Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Mans posted:

Reminder that the game is dirt cheap on Nuuvem

Aren't the keys Nuuvem is selling region-locked to South America, and won't work anywhere else, or has that changed? Also, I think with the 25% off DS2 coupon on GMG, you can get it cheaper than Nuuvem anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Uhh is it possible to remap the default controller method of jumping on PC, because pushing down the left stick while sprinting to jump is loving awful?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
So is the invasion around the bandit paths area of the Huntsman's Copse an AI one? The other two invasions I've had were both hackers who I couldn't do any damage to at all, but this one just died so easily I assume it's the Maneater Mildred of DS2.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

guys, when am I going to find some twinkling titanite? I've reached the harvest valley, is any coming my way anytime soon?

If you have a bunch of smooth and silky stones from jolly coop, you could gamble them at the nest in the tutorial area, I got a few twinkling titanites that way.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

scamtank posted:

I don't think so, actually.

If you stand in place after getting up, they don't care about you. This means you can take a shortbow +1 and plug two of them with a wooden arrow each before heading off the last one with a single longsword slash. The rest of the room is trivial.

It's easiest to just buy a bunch of throwing knifes, since you can chuck them without switching weapons, and they're quicker to use than a bow anyway. They also one/two shot a lot of annoying enemies like the exploding mummies.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

The archers were way easier to deal with in Drangleic than that one awful segment of Anor Londo. The archers aren't the problem with the design, the aesthetics of the castle interior are the big problem. The approach is amazing but once you're inside it's a little dull, unlike Anor Londo which was visually interesting from beginning to end. The highs are higher in Dark Souls 2 but the lows are lower as well.

I dunno, the interior of the Anor Londo castle was boring as all hell, if you ask me. The outside and cathedral were quite nice though.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
How am I meant to get Sunbro medals at a reasonable rate when the only two bosses I'm getting summon hits on at my soul memory are OIK and The Rotten, and 80% of hosts die within the first 10 seconds of the fight?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

White Phosphorus posted:

Off the top of my head I remember the texture filtering ones. One of them was set to High Quality, I changed it to High-Performance. Also, I probably messed around with the settings some time before so some of that stuff I have set to application specific, and in the game I'm playing on low.

You have a 630m and have to play with most of the in-game graphical settings on low? I get 40+ fps on average with medium/high settings and I'm playing on a laptop with a 525m gpu...

El Pollo Blanco fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 5, 2014

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

The Wonder Weapon posted:

If there's one section that's still total horseshit the second time through it's the gutter

Can't you basically skip the gutter by sprinting through naked with the reduced fall damage ring equipped?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Acidian posted:

I will do some testing again on durability loss when I get home.

For the trainer, if the choice is between using a framerate limiter, buying the game for consoles or just using the trainer? Think I rather use the trainer.

I will play around some more with the controls again when I get home, but it is bullshit that the controls are so messed up on PC. I am currently using a pad I found in the basement, but I had to install a third party program called xe360, or something similarly named, to even get it working. I also found a solution that involved the Dual Shock 4, so I can try and use that solution in stead.

After 15 years of computer evolution I was hoping that pc games would pretty much run as soon as I had them installed (system specific bugs I can understand, but something that effects every PC user is pretty bad). Since I am a much better player with mouse and keyboard it would be nice if I wasn't punished for it. This is almost Ubisoft levels of PC hate, where I have to install third party software or .dllīs to get the controls working and a third party trainer to have a decent durability experience. Since I can actually boot up the game though, itīs still not as bad as Ubisoft.

No one has ever really reported the same kind of equipment degradation as you are, even on the release week when people who'd played the game on console freaked out because everything degraded twice as fast on PC, so there must be something else at play here. Playing a Souls game with mouse and keyboard really is punishing yourself though, it's like trying to play Starcraft with a controller, and I say this as someone who could barely manage to use a controller a year and a half ago because it felt so awkward compared to M&K.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Firstborn posted:

Geforce GT 745M

Edit: This guy has very similar specs, and it seems to run alright. I don't think I'd get 60 FPS perfection, but he seems to be doing okay: http://www.twitch.tv/vanirblade/b/539731944. Kind of muddy, though.

I don't know why it's saying your GPU doesn't meet the min sys requirements, my laptop has a 525m and it runs DS2 perfectly ok at medium settings, definitely dips below 30fps in some areas though. It might be seeing the integrated Intel GPU and ignoring the dedicated Nvidia GPU?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Tallgeese posted:

Chances are, there will probably be something similar to the Deus Ex Director's Cut situation.

The Japanese press releases seem to be indicating that there will be no cheap upgrade to the new Steam DirectX 11 version, you'll just have to buy the complete edition with all the DLC included at full price.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

Dunno why people are upset about it, it's like buying an HD version or GOTY package of any video game. It's exactly like that, actually. It probably won't be full price if you already own it.

Mainly because it's an engine upgrade for a PC game which was supposedly downgraded for previous-gen consoles, that's being re-released less than a year after the original release date. I don't really mind because I haven't actually bought the DLC yet, but if there's no cheap upgrade option available for the PC version, I feel that's a bit dickish.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Machai posted:

do you get anything special from the new pursuer fights or is it just souls?

I think he just drops twinkling titanite? That's what all of them have dropped for me so far.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

victrix posted:

There was a chest outside the King's door in the Forest of giants, anyone know what was in that chest? I uh, destroyed it.

Amber herb or something I think? Nothing important, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Pwnstar posted:

Reminder to never co-op with people wearing Drangleic Armor.

The last three people who've summoned me were wearing Drangleic Armour and then they proceeded to black separation crystal me out immediately...