Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Newcastle will be winning 1-0, everyone will leave, Cardiff win 2-1 and avoid relegation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

If we lose it means more chance Sunderland go down at least :v:

ohnoooo.jpg

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CaptainRightful posted:

It's also funny that he blames Hazard for not tracking back rather than the 6 loving defenders he started.

Do you not understand how bus parking works? 6 is not enough.

Hazard was legit 100% at fault for the first goal. He didn't do his job in the system.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 2, 2014

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

J Hume posted:

The problem with 'parking the bus' is the implication that your team is not good enough to go toe-to-toe with the opposition. A player as good as Hazard wants to attack and be proactive. I think this is what went wrong for Jose at Real Madrid; rightly or wrongly, the players didn't want to be held back against top opposition.

Players with this kind of ego let their teammates down in big games which is exactly what Jose is talking about.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

DickEmery posted:

Yeah 'cos you lot will be going balls out to deny Sunderland 3 points on the last day.

Unless Cardiff are already down I suppose.

Swim away

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mr Pepper posted:

Good thing spurs sold caulker so kaboul can routinely be terrible

He wanted to move so he could play every week and get into the England team.

Good job, rear end in a top hat.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Arsenal will spend £30m on players again this summer and still everyone will complain about lack of spending.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

DickEmery posted:

Because 27m of that will be Benzema and Ramsey will be sold for 30

Still. They don't have any issue with buying expensive players most of the league couldn't hope to get.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Season isn't even over yet

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

robert huth ‏@robert_huth 13h
Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

stickyfngrdboy posted:

pretty sure he didn't get banned for crying op

It was a fair tackle the red was for his bitch tears

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Howson and Fer sprinting box to box all game. The Championship won't know what's hit it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eric Cantonese posted:

He got a mercenary reputation when he moved away from Swansea to Wigan, no? He's not all sugar and spice.

At the time Wigan were the bigger, more successful club, and he had as much playing history with them as he did with us. No one should hold that move against him.

He'd have a lot more money to work with at Spurs, and if offered I think he'd take it, but he is all sugar and spice tyvm

edit: Don't tell other Swansea fans I said this, thanks

sassassin fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 6, 2014

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Why is he a bad manager, do you think

He played Kyle Walker as a central midfielder more than once.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Garry Monk has been given a 3 year contract with (I think) Josep Clotet stepping up to be his assistant.

We're going to lose half our squad in the summer and get bummed next season.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Andros Townsend was only taught that he should get his head up while dribbling this year.

Ross Barkley still hasn't been told.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Duncan Sperguson posted:

Barkley's issue isn't that he doesn't get his head up it's that he makes poor decisions

(One of) His thing(s) is actually that he looks up very early then gets his head down to play the ball, which catches him out if situations change.

It was out of line to compare England's saviour with Townsend, I profoundly apologise.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Duncan Sperguson posted:

It wasn't out of line just a bit silly but you seem to be on a crusade against Barkley because he scored against your side last year so idk keep going with that I guess.

Did he score against us? Who hasn't?

I'm not anti-Barkley I'm anti-England.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

jyrka posted:

Why is a young player playing for a youth team a bad thing?

If young players only get to play against other young players in meaningless kickabouts they are completely unprepared to play against the mass monsters that inhabit the Best League In The World(tm) the English British Premier League.

Competitive match time against poo poo lower league cloggers is vital to their development.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Transfer "news" - Neil Taylor will be leaving Swansea in the summer. No Euro footy next season (hooray!) means there won't be enough games for him and Ben Davies to get enough game time. He hasn't looked quite the same as he once did since his injury but he's still decent.

West Ham bid for him in January. Might be a good move if they're still interested.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ravel posted:

We see a Kasami goal every couple of seasons, you'll hardly ever see as slick a team goal as that Wilshere goal though.

Rosicky scored a similar one this season.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Corrode posted:

I don't give a single poo poo about Cardiff and I still hate Vincent Tan.

I think he's cool and good.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

"We were supposed to have a main striker and we signed a 20-year-old (Andreas Cornelius), paying him £45,000 a week.

"We paid more than £10m. The reported £7.5m is not the right number. It was over £10m. And, guess what? He hardly started.

"Why pay so much for a main striker, pay £45,000 a week, more than Craig Bellamy, and then don't start him?

He's got a point.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Cornelius is your typical grew up big and strong young player who uses his physicality to bully defenders in the minor leagues. This often gets mistaken for actual talent, but doesn't work so well in the PL unless you're a proper genetic freak (Bony) and/or have enough technical skills to back it up.

He's poo poo and has gone back to his level.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Thirteenth Step posted:

Not satisfied with our position in the laughing stock league table Jeremy Peace has taken decisive action and smashed us right the way up to Champions by sacking Pepe Mel. ffs

I don't think anyone noticed the man enough to make his sacking remarkable in any way.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lukaku is not willing to fight for a place so will be off asap

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why should he though? He's proven goal scorer. He should be starting every game

Mourinho offered him the chance to fight for his place in the first team at Chelsea this season. Instead Lukaku cried and demanded a loan.

Getting guaranteed first team football at his age is obviously very important, but if he'd stayed he would've been first choice within 6 weeks and would've won the league.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

kcer posted:

£60m is a decent amount given what Carr has found us in the past. I'd be amazed if we had a few new players before the world cup, let alone a few days.

£60m is an obscene amount of money. It's not just 'decent'.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
30 Michus

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
6,000,000 Marvin Emnes

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ilyich posted:

Sky Sports News are saying Sherwood has been sacked by Tottenham.

BBC concurs

quote:

"We agreed an 18-month contract with a break clause at the end of the season and we have now exercised that option," said Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Norwich's move for Big Tim is clearly imminent, as I accurately predicted weeks ago.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We're "trying to keep De Guzman" but genius signing David Ngog and disappointing loanees Lamah and Vazquez have all hosed off back to where they came from.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blue Screen Error posted:

Leicester's owner wants to spend £180m to get them top 5 within 3 years, good luck with that.

That might cover the wages, but what about the transfer fees?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MeramJert posted:

What's the deal with Soldado anyway? Did he suddenly decline or was he found out?

System baby tap in merchant getting the 'wrong kind' of service, mentally and physically weak.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

blue footed boobie posted:

idk, if Spurs have a track record of firing managers with consistently improving records it doesn't exactly speak well for what's going on at the boardroom level

If the records are consistently improving with each manager sacked maybe they're onto something?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Modus Trollens posted:

If you win arsene won't sign anyone and it'll be funny

He'll sell his best player and buy two more for the money, just like every other year.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Arsene should lock down Aurier before Ivory Coast win the world cup

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

psyer posted:

According to Tony Barrett of The Times, 15 players may leave Liverpool during the summer.

Buying a holding player for Gerrard to hold hands with is stupid because Gerrard is the holding player now and he's got Henderson to do all his running for him. Plus his legs won't last much longer so building any sort of team around him is crazy.

quote:

"There is no clause that suggests a priority for a specific team," he says. "My head now is focused on the World Cup. My agent tells me what's there. It's more speculation than reality."

Suarez has one foot out the door, and is desperate for any team to come forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Strawman posted:

Is the league of Ireland really bad or are our reserves a lot better than I thought?

Really bad.

• Locked thread