Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

Nurgle is not just death and decay, but also the nihilistic embrace of those things. To understand and even enjoy ones demise and revel in the universal life cycle that death and the birth of new things brings. He is both life and death. Nurgle is indeed twisted like all other Chaos gods, but he is the only is who genuinely cares for his followers. He is a jolly patron who likes nothing more than tending his garden and showing you the sights of his creation. People don't call him Great Father Nurgle for nothing.

I'm now imagining Papa Nurgle sipping from his World's Best Dad mug and chuckling at the funnies section of the newspaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Both the Chaos Marine and Space Marine kits are very out of date and not to scale. C'mon, GW, explain why you won't churn out a new set for your cash cow because molds cost gajillions of dollars.

PierreTheMime posted:

There's a great little story in the current Chaos Daemons codex where an elite squad of Eldar seers infiltrate into Nurgle's realm to attempt to rescue their captured goddess Isha. They sneak toward Nurgle's base of power, which is literally a mansion at the heart of a fetid swamp/garden, where Isha is held, but get stalled in the mire as daemons become alerted to their presence. When Nurgle discovers them, he quickly rots away the protective spirit stones they had kept on their corporeal bodies to protect themselves while projecting their spirits inside his realm. He then tears their spirits from their bodies and roots them into the swamp, to twist and become trees in his orchard.

Don't gently caress with a gardener, son. :bahgawd:

Dang, I need to read that one. The story about Papa Nurgle being a jolly, fat, farting, chuckling alchemist is what lead me to make an all-Nurgle Daemons army. He's enjoys his job so damned much.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
The Tactical Squad has been reboxed at least five times, right? That's counting the Combat Squad horse poo poo they shoveled out years ago. Do they even have an accountant? Do they realize how much money it costs to have graphic designers photograph the minis, edit the box, proofread it in multiple languages, and print them out? The gently caress is wrong with them, release a new kit instead of putting lipstick on an old turd not-as-good-as-the-new-stuff.

Stanyer89 posted:

I was so mad that my body couldn't even function properly enough to throw them against the wall.

Hah, someone at my gaming group was dubbed, "Angry Fred" because he would hurl his casualties into his army box. This was amusing when they were primer black with red oil paint accents, kinda horrifying when I painted an entire Imperial Fists army for him. It even won the best painted army at a local tourne- *ducks under an airbourne metal Dread

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

The Sisko posted:

In a little over a week I'm going to be in Boston visiting some friends and family and looking for places to move. If any goons want to grab a beer or play a game feel free to PM me. Bulbasaur can confirm I'm not a smelly neck beard (mostly).

You have friends? What's that like.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Noticed something while watching Dawn of Awesome 6 again.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Someone who is feverish to curbstomp other players with broken units/formations/whatever is horrid. Buffalo and Pierre are where it's at, playin' Beerhammer and makin' cool as heck armies.

And you two goofballs with the football avatars.

BuffaloChicken posted:

[Rad booze, kewl animal bro, fine-lookin' lady]

I didn't need more proof of why I'm jealous of your life!

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Warhammer 40k: The Khorne Lord Says, "FUSRODAH!"

Uroboros posted:

A sexy Space Wolf army.

It's rare that I think anything from Space Wolves is cool, but whoomp there's that sickass Titan.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 7, 2016

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
That miniature was highly sought-after long after it went out of production, and it was 50/50 whether it was done so as a joke or in earnest.

I was commissioned to paint one. By a different player on two separate occasions. :gonk:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

panascope posted:

First good uses of the Dreadknight kit I've seen.

What's the worst phrase or "comedy" term in Warhammer? Helturkey particularly grinds my gears but Tiggy is also awful.

Waaay back in the day, Gargoyles were jokingly referred to as "Garglers" back when they looked like this:

:magical:

One can imagine what effect flying phalluses tipped with droopy vaginas had on young Pierre The Mime's development.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

That is so damned fun, reminds me of the early days with my brother. During one batrep I snapped a photo when his Defiler got lucky and smashed one of my Falcons out of the sky, I posed them with the winglets high and the crab claws tearing it down. I'd post the photo but it's deep, deep into obsolete archives.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Space Marines with free Battle Focus and their shooting gets better if you're losing an objectives game. Jesus christ, GW.

Also: don't do a thing to help Assault Marines unless you're using them like Swooping Hawks (another tie-in to Eldar, for some reason). Is Gav Thorpe's ghost running rampant?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Brewsuke posted:

Well, they do defecate inside their own armor. I assume.

Processed in the thigh pads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYhQWb9Ry1k

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
7th is pretty great other than some missions being broken turds and the gobs and gobs of formations, detachments and other DLC detritus.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Yeast posted:

They're my Steel Legion's Veteran Squads. Armageddon Ork Hunters

They had a rule called Power Of The Aaugh! that was a human version of a Waaugh and some could take Choppas (back when they reduced any armor save to 4+, which was crazy).

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

SteelMentor posted:

This is official art.

Incredible.

Happy 4/20 to whatever moron gave this thing the green light. Artist: "gently caress it, I'ma get stoned and make the dumbest thing I can imagine, they won't care." Management rubber-stamps it.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Goodness gracious, I skipped a couple threads because I knew they'd be full of bad news about awful things happening to good people, no more sweatshop pics plz.

(I am among the worst offenders, sorry, but I didn't post pics).

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

SRM posted:

I made a seventh stupid Dawn of Awesome cartoon, go watch it or don't, I'm not your dad

Are you trying to tell me that I've been showering with the WRONG DAD this entire time?!

That transformation scene, holy :swoon:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I had the hammiest dream. Not a nightmare, just perplexing in every regard:

We are playing 40k, three player free for all. One is an Ork army on the far side, opposite my Iron Warriors. Between us is a Khorne army painted bright yellow for some reason, it is played by none other than Jack Black for some reason.

The game progresses in typical fashion other than we are playing on the most sands next to a lake. Don't ask me how we managed dice rolls. During my turn I notice I have forgotten half my units as their dark armor visually blends-in with the dark sand. Havoks, a Defiler, Marines, and a Forgefiend all lost their chance to act this turn. That's when I notice that the Forgefiend is crushed into the sand.

My lamentations are interrupted by all hell breaking loose. Jack loses it. He belts out his signature "comedy" scream, starts stomping models on purpose, runs amok. I give chase but the fat fucker can run. I vault over his massive Blood Slaughterer to draw him in, no luck. He ignores me and keeps running, "Ahhhh!" he screams all the while. I plan on moving his Blood Slaughterer to a corner in the fence to lure him in for a sound beating, that's when I awake in a mental ward.

This game isn't healthy.

Nichol posted:

Then I painted 9 more.yay.

When you painted one with that many colors on it I was prepared to mock you. How did you do nine more. They look great! How are you still alive.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Renfield posted:

Just a reminder the 'Dark Eldar Slaves' where origonaly part of the Thudd the Barbarian set - in an ironic, taking-the-piss out of Gorr way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45lXXiLbTxM

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Centos! The fresh purity maker!

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
BS2 hasn't been a problem for Orks since Boys stopped costing-- if memory serves-- 11 points a model. Buckets o' dice and not giving a poo poo about to hit penalties like shooting at Flyers.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Pay me shipping cost for any of these and they're yours (they're heavy, bear that in mind). Nothing wrong with them, but I'm decluttering my living space and the damned things are, again, heavy:

2008 Imperial Guard
2001 Tyranids
2009 Tyranids
2008 Imperial Guard
2005 Tau Empire
2006 Eldar (three copies because people are insane)
2007 Chaos Demons (two copies, mine and a friend's)
2008 Space Marines
2002 Necrons
2007 Orks
2007 Chaos Space Marines
APOCALYPSE
APOCALYPSE: Reload

There's at least one person that can vouch that I'm not an rear end in a top hat, was it Buffalo Chicken with the crazy cool Eldar jetbikes? I sent him a bit for free.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
If anyone wants the remaining stack of books that haven't been claimed, (Orks, Necrons, Apoc 1 and 2 are claimed) it's $13.45 for a medium Flat Rate box in the United States (lower 48, probably). I'm going to get the platinum upgrade for my account so y'all can PM me the details (since I'm not giving out my Steam ID).

Try to stay on top of me, I'm going to wait at least another day or two for requests the\ I'll calculate shipping fees and send the stuff out. Remember, yer gettin' the books free but I ain't paying for shipping. Apocalypse is easily the largest and heaviest (at least I'm not offering the 7th edition rulebook, even though I have a digital version).
https://www.usps.com/ship/welcome.htm

manchego posted:

Could you elaborate a bit on the Orks, goonsir? If you want me to PM you instead I can do that too.

I forget which edition is which, this Orks Codex is by Phil Kelly and has the Blood Axe warboss on the cover. Maybe it's the most modern one? :shrug:

mongol posted:

Is this one available? [Apocalypse: Reload]

You got it.

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Apocalypse: Reload and Necrons; maybe Apocalypse.

Reload was claimed by Mongol, you can have the other two.

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

What's the shipping cost? I don't have PMs, but can be reached at herp derp spamcatcher AT gmail, no spaces.

Depends on what you want that hasn't been claimed, see above and: https://www.usps.com/ship/welcome.htm

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'll vouch for P911U. He's a cool guy.

Oh yeah, you're the one with the :krad: Eldar bikes! Cool? Filthy lies. Honest? Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDkyzOL3EIw

These guys are pretty okay, Matt is boring and a terrible player but usually understands the rules. So, if you want to see how the new dogfight rules work out, peep it (I certainly as hell won't, since I'm already far behind the rules as is).

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 23, 2016

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
You know what, gently caress it, we're in the era of DLC and endless expansions. I want Imperial city landscape sets that include:
1) Rubbish bins with servo skulls
2) Mail boxes (inside is an incinerator)
3) Skull dumptrucks
4) Street signs with burning braziers

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

manchego posted:

Could you elaborate a bit on the Orks, goonsir? If you want me to PM you instead I can do that too.

mongol posted:

Is this one available? [Apocalypse: Reload]

I need you two to send some kind of contact info to me so I can get this stuff sent to you. I'm just going to mail the stuff and it's up to you goonsires to send me the shipping cost in return. Edit: If you can send Dreadknight bits or anything suitably mechanical arms, guns, or stabby stuff from any game system, that'll work too! I'm modifying a bootleg action figure to be a Dreadknight, so getting bits is a priority for me. I actually received some Tallarn models from Amazon which may be the gooniest thing I have ordered.

I have Proletariat Beowulf's email so that much is done. :tipshat:

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 06:12 on May 30, 2016

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Something I forgot about when buying more superglue this week: always get the gel version, never the liquid kind.

Dammit, I don't have tactile sensation in three of my coated digits.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I have some bases from AberrantGames that I want to plug because they're quality and don't cost a poo poo ton of money like most providers. The sets I have are eight bases for about $4.50 so I suppose times have changed. That deviation die is cool, though, since it has the arrow marker located inside of a transparent D6. That would actually help deviation accuracy quite a bit.

http://store.aberrantgames.com/gaac.html

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm pretty drat sure that's just the ebay page for a minis website that was posted in this thread and discussed before. They have several cool sculpts but also a few weird ones like naked Tau lady commanders :yikes:

"There is historical precedent for topless warriors!"
:goonsay:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I would crow about noticing the shotgun in the back row but someone already posted the rules for it.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Safety Factor posted:

Here's 20 minutes of some dude attack moving around a map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sux-9e190pw

I really don't like the new cover mechanic. It's almost non-existent. I'm really just not all that excited about DoW3 from what's been shown so far, but I guess we'll see how it turns out in the end.

It looks like World Of Warcraft and the animation on the Knight moves like it's a tiny robit rather than a massive thing lumbering about.

You know what the next Chaos Marine Codex needs? Doomrider.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Speckled Jim posted:

Finally got around to painting my Anniversary Marine. Seeing as those old timey schemes were overly elaborate, I thought I'd try a quartered scheme.

Looks sick, a quartered paint design is like painting two characters at once.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Why do hybrids have three arms? :kiddo:

Safety Factor posted:

Like any true ham even owns an iron.

Earn your goon stripes by heating up a skillet on the stove to use instead of an iron.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
You roll for Warlord abilities as per the rules, you roll for their effects on turn 4 when you remember you had it.

Or you use the wrong ability because you forgot what you rolled.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Someone over there has played Blood Dragon or seen Kung Fury and I'm pleased with the results. Yeah, that's my bicep.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

SRM posted:

Had a hobby day at my buddy's house today, got some work in on some Inquisition weirdos:

Nick Fury carrying the bones of Gwen Stacey.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Was dormant for 1,300 pages, what I've learned today is that my crates of 40k stuff is obsolete garbage and Moola's posts are still the light. Cool.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Warhammer was a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I preordered the rulebook from my local game shop, may as well have something new to read while I'm on the can.

If you're on the East coast and spot a Nurgle Demon army lead by a giant Homer Simpson figure with three eyeballs, let me know. The box they were packed in is empty, my deranged ex-fiancee might have thrown them in the street. :coal:

• Locked thread