Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

wdarkk posted:

Does anybody else using the mac version have a shitload of crashes since S9? Even on minimum settings I'm crashing.

Two words. Zero. Testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

I made a thread on the forums not so subtly mocking all the bizarre pubbie complaint threads that inevitably get created after the launch of any season, FE, expansion, and so on, and, to my utter shock and dismay, it appears that many pubbies 1. didn't get it, or 2. took it completely seriously anyway

[snip]

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1091051&page=3

This is great. So much WOOSH in that thread.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Ludicro, I see a lack of rpdenied and praise for the Shutup Wesley overlords in the OP. Please correct this oversight.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

BombermanX posted:

Is rpdenied even updated anymore?

Not really, but they should be archived for the next generation (lol) of dentals. Should add free of dental or whatever it was called for posterity as well.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

system protocol posted:

Are you guys still using mumble? Tried hopping on it the other night but it was not working, or it now requires a password?

Ask in game, its a private mumble and has always required a password.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

@Lake1771 has gone full retard in his channel and has a few sycophantic groupies with him.

quote:

[TheTradingChannel] Dillan@smallchange0: Alright... So... The only way to beat it - would be to hit it when he's not using said bot... Like, when his power's out for example :P
[TheTradingChannel] Lt.CommanderData@androidtribbles: rofl
[TheTradingChannel] Dillan@smallchange0: Now then... all i need is an address... and we got this.
[TheTradingChannel] Dillan@smallchange0: So, if Cryptic would get off their lazy butt and ban his account? would the TTC be returned to it's former glory?
[TheTradingChannel] Pete@lake1771: its quite possible
[TheTradingChannel] Lt.CommanderData@androidtribbles: Lel their macros are really cute
[TheTradingChannel] Eamane@Dukedom: bans in a f2p game are pointless
[TheTradingChannel] Dillan@smallchange0: Good that, now to gather my minons and report him 200 times.
[TheTradingChannel] Dillan@smallchange0: Ture eamane, but if he's out, we can keep him out...
[TheTradingChannel] Lt.CommanderData@androidtribbles: interesting... I wonder if they have power inall channels
[TheTradingChannel] Pete@lake1771: you probably have them muted.
[TheTradingChannel] Pete@lake1771: they dont have any power at all dude they just use third party software to chat and datamine
[TheTradingChannel] Pete@lake1771: channel mutes are completely broken now
[TheTradingChannel] Dillan@smallchange0: I never mute anyone xD
[TheTradingChannel] Dillan@smallchange0: As in, ignore-wise
[TheTradingChannel] Pete@lake1771: weather or not they did that i dont know but they're definitley taking advantage of it
[Tell] To Dillan@smallchange0: {{REMOVED MY REAL ADDRESS}} you should visit sometime
[Tell] Dillan@smallchange0: Good that, i'll make sure to rape you real good
[Tell] Dillan@smallchange0: xD
[Tell] To Dillan@smallchange0: you can try, that is quite homosexual, i dont have anything against homosexuals, but it is criminal as well
[Tell] Dillan@smallchange0: How do you know I'm not a chick? you seen through my fascad... I'm a sad pone.
[Tell] To Dillan@smallchange0: you can be a female if you want, but i very much doubt it
[Tell] Dillan@smallchange0: :P Stop doubting my doubting of your doubt >_>
[Tell] To Dillan@smallchange0: anyways, you should stop by, if you did i might even buy you a beer, but you wont, since anyone who wants to know where someone lives is too much of a chicken to actually show up

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Korgan posted:

Has he ever. That guy has probably told lake your address so he can send his air force buddies after you. :v:

http://pastebin.com/aH4duQpr

Was a fun thing to walk into the middle of. Watching lake crack the shits and go from internet tough guy "I'm a better troll than you" to :qq: LEAVE ME ALONE YOU TROLLS STOP CYBERBULLYING ME :qq: will never get old.

So @Lake1771 makes a new channel called FairTrade to keep away from the NoP and denalt trools. What happens 5 minutes after it has been made? Already has infiltrators. I don't understand how these people remember to breathe.

EDIT:

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 25, 2014

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Just stop responding to him, let the mods take care of it like last time so we can stop making GBS threads the thread up. Lets get back to the funny instead of the just sad.

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 26, 2014

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

I know I'm sounding like an annoyed sperg who is basically saying "But WoW does it!!!111one", but I can hop on a flying mount in WoW, move, turn any direction I want instantly, and stop on a dime, and I never had anything approaching the issues I'm having. I didn't even get out of what I think was the tutorial (I was trying to find some cloaked Klingon ship when my spergstration got too high), but like I said, I got frustrated quickly.

I suppose I'll try it again in a bit, but really I was just looking for something to sate my need for entertainment and I was in a bit of a ST kick, and my issues turned me off.

If you want to point the front of the ship directly at what your looking at, hold down both mouse buttons. In space one mouse button clicked moves the camera, two mouse buttons controls direction and camera.

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 28, 2014

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

revtoiletduck posted:

Are there requires for joining a goon fleet, such as not being terrible at this game?

Only requirements are don't be a shitlord and don't be an obvious J4G spy.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Korgan posted:

You're in.

Further follow up on that Diligram hack, looks like there's some Germans claiming we must be hackers because we kick the poo poo out of them in pvp so clearly we also hacked the website. Google translate is pretty lovely, any native speakers able to give a run down or weigh in and tell them they're idiots? http://sto-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?s=c3423f145517e65b92b57462d6ea7b57&p=4801472#post4801472

Translated that post as well as I could. Stuff in parentheses are added by me to make it more clear.

quote:

This is all in all very questionable, yes. But all in all nothing
really new.

There are trolls in STO, of course. There are (trolls) everywhere on the internet, ok.

STO is cheated a lot with bots and exploits, this has been known for a long time. But even that will probably apply to almost any other online game.

That there channels are "hacked" or stolen other wise ... not much point (to stealing a channel). Since there is per se not much to get from it now? If they had stolen fleets (is this) even possible? it would be something else, I have heard of such
Events, even though the Rumors were said as actual facts.

If I could encourage the author thereof (the OP) to (translate) the post on here to English
to send it to the admins? That would make more sense eventually. Because I take it
that the majority of us here can do very little.

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 30, 2014

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

dangersandwich posted:

Funny you call me that. Full disclosure: I was the big boss of le reddit fleet for a couple of years. They're a bunch of shitheads though.

:pedo:

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

dangersandwich posted:

if they were acting like shitheads

This is because reddit is a poo poo heap filled with broken people. If you need to spend more then an hour a year on moderation of the community you have built, its hopeless and beyond repair.

Reddit will never be an actual community, its just fundamentally broken at the most basic levels.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Mephiston posted:

Aaand closed already. What was the link that Nbreeki posted that was edited out by the mod?

Chat log of the OP defending having sex with minors. Basically horrible poo poo that you can expect to find in STO.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Preechr posted:

You get a token for every lockbox you open and don't get a ship. When you have... I think it was 130? Maybe 150. Anyway, past that number of tokens, your chance to get a ship multiplies by 10. If you somehow get 250 tokens, the next box should be a ship. Tokens are cleared when you get a ship.

This does not apply to specials, like bugships. Those are flat percentages with no guarantees.

Mr Wikstroem posted:

It's a testament to how non-transparent all the mechanics of this game are when I have no idea whether or not you guys are just taking the piss or not. I mean on the one hand it would take a shitload of boxes to figure out and it's a really stupid system but on the other hand I know that some of you have enough in-game riches to basically buy the game twice over and still have money left and Cryptic isn't exactly known for their brilliant design decisions.

The quote from Preechr is actually how it works. Its by type of lockbox so you if you want a galor from boxes you have to open cardassian boxes only.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

revtoiletduck posted:

Speaking of which, is the Space Poor's Assault Cruiser build on WesleyGuide still applicable? I am poor as gently caress and trying to put together a decent cruiser using mostly mission rewards.

Anything that doesn't use rep sets like those starter guides should continue to be relevant. And the guide for the assault cruiser still works - I just looked at it.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Goat Pillager posted:

So, I had Marquisnor PM me out of nowhere today, claiming Dental and NoP would not fight him. I took him up on it.

After losing badly with these results

To this mighty ship

He chose to rant at me inanely for a while, and I thought about trolling him but decided "No...let's see what happens when I act civil to a completely batshit pubbie".

This being the result: http://pastebin.com/XnFLx5Cy

Short summary, this man is far beyond broken or shattered and completely, irredeemably insane.

That chatlog - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

revtoiletduck posted:

Any idea what the chances of getting a Bulwark are? The usual 0.5% or whatever?

Pack chances are usually lower then lockboxes. ~0.2%

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

:siren: In an effort to clean up the wiki I have removed any accounts that signed up, but did not auth. If you had access before you do not need to do anything, if you signed up but never had access, your account is gone; sign up again and actually auth this time. :siren:

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

Yeah I think he did a /who for Dentals/NoPs once or twice and just added every name online. There are some notable exceptions to that list that need to be there.

Remember when I trolled the everloving poo poo out of his channel for two days nonstop and he couldn't mute or kick me? Yeah, not on the list. That list is Mickey Mouse.

EDIT: I am seriously offended I am not on that list. gently caress YOU LAKE.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

That shield actually looks p.sweet. I think I need to make a comeback and rock a murdered-out galor.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Those nacelles are a lot better than the default, mainly because they're less pointy and have decent glowy front.

In story news, oh no the Vadwaar are attacking UC San Diego's Geisel Library!

I hate going into Geisel, always have a fear that the supports might collapse in an earthquake. At least it isn't Mesa College's library, that thing looks like it would fall off the cliff.

:ninja: UCSD Goons :ninja:

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

DancingShade posted:

That would be everyone diving into Payday 2.

Most of the people when I hop on mumble are doing random things like Payday, Planetside, Archage, or sending pictures of their bowel movements to the channel.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

-Troika- posted:

It also hasn't really been explained why I should care about writing 500 words of anything, or what my supposed 'crime' even is, other than staying logged into the game for an hour while eating dinner.

You were kind of being a dick to goons in the channel (You were rude to me while you were trying to buy something and I offered to sell the same item super cheap because your a goon). Not much else to say.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Mondian posted:

Glad my pocket change could brighten your day

:fsmug:

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Yeah, but as far as I can tell the minimap is the worst of it. I'm guessing it pings the location of every entity on the map every refresh, assembles a full map, then only draws the part that fits inside the little square

Every piece of UI code polls the info it needs on every frame drawn. The UI isn't event driven at all and that is the reason it runs like poo poo. The better your frame rate the harder it hits the CPU.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

:tbear:

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

It took almost a year for someone to get angry about the SFD logo I made, but it was worth the wait.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Welcome pubbies. Come for the chat, stay for the goatse.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Good news everyone, the wiki has been migrated to our new server and upgraded with the latest updates. You can now request a password reset via email so no reason to bother Grimrak about forgetting your password anymore. User group validation will still require a post to gate the pubbies out of accessing information.

Later in the week I will also be moving the site from http to https with an ssl certificate. If you experience any problems with the new setup please post in the thread. I expect the current upgrades and future upgrades to be seamless and require no interaction on your part; rejoice.

http://wiki.wesleyguide.com

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 20, 2015

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

That's not how you roll out a change, you're supposed to include something shiny to distract from an insultingly obvious cash grab. And break some core functionality in a bizarrely random fashion.

Whoa now, I'm not running some Cryptic League operation here.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Korgan posted:

About loving time you lazy piece of poo poo do you have any idea how hard it was to delete all those accounts, christ

Eat a dick Grimrak, I did it all for you and this is how you treat me, I'll just burn the whole thing to the ground. :emo:

Anyways, the second round of upgrades are completed on the wiki. The wiki now has an SSL cert, upgraded caching and spdy enabled. Now its up to you goons to update the articles that are on the wiki itself.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Neverwinter's always gotten the polished programming while STO gets the dregs. It's the Cryptic golden child project, despite STO being the moneymaker.

LOL LOL LOL "polished programming" LOL

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

To me it looks like its hitting roughly the same numbers as the same time last year. Not that those numbers are chart burners, but it doesn't look like doom.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

-Troika- posted:

If nothing else this confirms that most of the people who hang out on Mumble are complete tools.

Says the guy who was trying to sell items in the goon channel for above market price, got angry when called on it, then started poo poo talking everyone in the channel when I offered to just give you the EC if you gave away the array to someone who needed it.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :a2m:

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Aug 3, 2015

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Siets posted:

How do I get access to this wiki everyone keeps referencing? Is it a goon-maintained one or a public one?

Also wondering if I get extra experience from doing missions on Advanced or Hard instead of Normal?

vvv Laaaaame. :mad:

I put the wiki up, so goon run. https://wiki.wesleyguide.com

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

I have restored the WoK uniform guide on the wiki and unlocked the page since the joke is now over. Stop getting mad at video games people.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Morrigan (@LaughingTrendy) tweeted at 11:41am - 14 Aug 15:

@repetitiveepic Can I get a badge for when I used to fly around in a swarm? Maybe make it look like a bee?
#walksamongus (https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/632260694902046720?s=17)

Trendy is an eve goon?

Lol, Trendy was in Goonswarm. This is epic news.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

MikeJF posted:

I thought the mass dental suicide joke was funny. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Rahhmi posted:

http://puu.sh/jM2HM/1f9d1906ac.png

Tweeted this pic. It's basically what I just said in graphical form.

It'll encourage debate among the community who can play Crysis 3 maxed out at 1080p and 80fps for their youtube livestream but suddenly throw their POS computers against a wall at the sight of 2 disco balls.

Edit: I need to learn how to do thumbnails here.

(timg)http://puu.sh/jM2HM/1f9d1906ac.png(/timg)

Change the () to []

Also I have a 4790k and a 980ti and STO runs worse then Battlefield 4. Still get 90+ fps no matter what my settings are at, turn everything down to the lowest get ~130fps turn everything to max and get ~120fps. Once you hit a performance threshold the UI thread limits you from getting any more fps out of your system.

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 24, 2015

• Locked thread