bought a year old game for 30 bucks without a single dlc when the version you bought is about to become obsolete.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Genocyber posted:

haha look at him he likes a video game for a different reason than me

*puts on sunglasses*

*disappears into the floor while the bee gees stayin alive plays*

Whether it's a cycle or you're a Dark Lord psycho
Vidja Games are art, Vidja Games are art
Gilligan's ladder breakin' The Fair Lady shakin'
Vidja Games are art, Vidja Games are art
Art, Art, Art, Art, Vidja Games are art, Vidja Games are art
Art, Art, Art, Art, Vidja Games are art, VIdja Games are aaaaa-aaaa-aahahaha-aaaart

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
more dark souls is always good because if any dark souls is bad i can just not play it while they make another better dark souls

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Avocados posted:

Is it normal to be this hilariously bad at speccing characters, leveling weapons, finding areas and finding items? So many things to miss. Its pretty hard to tell what will still be useful in the later parts of games.

I feel a pang of guilt every time I have to consult the wiki.

that's the newbie dark souls experience!

just do an entire run without guides, just go by messages on the ground and put a summoning sign when you enter a new area so you can be called and see the dungeon in a safe way.

after you do your first run then look at a guide and be amazed at all the poo poo you missed and be amazed.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elman posted:

Absolutely, they're basically DS1 levels. Good level design, great art, amazing bosses.

Didn't see any hastily copy pasted textures and dragon butts everywhere in the DLC.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sperglord Firecock posted:

All I'm saying is that if you're a bellcop, show no mercy and help me kill mans.

Don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jesus Christ how can there be so many people dying here??