Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goddammit, I shouldn't have binged through all the chapters currently available! :negative:

Seriously, though, this was a great find. It's basically like a better version of Nisekoi, except here all of them are idiots and the reaction faces are less extreme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rodyle posted:

Remember when MC's thing was that he couldn't lie?

Neither do I.

He's been making strides towards protecting his harem's secrets. The fact that they're all really super goofy in the head and he's a gigantic dork doesn't change the fact that he's trying to be a better bag.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DrSunshine posted:

I really really want to see this as an anime -- dubbed. I think it'd be great if Funimation got some of their A-listers, because Asahi totally sounds like Johnny Bosch in my head.

The Japanese voice acting industry too needs to stop skedaddling at the thought of giving a happy ending to Hidenori and Yassan. Put the dorkiest of the Tomokazus as our favorite bag of holes and Youko Hikasa as Shiragami and everything will sort itself out.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HiveCommander posted:

To think you guys had any doubt that the new girl wouldn't be cute and dumb, you should know the series better than this by now.

Also this.
Now that I think about it, I don't recall Wakamoto doing anything since the talking vaccum cleaner in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san.

He did a small but nonetheless hilarious contribution as a narrator for Nozaki-kun. Also, he turns 70 this year, and I have it in good authority that several VA dudes and ladies are pitching in for a birthday gift.

I also think that, whoever gets cast when this gets turned into an anime has their work cut out for them as long as they can both do “cute and dumb” appropriately. Kana Asumi (who incidentally plays Nyaruko-san) would be great as either the Shiragami mom or daughter.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DrSunshine posted:

They have to get Michael Cera to voice Kuromine and Hynden Walch to voice Shiragami for the dub, they're the only people who have dorky enough voices to match the characters.

But I actually like Kuromine, DrSunshine! Don't go ruining it by casting that giant douchenozzle into the actually likable main character. :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HiveCommander posted:

Kana Asumi has already proven to do a good job of playing Kansai characters with her performance as Marika in Nisekoi, too. I'd be totally down for that, she'd b a pretty good fit for Shiragami.

Diggin' your avatar, buddy! :hfive:

Until recently, my favorite female VA was probably either Miyuki Sawashiro (added to the fact that she's also super-dynamite in person) or Mai Nakahara, but after somebody recommended me to watch Nyaruko-san, I was... well, I actually didn't care for the series that much, but it was pure, mindless fun with a bunch of tokusatsu and actual honest-to-goodness occasional Lovecraft-lore gags, references and what-have-you. But what really sold me was precisely the goofy, boundless energy that Kana Asumi brought forth with the Crawling Chaos. Like Miyuki Sawashiro, Aya HIrano, or Chiwa Saito probably have way better range and the other two Kanas (Hanazawa and Ueda) have a certain je ne sais quoi that usually gets you people watching, Kana Asumi has a certain... pizzazz about her delivery that I find super fun.

And cute.

And somewhat dumb. :3:

Which makes her a perfect candidate for a character whenever this manga gets an anime greenlit.

quote:

I didn't even notice Wakamoto in Nozaki-kun :negative:

Folt The Bolt posted:

neither did I... :smith::hf::smith:

Don't want to be a kill-joy, but I warned you about Yamamoto-san! I told you, bro'!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Revolver Bunker posted:

I just started reading this and its amazing in so many ways. I just finished with the sports day festival. All the characters are great, there's not one character that isn't cute and dumb. :allears:

Shiragami's dad isn't cute! :colbert:

He's dumb, though. Almost enough to balance out his lack of cuteness

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Horizontal Tree posted:

I'm really hoping Shaft animates this. Really. I'd be so happy.

Folt The Bolt posted:

All those wonderful blink-and-you'll-miss-it details, just like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei... :allears:

You know, now that they're stupid money thanks to the Monogatari series, Madoka and Nisekoi (don't know if Nisekoi did that well regarding DVD/Blu-Ray sales, but if the manga volumes started selling like pancakes, then mission loving accomplished), I'd expected for them to start getting lazy with their equal parts goofy / artsy-fartsy style, but I'm still surprised that they're still doing the blink-and-you-miss-it jokes every once in a while, along with the architecture student's wet dream backgrounds.

I do, however, hope that the guys that did Love Lab and Nozaki get it instead of Shaft.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
2016? They better do one heckuva job, then. I'm just happy that we're getting this officially released. I even like the goofy English name, because if there's something that this manga can use MORE of is goofiness.

Have we gotten word of a studio or anything of the ilk concerning the anime?\

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Was that it? Was that the goofy-rom-com manga version of this? Because I can almost picture the voice actress doing the silly "WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?" at the end.

And I love it. There's gotta be a word that means "pleasantly surprised".

Here's hoping the anime turns out to be good. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You know, after seeing all the replies I thought we already had a cast or at least a studio. This was a hundred times better. :kimchi:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Aw man, that looks bland as all get-out. :(

Here's hopin' the anime still turns out good despite that key visual.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Brought To You By posted:

I don't know...everyone's faces just looks off.

Mikan and Akane's faces seem like business as usual. Kuromine does look like he's suffering from either PTSD or Lenny face after botox'ing the hell out of it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This is a dumb conversation... and not cute at all! :colbert:

Make it cute and you can continue with the back and forth between the Harem / Not Harem camps.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DrSunshine posted:

I wonder if MMS will be popular enough once it gets its anime and English release to see cosplayers at Comic-Con cosplaying as Eye Scream Kuromine?

Cool Beauty (lol) or Bust!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If Marika was to die (hopefully not, because not only is she the 'best girl', she's one of the few assets that drat comic has going for itself) before the last arc, I hope it actually affects the group's dynamic in some way. Like, hell, I dunno: It makes Raku realize that all that pussy-footing makes him look even more pathetic than Ted Mosby and he decides to take action. Something. Anything.

Inflammatory posted:

you're in the wrong part of town motherfucker

You hold him/her down, I go to town on him/her. :toughguy:

vvv e: Hey, I was expecting a new chapter as well, homeslice. Gotta get your kicks somehow. vvv

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 29, 2015

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn. For one, fuckin' finally! On the other hand. :smith:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You guys are being dumb again!

... it's cute, though, so you may continue.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn, that is the best chapter in a while. Almost every page had some gold on it, but those last two pages absolutely slayed me.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

khy posted:

I would have liked more of Genjirou making a fool out of himself in front of Kuromine and his wife, but karate-action Youko is cute and funny so it all worked out in the end.

And dumb! Gotta remember the dumb. :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god. This is the manga that just keeps on giving. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HellCopter posted:

Did we always know that the Charismatic Pervert was a human? Truly, Man is the most fearsome creature of all

Shiho is human. Shido's the wolf.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Every time. Every goddamn time. This time it was basically telegraphed! And I couldn't help it. Oh dear god, Masuda really knows how to work his crowd.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fellis posted:

Man been awhile since the police car gag, hello old friend. Also loved Akane trying to be serious throughout the chapter.

does jitsu-wa end in a joke singularity when they have every callback in one chapter tho
If it ends like that, it'd be funnier than the Shikigami arc in Gintama, and I legit had trouble breathing through that arc.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Demonic Cool Beauties All the Way Down :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Death Match?

:cawg: I swear, this goddamn manga.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The maid-cafe chapter was legit one of the best things I've read on anything ever. Asahi's :stare: face at the homurice's ketchup message should be in a museum next to Araki's art.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's chapter 73. Probably one of, if not the outright best chapter in the first part of this manga.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:kimchi:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tarage posted:

http://bato.to/reader#3d38ed7ea7c9cb74

Warning: Dangerously genki 'pires!
How do you turn off these feelings enveloping me? It's like a :ssj: but instead of maximum Badass power to punch poo poo up, it's maximum :3:. Or hell, even :kimchi:

Those reveals at the end, though. :ohdear:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's not fair. How can anybody be so dumb and yet so incredibly adorable? No wonder Asahi is still totally into her. :kimchi:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kyte posted:

Oh yeah I forgot to ask. Is it Yuuhi as in evening sun. Because I want to believe this dork just switched Morning with Evening.
Search your feelings. You know the answer.

He might be the tsukkomi, but he's still a dumb + cute teenager. He went from Black Peak's Sunrise to Black Palace Sunset. He's a dork. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And the music gets hopeful... :unsmith:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Horizontal Tree posted:

Nope, she's a cool beauty.

Tarage posted:

The stake has never been in the 'pire.
:golfclap:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zeruel posted:

I can't wait til Asahi stakes Youko
Eromine confirmed! Rush him!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, Zep. My fave punster. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

There Bias Two posted:

I'm not sure I like this past arc so much. I miss the rest of the cast.
Were you not reading? They were there last chapter! :colbert:

Or at least their mid 90's antecessors. Who seem to be dumb and extremely cute.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Secret Identity! :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I work doing on-site coding / maintenance to several programs for a Chemical company, and sometimes, because the tech support team is sometimes short-staffed, I get assigned to call people on site to help them on simple computer-related stuff, like what you'd call a Tech-Support if you're unable to log-in because you forgot your password or haven't logged in a long time and yadda-yadda-yadda.

The guys that I call us are usually "Salt of the earth" dudes and ladies and seem to do a lot of work away from computers. Today, I spoke with a guy like that, and he made a "Sleep Inducing Device" reference.

It's a good day, you guys. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I did ask if he was referring to his shovel, and he laughed like a goofy 10-year-old boy.

• Locked thread