Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yeah, I had the light sources turned down to three, and the result was that in the cutscenes looking at Tuvok on his ship had everything in the foreground very dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

NurhacisUrn posted:

Thank you guys for the graphical solution. Worked like a charm! I just had to wait like eight minutes for it to load it seemed like. I appreciate it a bunch, got in to the menu, turned everything back down, and it loaded up no problems.

E: How funny is it that pubbies bitch for months about party effects bogging down their 03 Dells, and then all the graphics get set to maximum? :ironicat:

I think the funniest bit is the 'use party items' for completion in the FE.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

My framerate's also dropped semi-randomly, when doing missions I've done before. And my computer's crashed once, so it might just be a problem no matter where you go.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

300 Earth Dollars posted:

Did a buncha shots of the Nicor in different shields

http://imgur.com/a/aD1tl

It's like a mini-Narada.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MizPiz posted:

I tried to find it, but no luck. Do I need to do anything more specific than just do a search for it in-game?

I think the foundry review is down entirely at the moment.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I mean did they put another easter egg like that in for this episode.

There's an accolade, but that's about it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yeah, marauding missions can get you a ton very quickly.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

g0del posted:

No, and no as far as I can remember. Pretty much everything you get while levelling is only useful while levelling, you'll be replacing all your equipment once you hit 50 and start grinding rep projects. Even as a new level 50 you can get starter gear from the fleet bank. And if you're still afraid about accidentally selling something useful, link it in chat and ask.

The nebula pirate call signal you definitely want to keep - you don't have to slot it to use it, and it's pretty useful.

Other than that, the subspace field modulator and the devidian ground devices are nifty, but it isn't like you can permanently lose them if you miss them. Similarly, ghostbusters gun is cool, even if it isn't that effective.

Also, don't sell low-level gear to a vendor directly - a lot of it goes for significantly higher prices on the exchange. Why people pay 100k for some tier IV items I don't know, but it certainly helps get the ball rolling on spacerichness.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Acer Pilot posted:

The foundry editor is up again.

What facts do you guys want to learn about for Bijor part 2? The humanitarian aid camps that the Cardassians setup or the space station that the Cardassians built for the Bijorans?

Definitely the former. Explain the truth to those FEMA death camp nuts.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Trier posted:

I'm new at this game, but I just reached level 10 and got a brand new spankin' ship with not one but TWO tactical stations. I even bought some random vulcan to come serve at the station, but when I click "commission" on her, she says there's no room aboard my ship. What's the dealio? I got a station right here, totally vacant.

I've got a purp human tac boff stuck in my overflow bag, so I think something's broken somewhere.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DatonKallandor posted:

Fixed butt-turret would make a lot more sense on a ship that can't turn for poo poo. But on the class of ship that has the easiest time of all of keeping their front on the enemy?

They need to make it a spathi ship. Swap fore and aft restrictions.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I run full turret fortress on one guy, since my internet occasionally gets terrible for a few hours. Turret forts don't care about lag.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sometimes they have fleet projects you can dump a lot of stuff into.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's the same technique used to nigerian prince gullible people, just in reverse. Can't not fool a dishonest man, and all that.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 20, 2014

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nemins posted:

Is the crafting in this game worth doing or is it better off ignored?

Craft hortas.

That's it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

Meh, the only thing worth doing is the Epohh grind which they haven't touched.

If they doubled the daily marks package to 110, and then further doulbed on the weekend to 220 that'd be crazy.

Doubt they did though.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Well duh he's exploiting the Lohlunat Tribble bug. Without the +5 flightspeed, you can't get into the ESD shuttlebay and rob the cargo containers.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Melchior posted:

Also is it Bind on Account or Bind on Character? If it was BoA I'd buy it (I have a nice sum from the lobi event) but if it was BoC I probably wouldn't.

Tachy is BoC.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Acer Pilot posted:

oh man, i hope the pubbies don't discover the secret ERP foundry mission called bikini beach and rate it a 5.

What the gently caress, man, pubbies can read this.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

Someone leak to marq that Nbreeki is really a Kosmicka alt.

He seems pretty worked up about Denalts getting paid to join. I wonder how he'd react to finding out we're bankrolled by Best Korea.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

And next you'll be telling me that you didn't hunt down every bar patron on Nimbus.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Maximum space barbage, that's what.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

That's pretty much how Klingon R&D works.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hell, I'm surprised there aren't any holodeck episodes.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I think a lot of goons could benefit from the valuable ship advice and lessons offered in PVE bootcamp!

Look at their Avenger Build.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 29, 2014

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Woolie Wool posted:

For more adventures in clueless pubbie teams I also did a Gorn Minefield run where every other member of the team gathered around and furiously fired all of their energy weapons at an Aceton Assimilator, nearly killing the entire team in the process. I actually had to tell them to stop firing beams at the assimilator. You would think people would learn this in the storyline missions as Aceton Assimilators can easily kill or cripple your ship in the early game. Did they just die over and over as Lt. Commanders to Aceton Assimilators without ever considering that they might be doing it wrong?

Oh, that's what those do? I honestly just ignored them.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Maybe the TOS retrofit phasers? If nothing else, they screech nicely.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

Since 90% of ground I do these days is Voth battle zone I've ended up dropping turrets/generators from all my boffs as they're just a big "ARTILLERY FALL ON ME" bullseye and boff AI will stop and bend over to set one up which means time not spent healing my shields or firing at a trex.

For the capture and hold sections, if you just drop a medical and shield generator, and crouch with the dyson set the arty does effectively zero damage.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

IIRC the generators reactivate themselves, not the Voth standing around it. They're just there so if you take too long that stuff starts powering back up to slow you down more.

It's easiest to interact with it two or three times for each generator, without fully powering down, since generators only heal from the fully-powered-off state. Then go around the last time and just hit it once.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Double click on them to bring up the tradein store.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Console thing?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

kafziel posted:

So why is it a big fancy thing that you can claim the consoles on these particular ships repeatedly, that would cause a rush to buy them?

If they were bind on equip, you could trade them or sell them.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Recently declassified NASA transcripts show the origin for STO's crafting revamp.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oh hey, they're adding a little more dil to normal missions.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I wish I'd bought the full 3p aegis before crafting revamp went through. I don't have a shield, so I don't even get the sweet looks.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mondian posted:

Certain doff jobs that are part of chains can give ridiculous amounts of xp on a crit. First couple of missions of the Caitian chain award like 5k base skill points, for example.

There are a couple 12h missions in the dysphere that offer those yields as well.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hey, if you aren't willing to grind crafting until november, you're a worthless scrub who doesn't deserve even the slimmest chance at endgame gear :colbert:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Acer Pilot posted:

If I login later tonight and collect my contra rewards from last night, will it be the dil weekend amount or normal? I'm thinking of just leaving them til next time if that's the case.

It's based on when you collect, not when you start.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MikeJF posted:

I just did the maths, and it seems like at 150 dil to a zen and current exchange prices, buying stacks of contra and converting to Zen would give you 1 zen per 15882 EC. And buying Master Key 10-packs and selling them for EC would give you 25688 EC per zen. It seems like you could make money from nothing simply by buying contra, converting to zen, buying keys, and selling on the exchange, in an infinite cycle assuming they hold near current prices. Did my maths gently caress up somewhere?

Basically it boils down to refined dil being worth way more than unrefined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

At least you didn't equip the nimbus distress call!

• Locked thread