Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Pr0phecy posted:

I was watching streams for the Xbox/Ps3 versions and it got me thinking, is this on the same engine as Dark Souls? The game looked exactly the same, just different locales.

No, they rebuilt the engine form the ground up for DS2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Wait, on Steam it says the game unlocks on the 24th. Are we getting the game a day early?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Darks' holes? Sounds pretty racist to me.

"Miyazaki said that just before From planned to unveil Dark Souls at the Tokyo Game Show in 2010, the game's name was "Dark Race."
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107644-Dark-Souls-Originally-Named-With-Juvenile-Racist-Slang

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Cicadalek posted:

I dropped a white summon sign as soon as i got it and was immediately summoned by someone who I helped until he died to the last giant, just before the boss died itself. "Hope that guys game isnt hosed or something", I thought to myself.

Then I fought the boss myself and the exact same thing happened. I'm scared to look :(

Ahaha I wonder if that was me. Where you a Cleric? I saw whoever it was finish him off as I died. I had to fight him again.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

I beat Dark Souls on SL 1. It has nothing to do with skill, its just a lovely system and I mad because they hosed up a really good system rather than fixing the minor problems with it.

It's a good system and that fact that you're throwing a little tantrum about it makes it even better.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Ahaha the Belfry is crazy busy. I invade, kill the host, come back, and get summoned to do it all over again within seconds.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Hanging out in Belfry Sol I've encountered two hackers already. One was using a speed hack, which was goofy because he was just flying around, zooming all over the place. The other I'm not totally sure was hacking. He was just standing perfectly still. I walked up to him, tried waving, and then I threw a "I'm sorry" stone in his face to get his attention. Finally I stabbed him in the back. No damage. Then he goes flying off in one direction and a ton of spells hit me, but then his backstab animation plays. I managed to beat him with just 1hp left. I'm not sure if he was hacking or if it was just crazy lag or something.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I've summoned and invaded, like, 12 different people named Artorias.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Stop killing NPCs holy poo poo.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Just finished drangleic castle and found out that apparently I totally skipped Undead Purgatory. Is there some really exciting things there or can I just push on a little further?

Internet Kraken posted:

Does anyone else ever find that that in PvP they hit someone, the game makes the sound for them hitting the person, yet they don't take any damage? It happens for me on a regular basis with Pate's Spear. I'll clearly stab someone but they don't take any damage from it. Never see it happen to me though.

EDIT: like, this poo poo happens every loving fight. Its as if this weapon is broken.
You have five pages of bitching about Dark Souls 2. Just calm down dude.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622261&userid=163813&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Genocyber posted:

The disabled are evil and must be wiped from the face of the earth

Weakness: Jumping

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

It took forever to get my Yellow King hat, but my goofy-rear end poisonmancer is complete.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Any and all bullshit from the game or from its players is justified because :darksouls: and they should just suck it up. or something.

drat skippy.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

Also what's the quickest way to break the rock on santiers?

R2 attack on Dyno and Tillo's nest. Works really well and is the easiest way.

Oh poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0YvHBxv-3Y

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 30, 2014

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Alabaster White posted:

-Santier Spear nerf

Just finished my Mundane run. Was fun while it lasted.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

laplace posted:

Hey again King's Field 4. It's nice to see FromSoft throwing another area from you into DkS2. Sunken King's area sure does look like the ancient city and its surroundings.

Never stop, Fromsoft :allears:. Soon enough you'll be able to rerelease Dark Souls as the King's Field 4 remake you always wanted it to be.

It really does look like King's Field 4. Lots of Dark Souls 2 felt like Shadow Tower Abyss and it really does feel like DS2 was made by the Field's fans at From.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

FutonForensic posted:

I wonder if in this DLC they'll reveal why there's concept art and a voice credit to a child version of the Emerald Herald:

God drat I was just looking at that picture and trying to figure out who the hell it was supposed to be.
From has said that there would be some time fuckery (not a direct quote) in Dark Souls 2 and this DLC looks to be it.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

More dark souls is cool with me. No complaints here.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Dark Souls DLC was some of the best DLC I've ever played and arguably better than the base game.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

I spent an hour exploring the Doors of Pharros and only got summoned once. I'm jealous of anyone who got summoned enough times to find it annoying. :(

I'm without internet right now and it's so lonely in Pharros with only these Mastadons and Gnome dudes.
Rat covenant is my favorite covenant and chameleoning around as a rat never gets old.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Lycia is the hardest boss in the game.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

A fun thing that happens if you use a bunch of bonfire ascetics in Majula to unlock merchant gear: More than one skeleton awaits in the basement. :v:

It's a good way to farm effigies.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Well, the DLC doesn't seem to be here, yet somehow there is a blood stain.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

My first death was very shameful

edit: A lot of this seems poison focused. I found some armour that makes poison stronger. I think I'm gonna roll through here with my poison build guy.

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jul 22, 2014

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Has anyone noticed that a certain NPC Invader Jester Thomas will actually taunt you before starting his attack? He does the "This one's me". I've never seen an NPC do any gesture before.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

All this talk of magic hatin' has me second guessing choosing my magic only caster as my DLC character.
Does anyone know what time the DLC for those of us who haven't purchased the season pass goes up? I was able to buy the Sunken King DLC a day before but I don't see Iron King on the steam page.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Concurred posted:

Old Iron King isn't on the Steam store for purchase, was this normal for Sunken King? Since I bought that a week after the fact

I bought Sunken King a day before it came out. I did have to kinda "trick" the store into letting me buy it. I clicked on DLC, then on Season Pass, then on the top I clicked on "Dark Souls 2 Downloadable Content" and it showed up in there. Searching just yielded the Season Pass. This trick doesn't seem to work for the Iron King.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I'm doing a run through with a poison build right now and its a lot funner late game than it is at the beginning and middle. At the start you aren't really poisoning enough and in the middle there are a lot of poison resistant things (at least the route I took) but by end game a lot of guys get poisoned after just a few hits and you can just sit back and watch. Now that I think about it I may want to take my poison guy through this DLC because he made Iron Keep about ten times easier.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

aahhahahah had my first :darksouls: moment! Spoilers ahead but it made me laugh

html5 link
http://gfycat.com/BoringUncommonAmericanratsnake

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So how do you kill the creepy fire statue past the first bonfire?

just walk up to it and hit "examine"

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Aug 26, 2014

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I've been trying to poison everything. Have you tried the run and hide and poison and cry tactic? It seems to be working ok for me.
Also, you can skip a bunch of the first part if you have enough health and something to help you fall (like the cats ring). There is a platform below where the chain ends.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Cyberventurer posted:

This second DLC seemed pretty slow and easy-going enough for me until I came across the goddamn gang of red invaders right before the memory of the old iron king, and now the next area has me getting chopped to pieces whenever I have two enemies on me at once. Holy poo poo I haven't gotten that angry in a long drat time. Why do I suck so much trying to land parries even with a target shield? I've been trying to use it ever since I started this new character and I STILL never quite know the correct time to try it, and I get punished way too hard. :(

I had Toxic Mist so I just popped it, rode the elevator down. When I came back up they were all waiting and I popped it again and rode the elevator back down. Came back up and had one more left.

I got a Berserker Sword out of it.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

You should've written the tumblr post using words only provided by From.

Anyways, I just learned that if you plunge attack these dudes you get a sweet little animation

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

You also get that custom animation if you run and jump on the fire geckos in Forest of Giants. I never knew that until I was watching Kay Plays and she just randomly tried it.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Read posted:

It's really awful for most of the game and then pretty good at the end.

And then they nerf everything.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Acidian posted:

I will watch this video in my break, I had another ds2 video I was going to watch as well, but Iost the link so I can watch yours in stead.

I caved inn and am now using a trainer that gave me infinite weapon durability. I was thinking of making a video that showcased how I play. I do hit walls all the time while I am killing mobs (the corridors are pretty tight at times, no way around it), sometimes I might get a swing too many off on the mob. However, I still think that I should be able to kill more than 13 enemies at a time.

So anyway, I finally got to the boss in the giant forest, killed him, got a key, opened some doors. Then I met The Pursuer. Holy gently caress. I spent about 2 hours last night trying to kill him, where I went and leveled a little and bought a new shield and went back. After burning an effigy so I was at full health, I was able to get him to 30% HP, but then he got me. Then after that it gets progressively harder the less max health I have, and now I am back at the point where he can one shot me if he uses the right combo. Since I am using the trainer, I am also playing offline, and therefore canīt get help from allies. I tried using the ballista to kill him, but it only takes about 15% of his life, and itīs hard to get him into position. Otherwise I try and lure him to charge attack me, dodge, get a hit inn, and hope I can dodge away before he gets an attack inn.

I am having some real issues using block against him, as often my character is way to slow in bringing up the shield after I click and hold the īblockībutton, and itīs kinda annoying. Is this just the way the game is, or could it be something with my controls? Blocking the Pursuer means I pretty much take no damage from him, so it would be nice if it was more reliable, however the stamina drain is murder when you are trying to block again or get in another swing.

Please don't use trainers. You'll git gud, I swear! I honestly don't know why you're having so many durability problems, though.

Genocyber posted:

I always knew crits did more damage (versus other players) in ng+, but I never realized it changed as you went to higher game levels.

Hold up... so if I'm to understand this correctly... if someone invades me in NG+ and I riposte them, I will do a poo poo ton more damage than if I was just in base game?!

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

But for some reason it drops down to 0% on NG+++? From what are you doing?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I kinda want Acidian to stream his run through just so I can see what is going on with his weapon degradation. What if his game really is bugged and is extra hard and we're all being assholes.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

FINALLY I CAN BE PRETTY

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

There is no way Velstadt beat Raime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Those Alonne Knights got some fancy moves