Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...

Gobblecoque posted:

I've heard some people enjoying foregrips on 2nd gens, and exmags is way, way better than ALS on the 1st gens.

Yeah, the cyclone especially benefits more from ex-mags over lasersights. It's basically cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007

Broose posted:

Auraxed my GD7F tonight, making it the first one I've managed to do so with. People say its a bad gun to use nowadays, but it still melts faces from close to medium. Helped clear up many of TR gal drops on Eisa tech.

It's a "bad gun" in that there are better options now, like the cyclone. At launch with how the flinch mechanics worked, it was the best that we had. Now that flinch is fixed we got all sorts of choices.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Skipping the wait for switching continents is totally worth the subscription fee.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Waiting is for suckers.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007

o muerte posted:

Try it on PTS, remember that blast damage doesn't work in the VR.

Just tried it on PTS and small arms do not appear to do anything other than make the shield light up.
Used the same method as Tempest_56 did, just outside the warpgate.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
I'm of the opinion that Light assaults are the secret best class. They are uniquely capable of getting around enemy camps and disrupting them, people that sit in trees and kill farm with them are using them "wrong." Also, C4 light assault forever.
Edit:

Cabbit posted:

Note: offer not valid if enemies look up.
They never do.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007

Nakar posted:

If you're not moving, sure. Why aren't you always moving? Too fat off all your freedom? :smaug:

Sorry you can't handle the Double McFreedom with Pheonix. Not everyone can handle what NC is serving up.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
I always laugh a bit when euro's ask about playing US servers. I am on the west coast US but I usually have a 150 to 200ms ping to Emerald, it is perfectly playable. Most Euro players have a better connection than I do.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Probably shouldn't post them in the public forums.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

When I'm driving my vanguard, what the gently caress is it that is damaging me but making only a tiny amount of noise and leaving no tracers of any kind? The sound effect is the same as when you hit a rock or something. A little fire, but no shell to track back to a target or anything :confused:

Someone not charge firing a lancer. SOE has "fixed" lancer fire not rendering several times now but it still never renders.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007

almost1337 posted:

I kind of want to pick it up and try rolling with HE + cannister...

You mean the Vanguard of poor decisions?

It's not worth it.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Sep 27
Daily sale: Medic Composite Armor
Members sale: TSAR-42 / SAS-R / Ghost*

* New characters can get these weapons free - when the game asks about your preferred role, pick Infiltrator

Even then they are only 250 certs and not wasting real money on.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Easy answer, there is so much poo poo exploding on Emerald that infiltrators don't mean poo poo.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007

treizebee posted:

Why is my NC live character name showing up on the live match stats page?

edit : and other live names?

They had us fill out a form thing to link your account to the server smash one in their stat tracker.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/planetsidebattles/profile/past_broadcasts

It's split into two because Fara crashed, this is the official one

http://www.twitch.tv/cptmurphey/b/581789304

From Murphey's POV in the GOON squad (operating in the south under Ender, with DA/BRIT), featuring 1000% more screaming golden sunderers than the official stream

And Snuggles didn't save his because he is a butt

For mine use this instead http://www.twitch.tv/cptmurphey/c/5368479
Otherwise there's 40 minutes of me dicking around in the warpgate prior to start.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007

Periphery posted:

Give my sunderer chainsaws on the front and let me chop down trees. Hossin will be a barren wasteland within the hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0kjgj-IneE

Ideal Periphery bus found roaming the Canadian wilderness.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007

o muerte posted:

Man, these vehicle changes are so out of left field.

While I appreciate the fact that we won't be instantly dying to invisible tank mines as often, or instantly dying to drifter LAs dropping C4 from 50m above, I'm uh, I'm not sure this is balanced. Dying to c4 in a vehicle these days is an anomaly for me anyway, though I wouldn't mind if 2 c4 set MBTs on fire instead of outright blapping them.

Meh, let's all get drunk and balance videogames by throwing darts at newspapers.

My thoughts as a c4 fairy is that if you sit still long enough for me to drop both c4 and you still don't manage to kill me while I'm waiting to push that button, you deserved to die. It takes quite a bit of effort to kill your dumb tank, effort that is easily undone by moving slightly.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007

fknlo posted:

Maybe they have "fun" playing together? Weird concept in this MLG pro shoot man, but it's entirely possible.

*phwweeeet*

Yellow card for arghyuing.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
:shrek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007

Eww.
Don't use gorgons as NC, Slug grinders/mattocks are better in pretty much every way. Unless you are trying to do AV, use Falcons/Ravens then.
:colbert:

• Locked thread