Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

serious gaylord posted:

They found yet another way to gently caress nids over though!

24" range force weapons are not ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

JerryLee posted:

I could swear I've read an expose by someone who auditioned as a painter for BTP, or was briefly employed by them, or something. He basically said they tried to screw him at every turn and had really skeevy working conditions.

From what I've heard they have a compound where they pay you min wage to paint models and charge you rent to live in the compound. Not sure if you have to live there to work there but I wouldn't be surprised. Dude comes off pretty creepy because he's Mormon I believe

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Ahhhhhhh Christ the no mouth guy

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

We played a 3,000 per side unbound game yesterday and did a battle report. Check it out

http://youtu.be/nZ7yLgMdfsE

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Direwolf posted:

I really enjoyed this, it's rare to find a battle report that's watchable. Think I'll check out hte rest of the Fresh Coast reports too!

Thanks! We do our best.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I like the look of the tentacle thing but neither one have fun rules :/ I guess unless fun is running screaming at your enemy while hoping in vain all their twin linked ignore cover weapons miss you

Another pic of the one with really bad rules

muggins fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 28, 2014

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Master Twig posted:

Then you have some classic, iconic Tyranids that are just plain bad. This is really the saddest part. Genestealers and Carnifexes deserve better. (And I maintain that carnifexes would be great if they could take spores again.)

Lictors ;(

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Master Twig posted:

Though I did bog down a squad of marines containing Lysander in assault for five game turns by spawning over 70 termagaunts from one Tervigon. That was fun.

Last editions codex, right? Tervigons can't make babies into assault no more :(

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Uroboros posted:

Calgar lost his sweet choose to pass/fail leadership tests special rule, but he has his terminator armor with the beacon and that allows sweeping advances. Bring him along with a Demi-company and you are looking at 3 turns of refolls for your guys, not to shabby.

Question, chapter tactics still don't apply to vehicles, right? It says they apply to all models, but vehicles still don't have chapter tactics as a special rule. I assume Iron Hands are the only exception since their rules specifically mention vehicles, is my reading correct?

Also, Telion and Chronos also got an extra wound, which is nice. Really thinking about bringing a Demi-company and 10th force to my next tournament.

Dreadnoughts have Chapter Tactics

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

That tank thing is so goddamn fisher price ugly.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Eidolon definitely looks amazing. It's too bad he is such a morondoof in the books

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

mongol posted:

I don't think it's as bad as everyone is saying. They're putting a big push on Sigmar, but I don't think you can extrapolate it to 40k. Sigmar is the new product, so they want to push it hard. By the end of the year, I would imagine things would be back to the status quo.

They started unbound, formations, and no maximum model count in those formation requirements on the 40k side. It is definitely the direction they're going.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Ghost Hand posted:

If what you describe happened to 40k I would probably not like it - but I'd give it a shot. I would then either grin and bare it, or find another game/hobby. It might depend on what my group did as a whole.

Unfortunately I think a lot of guys are just going to give AoS their love and devotion even though in the back of their mind they know it isn't good =/ There are so many good games out there right now, GW isn't the only show in town anymore (for those people, not pointing this at you directly).

Awesome job on the Tempest podcast, btw. Really enjoyed it

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Ghost Hand posted:

Tempest podcast? (Assume failed voice recognition...?) :)

Episode 125 – Horus Heresy 5: Tempest (Part One)

^^ Love bringing back Geoff for that one, he always provides a good viewpoint.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Hey dudes, I'm selling some Space Marine stuff - if you're interested please send me a PM.

See models here: http://imgur.com/a/w8bCJ

They are painted in Mantis Warriors livery. I just don't need this much stuff anymore. $5 to ship anywhere in the lower 48 USA. Paypal only. Some of the rhinos bolters came off in storage, I'll put them in the box so they can be glued back on.

Model / Retail / My Price

• Land Speeder Storm - $30 - $18

• Land Speeder - $30 - $18

• Land Speeder - $30 - $18

• Predator - $57.75 - $35

• Predator - $57.75 - $35

• Stormtalon $45.50 - $28

• Stormtalon $45.50 - $28

• Whirlwind - $57.75 - $35

• Rhino - $37.25 - $23

• Rhino - $37.25 - $23

• Rhino - $37.25 - $23

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

That's nuts. Wouldn't take that much more time to just paint up some bodies.
I hate magnetizing stuff so this was what I always thought. I would just buy extra kits. But with the prices now...

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

surebet posted:

Back when I played magnets were rare but this time I intend on using hard drive threatening amounts. What's a good source to get them in bulk, ideally with cheap shipping to Canada?

http://store.miniwargaming.com/category/rare-earth-magnets/

Or Amazon

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Post 9-11 User posted:

Magnetizing stuff is fun, painting multiple fiddly bits that aren't glued in place is not.

Diameter, not radius. I can fit one into the wrist of a space marine, that's pretty small.

And when you take them out of your KR and they all fall apart or snap together

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

The amount of threads debating the meaning of the word 'each' in regards to gargantuan creature shooting... jesus

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Thought I'd share some pics from our hh event at the Michigan GT

http://m.imgur.com/a/Xpdku

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

What kind of army did you take? I'd love to hear more about what the meta was like. Awesome pictures btw.

Sure! I can post in the morning

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

What kind of army did you take? I'd love to hear more about what the meta was like. Awesome pictures btw.

I brought Fulgrim, Eidolon, 20 man assault marine squad, 10 man tactical in a rhino, 10 man palatine blades, sicaran Venator and a spartan. Fulgrim and palatine blades rode in the spartan. It worked OK but I think I'd drop Fulgrim for more AT if I had stuff painted.

My first game was against an all tank Iron Warriors list and a drop pod Ultramarines list. We had to control certain fortifications around the board it just blew. My partner played mechanicum. We couldn't blow up tanks because we had to concentrate on two drop Melta squads a plasma squad, gulliman and some suzeirain or whatever they are and two tacs. It wasn't fun.

My second game was against white scars with flyers and tacs in rhinos with some bikes and salamanders with fire drakes, vulkhan , and tac squads. It was a lot closer. My partner had iron Warriors with pertuabo and he kicked rear end. My army did what it was supposed to do - assault quickly and sweep people. We won but it was closer.

Overall it was fun but it's 40k so there were definitely some blowouts. I don't play nearly as much as I used to so it was probably enough to tide me over for a while

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Ghost Hand posted:

These look great. I love the Guilliman figure - but on the table he doesn't look like he is in combat enough :(

If I had him I'd magnetize his feet so I could put him on a less shelf like base. Something that looked like a battlefield.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Sure I can, this thread usually just moves too fast for me to follow. I will make sure to post more about it. We plan on doing a campaign soon. In my club we have

Imperial Fists
Emperors Children
Word Bearers
Death Guard
Imperial Guard
Mechanicus

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I saw a list at the GT this weekend that was thunder wolves, two heldrakes, 20 bloodletters, and a bunch of warp spiders. It was =(

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Master Twig posted:

That's about 2600 points of stuff at 1850. I'm gonna run it in a tournament, but I'm not proud. The hell was GW thinking?

My buddy who follows formation hammer said dis

quote:

That's not legal. It's missing 4 complete units that are required before it gets the free upgrades and you only get them for the Ad Mech units.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Mestizo posted:

Anyone have a good recommendation for a pain storing case?

Anything made by GW

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

My hh emperors children took the field today

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Post 9-11 User posted:

You even have a dice bag and custom templates, that's just sick. Where you at in the Murda Mitten, brotha?

I'm near Flint. We have club members in Metro d now tho, all the way up to saginaw. Fresh Coast Gaming is our club, check us out on yt and fb.

The counter thing is for score... Got it at Michigan GT. I'm aware how to fix bendy fw stuff, just don't care anymore as its just gonna bend again ;)

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Ilor posted:

Will do. I'm in A^2.

GW is opening a store there lol

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

That's a huge bummer about the 30k thread. Guess someone needed more room for terrible play by post threads?

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

PierreTheMime posted:

On my turn, the Genestealers counter-charged and began their glorious journey toward the top.

Old post but I love your kraken Tyranids a+

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Phyresis posted:

the higher quality stuff is way harder to detect. based chinaman's stuff was really high quality (at least before he died :( )

Whaat

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Good customer service when you f up is cool but they've also been pretty bad at doing the weekender - my buddy went for a second straight year from the USA and was super disappointed. Sent an email twice and received a form letter reply both times. Perhaps fw is just getting to far into the gw fold.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Safety Factor posted:

While the thread is talking about FW support, how long should it take to get a response from their support? I sent them a rules question almost a few weeks ago and have heard nothing beyond the initial automated response.

I just assumed they don't answer questions. I sent them a thing two months ago.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Ghost Hand posted:

The event you were talking about was taken out of Forge world's hand and was put into the events team's hands. They royally screw this up. However the thing I will say for them, is that they typically learn from their mistakes. It is unfortunate that your friend traveled so far to have such a bad experience. I think I know who it is you're talking about. I was engaged with somebody talking about this on a Facebook page.

I have yet to go to a forgeworld event. I have only gone to black library events.

Yeah, this dude basically sleeps with fw books and he was ready to swear them off.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

TTerrible posted:

I've got rules responses almost instantly before, sometimes a couple of days. Maybe they don't know how to reply. What was the question?

Does Eidolon count as a praetor for the purposes of command squads in 30k? So if he takes a jump pack they can too

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Hencoe posted:

Cant Legion command squads take jump packs any way? And i'm pretty sure he has master of the legion and isnt a centurion, so it stands to reason he could take a LCS.
E: just looked, any model with master of the legion can take a Legion command squad. So a Delegatus could take one too, neat.

AFAIK they can only take one if their praetor takes one.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Hencoe posted:

And the legion special characters with master of the legion are specified as praetors in the red book entry of the command squads retinue rule. So yes they can take a pack if he takes his.

Can you quote it? Not trying to be difficult, but it won't let me do it I BattleScribe and I suspect it's because the catalog author didn't see Eidolon as a praetor. It says specifically "if the command squads praetor has a jump pack..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Yeah that's how I'd think it goes, and my friends would too, just sometimes a random 40k bro can be really annoying with rules reading

• Locked thread