Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There's still some really nice places to live in the burbs and cities. Good public schools, good infrastructure, decent local governments. You can still find some good deals on homes in the metroplex and I'm sure it's the same for areas in Houston and San Antonio. You just have to tune out the stream of bad news coming out of state government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cael posted:

I miss when this thread was about BBQ and the presence of beans in chili.

I’m not singling out specific posters, I just miss when we were slightly more blissfully ignorant of how dumb as poo poo the state was.

Lol, "if you do not know about something, you do not worry about it."

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dameius posted:

I don't think there was ever a blissful ignorance era of the thread, we just had more space between the awful news that we could fill with Texas passtimes of arguing about BBQ and such.

:rolleyes:

Mickey Rivers:

quote:

“Ain't no sense worryin' about the things you got control over, 'cause if you got control over 'em, ain't no sense worryin'. And ain't no sense worryin' about the things you don't got control over, 'cause if you don't got control over 'em, ain't no sense worryin'.”

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Don't leave out the best part:

quote:

Moss isn't saying that free public Level 2 chargers—of which there are three in my town, with plans in the works to convert to paid kiosks—definitely need to get crushed by a monster truck. That rule only comes into play if a town refuses to build free gas and diesel pumps next to the EV chargers.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, it’s all up to the lawyers now. Never forget, a good lawyer knows the law, a great lawyer knows the judge.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, drat, it's 102 and the weather app says it headed up to 103. Hope the electrical grid holds up.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't want to bum anybody out but, the West Texas water situation is gonna get really bad, really soon. Gonna make that West Coast dispute over the Colorado look like child's play.

Who inherited all of those water right's from T. Boone.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Need to eradicate every golf course and cemetery. Dead people don't care what color the grass is.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dameius posted:

It wasn't all that bad before the Spanish got here.

Lol, no horses, no feral pigs, no smallpox, no syphilis, and no guns.

lobster shirt posted:

so how are we conserving energy today, from 2pm to 8 pm?

I firmly believe Texas and the entire SW should adopt the siesta and strictly enforce it, everything has to shut down between 1:00 and 5:00 pm, and stay open till midnight.

perfect way to conserve energy and make life better

radical meme fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 11, 2022

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1546992722552184832

ol woke henry cuellar

Also that slogan makes no sense

Lol, how the gently caress is Latinx a national brand.

my laptop corrected the spelling of It twice before I could force it through, lol

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So West Virginia right?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So who's winning Democratic Party Chair this weekend, anybody got any thoughts. I'm kind of a Kim Olson fan.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
WooHoo, a job extension for his past 12 years of job well done.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LLSix posted:

Does nobody understand gun safety? Sure, his finger is at least outside the trigger guard, but one of those rifles is pointed square at his own foot.

Lol. Lack of trigger discipline. TFR's eternal explanation for why so many toddlers kill their siblings and parents every year.

well you see that 4 year old just hadn't been properly trained how to hold a gun

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If anybody wants to announce that policing in america is broken and needs to be fixed, now would be the time. Uvalde ads just write themselves.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The most lol thing i'll read today.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

What about hated monarch butterflies

You mean those butterflies that are a front for a child trafficking ring.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Old James posted:

Which got to Governor impeached and replaced with the Governator.

That poo poo in California could have ended way worse than having Arnold as Governor. The asshat that funded the recall could have been elected Governor. Thank God for the terminator.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lol. I know several suburban wives that are, to my surprise, very pissed about both Roe and guns.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

not my decision

there used to be a site that archived everyone's old avs, anyone have it?

Lol. I like the new avatar. I wonder if there’s an Abbott version in a wheelchair.

I don’t understand not going full on, in your face pro weed or at least pro edibles and selling that poo poo to suburban moms and cubicle dads as an alternative to that poo poo they’re already being prescribed.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

The Alex Jones trial is turning into a circus. The judge is so pissed at all the shenanigans and is dismissing everything the defense brings up.

The damages part of the trial is based on a default judgment which is basically loving worthless in Texas state courts. The Texas Sup Crt will dismiss all of it in a one page opinion.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jiro posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/26/uvalde-shooting-texas-robb-elementary-principal-suspended

Robb Elementary principal is getting the axe. Head ISD cop hasn't been fired yet. They're going to stupidly fire so many people before they fire the people most responsible.

Lol. Can’t fire the Texas GOP and people who vote for them.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/douglewinenergy/status/1552047527343562756

That's hosed up, maybe they should stop voting for the guys that are doing this to them

https://twitter.com/BobRoseTX/status/1552034223904755713

https://twitter.com/Forrest4Trees/status/1551662064564948993

But there aren't 300 days in summer

Lol, well not on the calendar.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shooting Blanks posted:

Same farmers: "I can't find any laborers, nobody wants to work any more!"

I'm so tired of listening to asshats in restaurants and bars bitch and moan about how all those damned stimulus checks just made it so that people never had to work again for the rest of their lives. The government, of Donald Trump, just gave all those lazy pricks so much money they all stopped working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/lmcgaughy/status/1552267495406452738

gently caress me in the goat rear end, said Cruz.

Lol, stopped clock.