Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Bought my first official show canopy as well as pole weights. I figure if I do more than four outdoor shows a year, then I can invest in the serious hardware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Buy the walls, they are ok for rain without walls, but do next to nothing for sun without them.

I've experienced enough sideways rain on camping trips. Walls it is. (Should I get extra weights for the walls when they're down? I have 32LB weights for each leg.)

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Clothing humblebrags are best humblebrags.

Do you know how hard it is to find all-natural-fiber dress shirts for a 5'11" 42F girl engineer?

(I'm a 42B with the opposite problem, a fatty fat fat liberal arts grad with a smoking hot girlfriend.)

:smuggo:

In other news, it's the time of year when Arby's makes a weekly contribution to my fatty fat fat-ness:

Not the one I purchased but an incredible simulation.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Mister Kingdom posted:

Rock candy baby, you're mine!
Jump back, kiss myself!

Hike, hike, hike up your Chinos
Hike, hike, hike up your Tufskins

Hike, hike, hike

with the thing and the

I'm waiting till Sampo puts the referral link on his site--and I have the money.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Not for me, not yet anyway.

Stopgap headphones.

Edit: now with 100% less image leeching, I guess.

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 19:43 on Aug 16, 2015

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

For formal autumn lake occasions (and when you need to put five bucks on your order to qualify for free shipping):

I'm not supposed to drink alcohol while taking SSRIs and the booze chat here makes me thirsty.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Looking forward to getting a copy of The Home Economics Story that doesn't have a bunch of artifacting in it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Went to a very disorganized used bookstore. Nice new wooden bookshelves jammed every-which-way with all kinds of books.

Found this (not the exact copy) in a sea of textbooks. $20.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

60% off on Steam. Figured I'd pick it up, Notebook just isn't cutting it anymore.

Also a bunch of LegalZoom paperwork to incorporate my sole proprietorship. (No, it's not related to making video games.)

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

USB adapter for my tablet.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Went thrifting over the weekend. Made out like a bandit on winter clothes and work coffee. Also found this:

Also got a used 2DS for my birthday and I'm determined not to pay more than $5 per game for it. I foresee good bargains and/or terrible games in my future.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Subjunctive posted:

New medication. Let's hear it for insurance.

Indeed! Not as dramatic, bu5 I went from a $145/month prescription copay to a $14/month copay thanks to insurance.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Bead store having a 50% off sale. :getin:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

For the first time in probably ten years, I bought two rolls of kitchen paper.

If a girl's coming over, make sure there's one in the bathroom. They appreciate such gestures.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I just came back from the evening farmer's market with a peach and 10oz of chia seeds. Disappointing peach. :(

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Ms Boods posted:

After using up a trial subscription over the past 48 hours here at the house, I bit the bullet and purchased a subscription to the Loeb Classical Library online. :hist101:

Wish I had this in college. What are you researching?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Vier posted:

Good stuff.

I wish I could buy these at the store in packs instead of 2-3 bucks a can at an eatery. The blood orange is downright tasty.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

This is the bike parts or dildo thread, I'm not sure we should assume a high level of technical expertise.

Unless the router is for his rear end.

What if he's mounting the router on his gun?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

88h88 posted:

Fentiman's is overpriced and in all honesty overrated too. Belvoir is the one and it's a similar price for a much larger bottle too which is ridiculous.

Can't get enough of this stuff. Has the mouthfeel of a dry champagne. Can't drink anymore so on bad days I can at least pretend. :downs:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

*adds to Amazon wishlist*

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Every day I gut a tauntaun and snuggle into it for warmth.

Kinda smells though.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Actual content!

Goodwill for two bucks. Replaces my 1975 edition.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Mine had directions for squirrel, turtle, and beaver! I got it in the early 2000's

Whaddya know, a whole section on how to carve up different meats. I started in the baking section, silly me!

I wonder if the 1930s edition has directions on rendering fat.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Bought some postcard books through Better World Books' Cyber Monday sale as well as a copy of the documentary Sing Faster! to give as a present.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Assuming they're not using the empty-the-warehouse strategy of other subscription services. (Re: the Ipsy subscription, hope your SO likes neutral eyeshadow.)

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

neongrey posted:

optical media is a lovely name for a penis

Considering the other extensions of manhood that have been posted here previously, I can appreciate the subtle beauty of a LaserDisc.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I just bought a loving of porcelain tile for my kitchen floor, along with the other accessories needed to put it in

How many tiles are in a loving? Just curious.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

betterinsodapop posted:

Bought a loving fridge because mine poo poo the bed. Goddamnit.

A good mattress pad can minimize long-term damage from refrigerator accidents, hth.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Megabound posted:

Still buying vintage pens, still beautiful.

Where do you find these? Do you go to online auctions or estate sales for them?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Tea takes me thirsty and purchase tea books.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

I drink tea every day but I've never thought anyone would have anything interesting to write about it (apart from tea history of course). What tea wisdom does the book impart?

I know different teas should be drunk at different temperatures, especially green teas. That's about the extent of my knowledge.

I wanted to get this from the library but their copy's missing. I guess it's a good book if someone felt the need to steal it. :pseudo:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I know when the potluck lunch happens down the street, I take a wok.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Sappo569 posted:

I bought a fancy lamp

I keep expecting your lamp to turn and look at me in bewilderment after stomping a capital I flat.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I bought a USB floppy drive because I went to a rural library to do genealogy research, found a stash of floppies in their history closet, then discovered the library lacked the means to access such content. They didn't even know the disks were in that closet.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

If one out of that pile still did, totally worth it. Need to go back though, didn't buy the drive till after the first trip. I'll do the library a favor and transfer those files to a thumb drive or something, assuming there's data and stuff worth saving. It could be handwritten copies of courthouse records lost due to fire or flooding...or it could be crappy southern recipes like random kitchen scraps fried in lard.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Josh Lyman posted:

If you want to get drunk on the cheap, just make a screwdriver with Everclear.

Do not do this. Only time I ever PCOS Billed. And I lived on a steady diet of Indian River and Smirnoff in college.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Ziv Zulander posted:

It's not so bad, you just have to be conscientious about how much you're drinking. As long as you remember that 1 shot of everclear is equivalent to about 2.5 shots of vodka, you'll be fine.

Admittedly, remembering that does tend to get more difficult after your first drink.

Whoops. Shouldn't have mixed equal parts then. I thought my throat was rusted through and that's before it came back up.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I'd love to find a nice-fitting bra for thirty bucks. Let's have some equal opportunity underwear chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Finally set up my rock tumbler and bought some rough for it.

Ocean jasper: never the same rock twice.