Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

If only he hadn't drowned in seconds because that's totally how drowning works.

If air flow to the lungs is cut off you die immediately, no amount of CPR will help. True fact.

CPR doesn't do jack poo poo if you're drowning. CPR is meant to keep oxygen to your brain until real medical help arrives. Look up CPR success rates. It can keep you from being a vegetable if the ambulance is 10 minutes out, but it won't do gently caress all if no help is quickly forthcoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I was all set to say that nobody who is nasty to customers lasts long in retail but I had a coworker with a nasty streak a mile wide who was there for years before she quit in a huff over being spoken to by the store manager for doing a lovely half-assed job on a task she was asked to do. Of course, she never actually verbally abused a customer that I saw, but she blew up at several coworkers and snapped at customers on multiple occasions. With my current manager she'd have been chewed out so loving hard I kind of wish we'd had him back then.

But I digress. I would think if you owned the store you wouldn't put up with somebody bitching out your friend and wouldn't need to call a manager over to fire them. Just be all "yo, I own this company and we do not tolerate employees who treat our guests with such open hostility, so get your poo poo and get out" and just explain it to the manager later. If she's that awful the manager's probably been itching to find a reason to get rid of her anyway.

Getting the manager to fire them is the only believable part. You always follow the chain of command if you want your employees to feel responsible and accountable. That said, if owner and teller were actually good friends, you'd think teller would have come in asking after Owner, first.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

sweeperbravo posted:

That's another reason.

The "bottle cap as weapon" is definitely a thing though, at least it used to be early 00's, there've been a few places I went to that had that as a policy. Mostly school related events.

Bottle cap as a weapon? Wtf. That's 17 kinds of retarded. It's because a closed bottle full of liquid might as well be filled with cement if you hit someone with it. Liquids don't compress.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Khazar-khum posted:

Cd or not CD

Plausible. People are loving morons. I deal with a lot of people who get terrified and angry any time they need to change a piece of their technology.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Captain Bravo posted:

Also a lot of places that still sell CDs tell their cashiers to say that. It's so people won't buy a CD, run home and rip it, and then bring it back. It's retarded, because anyone that just wants some free music has a billion options for getting it other than "Rip off -your store here-" Hastings, in particular, is super-anal about that poo poo. One store I used to go to stopped taking returns even if they sold a hosed-up CD, they'd just spout that crap about CD returns not being allowed.
We sell software over music, but we won't let take back opened software for refunds, only exchange. Because our suppliers won't take it back and we eat the loss, for everyone but Microsoft. And yeah, people try and return open software all the time just because. One guy got pissed because we exchanged it and opened the replacement. It's just loving easier to tell people it's illegal than to argue with assholes for 20+ minutes.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Elysiume posted:

Do any hotels actually have that policy? That seems really stupid. Unless they mean at affiliated hotels, but a hotel across the street is more likely to be a competitor.

Yes, and less likely than you think. Most common is the upscale and downscale being next to each other.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

sweeperbravo posted:

So it would work great as a "prank" on someone who has a severe social anxiety, but basically nobody else.

Cheezus Crust you spergs, the prank is doing it late at night, when the person is either in bed asleep, or will be shortly.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

EZipperelli posted:

Wasn't this guy like, an amazingly huge shitbag IRL? I've heard he was a dick, pulling guns on people at gas stations, starting fights in bars and acting like he was God's gift to the US military. Also, that his actual confirmed kill number may be significantly lower than he claims?

But what about his unconfirmed kills, maaaaaan....

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Zaphod42 posted:

Also on the list of longest sniper kills, Kyle is only 8th. Still long distance, but Canadian and UK snipers have him beat. I wonder how they compare for "confirmed kills" (whatever that means).

Confirmed kills is basically "head and torso shots," rather than "hit the guy, but in the leg." Or conspiracy theorists say acknowledged missions and not Black Ops.

And Canadian snipers rule. :canada:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

razorrozar posted:

Why is it so hard for people to respect other people's choices, for Chrissakes? :(

Because I have never met a person irl who responds like

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Maybe it's just because I'm from the midwest, but I've met far more obnoxious anti-vegans than obnoxious vegans.

"Hey try this burger, it's so good"
"Nah sorry dude I'm vegan"
"OH MY GOD WHY DO VEGANS NEVER SHUT UP. HEY HOW DO YOU KNOW IF SOMEONE IS VEGAN? DON'T WORRY THEY'LL TELL YOU!!"

This. Every vegan I've met has been an insufferable shitheel, and I refuse to respect shitheels regardless of type.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Omnishambles posted:

I'm lame and have no scars. :(

Edit: Mentally, I'm hosed, though. Does that count for anything?

The only cool scars are the visible ones, sorry. Try tumblr.ppt thread.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ADHDan posted:

I read the entire saga, including his account of the litigation proceedings, and as a lawyer I have to say it all sounds pretty accurate. People with no knowledge of law or procedure routinely outshine attorneys, judges dispose of cases at "preliminary hearings" without bothering to wait for a party to actually move for dismissal or judgment, "gotcha" moments happen all the time at the last minute, and cases get dismissed for "vindictiveness." Also, rules for admission of evidence don't exist.

I used to post on that forum, years ago. And you are literally not allowed to say if you think someone is lying there. As a forum about bitching about lovely customers, you can't even tell someone that the customer wasn't lovely. It's supposed to be a venting and ranting zone. It is not a place conducive to truth telling.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Khazar-khum posted:

Because he's never even heard of the concept of a bloody nose, nor ever seen one in the years he has inhabited our planet.

To be fair, it would be more the "bleeding on command" part, not the "omg blood" part.

Still dumb.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Fathis Munk posted:

Getaway car ? You'd think he robbed a bank, not a lovely rental store.

Very common. Shoplifters doing it as a career almost always work in at least pairs. Either one as look out or driver, depending on place they're hitting, and the other doing the lifting.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

KiddieGrinder posted:

Yay for meaningless patronizing gestures of goodwill! I know my self-esteem and happiness would increase if I saw some maniac driving by smiling and waving at me. My crippling depression and self loathing would virtually vanish in an instant because some random jerk-off who doesn't know anything about me waved at me.

I wouldn't think he was insane, or being sarcastic and making fun of me, or just really weird, or even waving to someone else I didn't notice! Nope, not at all! Thanks driving-around-wavy-guy! :bravo:

Don't underrate random gestures of empathy and humanity. I'm not suicidal, but I do feel better when someone wishes a genuine good day and such.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Loopyface posted:

Those aren't laws, they're suggestions from an organization that has no real power to enforce them.

Those were put in place specifically to avoid laws being put in place. If the industry didn't start self-policing, government would have passed laws. So the suggestions are pretty much loving laws. If they aren't followed, more draconian systems will be put in place.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ibntumart posted:

Avenging Mikon is *way* overreaching, but that said, the MPAA does wield indirect economic power. A movie that doesn't go through their rating process is often going to have a hard time finding mainstream distribution in US movie theatres because theatres are reluctant to show unrated movies. So they do have some control over what filmmakers create, or at least, can present to the general viewing public.

But that has zip to do with what DVDs Walmart allows a teenager to buy. That comes down to store policy. And filmmakers can still flout the MPAA's rating scheme and do all right with their NR films anyway.

Content:

ESRB, not MPAA. ESRB was formed during the furore over Mortal Kombat and similar games, and state governments were posturing over regulating those evil games that corrupt their kids.

Fun fact about movie ratings though, in Canada, they actually are law. Strangest drat thing.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Marley Wants More posted:

So, he has no filter because he's senile and the woman is abusing him? Nice.

Not to mention the kid sounds relieved that it's not him who's getting beaten up today.

Yeah, I hope the self insert is supposed to be the waitress, because that mom comes off as a huge bitch and abusive.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

OptimusShr posted:

Except I am in the US and no stores actually do that, Swipe, enter PIN/sign an get you r receipt. The cashier does not need to handle your card id everything goes right.

I'm in Canada, we've had chip and pin forever, and I still have people too loving lazy to swipe their own cards, and some people are dumb, and a lot are passive aggressive about making the wage slave do everything.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Khazar-khum posted:

Yeah, I really believe a sub gave a poo poo.

I loving hate idiots who think a thumb is not a finger, and I would have flipped the sub off too.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Khazar-khum posted:

You better watch out!

And that child was Owen Hart.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Paladinus posted:

My parents also bought me video games at game stores when I was in my early twenties.

I'm sorry your parents don't buy you presents relating to your interests. My parents just buy me PSN cards nowadays, but it wasn't uncommon to visit home during Uni and have a new game waiting for me to take back.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Stahlgeist posted:

Possible stupid question here, but is it at all normal for an attic to be directly next to a bathroom as opposed to above it? I've never lived anywhere that has an attic anywhere but above the accessible rooms in the house.

Also, no way a 6-year old could fit in that tiny pipe access, let alone get through the pipes.

The attic is separate from the secret room, as the landlord knew about one but not the other.

Murphy Brownback posted:

e: also they claim they aren't going to make the "horror movie mistakes", but shotguns don't do poo poo to "ghosts" (unless we're assuming Supernatural is a documentary and the shotgun is full of rock salt shells). Headlamps don't do anything either.

The shotgun is for murderers or intruders, not ghosts.

Now, both those said, this really didn't happen, but at least criticize it on the right grounds.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ibntumart posted:

You mean this one?

I love that story almost as much as Cheddarcaust. Both make me laugh way too hard for my own good.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Byzantine posted:

Identical twins dating identical twins sounds like everybody's just waiting for that to happen.

Both guys accidentally sexing each other thinking it's his gf.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

I want this one to be true just because writing it would likely have been a nice break from the regular correspondence. Maybe I'll write to the Queen. Wish her the best with a new princess crawling around.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

sweeperbravo posted:

And doesn't know "mistake," but knows "beefsteak."

Or maybe they know both words, but can't make it out?

This is what I loving hate in this thread. There's always legitimate poo poo to pick on, and someone has to be something stupid and unlikely.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Crow Jane posted:

I think I've cried exactly once in the past six months, and it was at a sad part on a TV show in the comfort of my own home. Do people really burst into tears that easily, or am I a robot?

And would Uber really hire a deaf driver? Much less one prone to crying jags?

Uber gives zero fucks as long as you have a license. Not sure if it has to be for driving.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ElGroucho posted:

Like those super fake ones with the 3 inch gap between them

Like two eternal strangers

The saddest boobs.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Verisimilidude posted:

Arizona Watermelon iced tea.

Does this exist? If so, I need some, and will journey far to find it.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Stuntman posted:

They got a watermelon drink, but it's not tea.

Eh, not worth it then.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

The White Dragon posted:

Mac does have some (hideously overpriced) middle-tier hardware that'll run most modern games in its lineup, but the iMac is not one of these products.

Sure it is. Core i5, 8GB ram, and a high end laptop graphics card in the regular 23" model. It won't run the games on high.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Stabbing some people 666 times sounds like a heck of a lot of work unless you were doing pissy little papercut jabs.

It would be literally exhausting. And would take hours. For one victim.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Thin Privilege posted:

Maybe they stabbed them six times, took a pause, stabbed 6 times again, then another pause, and then 6 more times. That's 6-6-6.

Ironically, Satan hates lazy people and if you pull that poo poo, you are NOT going to hell when you die. Put the effort in.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Pththya-lyi posted:

That's what I was thinking, too. "Please, sir, don't give me your money!"

As a theatre employee, I have told people a movie sucks. But that's it. If someone wants to go, loving have at it.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ElGroucho posted:

nobody on this forums has genitals

Or at least any that get used.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Panfilo posted:

I feel like there is a consistent pattern with the STDH type stories. Either the narrator is way more brave or bold than he likely would be, is incredibly sarcastic and/or witty, everything gets exaggerated tenfold, etc. Did I miss anything?

Elder futhark runes :smith:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Sentient Data posted:

This dumb ancient female idiot was so stupid she couldn't find the Wi-Fi switch!

neither could I do we had to call her kid

More that "it's not my stuff, it's your equipment."

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Khazar-khum posted:

What's the punchline?

Overbearing Jewish Mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Samizdata posted:

Nope. Living with your RealDoll collection is not alone.

Or is it?

Depending on the medication of your schizophrenia.

• Locked thread